Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast

Mostly AB these days. I thoroughly enjoy playing AB. I also raid twice a week and do herb runs for my own consumables.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    How to play WoW that was made in 2005-2010 period.

Play a lot the first month, cap out.

Raid log.

I do miss those periods to be honest, if you do anything else, you are playing the game wrong.
    Lol wat? Umm guess you just completely missed 90% of tbc and wotlk then.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm actually finding Classic more boring than I thought I would, mostly because I don't care about PVP or alts anymore. Maybe when all 6 phases are out and there's more mobility going on I'll rediscover some fun. Having done it all already is playing a factor, I guess I want it all to be over with much faster because of that as well.

People are going all out on farm raids, it's kinda cringey. This mentality of acting like you absolutely must buff and spam consumables on farm raid is the most bizarre thing, especially when you have people showing up 30 minutes late anyway. It's like we already lost the time you think you supposedly made up with buffs, just stop being ridiculously anal retentive. All the meter and log jocking is pushing me away from WoW, it's neurotic af.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I'm actually finding Classic more boring than I thought I would, mostly because I don't care about PVP or alts anymore. Maybe when all 6 phases are out and there's more mobility going on I'll rediscover some fun. Having done it all already is playing a factor, I guess I want it all to be over with much faster because of that as well.

People are going all out on farm raids, it's kinda cringey. This mentality of acting like you absolutely must buff and spam consumables on farm raid is the most bizarre thing, especially when you have people showing up 30 minutes late anyway. It's like we already lost the time you think you supposedly made up with buffs, just stop being ridiculously anal retentive. All the meter and log jocking is pushing me away from WoW, it's neurotic af.
    This 100%. I’m not going to lie I was looking so forward to classic because I remember how easy the raids were and I thought it was going to be a casuals paradise.

Holy Christ was I wrong. SO many guilds will not even allow you to join up if you don’t spend 5 hours a day farming mats and stuff that will end up saving you 30 mins a week in raiding. I honestly thought people were going to just take it easy and mess around and when it came time to raid just one shot everything because of how easy it is. NOPE! The p server people for sure ruined it.

Thankfully in tbc there isn’t NEAR as much of this nonsense to play around. That and there’s arenas so you and a couple friends actually have some Replay ability for pvp that isn’t sweating bgs for 5 hours a day

getting up from sleeping, playing, a little walk in the woods and after that once again playing, this is boring quarantine time.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Anthony Jeselnik side of me wanne say: masturbation and /slitwrist.

Obviously not me, I look great and is immune to that crap.
    However I', not immune to buying and gathering shitty world buffs for 377h before the raid.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Doing mostly quests, occasionally a dungeon, interact with people etc. I also do some grinding for my professions while leveling.

Logging in. Checking AH and/or sales. Selling tank runs if I feel like it. Making sure my supplies are set for my weekly Sunday night raids. Clear Mc/bwl,ony in about 4 hours total during raid night. Enjoy my time off with other games.

Although zg will be joining the mix soon and taking a night up

My average day consists of leveling my characters and crying because I'm poor as fuck. Sometimes cursing quest mobs or Blizzard for making silly quests that are so fucking far away

So, I have a 37 warlock, 25 priest, 12 mage, 10 warrior and 10 mage. It feels like getting 60 will take me forever, unless I can get some dungeons going. I like dungeons. Questing? Meh. But since I'm a dps, (warlock) I can't really expect dungeons on-demand, hence the warrior.

I enjoy chatting in guild chat and was happy to be in a guild where we are a bunch of random people chatting. I've not been in a social guild since WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Playing other games tbh. There's fuck all to do in Classic so raid logging once per week it is

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    This 100%. I’m not going to lie I was looking so forward to classic because I remember how easy the raids were and I thought it was going to be a casuals paradise.

Holy Christ was I wrong. SO many guilds will not even allow you to join up if you don’t spend 5 hours a day farming mats and stuff that will end up saving you 30 mins a week in raiding. I honestly thought people were going to just take it easy and mess around and when it came time to raid just one shot everything because of how easy it is. NOPE! The p server people for sure ruined it.

Thankfully in tbc there isn’t NEAR as much of this nonsense to play around. That and there’s arenas so you and a couple friends actually have some Replay ability for pvp that isn’t sweating bgs for 5 hours a day
    That is exactly the same reason I quit. Speedrunning looks like blasphemy, ripping those iconic bosses in 30 seconds, I just cant stand it.
    And farming all those buffs and gold for flasks for hours just to speed the run - no thanks.
    Even casual guilds caved to this ridiculous behavior.
    Otherwise, it was nice while it lasted, leveling was best part, just like many said.

If you only have 1 Character, you're going to get bored. If you have 2 characters, there's a lot of things to do if you want to min-max. A lot of rep farming, raiding daily, Lotus Farming, AH flipping, Guild Events, a lot of fun stuff to do.

Pretty bored, not really interested in alts, at least not till closer to BC. I made some smart early investments back when I was playing 30-40 hours a week, and probably won't need to farm for consumables till late naxx. So i'm essentially raid logging.

I still enjoy doing MC after 6 months, which really surprised me. Geared horde fury war ended up being just as fun to play as I hoped.

We still don't have a TF, despite doing double runs earlier on, and tons of alt runs also. I'm HARD threat capped on alot of fights, which sucks.

It's weird having 100% attendance and getting so little loot. I don't like it, but knew it would be this way. My guild is fair, it's not their fault the itemization for fury is so limited before aq40. There is more dps war itemization going forward, so I hope that gets better. Sharing loot with tanks does not help, especially in this fury-prot meta. But them having more threat is great for me, so it's fine.

At first I hated world buffs, but they're kinda growing on me. I love how powerful it feels to have them. Losing them to RNG mechanic deaths is frustrating, but overall I think im glad they are a thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    last time i got on Classic:

DeadGuild.png
    Log out
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I stopped playing just before BWL release. Not because I hate it, I just got fed up with the ridiculous consumable demands from even mid-tier guilds.

If you want me to use a flask, we better be clearing all content in one night with 0 deaths, 0 wipes and fair loot distribution. Better yet, recognise that consumes aren't needed except maybe the tanks.

MC is so fucking easy you don't need consumes, we didn't use them on PServers.

We pugged BWL and cleared in 1h30 with light consumes.

People pugged AQ40 ffs.

I never thought it could happen but Classic actually killed my love for vanilla WoW. In the end, the private server scene was more fun.
    Last edited by Gavll; 2020-05-14 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavll View Post
    I stopped playing just before BWL release. Not because I hate it, I just got fed up with the ridiculous consumable demands from even mid-tier guilds.

If you want me to use a flask, we better be clearing all content in one night with 0 deaths, 0 wipes and fair loot distribution. Better yet, recognise that consumes aren't needed except maybe the tanks.

MC is so fucking easy you don't need consumes, we didn't use them on PServers.

We pugged BWL and cleared in 1h30 with light consumes.

People pugged AQ40 ffs.

I never thought it could happen but Classic actually killed my love for vanilla WoW. In the end, the private server scene was more fun.
    This is the exact reason I stopped playing. Really looking forward to tbc because of this. WAY less things to even farm and those things take 0 amount of time and effort to get (like world buffs why the fuck are you guys doing world buffs in 2020).

That and I hve the option to que arenas and say fuck everyone else.

My avarage day of Classic WoW is less and less fun. At a point now, I canceled my subscription. 1 Week to late as it just got prolonged until 11 of august but I don't care about that much.

But I had fun the most of the time, lvled 2 characters to 60, Gnome mage and Undead Warlock. This was perhaps the best part of the game for me. I Played the most on the Warlock. Did ZF with the same pug 2 times (but that pug seems to have quit), Did AV enough to be exalted with the faction now and did WSG and AB several times, which I hate the most now.

I liked lvling the most, but 2 characters is enough, I have don enough walking in Azeroth. End game raiding: It couldn't bother me either. The high min/max demands I don't like it and I cannot remember this high min/max demands were on the private server I used to test if I would like classic. The community is really different between private and classic in my experience. Also for the social part, private servers seems to be way better and I cannot figure out why. So I skipped raiding and never really bothered finding a raiding guild.

The worst part (in my experience) is the battlegrounds. Never have I ever played an expansion of WoW where battlegrounds are so unbalanced as it is in Classic. AV is really horde favored (battlegroup with shazzrah in it) but the queue times are really long (40+ minutes, 30+ if you were lucky) but I used the waiting time to level fishing/cooking. Then I did a couple of AB and WSG and fortunately they have really low queue times. Else it would be a big waste of time. All of the 9 AB matches I joined was a loss for the Horde as most of the AB's were against full premades. Why did Blizzard actually allows to let premades play against pugs in the first place. Same goes for 9 WSG matches, 8 of them were against premades and a loss. Perhaps it is simple bad luck or this is what battlegrounds has become. I don't know. And I don't care either anymore as well.

The biggest turn down of Classic is the lack of the social aspect as it was during TBC and WotLK. I experienced those expansions as the best of WoW so far. Unfortunately I never had that vibe during Classic and perhaps I expected too much.

Anyway, I don't regret playing Classic at all, I had many fun moments of course but the interest in the game for me is getting less and less. I do hope TBC will get re-released too and I certainly will give it a shot but I won't expect much as I fear the vibe as TBC and WotLK could give back in the day will never return.

Classic is like a bright sunny day in the middle of winter when leveling the first 15-20 level around your homeland.

Like an epic D&D adventure when delving into blackrock depths

Like a solitary adventure under full moon in duskwood

And all those in meals as big as you want them or as small as you want them. Not rushed, not forced, no nothing.

The game is there for you to play it and leave as you please.

Gonna log tonight after 10 days of inactivity.
    And every single thing of the above will be there. Waiting for me, in one of my alts ranging all the way from my level 12 warlock to my level 58 hunter to have a blast!

Why a dozen alts and not a single 60? Cause I don't mind having one. I don't wanna play the min-maxing game but most of all, I don't wanna see the end. I don't want to be the best, the most geared, the richer. Just a part of a wonderful world that you log in and everything falls into place! That's my game!

-Realise how shit it was
    -Never log in again