10+ Year Old Account
    This pandemic seems to be creating an epidemic of stupids with guns.

Gun-waving SUV driver crashes parade celebrating nurses

People across the county are celebrating and supporting healthcare workers during the coronavirus pandemic.

But a ceremony and parade being held in Delaware County, Pa., was marred when a gun-waving SUV driver crashed a parade of first responders who were paying tribute to the staff at Mercy Fitzgerald Medical Center Tuesday night, according to 6ABC in Philadelphia.

Police in Darby, Pa., said the male suspect threatened to hurt people while waving the gun.

The resulting police chase of the suspect in the SUV came crashing to an end when the male driver lost control of the vehicle and rolled it over at Main Street and MacDade Boulevard in Darby.

The name of the suspect wasn’t immediately released by police.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Jesus Christ. My wife told me that there had been some incidents outside of her hospital with people shouting or spitting at healthcare workers walking to their vehicles but this is beyond fucked up.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    You comparing HIV vaccine with Sars-cov-2, diferent virus, we know how to block sars-cov-2, and yes, already worked in a lab. No one has a clue of what to do with HIV vaccine.
    You're not getting it. The issue isn't whether or not a vaccine can theoretically work. The issue is whether or not it's proven safe to take by pretty much the entire population of the planet.

Some vaccine's don't work as well in humans as they do in a laboratory setting. Some might not confer full immunity, and even the partial immunity might "wear off" quickly. Some vaccines have side effects that might be more deadly than COVID-19.

There's a reason why there are successive phases to clinical trials and why they get progressively more difficult to pass.

We will see.
    Saying "we will see" basically makes my point. You're trying to guarantee it. I'm simply saying there's no guarantee; I'm not saying that it can't happen. If you think we need to wait and see, then you're already admitting that there's no guarantee.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What the fuck is the reasoning or logic behind attacking and harassing healthcare workers?
    Apparently there's a conspiracy floating around that they're intentionally inflating the COVID-19 numbers to get federal funding OR intentionally killing patients to follow some fictional media scare tactic.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

What the fuck is the reasoning or logic behind attacking and harassing healthcare workers?
    There have been outbursts like this. In the UK someone slashed the tires of a bunch of ambulances at a depot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't look for anything resembling reasoning or logic here. Some people are just warped. Is he in custody? Yes? Then it's best just to move on.

Stupidity is unfortunately perpetual, hence my sig.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    You're not getting it. The issue isn't whether or not a vaccine can theoretically work. The issue is whether or not it's proven safe to take by pretty much the entire population of the planet.

Some vaccine's don't work as well in humans as they do in a laboratory setting. Some might not confer full immunity, and even the partial immunity might "wear off" quickly. Some vaccines have side effects that might be more deadly than COVID-19.

There's a reason why there are successive phases to clinical trials and why they get progressively more difficult to pass.
    That's not what you typed before, you denied me the right to do a comparison at the same time you were comparing.

I'm not the kind of guy the loses is hopes easely, it's better for evryone moral to believe, then just lose hopes. Yes the vaccine might not work at all, theres a good chance they will, and you deneing that.

If you think we need to wait and see, then you're already admitting that there's no guarantee.
    jesus we on a car around a roundabout or what, we just keep going on on circles, i'm optismitic with the vaccine, there is no other conclusion to be donne, we can get it or we can't. I see the good side, because is posible, you see the bad side and you keep saying it might take longer or it can't be donne.

All i know is that at this moment there is already a vaccine that has passed lab trials and is going to enter the human trial phase this summer, if it passes the human trial we will have a vaccine ready at the end of the year waiting to be mass produced, at worst the vaccine will be here june next year. I could not work, yes it can, but it can work aswell, and this one last thing is the one thing you denying.

man call me stupid please, I deserve it and need to be reminded not to engage!!!

I just watched that video going around about gates and the huge conspiracy by the aids researcher...... I refuse to link it because its downright the very definition of stupid.

but I promised to have an open mind to the two individuals I was talking and debating with and I did.

after watching and researching after, holy hell. lie after provable lie.

What did I get back from the two people I debated....

"u believe those you want to believe. I can say the same things about gates and fauci all lies. All I can say to you is keep watching with an open heart not with a mind that has already been made up...."

/facepalm.

even when I presented them with actual arrest warrants, charges she said did not exist, search warrants, etc etc they still refused to acknowledged she was lying.

Please feel free to IM me how fucking stupid I was to even engage them. I deserve to be ridiculed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Apparently there's a conspiracy floating around that they're intentionally inflating the COVID-19 numbers to get federal funding OR intentionally killing patients to follow some fictional media scare tactic.
    Yup that was part of the video I just watched....totally taken out of context.

If ANY hospital is pressuring ANY doctor to falsely code Covid-19 claims with an expectation financial gain, that would be Medicare fraud.

and again, there is proof of this.. its right on fucking page one....first bullet point

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/icd/CO...ines-final.pdf

1) COVID-19 Infections (Infections due to SARS-CoV-2)

a) Code only confirmed cases Code only a confirmed diagnosis of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) as documented by the provider, documentation of a positive COVID-19 test result, or a presumptive positive COVID-19 test result. For a confirmed diagnosis, assign code U07.1, COVID-19. This is an exception to the hospital inpatient guideline Section II, H. In this context, “confirmation” does not require documentation of the type of test performed; the provider’s documentation that the individual has COVID-19 is sufficient.

Presumptive positive COVID-19 test results should be coded as confirmed. A presumptive positive test result means an individual has tested positive for the virus at a local or state level, but it has not yet been confirmed by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). CDC confirmation of local and state tests for COVID-19 is no longer required.

If the provider documents "suspected," "possible," "probable," or “inconclusive” COVID19, do not assign code U07.1. Assign a code(s) explaining the reason for encounter (such as fever) or Z20.828, Contact with and (suspected) exposure to other viral communicable diseases.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not what you typed before, you denied me the right to do a comparison at the same time you were comparing.
    You need to go back and re-read what I said. I said that the lack of an HIV vaccine is proof that vaccines aren't always easy, and then I immediately followed it up by stating that a coronvirus wouldn't be as difficult as an HIV vaccine, however. Many labs have attempted to create a vaccine for SARS over the last decade and a half and we still don't have one, though.

I'm not the kind of guy the loses is hopes easely, it's better for evryone moral to believe, then just lose hopes. Yes the vaccine might not work at all, theres a good chance they will, and you deneing that.

jesus we on a car around a roundabout or what, we just keep going on on circles, i'm optismitic with the vaccine, there is no other conclusion to be donne, we can get it or we can't. I see the good side, because is posible, you see the bad side and you keep saying it might take longer or it can't be donne.

All i know is that at this moment there is already a vaccine that has passed lab trials and is going to enter the human trial phase this summer, if it passes the human trial we will have a vaccine ready at the end of the year waiting to be mass produced, at worst the vaccine will be here june next year. I could not work, yes it can, but it can work aswell, and this one last thing is the one thing you denying.
    No, you're not just being "optimistic", you're saying it WILL be done, and in a year at most. Not "you hope it will", or "you think it will". It's entirely possible to be realistic while still being optimistic. But stating to others that your optimistic view is the only possible outcome is dangerous.

And I'm not in any way denying that it can be done. I was very explicit about that. The only thing I was saying is that you can't guarantee that a vaccine will be ready in a year. Honestly, I think it's highly likely that we'll see a vaccine in the next 2 years, hopefully in the next year.

I just take exception to you stating it as a certainty.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Don't know ask our president why he harassed a nurse he was supposed to be honoring....

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trum...180156007.html
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    While I am in full agreement with you that Covid is worse than the flu, trying to present a graph like this as evidence does more harm than good. Anyone who already agrees with you, is going to agree with you. Someone who doesn't, is going to look at the blatant misrepresentation on the x-axis as you trying to manipulate the numbers to look worse than what they are.

