10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/a...id-in-us-dies/

Man, apparently a dog died from it too? Sad.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post

The article says the dog likely died from his cancer, not COVID.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Medical records provided by the Mahoneys and reviewed for National Geographic by two veterinarians who were not involved in his treatment indicate that Buddy likely had lymphoma, a type of cancer, which would explain the symptoms he suffered just before his death. The Mahoneys didn’t learn that lymphoma was being considered as the probable cause of his symptoms until the day of his death, they say, when additional bloodwork results confirmed it. It’s unclear whether cancer made him more susceptible to contracting the coronavirus, or if the virus made him ill, or if it was just a case of coincidental timing. Buddy’s family, like thousands of families grappling with the effects of the coronavirus around the world, is left with many questions and few answers.
    Dog had it, there's little evidence to suggest that it was the cause of death or that it played a role in his death.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Dog had it, there's little evidence to suggest that it was the cause of death or that it played a role in his death.
    True but if your body's defenses are already compromised something like COVID19 is going to accelerate the clock.

Either way pets being infected is concerning.

10+ Year Old Account
    In fact, from later in the article:
    ...confirmation results indicate it was unlikely that he was still shedding virus—meaning he was probably no longer contagious—by May 20, when he was tested the second time.
    COVID probably exacerbated his lymphoma and hastened the inevitable end, but he had long-since officially "recovered" from COVID before he passed.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

True but if your body's defenses are already compromised something like COVID19 is going to accelerate the clock.

I know Minks farm are also susceptible to it, we've had to clear out a bunch of them in the Netherlands and I think Spain has had it aswell.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account

But pets aren't "becoming infected".* The nature of immune systems, human or animal, is that they can rarely act outside the norm, especially if sufficiently compromised. If the number of pets getting infected is as low as it is, then it's statistically insignificant. And considering that there have been no suggested cases of humans getting it from pets and it hasn't been so far confirmed as a cause of death for any pet, the worry is minimal.

It just like if they find out that 100 people have caught COVID twice. That wouldn't prove that "people can catch COVID twice". It just means that those 100 people had immune systems so wonky/compromised that the antibodies weren't effective as they absolutely would be in any remotely functioning immune system.

* EDIT: ...with the partial exception of minks, who have shown to be somewhat more susceptible than other animals.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2020-07-30 at 06:23 PM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://chicago.cbslocal.com/2020/07...ve-order-amid-

Many Americans are working overtime to spread the virus, and I hate everything. My country is unable to combat a pandemic.

*shrugs*
    Misery loves company. Lot of countries are feeling it

Many Americans are working overtime to spread the virus, and I hate everything. My country is unable to combat a pandemic.
    The only thing I'd change with this statement is that it's not "the country" just the idiots....but our country is apparently absolutely inundated with them, so the distinction doesn't really affect anything. I just hate the implication that the people who aren't idiots get lumped in with them.

https://apnews.com/3acb089e6a333e051dbc4a465cb68ee1

Lovely, apparently Russian intelligence services are exploiting the virus to spread more mis/disinformation.
    They have never stopped and this has been mentioned previously too.
    The fucking morons have chosen to spend money on propaganda instead of buying/producing more PPE for their own doctors.
    Politics are more important, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    yea this is garbage tbh. whats the audience of this compared too fox/trumps twitter etc?
    Yeahhhh, but no. There has been nonstop bullshit coming from Russia such as Europe is not able to fight the virus and how Baltic states economies are gonna die due to Covid. Obviously all is fine in the Motherlandm though
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    By hotspots easing do they mean we're become accustomed to the staggering numbers?

- - - Updated - - -

The fines aren't high enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    It's only one side of the aisle that keeps downplaying this pandemic for some reason though (well the reason why is actually very obvious).
    Maybe in the big political picture, but I've seen and know several people on both sides that simply don't get it.

That said, you're right that it does seem to be more one sided, but that doesn't mean citizens on the other side aren't also down playing it or aren't being idiots about it.

San Antonio Congressman Chip Roy Says the COVID Pandemic Is a Hoax Meant to Hurt the GOP

The Republican party will be the leading cause of death in the United States for the year 2020.

10+ Year Old Account

The fines aren't high enough.
    I find those to be rather high, in Belgium it's 250 per person and 750 euros for the business owner per violation. It is honestly killing business quite a bit.

San Antonio Congressman Chip Roy Says the COVID Pandemic Is a Hoax Meant to Hurt the GOP

The Republican party will be the leading cause of death in the United States for the year 2020.
    One of the "related stories" at the bottom of that article is "San Antonio-Austin Congressman Chip Roy Just Can't Stop Saying Stupid Shit" which is from April, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

Ya umm... just tell him 9 9 9

he'll get the point.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellise View Post
    One of the "related stories" at the bottom of that article is "San Antonio-Austin Congressman Chip Roy Just Can't Stop Saying Stupid Shit" which is from April, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised.
    That one is a fun read too. After quoting him comparing a quarantine order to "Nazi Germany" it went over his record:

Since a skin-of-the-teeth 2018 victory to serve his district, the congressman has singlehandedly held up a disaster relief bill for Texas communities, voted against reauthorizing the Violence Against Women Act and staged a phony-baloney border security roundtable at which far-right propaganda outlet Brietbart News was the only invited "media."

And let's not forget, Roy last month voted against the bipartisan coronavirus relief package. As millions of Americans lost their jobs amid the crisis, he mocked the bill on Twitter as "welfare" that would "do more harm than good."
    Sounds like a good guy.
    /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Herman Cain just died from it....
    I’ll never forget his lasting legacy.

Being the original owner of the campaign bus that Samantha Bee got on discount and uses for her show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.