10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon workers:

No protection, nothing. And they send the guy who tells them to shot down at home (and he is not sick).

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Wow.
    Yes, it's amazing that you are still not paying attention, and unable to understand the hierarchy between academic institutions - and the related envy.

That explains why she is more concerned with Oxford University creating the vaccine first (she thinks they are good and can pull it off, and even though she pretends she is part of Oxford University she knows she really isn't) than caring whether someone else creates it (who is likely to be as nationalistic - but favoring some other University). (Oh, and post-doc work at the department you graduated from is often frowned upon.)
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-04-24 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Yes, it's amazing that you are still not paying attention, and unable to understand the hierarchy between academic institutions - and the related envy.

That explains why she is more concerned with Oxford University creating the vaccine first (she thinks they are good and can pull it off, and even though she pretends she is part of Oxford University she knows she really isn't) than caring whether someone else creates it (who might be as nationalistic as Britains).
    You know you aren't winning an argument, when you have to literally edit out almost the entirely of someone's comment, because you cannot argue against it...

15+ Year Old Account
    https://local.theonion.com/man-just-...tm_campaign=SF

Hah The Onion was right already a month ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post

No protection, nothing. And they send the guy who tells them to shot down at home (and he is not sick).
    Oh yeah. They do nothing at all. They had 1 guy at the warehouse my uncle is at test positive. They were going to "investigate" it. He never heard of anything.

Denied the test and then he died from the virus. In this same story, the hospital gave a statement saying the CDC has guidelines in place stating that healthcare workers and those already admitted are priority for the tests and that they cannot expand the test to a more broad range.

Yet here we have states wanting to open. What is wrong with these people? Literally cannot test everyone and have people Dieing from this virus, but they want to open? This economy is already messed. Let it collapse.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2020-04-24 at 07:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You know you aren't winning an argument, when you have to literally edit out almost the entirely of someone's comment, because you cannot argue against it...
    I edited out irrelevant parts, instead of leaving them and ignoring them that you seem to prefer.

I'm focused on why someone would be so concerned with a university not winning the vaccine-race for covid-19 potentially saving millions (she doesn't care that someone else wins, or the consequences of that win - as long as it isn't Oxford University), and the obvious explanation is envy - for the real Oxford University that she pretends to be part of, but deep down she knows she isn't part of.

I edited out irrelevant parts, instead of leaving them and ignoring them that you seem to prefer.

I'm focused on why someone would be so concerned with a university not winning the vaccine-race for covid-19 potentially saving millions (she doesn't care that someone else wins, or the consequences of that win - as long as it isn't Oxford University), and the obvious explanation is envy - for the real Oxford University that she pretends to be part of, but deep down she knows she isn't part of.
    You edited out all but a single word.

Personally, I don't much care about that random woman, or where she went to college, and where she currently teaches.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-04-24 at 08:17 PM.

You edited out all but a single word.
    Yes. The rest was irrelevant.

Personally, I don't much care about that random woman, or where she went to college, and where she currently teaches.
    I don't care for the particulars of this academic envy - but I care about understanding why people write and act in such ways - like being more focused that Oxford University doesn't develop a vaccine than the vaccine is developed in the first place. It's not like she really dislikes Oxford University and is ashamed of it, as she is riding on their coat-tails; and that's why academic envy is an explanation.

That news outlet want such opinion pieces is obvious, as "controversial" view-points generate more clicks; that's easy to understand.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-04-24 at 08:44 PM.

Yes. The rest was irrelevant.

I don't care for the particulars of this academic envy - but I care about understanding why people write and act in such ways - like being more focused that Oxford University doesn't develop a vaccine than the vaccine is developed in the first place. That news outlet want such opinion pieces is obvious, as "controversial" view-points generate more clicks.
    You mean the part that you couldn't argue against.... good enough.

I also care about why people write and act in such ways, like when they completely edit out a comment, because they cannot seem to address it.

You mean the part that you couldn't argue against.... good enough.
    I edited it out because it was an irrelevant argument.

My point is that she is not really part of the top-tier Oxford University, but of the bottom-tier lesser Oxford, and thus feel envy for OU - and that clouds her judgement. That she is teaching on a course at OU doesn't change that she isn't really part of OU. (And staying as research assistant at the same department after finishing a PhD is not prestigious - especially not at lesser Oxford.)

