10+ Year Old Account
    Once again, it's time to play Guess the Speaker!

It’s been 34 days since the election on Nov. 3. We have now counted legally cast ballots three times and the results remain unchanged.
    That's Georgia's Secretary of State, likely frustrated about having to go above and beyond because Trump supporters are increasingly demonstrably opposed to democracy.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    AF1 or Marine1 or a golf cart: is there any indication Trump will even attend inauguration ? if he is in Mar-a-Lago already the planes stays in DC and done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    is there any indication Trump will even attend inauguration ?
    He said he would not, so, yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranzino View Post
    AF1 or Marine1 or a golf cart: is there any indication Trump will even attend inauguration ? if he is in Mar-a-Lago already the planes stays in DC and done.
    Literally everyone is reporting no. Which is the most predictable thing ever, we all knew he wouldn't attend. Apparently the plan is to take AF1 down to Florida, hold a big steamy superspreader event, and announce his 2024 Presidential Run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Literally everyone is reporting no. Which is the most predictable thing ever, we all knew he wouldn't attend. Apparently the plan is to take AF1 down to Florida, hold a big steamy superspreader event, and announce his 2024 Presidential Run.
    I think Biden’s presidency is given more dignity and merit by having Trump not be there, personally. I mean, would post-war Germany have been seen as more legitimate if hitler hadn’t pussed out and was instead there to “hand over” the reins to the new government?

The only thing trump would confer with his presence is some protection against one of his lunatic followers trying to start something for fear of accidentally hurting dear leader.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2020-12-07 at 04:39 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    He said he would not, so, yes.
    what, is Trump now another Godot ?
    he will be invited per tradition afaik, but i cannot see him in such a minor role.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think Biden’s presidency is given more dignity and merit by having Trump not there, p rsinally.
    True, but I would generally prefer Trump stop murdering people by holding massive rallies in a pandemic.

10+ Year Old Account
    True, but I would generally prefer Trump stop murdering people by holding massive rallies in a pandemic.
    Over-under on the word “massive,” there. Though I take your point.

I’d imagine it’s going to be a pretty big ego blow when trump’s rally is superseded in attendance by Biden’s inauguration... which, itself, hopefully also supersedes trumps from the 2016 election.

And unlike trump, I expect Biden and his crowd to... wear masks... respect social distancing... you know, do the things that allowed the protests over the summer to hold hundreds of thousands of people and yet not become super spreader events.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/07/judg...rgia-loss.html

The Kraken has been dismissed.

Not for being absolutely batshit insane ramblings, no. The judge didn't even discuss the content by the looks of it.

It was dismissed because Sidney Powell filed the lawsuit in the wrong courts. Federal courts have no authority to do shit when it comes to state election laws like this. This is what, the fourth Trump/Trump-related lawsuit tossed because they couldn't find where the hell to file the lawsuit?

i assume she has a go fund me and is raking it in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Over-under on the word “massive,” there. Though I take your point.

I’d imagine it’s going to be a pretty big ego blow when trump’s rally is superseded in attendance by Biden’s inauguration... which, itself, hopefully also supersedes trumps from the 2016 election.

And unlike trump, I expect Biden and his crowd to... wear masks... respect social distancing... you know, do the things that allowed the protests over the summer to hold hundreds of thousands of people and yet not become super spreader events.
    I don't think they are going to allow it to be bigger then the 2016 inauguration. I imagine they will enforce social distancing like responsible adults. It would send a terrible message to pack the national mall full of people with the Covid epidemic still in full swing (Which it absolutely still will be).

If it wasn't for Covid, then yes, it would be bigger then 2016.

What? No. It's expected to be a relatively low-key affair in the wake of COVID-19. As it should be. And yes we fully expect Trump and his fucking stupid supporters to point at it and go "SEE? SEE? TRUMP IS WAY MORE POPULAR!" because they're incapable of coherent thought.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think they are going to allow it to be bigger then the 2016 inauguration. I imagine they will enforce social distancing like responsible adults. It would send a terrible message to pack the national mall full of people with the Covid epidemic still in full swing (Which it absolutely still will be).

If it wasn't for Covid, then yes, it would be bigger then 2016.
    This. Biden's inaugural team is planning something more along the lines of the DNC's virtual presence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It was dismissed because Sidney Powell filed the lawsuit in the wrong courts.
    That's the second time, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Well, hopefully no News networks cover this stunt of his. It would go against tradition, puts more doubt into the American people, and is an attempt to steal Biden’s limelight.
    Maybe no news network will, but OANN will and FOX will undoubtedly still give it airtime despite their lover's quarrel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Maybe no news network will, but OANN will and FOX will undoubtedly still give it airtime despite their lover's quarrel.
    FOX definitely isn't gonna air it if it's happening during the inauguration. They haven't even been airing his team's pressers.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/07/judg...rgia-loss.html

The Kraken has been dismissed.

Not for being absolutely batshit insane ramblings, no. The judge didn't even discuss the content by the looks of it.

It was dismissed because Sidney Powell filed the lawsuit in the wrong courts. Federal courts have no authority to do shit when it comes to state election laws like this. This is what, the fourth Trump/Trump-related lawsuit tossed because they couldn't find where the hell to file the lawsuit?
    My theory is this wasn't done due to entirely due to incompetence, more the wishful thinking once it get's to SCOTUS they'll rule in her favor.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    My theory is this wasn't done due to entirely due to incompetence, more the wishful thinking once it get's to SCOTUS they'll rule in her favor.
    It's a publicity stunt, or she's actually this incompetent. If it was wishful thinking it'd go to the SCOTUS, that's the perfect example of the incompetence : P

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    The problem Fox has come to is that while they whip up their viewers in a frenzy of bullshit, they also try to temper it by trying sometimes and mostly failing at being actual news, on certain occasions, and those occasions are always during the daytime. So I don't think it'll get airtime, but primetime it'll be mentioned and adored by the cuckers and hannitys. OANN has no scruples they just whip the frenzy and never turn the machine off for any semblance of reality. And that's why fox is starting to struggle against oann or newsmax or whatever, because many viewers that go to Fox don't want any reality, just their bubble of bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

It's a publicity stunt, or she's actually this incompetent. If it was wishful thinking it'd go to the SCOTUS, that's the perfect example of the incompetence : P
    The incompetence isn't that they went to the wrong court though is my point. It is incompetence, just not entirely that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Scrap the outdated electoral vote system already. One amendment wasnt enough.
    Join the rest of the democracies with popular vote.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    That's Georgia's Secretary of State, likely frustrated about having to go above and beyond because Trump supporters are increasingly demonstrably opposed to democracy.
    UPDATE: Georgia certified election results.

"You already posted that."

They did it again.