Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Dreadlord
    Yeah I had much more fun levelling in WoD than legion and BFA, that alone makes WoD better than BFA and even legion. Endgame is crap anyway for any recent expansion.

The zones were very beautiful and so it was nice visiting outland again.

The Lightbringer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    And I'd be posed to disagree. Coming out of 14 months in Siege of Orgrimmar, moving into the exact same aesthetic again for several months more is not visually appealing.
    Fair enough - btw if you're interested, the English word you're looking for is "inclined", not posed. Posed doesn't apply to this situation.

leveling experience was better.

But endgame BFA is better.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The problem with WoD is that it had little content. But the content it did have was miles better than the anti-fun shit in BfA that feels soulless and with the sole purpose of increasing /played time metrics.

Off the top of my head, WoD was better because:

The classes were better in WoD. Both how they felt to play and how deep they were, and how different they were from one another. Now we have standardized trash that feels the same. With the GCD change it's even more annoying and tedious.

WoW was always grindy, but even in WoD somehow the grinds felt much less tedious and they were more rewarding. In BfA they feel pointless, unrewarding and plain awful.

Timegating was already present but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, with timegates within timegates on top of timegates.

RNG wasn't as bad as it is now. RNG is straight up worse than in mobile games now. Hell, with the cancer of 8.3 and the way corrupted gear is wrapped within many layers of RNG (right tier, right effect, right slot etc...), we could say the RNG now is worse than ever.

Even the zones and exploration had more to it. They were already pretty much soulless quest hubs back then, but now they're literally just empty worlds with good art (yeah yeah good job art team).

The story was already a clusterfuck so I guess they're equally shitty in this department. But I do remember enjoying it more back then, but that's probably just me being jaded by now.

And the so-called "content" that BfA has is shit. Island expeditions, warfronts etc... are just shit, pure shit, it's not even subjective, they're not fun or worth doing. It feels like they learned from WoD that they need to add content, but this company is so incompetent it doesn't actually know what good content is.
    Wod was better. The delivery of the story was exceptional. Exploring the world killing rares, exploring and being rewarded, I loved my base. Loved (at the time) mission boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Which has nothing to do with WoD being good. It was just such a shit expansion that you were so bored out of your minds to go out of your way to 'create' your own content.
    bored?! no no no! WoD encouraged us at every turn! the on-use items everywhere that had janky use in PvP, the workshop abilities, the PvP rewards and systems, the way abilities worked back then. WoD was paradise for the creative World PvPer, and never stopped rewarding us for our gameplay. I was more excited about logging into WoD everyday than I was any other expac since Vanilla.
    Last edited by raz98; 2020-02-16 at 04:28 AM.

wod had ranged survival. sooooooo
    www.twitch.tv/aurakol

I do not stream seriously or regularly

Quote Originally Posted by Kurve1776 View Post
    wod had ranged survival. sooooooo
    legion survival was better than ranged or bfa survival.

melee hunter was always a good idea, i just wish it'd have been beastmaster instead.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post

melee hunter was always a good idea, i just wish it'd have been beastmaster instead.
    I disagree. Ranged survival was my favorite spec, by far actually. My hunter got abandoned in Legion, after being my main from TBC. I don't enjoy it at all anymore.

I do agree that BM should have been the melee spec.

But I also disagree that we needed to changed a ranged spec into a melee spec when there are already loads of melee specs. Every new class that has been added's dps spec has been melee. We didn't need it.

I could go on and on but I don't want to de-rail the thread so I'll leave it at that
    www.twitch.tv/aurakol

I do not stream seriously or regularly

WoD and the garrison, orcs, time travel nonsense just to see how awessooome a bunch of idiotic orc leaders and there claaaans can be.
    I'm not sure how anything in WoW can beat that in terms of bad. Impossible except WoD 2
    Vynd | Zorn | Pheraz | Qil | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle | Farodin - My personal Kaldorei army <3

Quote Originally Posted by ano2024 View Post
    The problem with WoD is that it had little content. But the content it did have was miles better than the anti-fun shit in BfA that feels soulless and with the sole purpose of increasing /played time metrics.

Off the top of my head, WoD was better because:

The classes were better in WoD. Both how they felt to play and how deep they were, and how different they were from one another. Now we have standardized trash that feels the same. With the GCD change it's even more annoying and tedious.

WoW was always grindy, but even in WoD somehow the grinds felt much less tedious and they were more rewarding. In BfA they feel pointless, unrewarding and plain awful.

Timegating was already present but it wasn't nearly as bad as it is now, with timegates within timegates on top of timegates.

RNG wasn't as bad as it is now. RNG is straight up worse than in mobile games now. Hell, with the cancer of 8.3 and the way corrupted gear is wrapped within many layers of RNG (right tier, right effect, right slot etc...), we could say the RNG now is worse than ever.

Even the zones and exploration had more to it. They were already pretty much soulless quest hubs back then, but now they're literally just empty worlds with good art (yeah yeah good job art team).

The story was already a clusterfuck so I guess they're equally shitty in this department. But I do remember enjoying it more back then, but that's probably just me being jaded by now.

And the so-called "content" that BfA has is shit. Island expeditions, warfronts etc... are just shit, pure shit, it's not even subjective, they're not fun or worth doing. It feels like they learned from WoD that they need to add content, but this company is so incompetent it doesn't actually know what good content is.
    Why are you making a thread about this if you are just going to criticize people that like the game?

We get it, you didn't enjoy it. People still enjoy the game that is all.

Completely crazy post:

I know for the playerbase Legion was better than WoD. It is a better expansion. But Legion more than any other expansion was the one that pushed me towards long term unsubbing.

In Cata, MoP, and WoD, I played multiple characters. I switched mains constantly (I went Prot War Disc Blood dk Resto Druid back to Blood then Guardian).

In Legion I played Guardian endlessly. It took a while to get good legendaries. After resisting for a while I finally broke down and did lots of bs LFR and the daily quest thing for a couple weeks, and when I finally got them I was so burned out I just unsubbed. That content was my worst experience in wow. I was massively overgeared, thinking “why am I wasting my life doing this?” as I motored through world content i outgeared by 50-100 item levels. I came back for Antorus but I didn’t want to switch my main and go through the grind again, so I just played Guardian for a couple weeks, killed what’s his name on heroic and unsubbed again.

When BFA came out I had only one viable toon, everything else was still stuck in WoD except my priest (who I leveled but never geared).

I played my Guardian for a bit but he sucked, and I was just not ready to sign up for another grind (at the time Azerite looked like an unholy combination of the rng of legiondaries + the grind of artifact power, NO THANK YOU), so I bailed.

Random side note, anyone else notice how clunky leveling is if you miss an expansion? You jump from the last leveling zone in expansion A to the first in B and you’re suddenly MASSIVELY undergeared. Lol.
    Last edited by Scrod; 2020-02-16 at 04:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

WoD was more alt friendly than BfA. Both are shit expansions and that's all I have to say.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Such a good idea that next to no one plays it...

What's worse : garrison or world quests?

Looks like they keep adding horrible features.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    nobody plays it now because people whined over it in legion, and they made it some half-assed range/melee hybrid in response.

if y'all would have kept shut about it, it wouldn't be in the terrible state it is.

nobody plays it now because people whined over it in legion, and they made it some half-assed range/melee hybrid in response.

if y'all would have kept shut about it, it wouldn't be in the terrible state it is.
    Terrible excuse. It actually has more people playing it now than it did in Legion. The Legion version was an unmitigated dumpster fire and people had every right to complain about it. The current version is still a dumpster fire, but at least one with an approachable and versatile playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by EyeOculus View Post
    BFA has the same AP grind as Legion, only that BFA reduces the amount of AP gained instead of multiplying your gain.
    And Azerite gear is per specc as well. Not much changed from Legion.

Tier Sets > Azerite gear in every shape and form. I get my T-Set and be done with it. With Azerite gear I have to farm specific pieces to get the traits I want.
    Also, T-Sets gave you additional bonuses on top of you getting max level talents. Azerite traits are literally your missing talents you didn't get for being 120.
    I always hated tier sets without reforging and you had always the risk that the next set for your class could suck hard compared to others.
    Azerite Gear is a step in the right direction. They are not perfect but i can atleast chose different traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyagie View Post
    I always hated tier sets without reforging and you had always the risk that the next set for your class could suck hard compared to others.
    Azerite Gear is a step in the right direction. They are not perfect but i can atleast chose different traits.
    T sets had a few exceptions that weren't great.

Azerite gear is a new take in this, but misses the point.
    There will be always that one trait that is numerous times better than another. Raids kind of fixed it because Azerite gear that drops in raids have the "best" traits, according to blizzard.
    M+ however you have a chance getting an Azerite piece being garbage, even if it's 30ilvl above, simply because of the traits.

Yeah, I still prefer designated sets for my class rather than the current Azeroth trait nonsense.
    Sets are simpler for the common players, not the Azerite bullshit that can make you weaker because of bad traits regardless it being a superior item level.

WoDs issue was lack of content + the garrison. The garrison sucked.

Apart from the garrison and lack of endgame content, the rest was fantastic. The zones were alive, exciting, the questing engaging. The dungeons were OK, half were so-so, but there were some real gems mixed in. WoD really shined in two areas: 1) the raids. There weren't many, but what we got were great, and 2) the class design, which was WAY better than it is in BfA.

But yeah garrisons and table (esp. shipyard) missions can piss off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's not as simple as nobody playing it for the sole fact it's melee, though that doesn't help. The spec itself is just... not as fun.

played wod for a couple months, quit bfa after like 2 months, tried bfa when resubbed to classic and game is still trash. In WoD leveling zones were actually good and making a viable alt didn't require grinding some dogshit azurite. WoD just didn't have content, but the content it had was good. Even garrisons were fun at first. BFA was never fun to begin with.