She tries to pretend that she don't like OU and the prestige it holds, but that doesn't work when she so clearly desires that prestige herself. Thus the obvious explanation is that she envy OU, and cares more about that than whether a vaccine could save millions of lives.

My point is that she is not really part of the top-tier Oxford University, but of the bottom-tier lesser Oxford, and thus feel envy for OU - and that clouds her judgement. That she is teaching on a course at OU doesn't change that she isn't really part of OU. (And staying as research assistant at the same department after finishing a PhD is not prestigious - especially not at lesser Oxford.)

She tries to pretend that she don't like OU and the prestige it holds, but that doesn't work when she so clearly desires that prestige herself. Thus the obvious explanation is that she envy OU, and cares more about that than whether a vaccine could save millions of lives.
    Then, why even respond to just "wow?"

The only needed response would be,

"Yeah, wow."

But no, you decided to run off, and ignore it all. That's the point. In essence, there's no need to respond to him at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Seems like we have managed to beat the thing back in Israel. Things are looking super positive now and we start releasing the measures.

Lockdowns definitely worked out and healthcare system took this well enough. Overall we are using 107 ventilators out of about 3k we got and this number seems to stay there for quite a few days give or take a couple.

Total cases are 14882 and total deaths are 193 with only 1 new death today. Active cases are dropping and overall things look good.

Next week we have Independence Day and it will be lockdown two days there again, but after that starting May workplaces will be gradually returning to full capacity over the month with various restrictions in place. For example - it's mandatory to use masks - anyone who is without a mask on the street gets a fine and every store is limited to allowing only 4 people inside per registered point of sale counter with temperature checks on entry.

Malls, cafes, restaurants and bars will remain closed for now. Deliveries are allowed, so you can order cafe/restaurant stuff to be delivered, they just are banned from opening actual place for physical customers.
    That's interesting, but it begs the question can anyone really contain the virus in the long run? Can Israel sustain itself shutting down its borders until there is a vaccine? I am not trying to be an antagonist, I am just generally curious if there is a "right way" to tackle the virus. Surely there are plenty of wrong ways, but it seems like our global society ruins the chance of any one country having a true success.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    That's interesting, but it begs the question can anyone really contain the virus in the long run? Can Israel sustain itself shutting down its borders until there is a vaccine? I am not trying to be an antagonist, I am just generally curious if there is a "right way" to tackle the virus. Surely there are plenty of wrong ways, but it seems like our global society ruins the chance of any one country having a true success.
    IMO there is no real containment.
    The idea is timing the serious cases and delay them out so as not to overwhelm hospitals.

To address what I believe your really saying...You can't keep a country on lockdown for long...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    The idea is timing the serious cases and delay them out so as not to overwhelm hospitals.

To address what I believe your really saying...You can't keep a country on lockdown for long...
    No you cannot, which is why it is actually very important that when a lock down happens everyone complies and it is done as effectively as possible so you can gradually re-open the country in a controlled matter, or else you'll just get outbreaks left and right without any really control on the matter. Supply chains will get randomly broken, people will end up being too scared to go to work if not even too sick.

Which is what is taking place in the US is very dangerous and those shouting that the economy should be opened up right now are going to be the main cause of why things will be put in lock down once again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

good thing your opinion on this subject is irrelevant to the reality of the matter at hand.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you edited out the absolutely-relevant part because you had not argument against it.

My point is that she is not really part of the top-tier Oxford University...
    Why exactly do you claim she's "not really part" of the University of Oxford? Be precise; anything less will prove that you don't really have an argument.

She tries to pretend that she don't like OU and the prestige it holds...
    How does she pretend that she doesn't like the University of Oxford? Again, precise; same reason.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

5+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if this has been posted.

Turns out some in people in Mexico are attacking their medical professional out of fear and ignorance.

I myself being descent of Mexican it is saddening news but not surprising.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ntl/index.html

I hope this trend dies and doesn’t spreads to other nations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

Turns out some in people in Mexico are attacking their medical professional out of fear and ignorance.

This isn't new sadly

Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post

The virus is controlling these people.
    They kill anyone tried to heal them. The virus has self-protection.

Trump order people to go back to work.
    I wonder if the virus got him too.

Trump talks about virus dead at 90+ degree F.
    Does he know the human body is 99 degrees?

We are doomed !
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-04-24 at 10:07 PM.

wow this is crazy.

basically GA is a total fuckville.

Bother customer and worker are wearing mask that give no where near enough protection to be that close to each other.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as...cid=spartanntp

Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!