Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Plus states ratfucking their numbers, especially Florida.
    Apparently some of that wasn't even Florida's fault (for once). One of the testing companies they were using delayed reporting to the state 75,000 test results from weeks and months ago such that they're useless now (link). The patients were notified I guess, but the state which has to make decisions based on how many cases there are was never told.

It's not just the US.
    Until a vaccine gets used, the world is all about management.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    It's not just the US.
    Until a vaccine gets used, the world is all about management.
    Why isn’t it about containment? I don’t think you can generalize the world as giving up on containment...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Plus states ratfucking their numbers, especially Florida.

Been saying for months and I'll keep repeating it, the US isn't fucking capable of battling a pandemic under the current leadership. We're culturally unable to, and our leadership is "ideologically" unable to.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/17...ued-lockdowns/

Want a really bad interpretation of data? Conservative site "The Federalist" is using data showing a spike in calls to suicide hotlines, which isn't surprising during a pandemic with added stress and even less surprising when you add civil unrest and mass protests to it, and even less surprising when you add a terrible government response including minimal aide and support to people out of work during the pandemic, to argue against continued lockdowns.
    Sadly, we haven't had a lock down yet in the US. So not sure what a "continued lockdown" would even look like. Some states got close, but not fully there since everything around them was open. The People here have no idea what a lockdown is. They started protesting on easy mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well i am waiting now for the 1.st report of kids infected in schools. Should pop out soon. (also i have to avoid every kid i see on road going from school now )

There were to many people returning from Croatia (while this zone was infected on beaches) and its just a time when it explodes in school grounds.

Also this song is so fitting right now (you dont understand language tho):

-snip-

just gonna leave this here in case no one else has.

- - - Updated - - -

Want a really bad interpretation of data? Conservative site "The Federalist" is using data showing a spike in calls to suicide hotlines, which isn't surprising during a pandemic with added stress and even less surprising when you add civil unrest and mass protests to it, and even less surprising when you add a terrible government response including minimal aide and support to people out of work during the pandemic, to argue against continued lockdowns.
    i would say suicides and mental health are of a far greater concern than your fear to go outside. i've been working this whole time, thankfully, because as a warehouse and shipping person i was deemed essential so you all could sit on your ass at home and spend money. my government has been serving me just fine. this virus is overblown bullshit. and now people are going to start realizing that.
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-03 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Advert
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i would say suicides and mental health are of a far greater concern than your fear to go outside. i've been working this whole time, thankfully, because as a warehouse and shipping person i was deemed essential so you all could sit on your ass at home and spend money. my government has been serving me just fine. this virus is overblown bullshit. and now people are going to start realizing that.
    Number of deaths by suicides each year in the US around 50K
    Number of deaths by COVID-19 so far in the US 186K
    Number of infections 6 million

www.ohiostandsup.org

- - - Updated - - -

Haven’t had one of you in a while.

You can crawl back to whatever you scurried out of.

The so called Baltic bubble seems to be doomed, Latvia is thinking about having mandatory quarantine if coming from Estonia and Lithuania.
    Oh well, the dream is over, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Well, things may have gotten more difficult to control. Trump had a tweet removed in which he was retweeting false numbers saying only 6% of the 183,000 deaths are really from covid. So now we have our own leader here in the US spreading false information about this.
    Anything to lessen the impact of the USA's failure to contain Covid on his election campaign. I am surprised he is not tweeting again about Twitter censoring him.
    Last edited by Easo; 2020-09-02 at 10:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

New York City battled back the coronavirus. Now it’s struggling to pay for it
    As soon as Monday, about 22,000 municipal workers here could receive pink slips informing them that they will be laid off in October unless New York City can identify other ways to help close its approximately $8 billion revenue gap. The looming cuts may not spare even some front-line first responders, lawmakers and union leaders say, illustrating the magnitude of the budget crisis facing the country’s largest metropolis.

The devastation has left no part of the economy untouched, even hamstringing the sprawling network of bus and train lines that make up the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

The unexpected shortfalls forced New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) and the New York City Council to slash $5 billion from the budget adopted in June for the new fiscal year beginning in July. It included across-the-board cuts to city agencies as well as other more specific — if not controversial — reductions, including trash pickup on public walkways and arts education at public schools. The spending blueprint also specified the need to slash $1 billion in labor costs, a move that the mayor and others warned would result in harmful layoffs unless they could find help from the state or federal government.

-----

And this is why NYC is done with lockdowns.

