Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Horde Razorgore, destroyer of guilds

Hi Everyone.

Our guild got stuck on this piece of Nefarian's art.
    We aren't APES. We are 30-35. Our dps parses are rarely beat 50% in MC.

Our best was to leave 3 eggs.

Now we have plans to ignore and kite legionnaires, our warriors mastered it.
    Drakes after mages, with cc and lite by hunters, 2-3 for one. 1 for each druid.
    Minus aggro talents and no huge heals are new healing orders.

We are 80% mc geared (it's just hard to ask 50old person to dps like a teen).

Four groups in corners.

What, by your opinion, is good to mention to get Razor to second phase?

Kill him in retail, much easier at 120

the fact that you think its hard to ask "50old person to dps like a teen" when most rotations are 1-2 buttons in classic is ridiculous. If they cant spam shadowbolt/frostbolt right, yikes.

Having 30-35 is part of the problem, pug a few of those slots. Bring consumes.

We killed it with 28, without any mandatory consume use or worldbuffs. We killed legionaires and mages (no tanks needed for these mobs), tanks kited dragons.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WashedUpRaider View Post
    the fact that you think its hard to ask "50old person to dps like a teen" when most rotations are 1-2 buttons in classic is ridiculous. If they cant spam shadowbolt/frostbolt right, yikes.

Having 30-35 is part of the problem, pug a few of those slots. Bring consumes.
    In addition:
    1) Get world buffs. At least DTM and Onyxia/Nef. If your server has any serious raiding guild chances are the buffs are being controlled, ask around, get invited into the group that controls the buffs and it becomes super easy to show to the raid with world buffs.

2) Get people to play proper PVP specs.

3) And just kill all the adds in Razorgore. We are not APES and we one shotted Razorgore and it was super easy and controlled, in fact people were asking why they were dropping all of combat since we had several occurrences of having all the adds dead.

EDIT: goodluck!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    Kill him in retail, much easier at 120
    I hated doing it before the cast nerf

5+ Year Old Account
    For BWL bring 3-4 good tanks 12 healers and everything will just melt. BWL it's just tank/healing fights. DPS never matters. The bosses will die. Just outheal the content.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    We killed it with 28, without any mandatory consume use or worldbuffs. We killed legionaires and mages (no tanks needed for these mobs), tanks kited dragons.
    Will try. Thanks for keeping talk beyond teenage.

I guess I'm confused on how you could possibly not DPS well in classic. All the BiS gear is well known. The rotation is well established. The rotation is SLOW as shit. You could damn near look away from the monitor and muscle memory your rotation.

My friend; don’t overthink it. Rather than 4 corner it, spread to 2 corners closest to the mind control orb, north and south. Split your groups amongst north and south and collect and kill the mobs there

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbull View Post
    Will try. Thanks for keeping talk beyond teenage.
    What does being a teenager have to do with anything? Whether you're talking about the more complicated retail WoW or you're talking about very simple Classic WoW whether you're 17 or 75 it should have no impact on your ability to do a basic DPS rotation. The mindset that you can't achieve more than mediocrity because you're an adult is a little bizarre tbh. If someone isn't healing well or doing a decent amount of damage it's not their age holding them back.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

My friend; don’t overthink it. Rather than 4 corner it, spread to 2 corners closest to the mind control orb, north and south. Split your groups amongst north and south and collect and kill the mobs there
    tried. overwhelmed without kite.
    Last edited by Thunderbull; 2020-02-21 at 03:47 PM.

4 groups. 1 in each corner with a tank. Ranged still get assigned a corner but they stand more in the middle. Kill mages and legionnaires from your corner as soon as they spawn. The tank in each corner should be picking these up. When they are dead, grab a dragon spawn and burn it down. Swap to mages and legionnaires when they spawn, then back to that ONE dragon spawn. All the other dragons should be kited by a couple hunters. Ranged can help other corners if they get overwhelmed. Try to keep one dragon spawn getting killed to help reduce how many are being kited. That's how we do it

tried. overwhelmed without kite.
    Are you killing the adds in the correct order? It could be as simple as that, and playing around with the groups a bit more until t out hit that sweet spot

Hi Everyone.

Our guild got stuck on this piece of Nefarian's art.
    We aren't APES. We are 30-35. Our dps parses are rarely beat 50% in MC.

Our best was to leave 3 eggs.

Now we have plans to ignore and kite legionnaires, our warriors mastered it.
    Drakes after mages, with cc and lite by hunters, 2-3 for one. 1 for each druid.
    Minus aggro talents and no huge heals are new healing orders.

We are 80% mc geared (it's just hard to ask 50old person to dps like a teen).

Four groups in corners.

What, by your opinion, is good to mention to get Razor to second phase?
    im 38 and i have orange/pink parses on every boss in MC and at least purple on every boss in BWL. saying you cant dps if you arent a teen is absolutely ridiculous. anyway all i can suggest is git gud. our first week in BWL we had an accidental pull on razorgore and still slept through the fight with 0 deaths, and literally standing around waiting for shit to spawn. its piss easy.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    4 groups. 1 in each corner with a tank. Ranged still get assigned a corner but they stand more in the middle. Kill mages and legionnaires from your corner as soon as they spawn. The tank in each corner should be picking these up. When they are dead, grab a dragon spawn and burn it down. Swap to mages and legionnaires when they spawn, then back to that ONE dragon spawn. All the other dragons should be kited by a couple hunters. Ranged can help other corners if they get overwhelmed. Try to keep one dragon spawn getting killed to help reduce how many are being kited. That's how we do it
    thats basicly how we did it back in Vanilla, however in Classic we only had 28 ppl instead of 40. So instead of killing we just had the tanks kite all dragons, and just kill all mages and legionaires since those mobs dont need to be tanked.

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    Are you killing the adds in the correct order? It could be as simple as that, and playing around with the groups a bit more until t out hit that sweet spot
    as you may see, there are two priority kill orders even in this chat.
    we tried mage-drake, we tried drake-mage (though rogues solo mages fast enough), we tried mage-legio.

best strategy for us when warriors kited legio with pierce howl and other stuff barely handled by 4 designated to corners groups.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    What does being a teenager have to do with anything?
    Teenage years are the typical age when people try to assert themselve and do a lot more posturing than later (not that it stops later). So the typical "teenage answer" is to boast and mock rather than being actually constructive or helpful. I'm sure you're pretty familiar with this kind of behaviour.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Teenage years are the typical age when people try to assert themselve and do a lot more posturing than later (not that it stops later). So the typical "teenage answer" is to boast and mock rather than being actually constructive or helpful. I'm sure you're pretty familiar with this kind of behaviour.
    I'm not entirely sure you understood the thread or my post. OP is using age as an excuse for under performing, and I wanted to know why the OP thought that was a valid excuse for under performing. I'm not really sure how you could even come to the conclusion that I was boasting or mocking anyone. I mean that was a really cute dig at me, but it was completely nonsensical in this context.

It's WoW, it's not a complicated game, Classic even less so, being older isn't going to impact your ability to do a rotation. That's not mocking anyone.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest