Page 37 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    about 2 hours. Thankfully, you dont need to believe me for it to be true. PHEW!
    Ahhaahah BWL in 2 hours! Pahahahha this is hilarious.
    With Pugs! Alt week! And no communication!

Roflmao!

edit:
    3 hours i would believe you. It can be done with a "chill" attitute AND if you never wipe
    2 hours? in a "chill" group of alts/pugs and no communication? Maybe wipe 1 time? Distribute loot later? No way. I dont believe.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-12 at 10:07 PM.

about 2 hours. Thankfully, you dont need to believe me for it to be true. PHEW!
    Pretty sure you're lying. I don't think pugs can do the current mythic raid that quickly and BWL is harder than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Ahhaahah BWL in 2 hours! Pahahahha this is hilarious.
    With Pugs! Alt week! And no communication!

Roflmao!
    I plugged BWL last week in 114 minutes, not including everyone getting to raid. That took 45 minutes for some reason. No voice, It was easy. We had 6 hunters, we were in groups of two and all that happened was raid warnings where 2 of use tranqed. Honestly, if that's too hard for you then you don't belong in Classic. Don't come to retail though. That's a higher dimension of difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I plugged BWL last week in 114 minutes, not including everyone getting to raid. That took 45 minutes for some reason. No voice, It was easy. We had 6 hunters, we were in groups of two and all that happened was raid warnings where 2 of use tranqed. Honestly, if that's too hard for you then you don't belong in Classic. Don't come to retail though. That's a higher dimension of difficulty.
    Full Pug? or majority were Guild members?
    Absolutely zero communication?

I absolutely believe a normal guild group takes that time. But is incredibly "try hard" and "gogogogogo fast" no pauses.
    Not even distributing loot.
    The raid leader needs to loot all the epics and distribute mid-end raid.

It needs to be really fast...and absolutely everyone needs to know what they are doing.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-12 at 10:14 PM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outofmana View Post
    Classic is just about parsing / speedrunning. But, with the introduction of Batching, which ruins the entire classic gameplay, it has made parsing moot, since it's 100% RNG now with batching, as quick reflexes etc aren't rewarded whatsoever. It's a shame the private server experience was a better one in the end.

Let's hope for fresh classic servers in a year or two, without batching, then everyone else who is too blind to notice the lack of responsiveness can enjoy fluid gameplay.

For "high end" classic just compare it with like Goldeneye 007 on the N64, which is a pisseasy game but is also speedran, that's where the competition is.
    What is Batching? O_o
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    What is Batching? O_o
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=290910/...in-classic-wow

hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    Pretty sure you're lying. I don't think pugs can do the current mythic raid that quickly and BWL is harder than that.
    weak troll bait is weak :P

Full Pug? or majority were Guild members?
    Absolutely zero communication?

I absolutely believe a normal guild group takes that time. But is incredibly "try hard" and "gogogogogo fast" no pauses.
    Not even distributing loot.
    The raid leader needs to loot all the epics and distribute mid-end raid.

It needs to be really fast...and absolutely everyone needs to know what they are doing.
    I see classic too hard for you. You can't even comprehend English. We had no voice at all. But there was communication in the form of RW macros. As my post said. Loot was just link roll and collect. As all pugs are. As all my pugs are. I don't know who you pug with but loot isn't that hard. You can do it during trash. Holding it till the end is stupid because that's still part of the run. If I cleared in 114 min and then did loot after that would make me a liar.

I'll break it down for you.
    114 min clear from first pull.
    Loot given when it dropped
    No voice
    Communication almost exclusively through RW
    This was a pug.
    why so mad bro

What you want me to tell you?

Everything is as expected.

Servers are quiet at off-hours and impossible to pug
    Server is alive at rush hour and you can pug anything you want
    That image is what happens when Guilds raid and a buff is about to pop.

Everything is normal...
    So you're using a screenshot from a specific time in which you admit everyone is there not just idling or doing AH/bank/crafting stuff, but actually waiting for a buff (or, in other words, they're not out in the world playing, they're there with a purpose) to make a claim that the server is "so populated", as if to imply that if you walk into Orgrimmar that is how many players you'd see normally... and you don't think that's at least a little bit dishonest?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    weak troll bait is weak :P
    I'm glad the police are here to tell us which bait was weak and which wasn't. I mean whatever kids call trolling these days. In my day when we didn't agree with someone we engaged in conversation. We didn't try to derail a thread in a tantrum because the bad man is wrong.
    why so mad bro

And?

January 1st it more than doubled BfA subs. This is a fact supported by Blizzard.

This means at some point in time it tripled or quadrupled? (august)

Again...i ask you if im wrong...because this is just how i read it.
    How can Classic numbers be low (and be a small franchise) when it more than doubled BfA subs in January...and at some point in time tripled them (if Super Data is correct)

Are you telling me BfA had 100k subs like @Poopsnacker is suggesting ?
    You're given evidence that WoW Classic lost more than half its original influx of players, according to a report posted on February 21st... but you're still touting a report from January 1st as being proof that "Classic has massive amounts of players"?

- - - Updated - - -

You are suggesting from January 1st to March 10 it lost more than 80% of its entire playerbase.
    Doesnt seem realistic at all.
    Considering WoW Classic did lose 64% of their initial influx of players back in February... that is quite a realistic number, yes.

I see classic too hard for you. You can't even comprehend English. We had no voice at all. But there was communication in the form of RW macros. As my post said. Loot was just link roll and collect. As all pugs are. As all my pugs are. I don't know who you pug with but loot isn't that hard. You can do it during trash. Holding it till the end is stupid because that's still part of the run. If I cleared in 114 min and then did loot after that would make me a liar.

I'll break it down for you.
    114 min clear from first pull.
    Loot given when it dropped
    No voice
    Communication almost exclusively through RW
    This was a pug.
    Pretty similar experience to me, we just /roll for loot along the way and i am yet to encounter any "drama" over loot, and it only slows ME down, not the rest of the raid. We use RW as well, although we did have 3 of us on Disc, but only really for social chit chat. I did know 5 or 6 of the guys with us, from a guild we occasionally help out if they are short, but i dont know them individually by name, just their guild, have never spoken to them in disc or anything like that.

We lost 3 or maybe 4 players about 3/4 of the way through (roughly, not all at once but around that), but didnt bother replacing them - the time to replace them would have been greater than how much being a bit short slowed us down.

We did wipe once, but only because like 15 ppl all DC at once - some node had a heart attack or something. They all came back pretty quick so no drama.

I know all players are different, and i have said countless time i fully appreciate some are finding the going tough - just like some heroic dungeon groups fall apart because the player has no fucking clue how to play their class - thats fine man, its their journey, hopefully they improve. But i just cant get my head around this being unusual - we are FAR from the only people running these pugs on various servers and clearing in 1-2 hours.

Bragging about clearing BWL in 2 hours with a pug is like bragging about being able to tie your shoe laces.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're given evidence that WoW Classic lost more than half its original influx of players, according to a report posted on February 21st... but you're still touting a report from January 1st as being proof that "Classic has massive amounts of players"?

- - - Updated - - -

Considering WoW Classic did lose 64% of their initial influx of players back in February... that is quite a realistic number, yes.
    The funny thing is the numbers line up perfectly with what a bunch of users suggested - huge influx of players, with a reduction of around 80% within the first 3-6 months, settling with a dedicated core of around 200k players, fluctuating based on content release etc. Maintaining around 10% of retails player base is a huge success, and amusingly something wows main competitors have struggled to do over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Learn to read
    The report was post in february but it's for January data.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/bl...l-games-market

AND it reads:
    "Subscriber numbers grew 17% from December to January (not including China). However, they were still down substantially (64%) from August 2019, the month World of Warcraft Classic was released."
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-13 at 12:07 AM.

I'm glad the police are here to tell us which bait was weak and which wasn't. I mean whatever kids call trolling these days. In my day when we didn't agree with someone we engaged in conversation. We didn't try to derail a thread in a tantrum because the bad man is wrong.
    how is saying bwl is harder than mythic in bfa NOT trolling?this isnt an issue about agree or disagree,its as silly as saying shit tastes better than caviar

I laugh at the idea of a LFR group dispelling 40 people fast and constantly.
    But if thats your opinion...ok.
    To be fair, in BFA cleansing has a cooldown. In Classic, it just costs mana and a global.
    I can't wait to see the forums screaming because people don't cleanse in AQ40/Naxx, despite cleansing being so much easier in that version of the game.
    /s
    Imagine if BFA had Cleansing Totem. Easy mode

The funny thing is the numbers line up perfectly with what a bunch of users suggested - huge influx of players, with a reduction of around 80% within the first 3-6 months, settling with a dedicated core of around 200k players, fluctuating based on content release etc. Maintaining around 10% of retails player base is a huge success, and amusingly something wows main competitors have struggled to do over the years.
    Its also funny, for a blizzard fan like yourself, to ignore what Blizzard said.
    The super data info is worth crap if it doesnt line up with what Blizzard said happened in january 1st.

Last edited by Big Thanks; 2020-03-13 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    how is saying bwl is harder than mythic in bfa NOT trolling?this isnt an issue about agree or disagree,its as silly as saying shit tastes better than caviar
    You need to appreciate that a small number of classic players genuinely believe this stuff - its in almost every thread. Sure, some MIGHT be trolling, but some 15k+ post users genuinely argue that much of classics content is on par or ABOVE mythic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Excuse me? 1 month to clear Heroic? what? when I still played retail in Legion, people were selling Ahead of the Curve boosts on week 2. A guild must be REALLY shit if they need a month of progress to clear current HEROIC. Remember, current heroic is old-school Normal. Normal mode was ALWAYS cleared week-1 by any serious guild. When SOO was released in MOP, Mythic difficulty was released about 2 months later. SOO Heroic before the patch and SOO Mythic after the patch were IDENTICAL. Heroic became Mythic, Normal became Heroic, Flex became Normal, LFR stayed where it was.

You are telling me that in current retail, an average normal guild needs 1 month to progress through NORMAL MODE RAIDS? My god, how people have turned bad =/
    Gotta correct you on one bit. SoO came out on September 10, 2013. Mythic raids and the changes you mentioned didn't come until patch 6.0, which was October 14, 2014. 13 months is quite a bit longer than 2 months.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

yes, classic is incredibly easy, just play it for fun and to see the old content or don't. im choosing to see the content but putting in very little time/effort and will continue this until tbc where i plan to put in more time because tbc is much better imo.

Learn to read
    This line alone is beyond ironic (and hilarious) considering the rest of your post.

The report was post in february but it's for January data.

https://www.superdataresearch.com/bl...l-games-market

AND it reads:
    "Subscriber numbers grew 17% from December to January (not including China). However, they were still down substantially (64%) from August 2019, the month World of Warcraft Classic was released."
    I'll repost what you wrote, but bold the really important part: