15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    All around the world we talk about sport clubs and on what way we can make sure how they can survive.
    Its not a Trump thing its a world wide issue, in the EU we talk about the champions league and on what way we can make sure football clubs and other sport clubs will not get destroyed.
    Yeah and those people need a fucking reality check as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I have decided I do not want to see any more news on this pandemic, I am literally just shutting myself away. I suffered my first anxiety attack in a long time...

When my sister is a nurse and you read headlines like 'Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus' by the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52165167) and that a neighbouring hospital from her now has 30 nurses reported suffering with the virus it makes me very uncomfortable... My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    putting your head in the sand isn't going to solve anything or make it go away.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    All around the world we talk about sport clubs and on what way we can make sure how they can survive.
    Its not a Trump thing its a world wide issue, in the EU we talk about the champions league and on what way we can make sure football clubs and other sport clubs will not get destroyed.
    In no world are they going to be "destroyed". The idea is ludicrous.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    because sports is so much more important than peoples lives.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because sports is so much more important than peoples lives.
    Yeah sports only got millions of peoples lives around the world involved…
    Not sure what profession you got but we also dont care about that anymore then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I assume Trump has invested in hydroxychloroquine or the producer is his close friend. The amount of marketing he does for it is crazy.

He went so far as saying he will take the medicine himself just in case to prevent getting corona.

Hopefully he gets a heart attack due to it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah sports only got millions of peoples lives around the world involved…
    Not sure what profession you got but we also dont care about that anymore then.
    Sports is fucking entertainment and when people are dying left and right in a global pandemic ENTERTAINMENT is fucking pointless shit.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Sports is fucking entertainment and when people are dying left and right in a global pandemic ENTERTAINMENT is fucking pointless shit.
    The entertainment part of sports is like 1%.
    If you think sports is only about entertainment then this is a pointless discussion.

I have decided I do not want to see any more news on this pandemic, I am literally just shutting myself away. I suffered my first anxiety attack in a long time...

When my sister is a nurse and you read headlines like 'Nurse deaths 'inevitable' from coronavirus' by the BBC (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-52165167) and that a neighbouring hospital from her now has 30 nurses reported suffering with the virus it makes me very uncomfortable... My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    While I won't go to the extreme of shutting myself away, I need to spend a LOT less time dealing with the news. From what I can tell, at least in the US, things are going to get not just a little worse, but a LOT worse, before they bottom out, and I'm not sure there will be much of a rebound after it's over. If it ever ends.

My goal is to limit myself to reading anything related to the news to one time per day. I'd like to get to one time per every two days, but let me start with my less ambitious goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister is my best friend, and I am super proud of her for doing what she is doing, but I am losing it with worry.
    Yes, medical personnel truly are the super heroes of this time.
    Every day, they hit the front lines, see death, risk their own life for others. I have mad respect for these people.

Unfortunately, yes. Many of our heroes will get infected along with us and some may pay the ultimate price.

As for your anxiety: accept the fact that most of us will get infected at some point. Accept the fact, as I have (member of multiple risk groups), that this may be the end of the line for us. Death is a part of life, being paralyzed by terror won't change that fact. We WILL have to face it eventually.

10+ Year Old Account
    If all the Champions League football players in the world donated ONE (1) monthly salary to vaccine research and production we would have one in a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah and those people need a fucking reality check as well.
    You need a reality check. These people may need that work in order to put dinner on the table.
    To many people, a 99% prospect of unemployment is far scarier than a 1% mortality rate of some virus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    If all the Champions League football players in the world donated ONE (1) monthly salary to vaccine research and production we would have one in a month.
    As a scientist, you should know that throwing more money at the problem does not guarantee results. Even though generous funding is always awesome.

Thats not how vaccines work.

Theres this important stage called "human trials"

Money doesnt speed up time sadly, and you need time to see the potential side effects of new drugs.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    You need a reality check. These people may need that work in order to put dinner on the table.
    To many people, a 99% prospect of unemployment is far scarier than a 1% mortality rate of some virus.
    No, they need a reality check. Because the employment isn't happening anytime soon.

Sports and other public events won't be happening for a long time. That is the reality. They need to find a new job or start a new business.

No, they need a reality check. Because the employment isn't happening anytime soon.

Sports and other public events won't be happening for a long time. That is the reality. They need to find a new job or start a new business.
    Find a new job or start up in a recession

Good joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Find a new job or start up in a recession

Good joke.
    That's the reality. Deal with it.

As I said, reality check.

10+ Year Old Account

Sure.. because a sports trainer has soo many qualifications and it's super easy to just start a new flourishing business or find a new job, esp at a time like this.

No, people that work as freelancers have a right to worry and kudos to any state that helps such people.
    BTW, don't underestimate the importance of entertainment at a time like this. People NEED distractions and breaks from their worries in order to not go bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    If your thought of a career was playing sports professionally in the first place you are a fucking retard and you deserve to go unemployed.
    Yeah who would want to be a multi millionaire getting paid bucket loads of money to kick a ball and sell boots and having woman throw themselves at you. Retards alright.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Thats not how vaccines work.

Theres this important stage called "human trials"

Money doesnt speed up time sadly, and you need time to see the potential side effects of new drugs.
    I know it's not true but it's just to say they're extremely overpaid when medical researches earn around 60% above minimum wage.

Simply false, a vaccine would still need to be tested, and that will take time.

And we already have several vaccine tests ongoing (at least 3 in Phase 1), but still people don't expect it until next year.

I know it's not true but it's just to say they're extremely overpaid when medical researches earn around 60% above minimum wage.
    health industry being designed for profit is a bigger problem than how much footballers get paid. Weird thing to get worked up about.