10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    are you referring to the bill of rights?
    I presume they're talking about all the state constitutions.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    So the solution is to vote for the people whose policies helped lead us to Trump's presidency? You either think Trump is the problem or a symptom of the problem. I am of the later thinking.
    So your solution to the problem is to let the symptom remain as president?

Could you not?

I don't know who you are, but assuming this is some burner account you can just leave. If you can't manage to voice your opinion without infractions this isn't the site for you.

- - - Updated - - -

What you saying isn't mutually exclusive to what I'm saying.

Most Americans have a right to vote, but not all. If you're a felon or on parole you could have lost that right. Then is it really "A. Fucking. Right"?

As for the privileged who vote more, see below.
    And yet, you are not talking about felons, you've been talking about poor people versus wealthy people.

That's a fucking deflection.

People choosing to not vote (which is literally what you are supporting) isn't the same as some fucking privilege that but a few are privy to. It's you literally arguing against yourself.

Yeah, and they passed it when it had no chance at being taken up, and I bet if the Democrats win all three branches of the government it still won't be passed. Working as intended.
    See, this is why it's impossible to take you remotely seriously.

"DEMOCRATS AREN'T DOING ANYTHING!"
    "Ok, here's a bunch of stuff they are doing. There are just limits to what they can do as they only control the House."
    "YEAH BUT THEY WOULDN'T DO ANYTHING EVEN IF THEY CONTROLLED EVERYTHING!"

It's really easy when you can just pick up the entire field and move it to another continent. If they fail to act if they take the Senate/White House, then we can nail them to the cross for it and I'll be there happily swinging my hammer.

No I didn't change my mind. Being able to vote itsself the privileged position and practicing your own democratic views by withholding a vote is just as valid as voting.
    That's fine. But most people don't vote because of some "moral" issue. Again, go back to the Sanders Institute page I linked. You'll learn a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    There is a lot of self-projection going on in this thread.

I'm really curious why that is. Every single accusation is tossed out of the closet:
    "They're priviledged. They're not progressive. They're upper middle class."

Does anyone ever take a moment to stop and wonder why this desperate projection is going on so abundantly?

I'm sorry, but not voting has long been a very core leftist stance. Anyone should remember that this was Russel Brand's main shtick when he was doing his whole "R-LOVE-ution" media campaign.

I'm just getting more and more disgusted with the Democratic Party media machine that is trying to co-opt everything in it's incessant attempt to virtue signal while still being an ultra-capitalist cabal at it's very being.
    Well, since we already know you want Trump to win, and have admitted it, that's simply a matter of you being disingenuous.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you do realize you just made his point for him right?
    My post was sarcastic, because he's painfully incorrect and that's not why people don't vote. I provided a link to a Sanders aligned progressive groups detailing of voting issues and why people don't vote, and absent from that list was "people don't like candidates".

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but not voting has long been a very core leftist stance. Anyone should remember that this was Russel Brand's main shtick when he was doing his whole "R-LOVE-ution" media campaign.

I'm just getting more and more disgusted with the Democratic Party media machine that is trying to co-opt everything in it's incessant attempt to virtue signal while still being an ultra-capitalist cabal at it's very being.
    Can’t make this shit up:

Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I'm sorry, but not voting has long been a very core leftist stance.
    This isn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but not voting has long been a very core leftist stance.
    This is absurd... like, absolute insanity.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't deflection to address someone's point that they made. It is dishonest of you to cherry pick and ignore the context.

People choosing not to vote is as much a right of every American as it is their right to vote. No one is owed a vote, and it is a Candidates actual job to get and earn votes.
    Think about how much time you are spending, dedicated to telling people, what you will not be doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    I presume they're talking about all the state constitutions.
    Yes. Because the gay marriage fight happened at both the state and federal level before the SCOTUS put it all to bed.
    Forum badass alert:
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    It's called resistance / rebellion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana Violence View Post
    Also, one day the tables might turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Can’t make this shit up:

No, it's an actual thing Brand wrote - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(book)

And much like Brand himself, it's apparently very charming, long winded, and completely devoid of anything of substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No, it's an actual thing Brand wrote - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(book)

And much like Brand himself, it's apparently very charming, long winded, and completely devoid of anything of substance.
    It was in reference to everything being coopted by democrats, when Ron Paul and Brand used nearly identical slogans.

It isn't deflection to address someone's point that they made. It is dishonest of you to cherry pick and ignore the context.

People choosing not to vote is as much a right of every American as it is their right to vote. No one is owed a vote, and it is a Candidates actual job to get and earn votes.
    Choosing to not vote isn't the same as privilege. It's a deflection, and a desire to blame the wrong people.

They are free to choose to not to vote. That's also their right. But, that simply means you are arguing against your entire narrative, and I'm fine with you continuing to do that.

Well since you seem to know my narrative better then me, please share.
    I already literally pointed it out. You whined that voting is a privilege of the wealthy, and as you clearly admitted later... it's not.

It really is that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I think you missed the second bolded part of that quote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    I think you missed the second bolded part of that quote.
    Yeah, I don’t think that clear on my part.

I’m pointing out, that the very movement used as example, was coopted by GOP member, Ron Paul. The example it self, contradicted the very next sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

No I said that the Rich (AKA privileged) vote more then the poor. I then provided evidence. You went off on a tangent claiming it's a right which completely ignored the context of what I was saying. See you got it wrong. It's okay, I'm pretty use it from these forums.

Because the poor have jobs and are constantly bombarded by people trying to devalue their vote, by saying it’s meaningless. The rich, according to you, know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's Trump using Covid-19 funds as a means to attack states and cities with progressive governments.
    Really, no progressive should be ok with another four years of Trump.

Trump blocked the idea of financial assistance to state and local governments specifically in order to force them to compromise public health and worker safety.

I dont imagine these podcast leftists actually know people that work in meat production.
    Government Affiliated Snark

No I said that the Rich (AKA privileged) vote more then the poor. I then provided evidence. You went off on a tangent claiming it's a right which completely ignored the context of what I was saying. See you got it wrong. It's okay, I'm pretty use it from these forums.

The fact you think this is a privileged position is hilarious when its the position of the vast majority of the working class and poor. Good case of projection.

- - - Updated - - -

so you got nothing. Got it.

I guess this is what you all do when you got nothing else to hang your hat on. So long as you realize you're actually defending the broken US Voting system.

There are more non-voters then voters. Most Americans fall withing poor to lower-middle class, and that is the group that doesn't vote. If you all fail at logic and reason it's not my fault.

My overall point to Edge was being able to vote is the privileged position, because majority of the wealthy vote. Which was my underlying point from the start. Don't get it twisted and get stuck on a couple words to feel better about yourselves.

- - - Updated - - -

No it's not voting for either. Their votes aren't counted. That's how voting works, you have to count the people who did vote. Are you new to this?

Also if no one voted in the general election, the Electorate Votes would be the one to vote for the President. As most aren't actually obligated to reflect the will of their voters. So we'd still get a someone in office.

You are saying it's about ability to do it, and not simply choice... which you later argued about.

Choosing to not vote, then complaining voting is for the privileged... is utterly fucking absurd. It's not that they are able to, and therefore have privilege, it's that they choose to do it. If youa re pissed that poor people don't vote as much as you'd like, then stop pushing them to... not vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Because the poor have jobs and are constantly bombarded by people trying to devalue their vote, by saying it’s meaningless. The rich, according to you, know better.

I dunno, I think that graph came out of someone's ass.
    One of the jokes in 2016 was that Trump's own family had not even bothered to register to vote.
    One of the jokes of 2020 was that very rich podcasters supporting Bernie, had failed to register to vote in time for primaries.
    Government Affiliated Snark