1. #14241
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You tell me...
    No, you tell me. I'm asking.
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  2. #14242
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    No, you tell me. I'm asking.
    It’s the presidential denying part of my reply... wtf? You prefer semantic to issues? How about, Trump lied, 200000 Americans died...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  3. #14243
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s the presidential denying part of my reply... wtf? You prefer semantic to issues? How about, Trump lied, 200000 Americans died...
    I'm just sayin'. It says "Presidential failures." To my knowledge, Hillary was never a president. I'm just sayin'.
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  4. #14244
    My only RBG comment: yes, the Republicans are awful and hypocritical. But the reason they can do this is they control the Senate. With a nut like Trump in charge, the Dems are hoping to flip the senate for what, 2 years before they lose it in 2022.

    The Democratic Party is just so divisive in the US that it is incredibly impotent - it’s amazing that the party in favor of worker rights and healthcare has lost the blue collar vote.

  5. #14245
    Void Lord Felya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    the other
    Posts
    55,833
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I'm just sayin'. It says "Presidential failures." To my knowledge, Hillary was never a president. I'm just sayin'.
    And I’m just saying, that graph proves that some people care more about Hillary being president in 2020, than Trump lying, resulting in 200000 dead Americans. The point of that title, is to show how accurate it is, thanks to replies like yours. Even if it’s inadvertent...

    Trump lied, 200000 Americans died...

    Edit: why don’t you complain that the 190000 dead is outdated? What is this, last week?

    Edit 2: I know you are starving to reply... let it out... starving your self isn’t a cure for anything... let it out...

    Edit 3: My memory is magic... Boo!!!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-09-22 at 01:52 AM.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

  6. #14246
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Biden still seems to have issues with simple math.....https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bid...die-from-covid

    2020 Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden had another gaffe on Sunday when he said an estimated 200 million people have already died from the coronavirus, even though the number of American casualties is closer to 200,000.

    "If Donald Trump has his way, the complications from COVID-19, which are well beyond what they should be -- it's estimated that 200 million people have died -- probably by the time I finish this talk," he said during a campaign speech.


    This isn't the first time Biden has mixed up his math and made head-scratching remarks about the coronavirus mortality rate.

    Back in June, Biden wrongly claimed 120 million people had died as a result of COVID-19, during a campaign stop in Pennsylvania.

    “People don’t have a job, people don’t know where to go, they don’t know what to do,” he said. “Now we have over 120 million dead from COVID.”
    Shit he said million instead of thousand....


    and while you were complaining about this Trump has said in the past few days:

    President Donald Trump on Saturday night asked a group of women if their husbands were aware they were at his campaign event in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
    "I hope your husbands are OK with it," Trump said.

    Said white people have better genes....

    ...I said, ‘Shinzo, you have to do it.’ Next day, it was the story: 'Five car companies opened up in Michigan.'”
    when there are none....none planned, none.

    Said no one is getting COVID, young people are safe they should open all schools because no one will catch it.



    and somehow you also support a guy who said (while you being a huge 2A guy)
    “Or, Mike, take the firearms first and then go to court. Because that’s another system, because a lot of times, by the time you go to court, it takes so long to go to court, to get the due process procedures. I like taking the guns early. Like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida, he had a lot of firearms — they saw everything — to go to court would have taken a long time, so you could do exactly what you’re saying, but take the guns first, go through due process second.”


    you sir are everything wrong with Trump voters.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I hate to disappoint you, but you are in no position to be telling anyone on here what to post or when. You can ignore it or bash it. But your input one way or the other is no more important than anyone else's is here.

    I will keep bashing the worse Democrat team for election I have ever seen run every chance I get if it fits. He would have increased his chances of beating Trump even more if he picked a good running mate.

    And for once, I will agree with Hillary. No matter who wins or loses, they should not concede until there is a hopefully bi-partisan verification of the results. That could take weeks.
    Talk about babbling incoherently .... You should worry less about Biden and slow down a little

    - - - Updated - - -

    In other news how long before Trumplican's start blaming democrats for not passing a funding bill for the govt....when the senate refuses to vote on it...just like all the stimulus bills?

    Oh a few minutes.

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-shameful.html

    Oh look they want more socialist bail outs for farmers who got 2.5x more this year than any other year.

    Mitch McConnell rejected a short-term spending bill drafted by House Democrats as 'shameful'
    McConnell noted there was no federal relief for American farmers, who have received billions in aid under the Trump administration

    They want another 30 billion to buy the election...i mean...umm bail out farmers.

    but hey forget the 30 million unemployed, they want to give another 28 billion to airlines cause....reasons.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

  7. #14247
    I think this is pretty funny. California is #1 State for contribution to both Trump and Biden campaigns.

    Contributions by Geography, federal election data for Donald Trump, 2020 cycle

    Contributions by Geography, federal election data for Joe Biden, 2020 cycle

    Los Angeles County is #1 contributor for Trump's campaign. Double the amount of Harris County contribution at #2. San Diego County is #8. I am so ashamed.

    Los Angeles County is #2 contributor for Biden's campaign. Slightly behind New York County. However, the amount of contribution to Biden is almost double that for Trump.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-22 at 03:46 AM.

  8. #14248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I think this is pretty funny. California is #1 State for contribution to both Trump and Biden campaigns.
    Your links are both the same.

    But the amount of Republican voters in CA comes up pretty much every time the Electoral College debate does. California alone accounted for something like 7% of the popular vote that Trump received in 2016. Only Florida and Texas had more votes cast for him.

  9. #14249
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Your links are both the same.

    But the amount of Republican voters in CA comes up pretty much every time the Electoral College debate does. California alone accounted for something like 7% of the popular vote that Trump received in 2016. Only Florida and Texas had more votes cast for him.
    Corrected. It should have the right links now.

    That meant the State's financial contribution to Trump's campaign (12.2%) exceeds its voters contribution. I was not trying to read anything into it. I just found it funny.
    Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-09-22 at 03:54 AM.

  10. #14250
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,848
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    And I’m just saying, that graph proves that some people care more about Hillary being president in 2020...
    Whatever you say. It's a pretty shitty visual aid, though. But you do you.
    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  11. #14251
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You seem very triggered by my astounding logical consistency on such matters.

    I already stated I'm voting third party, why does that trigger you so damn much?
    So you're admitting you're braindead. Good to know. Dummies will be among the first to be thrown in the reeducation camps during Trump's third term.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-09-22 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Minor Trolling

  12. #14252
    Immortal Hammerfest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    United States of America
    Posts
    7,848
    I love this image, quote...

    -Harlan Hammerfest, Paladin

    "Do you suppose it is beyond us to produce a dual system of astronomy? The stars can be near or distant, according as we need them. Do you suppose our mathematicians are unequal to that? Have you forgotten doublethink?" - O'brien, from Orwell's "Nineteen Eighty-Four"

  13. #14253
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I love this image, quote...

    Yet, the Republicans stopped doing their job, and by proxy, stopped the sitting president from doing his job in 2016, with over 200 days until the election. Stop being a hypocrite.

  14. #14254
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    How can Hillary be on a diagram of Presidential failures? lol
    The Joke









    Your head
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  15. #14255
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    52,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I love this image, quote...
    Hey look, Dan Olson made a video about you and the rest of QAnon.



    "If you want to cut through the noise, it's this: the unifying theme is a desire for a sort of restorative authoritarianism, for a strong man to come in and forcibly put everything back "where it belongs." Everything else is aesthetic.

    Like Flat Earth, there is a sympathetic nugget in the anxiety that the world has gotten too complex, that things are spinning out of control, but the Q analysis of the problem is that the fault lies with the people outlining the complexity. The purpose of cosmologies like Q, like Flat Earth, is to simplify the world. And I know that sounds ridiculous.

    The irony here is that thisisn't all that far off base. Now, not this specific example, "the QAnon Map of Global Politics" is almost pure nonsense - but the shape of it isn't. If you were to map out the political landscape of the world it would look a lot like this, thousands of political entities, big and small, all with their own goals, values, and incentives navigating an equally complex series of conflicts, alliances, and rivalries in competition for power, fame, or limited resources.

    So how is something like [the QAnon map] making the world simpler? Because it takes all this, the chaos of millions of individuals trying to reshape the world for good or ill in their own way, and turns it into a single entity. All the world's complexity, all the chaos, it's all the fault of one group. Not an ideology, not a worldview, not historical inertia, not anything so nebulous as the way we think about the world. A single, tangible, identifiable group with a written agenda.

    These types of conspiratorial beliefs, for all their complex cosmologies, exist in opposition to structural challenges, and a lot of people get involved in them because they resent structural criticism.

    Structural criticism poses that we are the way we are because of complicated forces, some intentional and many not that have compounded and morphed over generations. There's no plan, no template, and no goal, the world won't just magically morph into a better place as a function of its existence; we are responsible for confronting the past, fixing the present, and shaping the future.

    QAnon, and not just QAnon, many people, many many people, want to believe that things are the way they are because someone has deliberately crafted it to be that way, that there is a natural order to the world, and we need to just 'trust the plan'. Climate scientists, trans and queer activists, womens' rights, reproductive autonomy, racial justice, protests against police brutality, protests against generational wealth inequality, and protests against the increasing transfer of the public good into the hands of corporations for privatization and exploitation - all of them are interlocking, systemic issues. These are inarguably disruptions of the status quo, confrontations of deep-rooted complexities that intersect the lives and futures of billions of people.

    And it is that disruption, not the underlying injustices, not the underlying conflicts, that make QAnon anxious, that make QAnon feel like the world has gotten too complex. They don't want those complexities to exist, and by talking about them you make them exist. It's a form of magical thought. Talking about police brutality wills it into existence. A disruption of the status quo is seen as a disruption of the natural order. The problem they see is that no one has made those people shut up. That is what they want; someone to come in and make those people shut up, and go away, to put things back where they belong.

    This philosophy is not unique to QAnon and is the lifeblood of all reactionary movements. And they are of course in conflict with the facts. Global warming, to pull one example, is real and an existential threat to civilization. That's just a fact. It wasn't willed into existence by people talking about it, it isn't overtuned leftists looking for patterns in clouds, it's the byproduct of dumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere on an industrial scale for two hundred years. And there is a temptation to engage on that level, to confront all the material ways in which they are just wrong, and it largely does not work.

    What's unique about QAnon is the degree to which it doesn't work, the degree to which the movement is immune to evidence. All reactionary movements are in tension with reality, a tension that eventually results in psychological crisis, and belief systems like QAnon are the endpoint to that crisis: the point at which reality itself becomes an enemy. Because ultimately it's not about facts, it's about power. QAnons are not otherwise empty vessels who believe one whacky thing. They have an agenda.

    The reason they aren't more bothered by Q constantly getting things wrong, why they aren't more bothered by the extreme inconsistencies and outright contradictions, by the claims that are just materially wrong, is because it gives them power over others who are bound by something as weak and flimsy as reality. They claim to be against corruption while hanging their hopes on an openly corrupt man, and that naked hypocrisy is the point. They will effortlessly carve out an exception because it makes them exceptional. They engage in wild hypocrisy as an act of domination, adhering to something demonstrably untrue out of spite, because they believe that power belongs to those strong enough with the will to take it, and what greater sign of will than the ability to override truth?

    Their will is a hammer that they are using to beat reality into a shape of their choosing, a simple world where reality is exactly what it looks like through their eyes, devoid of complexity, devoid of change, where they are right and their enemies are silent.

    They are trying to build a Flat Earth.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

  16. #14256
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I love this image, quote...
    You're sort of missing the part where the same party that refused to fill a seat 9 months before an election- in order to let the American People decide- is now insisting that they will fill a seat less than 50 days before an election.
    "As democracy is perfected, the office represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
    -H.L. Mencken, 1920

  17. #14257
    Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    So you're admitting you're braindead. Good to know. Dummies will be among the first to be thrown in the reeducation camps during Trump's third term.
    Well, I'm a libertarian in a deep blue state. Why would I vote for either party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Multiculturalism hurts and kills. This happened before Trump and it would be happening without him. Racism arises from a multicultural society. If we were monocultural, people would not see issues through the lens of race.
    This is a poster saying that people are at fault for being the victims of terrorism, because they are not white.

  18. #14258
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    How can Hillary be on a diagram of Presidential failures? lol
    It's called satire. It also says zero people died. Much complicated, I know.

    Also note how 4 deaths shows a bigger peak than 190,462. I mean, wtf right!!!?!?!

  19. #14259
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I love this image, quote...
    I think that's the point republicans set the precedence back in 2016 nine months before the election, now they are breaking their own rules. If they appointed Garland in 2016 and they were doing this now no one would be calling them out for being amoral assholes.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2020-09-22 at 08:23 AM.

  20. #14260
    Scarab Lord Zaydin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL, USA
    Posts
    4,055
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I think that's the point republicans set the precedence back in 2016 nine months before the election, now they are breaking their own rules. If the appointed Garland in 2016 and they were doing this now no one would be calling them out for being amoral assholes.
    That's the rub of it. If the GOP hadn't pulled their crap with Garland in 2016, I don't think Dems would be happy about this now but would be admitting it's how the system works.

    Instead Democrats are enraged that the GOP created a rule from no where and are applying it differently to themselves versus how they applied it to Democrats.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •