Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    Agreed. He secured his base, which was already secure, and is a minority. That display was unhinged and globally embarrassing.
    Trump has given up on winning the election fairly his plan is to turn out the base and throw as much chaos as possible so that the vote gets thrown out or gets in front of the rigged supreme court so he can be declared the winner. He isn't even being subtle that this is the plan he doesn't care if people will die or this country will burn to the ground. Trump needs to stay president to stay out of jail and to keep his creditors at bay he will play the fiddle as Rome burns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
    I've seen some people say that Trump is just a blowhard and that he is too cowardly to try to stay in power if he loses. I disagree. Consider the fact that should Trump lose, he will most likely be going to prison for a whole smorgasbord of crimes. Also consider that his financial situation (as shown by the New York Times) is even more dire than anyone thought it was. The Presidency is his only hope of avoiding all of that. If he loses, he won't be doing any of the fighting himself (because yes he is a coward), but he will be calling on his sycophantic and thug supporters to fight on his behalf, and he's got tens of millions of them. This is a very real possibility that people need to take more seriously.
    I understood why Biden kept saying Trump can’t stay if we vote him out, but Trump can’t afford the loans coming due in 2022. If he is president, much like his rape defamation suite, we will be on the hook for it. It’s blatantly obvious he do the same to his debt as he did with his rape... make Americans pay for it, as he slithers bye...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump has given up on winning the election fairly his plan is to turn out the base and throw as much chaos as possible so that the vote gets thrown out or gets in front of the rigged supreme court so he can be declared the winner. He isn't even being subtle that this is the plan he doesn't care if people will die or this country will burn to the ground. Trump needs to stay president to stay out of jail and to keep his creditors at bay he will play the fiddle as Rome burns.
    He has nothing else... and I bet he knows that he can’t lose or he is fucked... well... unless he gets a room near Snowden or Yanukovych...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Slightly? Trump made a call to arms for white supremacist and demanded his supporters watch people vote... yesterday... Trump currently has DOJ defend him in a defamation case over Trump's rape. Slightly... your moral compass doesn't exist...... WTF?
    You're arguing with a troll, brother. Let it go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    You're arguing with a troll, brother. Let it go.
    I use trolls as soap boxes... how can anyone say that shit, without being disingenuous... so, if I want to talk shit about Trump and don’t want a random post. Troll give a solid jumping off point...

I am so psyched to read @Ghostpanther review... He has to post one at least today...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.npr.org/2020/09/30/91848...hite-supremacy

Again, Donald Trump was handed the most softball challenge a president can ever face in their lifetime - being asked to say "White supremacy is bad." on national TV...

AND HE FUCKING BLEW IT

I cannot get over how jaw dropping this is. This proves every one of the earlier criticisms about his failure to directly condemn white supremacists after Charlottesville to be 100% accurate.

Donald Trump was given a softball opportunity to declare that he was not a white supremacist president.

Donald Trump is a white supremacist president.

My utter shame in many of my fellow Americans has never been so deep.
    That comment makes it difficult to argue that those who remain Trump supporters aren't also pro-white supremacists themselves. And I'm finding it harder and harder to disagree with the popular notion that Trump supporters are just that.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I use trolls as soap boxes... how can anyone say that shit, without being disingenuous... so, if I want to talk shit about Trump and don’t want a random post. Troll give a solid jumping off point...

I am so psyched to read @Ghostpanther review... He has to post one at least today...
    Guarantee he will claim Trump won, somehow. And use a Fox News shit opinion piece as a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    100%. There's also this aspect to the whole thing: "Lots of polling shows that Democrats are less likely to vote if they believe Trump is just going to steal the election. Trump's people have no doubt seen that polling too, which might be motivating Trump to be so honest about stealing the election. Win-win, so to speak."

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1309129452849442817
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Guarantee he will claim Trump won, somehow. And use a Fox News shit opinion piece as a reason.
    He'll probably claim Trump won because he called Pence 'number 2' and got away with it. Few things Biden should have hammered home even more.

1. $750 in Federal Taxes.
    2. Herman Cain died of COVID after the Oklahoma rally. The rallies are not without collateral damage.
    3. Trump refused to condemn white supremacists whilst embracing conspiracy theories.
    4. I know he didn't want to do this, but he should have wrecked Trump's kids when Hunter was brought up.
    5. The constant accusation that mail-in ballots are too many to count, yet Trump is the one who has defunded the USPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    I know... the question is how... So far, Trump support seems to either dredge up Biden’s past, zlulz and proud boys responding to his call to arms. If I wasn’t lazy... now am realizing it might be against rules... I would copy every time he posted and reference Trump repeating it, like they both heard it from the same source. Trump even did the ‘Harris doesn’t know’ when Biden said it’s his policy, as well as that military insult that Ghost admitted was misrepresented and just eye for an eye, because Trump is mistreated.

I think it would be very interesting...

He has nothing else... and I bet he knows that he can’t lose or he is fucked... well... unless he gets a room near Snowden or Yanukovych...
    Yup Trump is literally fighting for his life the people he owes money to are not the type who are going to file paperwork to get the money back.

He'll probably claim Trump won because he called Pence 'number 2' and got away with it. Few things Biden should have hammered home even more.

2. Herman Cain died of COVID after the Oklahoma rally. The rallies are not without collateral damage.
    3. Trump refused to condemn white supremacists whilst embracing conspiracy theories.
    4. I know he didn't want to do this, but he should have wrecked Trump's kids when Hunter was brought up.
    5. The constant accusation that mail-in ballots are too many to count, yet Trump is the one who has defunded the USPS.
    I do wish he had said, "You're talking about my kid because you can't defend your record." And of course when Trump talked nauseatingly about law and order, I wish Biden had pointed out that he's the most corrupt, lawless president ever to hold the office. But mostly I'm just glad it's over.

34 days.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account

That’s sort of the problem... Is Biden supposed to interrupt every 5 seconds to correct Trump? He is already getting shit on for doing it as much as he did...

You are right... a lot was left on the table... Trump’s rape accusation being defended by DOJ, his looming debt, his defunding of pandemic response team and lack of clarification that only Chines nationals were banned from China travel... as can be seen by that woman who went to the bio conference in Boston, then spread it all over the country, as she flew to China from California.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    "Will you shut up, man?"

Channeled the rest of the western world in that one line.

What a fucking shitshow, just like it's been every day since 2016. Very telling that the only fucking time Trump shut up was when he was supposed to denounce white supremacy, but of course he can't - because that's what his followers subscribe to.
    Did you see Hillary response, when someone tagged her on the “shut up” line? “You have no idea”... solid...

Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    I do wish he had said, "You're talking about my kid because you can't defend your record." And of course when Trump talked nauseatingly about law and order, I wish Biden had pointed out that he's the most corrupt, lawless president ever to hold the office. But mostly I'm just glad it's over.

34 days.
    I think he hit the Law & Order bit quite well. "Law and order with justice, where people get treated fairly.”

-snip-
    Anyone giving shit to Biden for interrupting Trump has no clue what they're talking about. There's a lot left on the table, but I'm okay with it.

There's two debates to go. If Biden continues from where left off with a few more knockout blows. COVID, Racial Justice & Climate Change.

10+ Year Old Account
    References to my assertions above:

Biogen Conference Led to 20,000 COVID-19 Cases, Study Suggests
    https://www.biospace.com/article/bio...tudy-suggests/
    Biogen is not actually mentioned by name in the research paper. The paper simply notes an “international business conference held in Boston from February 26-27,” the Globe said. Biogen did not dispute the report but did tell the Globe that the conference was held in the early days of the viral outbreak in the United States when little was known about the virus that would go on to infect more than 23 million people across the globe, including 5.7 million people in the United States.
    Ex-Biogen Employee Who Hid Coronavirus Symptoms to Fly to China Faces Criminal Charges
    https://www.nbcboston.com/news/coron...arges/2093876/

AP FACT CHECK: Trump and the virus-era China ban that isn’t
    https://apnews.com/article/d227b34b1...068b92a03c003d
    The U.S. restrictions that took effect Feb. 2 continued to allow travel to the U.S. from China’s Hong Kong and Macao territories over the past five months. The Associated Press reported that more than 8,000 Chinese and foreign nationals based in those territories entered the U.S. in the first three months after the travel restrictions were imposed.
    That wasn’t a travel ban...

Forced myself to sit through that in its entirety, and I hope everyone else did the same. Yes, Trump turned this debate into a national embarrassment and displayed once again how unworthy he is of the office he occupies. But tuning out is not an option here. Force yourself to watch this and realize the stakes. Realize that Trump winning the next election is a realistic option, and just how immensely important it is that he doesn't.

Realize that an American President telling you he may not accept the outcome of the vote, or that the outcome may de delayed for months is the greatest threat to democracy America has faced in 75 years. Vote, make sure others vote. Let the fucking dumpsterfire you watched inspire you to do every single thing you can to end this nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    From Fox News:

Sheriff in Portland denies Trump's debate claim of winning his endorsement
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/she...is-endorsement
    In tonight’s presidential debate the President said the “Portland Sheriff” supports him. As the Multnomah County Sheriff I have never supported Donald Trump and will never support him.
    Video from Fox affiliate from Portland:

Mike Reese on Trump's claim to have support of Portland's sheriff: 'It's a total fabrication'
    https://www.kptv.com/mike-reese-on-t...bb95d68d4.html

10+ Year Old Account
    The American political system is looking more and more like the Late Roman Republic.

Down to a Consul not wanting to leave in fear of being prosecuted.

Smh.

After having digested that monstrous shit sandwich, here are my thoughts:

First off, this was the worst debate I have ever seen in my entire life. Period. No other debate even comes close, it was an unmitigated disaster from the start. This falls on the shoulders of Chris Wallace, and although he may be good at asking questions, he's fucking terrible at controlling a room. In the end, there was no moderator, and he failed at his job... badly.

Trump seems to be under the impression that the key to winning a debate, is saying the most words, and soaking up airtime. Sure, that may work in debates with large numbers of people, but not so much when there's only two debaters. It also helps if you have coherent thoughts, and can stop lying and pushing misinformation. Trump pandered to his base, but helped to confirm why moderates should stay the fuck away from him at all costs. Whoever gave him the advice to "be the strongest personality in the room" should be fired. He came across as the drunk dude at the bar who is just looking for a fight, so he goes out of his way to be as offensive as possible.

Biden tried to take the high road, kept getting baited in by Trump's interruptions. In the end, he opted for witty one-liners to retaliate, and some were actually quite good. All the whining about dementia and whatnot have been laid to rest. We can now confirm that was just bullshit that was being pushed by the Trumpsters. So, go back in time to everyone who has said it, and you can confirm who the secret Trumpsters really are. Biden's only job was to show that he was competent, and had his mental faculties... and he passed, albeit not spectacularly.

In the end, Biden was the clear winner, because Trump was just so damn terrible in every facet. Trump secured the white supremacist vote with ease, but they were already voting for him. Anyone who thinks Trump won that debate, is either a white supremacist, an idiot, or both.

I think he hit the Law & Order bit quite well. "Law and order with justice, where people get treated fairly.”

Anyone giving shit to Biden for interrupting Trump has no clue what they're talking about. There's a lot left on the table, but I'm okay with it.

There's two debates to go. If Biden continues from where left off with a few more knockout blows. COVID, Racial Justice & Climate Change.
    The fact that Biden didn't lose his cool while getting sprayed with a fire hose of diarrhea for 90 minutes is probably the only salvageable takeaway from the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    From Fox News:

Sheriff in Portland denies Trump's debate claim of winning his endorsement
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/she...is-endorsement

Video from Fox affiliate from Portland:

Mike Reese on Trump's claim to have support of Portland's sheriff: 'It's a total fabrication'
    https://www.kptv.com/mike-reese-on-t...bb95d68d4.html
    *Wheels out John Oliver's "We Got Him Button"* We did it, we definitely caught him in a lie!

Oh, wait. Literally everything he said was provably a lie. As is the literally 10,000 other lies he has said since being elected President. None of that matters. Viewers don't follow up on claims like "The Portland Sheriff endorsed me". They just think it sounds true and go with it. This is the inherent problem of running against someone with zero regard for the truth. Biden spent half the debate just repeating "All of that is a lie", and it provably was, and yet we are still arguing about who won, because Trump has normalized lying to that extent.