Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Meanwhile Trump has been golfing almost every fucking weekend during this pandemic.
    Does this mean you are fine with Pelsoi not taking this seriously because Trump golfs?

No, TRUMP is the biggest problem with this. He called it a hoax. He said you could go to work with it. He said to go about your daily lives with it. Now it is spiraling out of control thanks to his FAT ORANGE MOUTH.
    He never called the Corona virus a Hoax, why did he gave away his quarter salary to help fight COVID-19 if he thought it was a hoax? Lying makes you look silly, you really need to get your news from other places than reddit Trump hate groups.

Meanwhile Trump has been golfing almost every fucking weekend during this pandemic.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, not surprising that Fox News was wrong, and why Zenkai was wrong. Meanwhile he doesn't care that Trump golfed twice this weekend.

- - - Updated - - -

No, TRUMP is the biggest problem with this. He called it a hoax. He said you could go to work with it. He said to go about your daily lives with it. Now it is spiraling out of control thanks to his FAT ORANGE MOUTH.
    He has people and agencies working on the issue. What else do you want him to do? He is the President not a Doctor. He isn't going to be wiping things down with Clorox wipes for you.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Does this mean you are fine with Pelsoi not taking this seriously because Trump golfs?

He never called the Corona virus a Hoax, why did he gave away his quarter salary to help fight COVID-19, lying makes you look silly, you really need to get your news from other places than reddit Trump hate groups.
    $100k means FUCKING NOTHING in this. And I don't read Reddit, but you clearly spend a lot of time on The_Donald defending him though, don't you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    He has people and agencies working on the issue. What else do you want him to do? He is the President not a Doctor. He isn't going to be wiping things down with Clorox wipes for you.
    Stop lying about it? Stop trying to politicize it? He should have stopped people from coming into the country like the CDC said he should have, but no, that GIANT ORANGE DOUCHEBAG overruled them and told them to come back to the country. Now that fat sack of shit is telling them to go to work, go about their daily lives as they infect other people.

Trump has funneled millions of taxpayer money into his own pocket. Giving away his salary means nothing.

$100k means FUCKING NOTHING in this. And I don't read Reddit, but you clearly spend a lot of time on The_Donald defending him though, don't you?

Would you donate 100K to something you thought was a hoax? Actually I could see you doing that...

You don't read reddit but you have a link in your sig to a reddit page. lol...

- - - Updated - - -

Stop lying about it? Stop trying to politicize it? He should have stopped people from coming into the country like the CDC said he should have, but no, that GIANT ORANGE DOUCHEBAG overruled them and told them to come back to the country. Now that fat sack of shit is telling them to go to work, go about their daily lives as they infect other people.
    Yeah, you are delusional and allowing emotions to entirely override your brain. You have lost touch with reality. You need to calm down and pay closer attention to what is going on without all the hyperbole and misquotes.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-03-10 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

He never called the Corona virus a Hoax, why did he gave away his quarter salary to help fight COVID-19 if he thought it was a hoax?
    You realize that Trump has gutted the CDC budget and disbanded the pandemic response team right? That's like giving a band aid after you chopped someone's arms and ears off.

Would you donate 100K to something you thought was a hoax? Actually I could see you doing that...

You don't read reddit but you have a link in your sig to a reddit page. lol...
    Nope, I have that in my sig, for morons that think that Trump isn't racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Other than that, I don't go to Reddit unless I am looking for something specific.

And yes, Trump would probably donate $100k to something that was a hoax.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, you are delusional and allowing emotions to entirely override your brain. You have lost touch with reality. You need to calm down and pay closer attention to what is going on without all the hyperbole and misquotes.
    Except I know what is going on. And it is clear you don't, because you are spending too much time on Fox News.

Well a few things he could have done.

- Take it seriously early on.
    - Not defund the CDC as he did.
    - Not decline the test kits the WHO offered that everyone but us are using which is why we are way behind on testing.
    - Not play politics and tell the fucking truth instead of trying to paint a rosy picture each time on stage.
    - Stop shutting down experts because you are worried about the stock market (travel warnings for the elderly).
    - Get help WHO, South Korea, Japan even China those countries have experience and expert learn from them maybe.
    - Repeal the public charge policy which forced countless legal immigrants not to have public health care out of fear of losing their status.
    - Come up with a plan for the prison population they are sitting ducks and only a matter of time.

There's a long fucking list of shit he isn't doing, this would be hard even if we had competent people on board. These morons are literally getting people killed with their incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    ....you actually think he was blaming the financial sector? Good grief.
    He was implying a causal relationship between the financial sector and poor performance in handling the corona virus.

That is exactly how most people interpret "Almost as if markets holding up is more important than public safety." and how it was intended to be interpreted. Obviously he is not necessarily saying that the financial sectors order the politicians to do this, only that the politicians prioritize the financial sectors - as the financial sector want/desire.

Whereas I'm stating that there isn't even a correlation, and thus no causal link. Some countries with large financial sector are doing fine, some without are really bad, and others with large financial sector are a bit below par (but it doesn't seem as if they are way behind others).

However, the more intersting question is why the UK/US are singled out. They may be a bit below average - but not that bad. (I'm not saying that Trump is doing great.)
    However, we notice them more - and ignore France, Spain, etc. That I see as the major effect of the financial sectors.

Basically he is wrong, and ignorant of the world (did he even look at other countries?), and using the virus to further some agenda.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    There was no mention of it being a predictor.
    What did you think he meant? Why did you find the tweet interesting?

Everyone who retweeted and replied surely understood it the normal way.
    Last edited by Forogil; 2020-03-10 at 07:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post

- Not decline the test kits the WHO offered that everyone but us are using which is why we are way behind on testing.
    - Not play politics and tell the fucking truth instead of trying to paint a rosy picture each time on stage.
    - Stop shutting down experts because you are worried about the stock market (travel warnings for the elderly).
    - Get help WHO, South Korea, Japan even China those countries have experience and expert learn from them maybe.
    - Repeal the public charge policy which forced countless legal immigrants not to have public health care out of fear of losing their status.
    - Come up with a plan for the prison population they are sitting ducks and only a matter of time.

There's a long fucking list of shit he isn't doing, this would be hard even if we had competent people on board. These morons are literally getting people killed with their incompetence.
    If he actually had respect of the international community and a real administration with working relationships with Russia and SA he could have tried to convince the two of them not to start an oil war in the middle of a pandemic....

but they didn't even bother with him and his administration
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Nope, I have that in my sig, for morons that think that Trump isn't racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

Other than that, I don't go to Reddit unless I am looking for something specific.

And yes, Trump would probably donate $100k to something that was a hoax.

- - - Updated - - -

Except I know what is going on. And it is clear you don't, because you are spending too much time on Fox News.
    Sorry, I don't spend time on Fox News, but I do so enjoy when that is the only thing people like you can come up with for an argument.

You realize that Trump has gutted the CDC budget and disbanded the pandemic response team right? That's like giving a band aid after you chopped someone's arms and ears off.
    He hasn't cut the budget for the CDC. Their funding has gone up every year and he has signed on to those increases. He has made budget cut proposals that have never happened. In addition his administration has asked congress for an additional $2.5 billion in supplemental funding to help with prevention and creation of a vaccine.
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trum...ry?id=69233170

Why would Putin want to work with Trump on oil? You do realize the whole purpose of this is to squash US shale production and stop US from being worlds #1 oil producer.

Quote Originally Posted by Realtalk View Post
    Why would Putin want to work with Trump on oil? You do realize the whole purpose of this is to squash US shale production and stop US from being worlds #1 oil producer.
    of course it is one of the 3 reasons for the war.

they could have worked with the industry, opec and Russia to broker a deal.

Problem is shale production will not disappear.
    they will just go bankrupt and open back up under another company or reorganized once oil pops above 45 again.

Russia and Opec would have to buy them out and close them permantly for it to be long term
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

-There is taking it seriously and there is causing panic when taking things too seriously early on. Hard to find the balance that wont get criticized one way or another.
    -As I pointed out already he didn't.
    -The same test kits that were found to have issues and had a lot of false results early on? Probably for the best.
    -It would be nice if nobody was playing politics in regards to this situation. Lets not pretend it is only him doing it.
    -Some experts have said this is a non-issue others have painted a grimmer picture. There is something to be said for trying to keep people clam.
    -WHO was slow to react as well, and frankly the way things have been handled in those other countries China in particular are not exactly something to mirror.
    -Honestly don't know much about that. I will have to look into it.
    -They are and there should have been a plan for something like this in place long before he or even any of the last several presidents was in office.

He never called the Corona virus a Hoax, why did he gave away his quarter salary to help fight COVID-19 if he thought it was a hoax? Lying makes you look silly, you really need to get your news from other places than reddit Trump hate groups.
    LOL 100K < 100+ MILLION spent on golfing that could have been saved for COVID-19 fight.....

hmmm seems fair he only needs to donate about a century of pay to make up the difference
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

-There is taking it seriously and there is causing panic when taking things too seriously early on. Hard to find the balance that wont get criticized one way or another.
    -As I pointed out already he didn't.
    -The same test kits that were found to have issues and had a lot of false results early on? Probably for the best.
    -It would be nice if nobody was playing politics in regards to this situation. Lets not pretend it is only him doing it.
    -Some experts have said this is a non-issue others have painted a grimmer picture. There is something to be said for trying to keep people clam.
    -WHO was slow to react as well, and frankly the way things have been handled in those other countries China in particular are not exactly something to mirror.
    -Honestly don't know much about that. I will have to look into it.
    -They are and there should have been a plan for something like this in place long before he or even any of the last several presidents was in office.
    - It's his job to be ready for any eventual problems.
    - No the test kids from the WHO works the ones we created had problems.
    - Still doesn't excuse it.
    - The countries quarantining millions weren't a clue?
    - Did you miss the part where I said learn from them that includes their mistakes.
    - Yea IF ONLY A PREVIOUS PRESIDENT HAD PUT A PANDEMIC TEAM IN THE NATIONAL SECURITY TEAM TO TAKE CARE OF THINGS LIKE THAT.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to say, I don't trust Rogan when it comes to his choosing of guests 'experts'

Joe Rogan Experience #1439 - Michael Osterholm

Mar 10, 2020
    PowerfulJRE

Michael Osterholm is an internationally recognized expert in infectious disease epidemiology. He is Regents Professor, McKnight Presidential Endowed Chair in Public Health, the director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy (CIDRAP), Distinguished Teaching Professor in the Division of Environmental Health Sciences, School of Public Health, a professor in the Technological Leadership Institute, College of Science and Engineering, and an adjunct professor in the Medical School, all at the University of Minnesota. Look for his book "Deadliest Enemy: Our War Against Deadly Germs" for more info. https://amzn.to/2IAzeLe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    He was implying a causal relationship between the financial sector and poor performance in handling the corona virus.
    No, actually, he wasn't. And again, you can't even read the source directly.

First of all, the tweet didn't specify "strong financial markets", as you keep trying to state. It said, quite clearly (in the first sentence, which is why I can't believe you haven't been able to read it) "the two countries with a massive over reliance on financial markets..."

He's criticizing the country as a whole for their failure to have a stable relationship with their financial markets. It's likewise a condemnation of the political leadership who have attempted to prop up that relationship even at the expense of public safety in the face of this pandemic.

In contrast, there are other countries who have a more sane view of things who have decided to put people first, including some countries with strong financial markets. There are also other countries that have been hit hard by the coronavirus for reasons entirely unrelated to financial markets.

NOWHERE in the tweet did it imply a causal relationship. Nor did it imply a universal, or even strongly correlative relationship. You're reading WAY too much into this.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils