Page 19 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Classic has a lot of content.

You have to go make it.

This is not retail. You are not handed stuff.

Join the ironman/hardcore challenge community thate growing each day. We are starting up community events.
    yea let me just create raids with actual mechanics out of thin air so I can experience all the glorious content classic have

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    Not only that, to me it seems that big parts of the community tried to mislead the uninformed such as myself to believe that it was indeed harder than anything that came after.

On some bosses I never even move. I stand in the same spot spamming a single button. If that's not the definition of trivial I don't know what is.
    The hardest part of the first 2.5 raids was finding 40 people to fill a spot. Then after that the hard part was that you could do everything perfect and still have the tank die because a parry swing reset combo with an ability. All the people who quote that you need xxx consumables to clear stuff have no clue what they are talking about.

- - - Updated - - -

You have to go make it.

Join the ironman/hardcore challenge community thate growing each day. We are starting up community events.
    So what you are saying is there is no actual content so you have to make it up......that alone is why classic is worse than retail.....where there is real stuff to do.

You have to go make it.

I like how you said this isn't retail where you are handed stuff and that you have to make your content and then reference something retail players have been doing for years (Iron man)
    Like do you guys read what you type or think about what you are typing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    yea let me just create raids with actual mechanics out of thin air so I can experience all the glorious content classic have
    You say it like it's impossible
    I have created 4 raids and 10 dungeons and put them all into the game, each 10x more difficult than ez mode Nya'lotha
    #classic4lyfe
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Back then was hard because people didn't know how to play. Also this days the players are more serious when they play and focus more.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Back then was hard because people didn't know how to play. Also this days the players are more serious when they play and focus more.
    Classic was designed specifically to appeal to a much more casual playerbase. This was the "advantage" it had over the competition. As such, they got exactly what they aimed for - casual players with little to no mmo experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Yes it's far easier because classic is vanilla after the sequence of nerf patches and retunes had been made leading up to the final state.
    Even still most of the content was available while warriors were op damage, fire mages were a solid class, etc. The nerf "patches" were mainly fixes to make bosses killable. See C'Thun and Ouro, they were not killed by anyone at all because it was theoretically impossible to do enough damage and healing to survive the fight for C'thun and for Ouro he would bug and never come back from burrow. For these reason no one killed them, but once both were made killable they were killed in 4 hours of the patch and the only difficult part was the entrance to the room which took 3 pulls to figure out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Merie View Post
    Fun Fact: Back when WoW was released, back in the age of FF11 and Everquest, it was considered "The casual MMO".
    didnt you lose items if you got killed in pvp in everquest? imagine that in WoW....my God...
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    almost like the game is 15 years old and everything is known about it leaving little to be a challenge. completely fucking mind blowing right?

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Again, those are the people clearing it in 30-45 mins, maybe up to 1 hour. But people with zero experience, zero knowledge walked in on day 1 and full cleared in a few hours, without stacking buffs and chugging consumables. Others have shown the numbers - even if we say the top 100 guilds who take this very seriously smashed it out very quickly - even if we remove that extreme - it was still cleared by something like 1200 guilds on day one in a few hours - and those are just the ones who logged their kill.
    And all those guilds had prior knowledge of how exactly everything would play out, they saw streaming of top guilds doing that on the moment and had no problem replicating.

Comparing this with 15 years ago when people didn't even knew you needed a cloak to no be pwned in the first place is completely ridiculous.

And in all honesty, in my realm horde side only 4 guilds did it so far, so I guess some people are having a hard time still, maybe we should get off the high horse and realize that? WoW Classic has much more than 1200 raiding guilds...

- - - Updated - - -

And make the game even easier??? No thanks, it's already way too easy without them.
    Maybe you should look for something more challenging than classic wow then? I heard people have weird kinks with retail world's first maybe is something for you then?
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2020-02-16 at 10:13 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Quote Originally Posted by apples View Post
    mythic is just as easy. mythic is easily 10 mannable as guilds carry 10, 15 even 20 people at a time for 1 week mythic nzoth kills.
    they cary 20 people at a time in mythic? which is for 20 people?
    you dont even have a goddamn clue how many people can go to mythic and you want people to believe when you say it is easy? kinda doubt it...
    btw as some bosses have pretty tight dps check, i doubt it would be possible to carry more than 2-3 people, and even that if boosters are incredibly overgeared...

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic PVE is ridicolously easy and mindnumbing. BC will be a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lol, actually comparing Method and Limit to a classic raider DDD

New levels, everyday.
    Not sure if stupid or troll... These guilds that cleared BWL in less than an hour are pretty much playing 24/7, I doubt that even the Method guys play as much as these do.

Also they beat Method by a huge margin during the release of wow classic

The real stuff.

Is stuff you do yourself.

Or are you that incompetant that you require to be handhelded the entire eay.

- - - Updated - - -

Method didnt really care. They did it for fun.

If they were actually serious they would of won easily.

The method guys used their f roster for it.

The world first classic group is in no way comparable to the world first bfa who had over 100,000 people watching.

I dont think classic had more than 10,000

Most people do not care about a grouo beating bosses that were alreasy killed 16 years ago

Not saying it is not fun to watch. But the difference is pretty big.

- - - Updated - - -

If you came to classic for the raids or pvp.

You came to classic for the wrong reason snd belong in retail.

Retail is the end game one

Classic is about your journy to 60. The end game is secondary.

You rushing the most important content is the reason you feel like that.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Not sure if stupid or troll... These guilds that cleared BWL in less than an hour are pretty much playing 24/7, I doubt that even the Method guys play as much as these do.

The actual Method raid team that go's for WF in retail was not going for WF in Classic. If Method or Limit cared about that shit they would demolish the private server champions because they have something they don't: actual real world resources.

They don't because it's a joke, who cares if they clear BWL in 35 mins instead of 42? There is nothing to accomplish for them in classic, it would be a waste of their time, skill and resources.

[QUOTE=EugenikYou dont need a cloak for vael.[/QUOTE]

Ah my bad. But still, you'd need it for one of the bosses in there. And then you had to be attuned to Onyxia to get the cloak. So yea, it wasn't "hard" it just took a lot of time.

The real stuff.

Is stuff you do yourself.

Or are you that incompetant that you require to be handhelded the entire eay.

- - - Updated - - -

Method didnt really care. They did it for fun.

If they were actually serious they would of won easily.

The method guys used their f roster for it.

The world first classic group is in no way comparable to the world first bfa who had over 100,000 people watching.

I dont think classic had more than 10,000

Most people do not care about a grouo beating bosses that were alreasy killed 16 years ago

Not saying it is not fun to watch. But the difference is pretty big.

- - - Updated - - -

If you came to classic for the raids or pvp.

You came to classic for the wrong reason snd belong in retail.

Retail is the end game one

Classic is about your journy to 60. The end game is secondary.

You rushing the most important content is the reason you feel like that.
    Whoa, what a rollercoaster of a post. 8/8 - would read again.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    Maybe you should look for something more challenging than classic wow then? I heard people have weird kinks with retail world's first maybe is something for you then?
    I'd love to but Classic was sold to me as this hardcore really difficult experience, I've invested a lot of time into the game and I'm not about to throw all that away regardless of the lies about its difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

Spending time does not equal skill. Walking to the store takes more time than driving there, I wouldn't say that it's harder just because of it, you don't even need a license to walk.

Until those guilds prove that they can clear mythic raids while they're current content I'll assume that they can't.

I'd love to but Classic was sold to me as this hardcore really difficult experience, I've invested a lot of time into the game and I'm not about to throw all that away regardless of the lies about its difficulty.

- - - Updated - - -

Spending time does not equal skill. Walking to the store takes more time than driving there, I wouldn't say that it's harder just because of it, you don't even need a license to walk.

Until those guilds prove that they can clear mythic raids while they're current content I'll assume that they can't.
    Are you an officer/Guild Master? Do you have to manage the guild politics and semantics of running a guild? Are you in the Loot Council? CLASSIC is by no means difficult in terms of raiding SKILL required, but the management side is 10x harder. It is a monumental task to keep 40+ raiders satisfied when the raid of 8 bosses drops 18 pieces of loot total.

If you are just a grunt, that's totally fine. Be glad your team of officers are doing a good job of keeping the team together though, and thank them, on a weekly basis for the unseen effort that goes to running a guild. They deal with stuff that the membership doesn't even dream of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Are you an officer/Guild Master? Do you have to manage the guild politics and semantics of running a guild? Are you in the Loot Council?
    Yes, yes and no (we don't use loot council).
    I wouldn't call any of that work especially difficult but it requires that you put in a lot of time. It doesn't make the game hard.

Working at McDonalds is easy. If I'm the manager of a McDonalds I probably have to do a lot of shit that the workers won't have to, it still doesn't make working at McDonalds difficult.

15+ Year Old Account
    Working at McDonalds is easy. If I'm the manager of a McDonalds I probably have to do a lot of shit that the workers won't have to, it still doesn't make working at McDonalds difficult.
    This is probably the dumbest thing I've read this morning.

What a false analogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.