Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf the Happy Husky View Post
    i don't believe i am. no more than were going to die in the first place, at least. i believe we've learned enough about this and we've also built our stock of ppe enough to where we can handle this as a responsible society. i wear the stupid mask out in public. but i don't believe getting a whif of your breath is going to get me killed. and i've never been sneezed or coughed on in public. the CDC says it doesn't survive long on most surfaces, right?

we aren't out of the woods but i'll be damned if i don't see the end.

Fauci is optimistically confident, i believe was his term, of a vaccine by the end of the year. after the elections. this has ALWAYS wreaked of politics to me.

i choose to not be afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

well you should ask the maskless folks what they think of your opinion lol

- - - Updated - - -

guy. a stage 4 lung cancer patient on chemo in the hospital who contracts covid then later dies would be deemed a covid death per the statistics. you know damn well cancer was about to take that person. if you catch a cold as a stage 4 lung cancer patient the risk is just as dire. the numbers are there, but i do not believe for one second they're an accurate portrayal of this viruses actual death toll
    You can choose to not be afraid and Karma will find a way to bite you in the ass one of these days. Then you will be begging for help then.

There's a difference between fear and caution.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    You can choose to not be afraid and Karma will find a way to bite you in the ass one of these days. Then you will be begging for help then.
    karma is fake my friend. just like jesus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Every time I try they’re too busy being kicked out of the store to give a coherent answer.
    lol, that was good
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

- - - Updated - - -

lol, that was good
    Yeah, tell those pastors and Trump supporters that said that the virus wasn't a big deal or that it wasn't as deadly as was claimed, and then they died. Oh, wait, you can't, cuz they're dead.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, tell those pastors and Trump supporters that said that the virus wasn't a big deal or that it wasn't as deadly as was claimed, and then they died. Oh, wait, you can't, cuz they're dead.
    i accept you disagree with me.

i don't believe i am. no more than were going to die in the first place, at least. i believe we've learned enough about this and we've also built our stock of ppe enough to where we can handle this as a responsible society. i wear the stupid mask out in public. but i don't believe getting a whif of your breath is going to get me killed. and i've never been sneezed or coughed on in public. the CDC says it doesn't survive long on most surfaces, right?

we aren't out of the woods but i'll be damned if i don't see the end.

Fauci is optimistically confident, i believe was his term, of a vaccine by the end of the year. after the elections. this has ALWAYS wreaked of politics to me.

Too busy being "not afraid" to even know that mask are not to protect you, but to protect us from you.

i don't believe i am. no more than were going to die in the first place, at least. i
    What part of excess deaths do you not understand?

a stage 4 lung cancer patient on chemo in the hospital who contracts covid then later dies would be deemed a covid death per the statistics. you know damn well cancer was about to take that person.

a stage 4 cancer patient can also get hit by a car but they won't list the death as cancer.

if you catch a cold as a stage 4 lung cancer patient the risk is just as dire.
    Now you are just making shit up.

the numbers are there, but i do not believe for one second they're an accurate portrayal of this virus's actual death toll
    Right, the actual excess death is much greater than the official death numbers. So you were right, just not on which way the accuracy is wrong

i should also add, my opinion is based on my own life and own personal experience with all of this so far. i go to work, i go to 2 different gas stations, 2 liquor stores, work, home, kids school sometimes to pick them up but i'm not out of the car. i lead a pretty segregated lifestyle when it comes to coming in contact with the populace

So basically you value your opinion over actual facts. Wonderful cool story BroPal, how about learning about science and facts now.

- - - Updated - - -

lol, that was good

Add looking up the word Karma to the things you need to learn. Not all karma involves spiritual believes, the afterworld or even religion. The very basic principle of Karma is cause and effect.

The principle of cause and effect where intent and actions of an individual (cause) influence the future of that individual (effect).

your actions influence your future. Its not fake. Your action of jumping out in front of a bus influences your future....Karma.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

i accept you disagree with me.
    It isn't a disagreement when one side has all the facts, and another side is just feigning ignorance to try to prove a point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, it’s great shopping places that take this seriously.
    I wish mine did. I'm probably gonna lose my job over it. Corporate (mis)directives vs Me keeping my workers safe. Boils down to "Don't ask them about masks, they have money to spend."

I'm getting all the changes from the corporate suits documented and a hardcopy, showing a drastic change over the last 3 months from the "OFFICIAL COMPANY POLICY WE'RE SAFE " PR propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

only time will tell my friends.

look how mad some of you get at differing opinions.

i'm 6 feet tall, hefty, balding, red beard, glasses. if you see someone like me in public, just avoid them. it could be me. i would like to avoid you.
    @Zan15

sometimes i think some of you want the end of the world to happen just to say i told you so
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2020-09-03 at 01:10 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad your friend is out of the hospital and i hope they fully recover. I don't disbelieve that the virus is real, i do believe that the media has extremely over hyped the virus. to the point where it has caused a hysteria among people that are easily persuaded. I do wish your friend a speedy recovery.
    In what way have they "over hyped" the virus?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    keep reading, my opinions are on the previous page.

edit: this page

10+ Year Old Account
    only time will tell my friends.
    Over 180000 dead... what are you waiting for?

look how mad some of you get at differing opinions.
    I don’t think it’s the opinion... I think it’s a difference between “time will tell” and current events.

i'm 6 feet tall, hefty, balding, red beard, glasses. if you see someone like me in public, just avoid them. it could be me. i would like to avoid you.
    I don’t think you have to tell people who are taking covid more serious than you, to avoid you. Seems redundant... you avoiding people out of spite is stranger than doing it out of concern for their health, but the effects are the same... keep at it...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    keep reading, my opinions are on the previous page.

edit: this page
    I've read. I'm not seeing how they over hyped the virus.

ELI5
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Trump floundering an opportunity to nail down the presidency, must be a Democrat scheme. Imagine if Trump didn’t call democrat warnings a hoax or claim it will be gone by Easter? Imagine if he never defunded pandemic response and actually lead the country and the world in pandemic response? But... why do that... when your golf courses and hotels are shut down... Trump corporation is people too...

Imagine no bleach injections... no chloroquine... no thanking China, than blaming China... no blaming Obama... no golfing... no “LIBERATE” tweets... no supporting Florida, until they beat NY in cases... no Tulsa...

But... I guess Kushner’s advice was attacking democrats, was more profitable than helping Americans.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-03 at 01:19 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

you know, i guess what i'm saying is this.

i'm not sick. i've been out in this every day since it started. i go to work. i wear my mask when i have to. i stop by stores to fulfill my needs. i go home. I WASH MY HANDS AND COVER MY FACE WHEN I SNEEZE AND COUGH.

if some of you weren't out trying to "lead a normal life" and could control yourself for a couple months WE would no longer be inconvenienced by this over hyped non sense.

- - - Updated - - -

I've read. I'm not seeing how they over hyped the virus.

ELI5
    the over hyped part comes from inaccurate recordings of death statistics. when a person on their death bed anyways contracts covid then dies. the media chalks that up as a covid death because hospitals have to put that the person had covid at the time of death on their death certificate.

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, i guess what i'm saying is this.

i'm not sick. i've been out in this every day since it started. i go to work. i wear my mask when i have to. i stop by stores to fulfill my needs. i go home. I WASH MY HANDS AND COVER MY FACE WHEN I SNEEZE AND COUGH.

if some of you weren't out trying to "lead a normal life" and could control yourself for a couple months WE would no longer be inconvenienced by this over hyped non sense.
    So you can't explain how they over hyped this? And if it is over hyped why are you wearing a mask and telling people to "control themselves".

Your messaging isn't very good here lol....

- - - Updated - - -

the over hyped part comes from inaccurate recordings of death statistics. when a person on their death bed anyways contracts covid then dies. the media chalks that up as a covid death because hospitals have to put that the person had covid at the time of death on their death certificate.
    If a person had terminal cancer, and was due to die in 24 hours. Died in a car wreck 12 hours before that. Did they die of cancer or a car crash?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you can't explain how they over hyped this? And if it is over hyped why are you wearing a mask and telling people to "control themselves".

No no you misunderstand - he means that the numbers are fake because if you have cancer and get hit by a truck.....your cause of death is the truck. Not the cancer.

Apparently someone doesn't understand how causes of death are documented.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

i'm wearing a mask because it is mandated by my state and i follow laws and mandates. that's what a healthy member of society does. i do not believe it is protecting me or you. make me a pair of undies out of surgical masks. i will fart. bet you smell it.

10+ Year Old Account

This is your justification for over a 180000 dead people? You do know that there are several dead people, who left a social media legacy of over hyped covid? What was Trump’s brother’s cause of death?

Uhm... people with preexisting conditions are no immune to covid. This isn’t opinion... it’s lunacy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    No no you misunderstand - he means that the numbers are fake because if you have cancer and get hit by a truck.....your cause of death is the truck. Not the cancer.

Apparently someone doesn't understand how causes of death are documented.
    lol your analogy :P look at my post above yours.