We know that for both Covid and the flu, that it is worse the older you get. By having three columns for 65+ for Covid, and only one for the flu, it just looks bad.
    What is misrepresented? Cause I don't think you really understand that word.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

We will have a vaccine within a year at most, not just one, but supposely several (most of them are vaccines based on the protein imunization, the same principle that worked for the Italian vaccine).

The only thing you can claim, is, can we produce those vaccines in a large scale?
    Considering how many pharms want to cash in on a successful one, add in the relaxed regulations, I'd say it's a matter of months.
    But yeah, getting them in massive quantities will be the trick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    hmf...symptomatic of a fraying society?

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's still not a balanced chart, which is entirely my point. If you're going to cut the flu off at 65+, cut Covid off at 65+. Those making the graph could have easily done that, as the data was there. Doing otherwise skews the representation, either intentionally or not.

Or are you trying to argue that someone who is 65 has the same chance of dying from the flu as someone who is 85?
    The problem here is flu deaths isn't really recorded. It's based mostly on estimates.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's still not a balanced chart, which is entirely my point. If you're going to cut the flu off at 65+, cut Covid off at 65+. Those making the graph could have easily done that, as the data was there. Doing otherwise skews the representation, either intentionally or not.

Or are you trying to argue that someone who is 65 has the same chance of dying from the flu as someone who is 85?
    uhm pretty sure there's a small sliver all the way down to age 50....
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Considering how many pharms want to cash in on a successful one, add in the relaxed regulations, I'd say it's a matter of months.
    But yeah, getting them in massive quantities will be the trick. hmf...symptomatic of a fraying society?
    Yeah, it's getting worse weekly. Three interesting tidbits from MSN.com.

1) Number of additional active cases in the US was more than the rest of the world combined
    2) Number of deaths broke 3k (we are racing pretty quickly from 70k to 80k)
    3) This headline is for one of the articles:

Michigan barber ticketed for defying coronavirus lockdown says he’ll work until arrested or ‘Jesus walks in’

He left out "or until he gets the virus". Presumably he would stop if he got the virus?

These are desperate people. Desperate people do really stupid things

So... be safe means 1) protect yourself from the virus, but more and more it also means 2) protect yourself from desperate people.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What is misrepresented? Cause I don't think you really understand that word.
    Do you believe that someone who is 65 is at the same risk of dying of the flu as someone who is 85?

Quote Originally Posted by Omega10 View Post
    Yeah, it's getting worse weekly.
    The Trump administration is also Refusing to Listen to CDC guidelines on Re-Opening States. Trumpublicans have no Morals and are completely Deplorable.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Michigan barber ticketed for defying coronavirus lockdown says he’ll work until arrested or ‘Jesus walks in’

He left out "or until he gets the virus". Presumably he would stop if he got the virus?
    You'd like to think that, but... After all, there is a high chance he'll only get a mild version that won't require hospitalization - at which point, his point is "proven". "See, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as media claimed". Nevermind that he'd be spreading it around and potentially causing other people to die - after all, if he can take it, so can everybody else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you believe that someone who is 65 is at the same risk of dying of the flu as someone who is 85?
    Do you believe that someone who is 66 is at the same risk of dying of the flu as someone who is 67?

There's always going to be a level at which the data are not granular enough to be 100% accurate. That doesn't invalidate the data. It also doesn't necessarily mean you should artificially step down the detail of other data just to make them more congruous.

- - - Updated - - -

1) Number of additional active cases in the US was more than the rest of the world combined
    2) Number of deaths broke 3k
    Neither one of these things is true, though.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, a game to play, i like games, and i'm havin an insomnia... again.
    Do you believe that someone who is 66 is at the same risk of dying of the flu as someone who is 67?
    Do you believe tha someone who i 3yo is at the same risk of dying of the flu as someone who is 9 and has covid-19?

Obviously, on that range the flu is a lot worst, which means @stevenho was right all the time .