As soon as Monday, about 22,000 municipal workers here could receive pink slips informing them that they will be laid off in October unless New York City can identify other ways to help close its approximately $8 billion revenue gap. The looming cuts may not spare even some front-line first responders, lawmakers and union leaders say, illustrating the magnitude of the budget crisis facing the country’s largest metropolis.

The devastation has left no part of the economy untouched, even hamstringing the sprawling network of bus and train lines that make up the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

The unexpected shortfalls forced New York Mayor Bill de Blasio (D) and the New York City Council to slash $5 billion from the budget adopted in June for the new fiscal year beginning in July. It included across-the-board cuts to city agencies as well as other more specific — if not controversial — reductions, including trash pickup on public walkways and arts education at public schools. The spending blueprint also specified the need to slash $1 billion in labor costs, a move that the mayor and others warned would result in harmful layoffs unless they could find help from the state or federal government.

-----

No, this is why the federal government should step in to prevent states and large cities from going under during a pandemic. Just like they have been for multi-billion dollar corporations. You're missing huge sections of additional info in what you quoted though.

What's the solution? Send everyone back to work? Open hotels back up and remove all travel limits? Pack the subway shoulder to shoulder again? Cause an explosion of spread that forces an even more serious secondary lockdown?

This is nonsense. Pure and utter nonsense. This is why the federal government should step in to provide assistance to hard-hit cities that are of extremely high importance to the national economy, not why we should become a death cult at the alter of capitalism.

No, this is why the federal government should step in to prevent states and large cities from going under during...
    Focusing on "shoulda...coulda...woulda..." does nothing now.
    If you have a solution that no one thought about...then you're wasting time posting on a forum.

Because those are all past-tense, and you can't change history. I'm talking about the present/future tense, my dude.

If you have a solution that no one thought about...then you're wasting time posting on a forum.
    I don't, because this isn't a remotely new concept nor am I the first one to discuss it. I'm simply here rejecting your nonsense analysis that massive budget shortfalls in NYC are a reason for them to sacrifice their citizens to to the alter of capitalism and joining the death cult. There are better ways of dealing with it that aren't asking New Yorkers to risk their health and lives, including solutions that wouldn't have as many longer term national economic risks like shutting the city down again because there's another massive outbreak.

www.ohiostandsup.org

LOL grifters taking advantage of your for donations to feed their pockets. Shame you are falling for it.

So basically you are upset because you had to work while others did not, check.. got it.

180-225k people (depending on source) who are dead and the hundreds of thousands who are still suffering after effects of COVID sure realize the truth about the virus. Also those hundreds of thousands of people who have COVID hospital bills will be realizing it for decades as they try to pay it off.

Basically you are like me, had to work the entire time and yet i realize i just won the COVID lottery by never catching it while a half dozen of our 10 full time workers caught it and 20 part timers.

- - - Updated - - -

-----

Nah they will be right back into a lockdown once round two opens up in the fall, i hope it doesn't but without a vaccine there is a really good chance.

sad part is they just need help till a vaccine is produced and our trump lead federal govt can't stop being dicks for 10 seconds to provide it. Oh well i guess they will just spend another 25 billion on airlines to keep 1/1000th of the number of workers and services going instead.

The even worse part is this is effecting smaller cities and towns even worse but its ignored by the likes of you for the big media attention cities. for every NYC there is about a half dozen mid west cities and southern cities suffering the same fate or worse (not run by "lurbrals")
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Problem is, this shouldn't be a "shoulda...coulda...woulda..." This is what needs to start happening. This isn't in the past, this is still ongoing. We see lots of other countries doing fine. What did they do differently? They had actual leaders, a national response and the correct state of mind to ensure it succeeded.

We have a solution. The only problem is that the one who can enact it, wont. We have a multitude of examples to go off of. People don't seem to understand how badly our country is doing this. Countries like Italy or most of Eruope are trending downwards. Italy had 34,767 on July 1st, but has only reported 458 new deaths since. Meanwhile, the US has literally stayed near our peak, doing nothing but going up and up in cases and deaths.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon. We are not going to have a vaccine that even half of the citizens are going to trust anytime soon. We need to start taking action. You all think the economy is bad now? Don't make me laugh. This is only the begging of its collapse. As this virus continues on at these levels, more and more people will be forced out of work to quarantine after getting sick. Don't forget, we still have a massive number of evictions to look forward to . Oh no, we have tangible evidence that the economy is literally about to take a crap on itself if we stay this course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post

Anything to lessen the impact of the USA's failure to containt Covid on his election campaign. I am surprised he is not tweeting again about Twitter censoring him.
    Its dumb how so many don't even realize how badly we have handled this. Other countries are returning to normal and are starting to recover their economy while here in the US, the cheeto in charge has ensure we never left wave 1 and are staying near our peak.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

We have a solution. The only problem is that the one who can enact it, wont. We have a multitude of examples to go off of. People don't seem to understand how badly our country is doing this. Countries like Italy or most of Eruope are trending downwards. Italy had 34,767 on July 1st, but has only reported 458 new deaths since. Meanwhile, the US has literally stayed near our peak, doing nothing but going up and up in cases and deaths.
    Actually most countries in Europe have been trending upwards a bit since July (primarily in reported cases; the death numbers seem fairly constant). Slowly and at low numbers (especially considering the increased testing), but clearly upwards.

WHO reports that the weekly number of reported cases in Europe has increased from 134k (at start of July) to 237k. I don't see anything stopping that increase at the moment (some countries are exceptions). But weekly number of reported deaths have stayed at about 3k.

During the same time the US has increased from 350k to 500k and then dropped back to 280k reported weekly cases, and reported deaths stayed around 7k per week. I don't know if the US numbers will continue to decrease, they are now at a plateau, or if they are starting to rise again.

This virus isn't going away anytime soon. We are not going to have a vaccine that even half of the citizens are going to trust anytime soon.
    Even if the vaccine existed, and people trusted it, it would also take time to get vaccine for everyone (some say almost a year).

Its dumb how so many don't even realize how badly we have handled this. Other countries are returning to normal and are starting to recover their economy while here in the US, the cheeto in charge has ensure we never left wave 1 and are staying near our peak.
    The US is clearly not doing great - but most European countries only temporarily returned to normal.

lmao some of you are demented. we're gonna make it folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Haven’t had one of you in a while.

You can crawl back to whatever you scurried out of.
    i can relate. i don't like hearing things i disagree with, either. but i tolerate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post

Yeah, I’ll tell that to my friend who just got out of hospital because of “overblown bullshit”. I’m sure his lungs will be back to full capacity as soon as he hears!
    I'm glad your friend is out of the hospital and i hope they fully recover. I don't disbelieve that the virus is real, i do believe that the media has extremely over hyped the virus. to the point where it has caused a hysteria among people that are easily persuaded. I do wish your friend a speedy recovery.

- - - Updated - - -

i can relate. i don't like hearing things i disagree with, either. but i tolerate.
    The problem is, you are pushing a narrative that will get more people killed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad your friend is out of the hospital and i hope they fully recover. I don't disbelieve that the virus is real, i do believe that the media has extremely over hyped the virus. to the point where it has caused a hysteria among people that are easily persuaded. I do wish your friend a speedy recovery.
    approaching 250k excess deaths is being demented and hysterical huh?

not sure how you don't overhype something on that level in order to prevent it from becoming 1 million excess deaths. If they did overhype it, it most likley is the main reason we don't have a million dead by now in this country.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    The problem is, you are pushing a narrative that will get more people killed.
    i don't believe i am. no more than were going to die in the first place, at least. i believe we've learned enough about this and we've also built our stock of ppe enough to where we can handle this as a responsible society. i wear the stupid mask out in public. but i don't believe getting a whif of your breath is going to get me killed. and i've never been sneezed or coughed on in public. the CDC says it doesn't survive long on most surfaces, right?

we aren't out of the woods but i'll be damned if i don't see the end.

Fauci is optimistically confident, i believe was his term, of a vaccine by the end of the year. after the elections. this has ALWAYS wreaked of politics to me.

i choose to not be afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, they haven’t. All they’ve done is report on the facts. Little things like assholes who don’t wear masks can go fuck themselves.
    well you should ask the maskless folks what they think of your opinion lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    approaching 250k excess deaths is being demented and hysterical huh?

not sure how you don't overhype something on that level in order to prevent it from becoming 1 million excess deaths. If they did overhype it, it most likley is the main reason we don't have a million dead by now in this country.
    guy. a stage 4 lung cancer patient on chemo in the hospital who contracts covid then later dies would be deemed a covid death per the statistics. you know damn well cancer was about to take that person. if you catch a cold as a stage 4 lung cancer patient the risk is just as dire. the numbers are there, but i do not believe for one second they're an accurate portrayal of this virus's actual death toll

i should also add, my opinion is based on my own life and own personal experience with all of this so far. i go to work, i go to 2 different gas stations, 2 liquor stores, work, home, kids school sometimes to pick them up but i'm not out of the car. i lead a pretty segregated lifestyle when it comes to coming in contact with the populace
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2020-09-02 at 10:35 PM.