Page 61 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    The bar is set so incredibly low that there would have to be something wrong with you to find any challenge in it.
    Only about 7% of guilds cleared Naxx in the first week.

chill with the elitism

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Only about 7% of guilds cleared Naxx in the first week.

chill with the elitism
    Resistance gating isn't difficulty. It's waiting in line. Not a single fight in Classic is difficult, the bosses have like two mechanics if you're lucky and for the most part it's just one. The classes are just the same, if you have two buttons in your rotation you're one of the lucky ones.

If everyone can handle the mechanics correctly and you still wipe then it's not a difficult fight, it's a gated one. It's like The Butcher in Highmaul back in WOD. Laughably easy boss but tuned in a way that you may have to wait and come back with some better gear. It doesn't make it a hard fight.

Hell no, it's like day and night. The private server community is filled with racists bordering on nazis, homophobia is a very commun occurance. The retail community at its worst are still "only" about harsh language, no evil world views. Unless you're a white male right wing trump supporter you're gonna have a bad time in Classic, not all the time obviously and not on every server but the chances of running in to those people are so much higher than in any other game really.

Retail WoW would probably disagree with you there. Mythic raiding is incredibly difficult and attempted by more players around the world than classic raiding, I say attempted because it's so god damn difficult that only a fraction of the playerbase even have the skill to clear it.

If you want PvP there are a lot better genres or even MMORPGs, WoW has always been a joke when it comes to PvP. If you want extremely challenging coordinated group based PvE content retail is definitely in the top tier if not the best there is.

The fact that the PvE scene is so huge in WoW and the PvP scene is not says a lot. You'll have a hard time finding PvP focused content creators for WoW but for PvE everywhere, that's because a lot more people care about PvE than PvP.

If you're talking about Classic WoW on the other hand. Yeah nobody in their right mind does PvE in that game for skill cap. The bar is set so incredibly low that there would have to be something wrong with you to find any challenge in it. Although those right wing nut jobs I spoke about earlier could possibly find it challenging, something tells me they're the bottom of the barrel when it comes to IQ.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I see what it is so I'll just fire back with some good ol fashioned truth
    Dude i can see ur reasoning for starting this thread now, and i think ur pretty biased. (U cant see it yourself)
    PvE in Retail at Mythic level isn't hard at all, imagine knowing the strategies and tactics for 15 years like Classic, You would not even wipe one time completing it.

And PvP has a lot higher skill-cap dude, i can't find one argument against that, and u can try to come up with one if you can.

If your playing against real players its ALWAYS, ALWAYS harder than playing against a NPC with all tactics known, THAT is a FACT.

And PvP player base is actually so small now because blizzard have made bad changes since WoTLK PvP wise, look at wrath how many players did PvP.

Blizzard have done templates, made every class easy to play (still now they are so dumped down).
    Now in Shadowlands when blizzard finally released actual PvP vendors, they made the change to 550 conquest first week, that makes a lot of PvPers leave once again..
    So the reason PvE is dominant now is because WoW is lead by Ion, and not Jeff Kaplan like in Wotlk.

If u look at WoW subscribers numbers u can see how low they are compared to WotLK thats because all PvPers have left because of the game direction since then. When wow had 12 million subscribers the majority of them was PvPers

Sorry to let you down buddy, thats the truth..
    Last edited by Lanzo97; 2020-12-13 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanzo97 View Post
    PvE in Retail at Mythic level isn't hard at all, imagine knowing the strategies and tactics for 15 years like Classic, You would not even wipe one time completing it.
    lol. Stay on your burner account, it's good you dont post that garbage on your main so people see you somehow have an opinion of mythic raiding while obviously never having stepped foot in a modern mythic raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
    lol. Stay on your burner account, it's good you dont post that garbage on your main so people see you somehow have an opinion of mythic raiding while obviously never having stepped foot in a modern mythic raid.
    Watch Kungen on twitch, he was top 100 mythic raiders and he also says that mythic ain't that much harder than classic raiding at all..
    But no one plays PvE for difficullity anyway.

Dude ur playing against a fucking NPC... Seriosly, do u think its harder than playing against people with an actual Brain?

You are actually saying u arent smarter than a boss somebody programmed in some hours

Watch Kungen on twitch, he was top 100 mythic raiders and he also says that mythic ain't that much harder than classic raiding at all..

Dude ur playing against a fucking NPC... Seriosly, do u think its harder than playing against people with an actual Brain?

You are actually saying u arent smarter than a boss somebody programmed in some hours
    Mythic raids and title gladiator pvp are both difficult, but you are comparing them to wotlk raids and classic. I don't think you see the point you're making, and how silly it is.

Watch Kungen on twitch, he was top 100 mythic raiders and he also says that mythic ain't that much harder than classic raiding at all..)
    LOL Kungen hasn't been relevant for over 10 years. He tried to make a comeback in WOD but failed spectacularly because raiding had gotten way too difficult, after that all he has done is talk about how much harder Classic is and now that anyone can experience the content and realize that he has been lying this whole time he doesn't have much to say on the subject.

People who claim that Classic is hard are either delusional, lying, ignorant or all of the above. Put them against a Jaina or a N'zoth mythic and they'd have a heart attack.

LOL Kungen hasn't been relevant for over 10 years. He tried to make a comeback in WOD but failed spectacularly because raiding had gotten way too difficult, after that all he has done is talk about how much harder Classic is and now that anyone can experience the content and realize that he has been lying this whole time he doesn't have much to say on the subject.

People who claim that Classic is hard are either delusional, lying, ignorant or all of the above. Put them against a Jaina or a N'zoth mythic and they'd have a heart attack.
    Calling him a liar is quite pathetic though, since he wasn't wrong. It's just that the things making classic difficult is gone. It's not hard to find 60 people willing to farm every consumable you can, getting all world buffs, knowing all bosses inside out before even doing the raid.

In vanilla, it was hard to even keep a raiding guild together. Along with the world not really having fiber/ADSL in all households. I know we had 10/1 ADSL and we had "insane" internet when WoW was released. A lot of people playing with 200-300 MS in raids.

That he glorified classic too much is one thing, but it was that hard. The Classic raids aren't really close to the vanilla raids either, since they're released based on the last patch. Same as itemization, gear and talents. Ragnaros was 10x harder in vanilla (early patches) than it is now. So it's not really a fair comparison either.

If we had a 1.1 version of Vanilla WoW, you'd see a lot more guilds wiping even in MC. But the game SUCKED compared to 1.12, the talents made no sense and the game was quite stupid in most cases. So thankfully we won't see that.

I never said classic was hard, i just said PvE in WoW is generally not hard at all (not even mythic) and if u want difficullity u should PvP in Classic. (Not farming rank 14, but just pvp in general).

I can imagine ur the guy who hates PvP because u never been any good at it, and u just quit it at 1300 rating and keep making threads on MMO-champion to feel better about urself.

Was that spot on? I think thats you, and i think alot of people agree with me.
    Last edited by Lanzo97; 2020-12-13 at 01:46 PM.

I never said classic was hard, i just said PvE in WoW is generally not hard at all (not even mythic) and if u want difficullity u should PvP in Classic. (Not farming rank 14, but just pvp in general).

I can imagine ur the guy who hates PvP because u never been any good at it, and u just quit it at 1300 rating and keep making threads on MMO-champion to feel better about urself.

I don't hate PvP, I just don't do it because it's a joke. There are way better games to get your PvP fix, primarily shooters. I play WoW for the incredibly challenging PvE content.

I can imagine ur the guy who hates PVE because u never been any good at it, and u just quit it at heroic and keep making threads on MMO-champion to feel better about urself.

I don't hate PvP, I just don't do it because it's a joke. There are way better games to get your PvP fix, primarily shooters. I play WoW for the incredibly challenging PvE content.

I can imagine ur the guy who hates PVE because u never been any good at it, and u just quit it at heroic and keep making threads on MMO-champion to feel better about urself.

Haha, "incredibly challenging PvE content", dude then u don't have an IQ over 90. Sorry to say that, but some people think its hard some don't.

I am aware of better PvP games out there, but if you like MMORPG and difficulity u should try PvP, its actually against someone with a brain. Try pushing 2.6k, and compare that to a pathethic mythic kill in one afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Calling him a liar is quite pathetic though, since he wasn't wrong. It's just that the things making classic difficult is gone. It's not hard to find 60 people willing to farm every consumable you can, getting all world buffs, knowing all bosses inside out before even doing the raid.

In vanilla, it was hard to even keep a raiding guild together. Along with the world not really having fiber/ADSL in all households. I know we had 10/1 ADSL and we had "insane" internet when WoW was released. A lot of people playing with 200-300 MS in raids.

That he glorified classic too much is one thing, but it was that hard. The Classic raids aren't really close to the vanilla raids either, since they're released based on the last patch. Same as itemization, gear and talents. Ragnaros was 10x harder in vanilla (early patches) than it is now. So it's not really a fair comparison either.

If we had a 1.1 version of Vanilla WoW, you'd see a lot more guilds wiping even in MC. But the game SUCKED compared to 1.12, the talents made no sense and the game was quite stupid in most cases. So thankfully we won't see that.
    Naxxramas is faithful to the current patch in classic as it was back then, and it is still easy. It goes to show you how mature the playerbase has become over 15 years. You are judging difficulty based on knowledge, computer specs and lag. I judge a raid's difficulty on mechanics, and also being able to play the modern classes to their max potential while doing those mechanics.

I was watching a stream of a guild on my realm doing four horsemen, and this scarab lord was clicking his abilities just as you would back then and died to a void zone. Just because vanilla was difficult for people who still didn't know how to play wow 'properly' (and rightly so, because it was a brand new game) doesn't mean the game was difficult.

- - - Updated - - -

He just told you to play classic pvp for difficulty mate, he's a real chad gamer.

Haha, "incredibly challenging PvE content", im sure for some it can be a little bit challenging, but if u have an IQ over 90, u won't really have a hard time completing it.
    I see where u coming from, u have never really tried PvP so u don't know content can be any harder in WoW at all.

Dude its so pathetic ur not coming with any arguments against my statement, im just saying EVERYTHING is harder when playing against other people.

Im well aware there are better PvP games out there, but if u like MMORPG and difficullity the best u got is WoW classic PvP.

I don't want to waste my time arguing against some virgin, who never tried PvP and think he's easy mythic bosses is an achievment in itself lol.

(This is a new account, because the other one cant post so many posts)

Haha, "incredibly challenging PvE content", im sure for some it can be a little bit challenging, but if u have an IQ over 90, u won't really have a hard time completing it.
    I see where u coming from, u have never really tried PvP so u don't know content can be any harder in WoW at all.

Dude its so pathetic ur not coming with any arguments against my statement, im just saying EVERYTHING is harder when playing against other people.

Im well aware there are better PvP games out there, but if u like MMORPG and difficullity the best u got is WoW classic PvP.

I don't want to waste my time arguing against some virgin, who never tried PvP and think he's easy mythic bosses is an achievment in itself lol.

(This is a new account, because the other one cant post so many posts)

Im glad u got ur new account Cyz (or a close friend) who is also a sucker in PvP and want to feel better about himself lol..

Mmo champion really is a cult for PvErs only

Classic is just as easy now as it was back then. But back then we were playing on machines that would be called potatoes today with internet still being upgraded from dial-up. We also didn't have 16 years of practice raiding and top notch add-ons. They didn't make Classic easy, we all just got better.

wile i agree that high end pvp is more challening to compete in that doing mythic raids

however the problem is that in pvp the responsability is mostly on you,besides arenas ofc,but even in arenas its 2 or 1 person you are dealing with,in raids it can be very frustrating when multiple people take turns making mistakes

also kungen?dude/..kungen is a meme and a joke these days,him saying retail mythic not being more difficulty than vanila was likely a meme joke he said

i know kungen is bad,he couldnt get passed stomach boss in wod....my casual crappy guild killed it with less than half his wipes,i was honestly dumbfounded by how bad hes become,but thats to be expected of the vanila/classic crowd when they try actual modern raids

also classic pvp is a joke compared to high end arenas these days

but ofc i know you are just trolling so idk why i even bothered

Quote Originally Posted by Cyz View Post
    He just told you to play classic pvp for difficulty mate, he's a real chad gamer.
    Ah yes. You can really show off your twitch reflexes in Classic PvP LOL. You can almost go on a coffee break between abilities

Why is this 63 pages long? Classic was never difficult. We just had crap internet and not many people played MMOs. It wasn't difficult, people just didn't know how to play yet.

I'm sorry but are you seriously trying to say WoW is challenging in any sort of way when it comes to pve? Dude, this game is basically a warm body check when it comes to pve.

Doing the same boring shit every week to get better and better gear to do the dance dance Revolution that is wow raiding. You can’t say something like “resistance farming isn’t difficulty” and then talk about retail likes it’s some sort of skill check. It’s just doing the same shit every week, getting better gear and overpowered shit because of it, then you eventually just steamroll content.
    Last edited by Mosha; 2020-12-13 at 02:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    I'm sorry but are you seriously trying to say WoW is challenging in any sort of way when it comes to pve? Dude, this game is basically a warm body check when it comes to pve.

Doing the same boring shit every week to get better and better gear to do the dance dance Revolution that is wow raiding. You can’t say something like “resistance farming isn’t difficulty” and then talk about retail likes it’s some sort of skill check. It’s just doing the same shit every week, getting better gear and overpowered shit because of it, then you eventually just steamroll content.
    Spoken like someone that has never done top level raiding or accomplished anything top tier in WoW.