Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... those were not both ‘yes’ or ‘no’ questions... If the article has this information, I wouldn’t need to ask. Good try though... 5 for effort...
    You clearly didn't read it as it answers your questions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    You clearly didn't read it as it answers your questions.
    If you read it, why can’t you say what it states, instead of just regurgitating that I didn’t read it? If the article has a point I missed, feel free to state it. As is, your posting proves I am right.

See... I can do that too... you didn’t read it... OMG is my smart...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If you read it, why can’t you say what it states, instead of just regurgitating that I didn’t read it? If the article has a point I missed, feel free to state it. As is, your posting proves I am right.
    I already said what it states, so you can go and read it if you want to prove me wrong.

I love that Russian propagandists actually think that people will believe their lies. Hint; even the GOP doesn't believe them. They just use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    I already said what it states, so you can go and read it if you want to prove me wrong.
    I’m sorry, I am now 100% sure you didn’t read it... just checked again... the article has nothing to do about people on forums reading it or not. Sorry...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I love that Russian propagandists actually think that people will believe their lies. Hint; even the GOP doesn't believe them. They just use them.
    I’m pretty sure both think they are ripping off the other...

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha!!! On Profootball talk... “I feel like I’m hosting vp debates, no one will answer my question”... “all that’s missing is a fly on your head”... “are you calling me a piece of something?”... “no, no, no...”

Too much... hilarious...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

5+ Year Old Account
    GOP in California has started their attempt to cheat and reduces votes.

They are setting up illegal and unofficial drop box locations.

Which we damn know it’s an attempt to have votes not be counted at official locations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...counties%3famp

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t think that. It is just doing a job.

Same like a person selling Herbal life crap knowing full well it doesn’t work like it claims.

trump has 2% chance on victory

For the record i am completely neutral my sole objective is predicting the winner (been correct since 04). My metric is silly and simple: yard signs. I look at the coverage of yard signs in a state to predict the victor. They are the best standard imop. Sadly it looks like trump lost this time around due to arizona, michigan, and pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post

For the record i am completely neutral my sole objective is predicting the winner (been correct since 04). My metric is silly and simple: yard signs. I look at the coverage of yard signs in a state to predict the victor. They are the best standard imop. Sadly it looks like trump lost this time around due to arizona, michigan, and pennsylvania.
    Betting odds are more like ~2-1 in favor of Biden. If there was anything I could bet on where I thought the true odds were 50-1 and someone offered me 2-1, I'd put up a fair bit of cash on it immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post

Mind me asking why you decided to be neutral?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I'm not sure you can really call yourself truly "neutral" when you say "sadly" in reference to Trump losing
    Let him answer my question first, goddammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Expand the court to 13/15 seats, establish Federal law mandating that SCOTUS have said number of members. Establish federal law that establishes a requirement that the court partisan distribution be no greater than 50%+1 seat; a 13-seat SCOTUS would be legally obliged to have no more than 7 representatives from a given party, and a 15-seat court no more than 8. Establish federal law that no more than one seat can be empty and the Court still sit, preventing any party from leaving seats open rather than fill them to maintain an advantage. Establish a code of conduct that mandates a separation of Church and State within the courts.

Ideally, I'd say a federal law to prevent any justice, at any level, from any partisan standing or membership whatsoever, currently or historically. But that's never gonna happen, in the USA.
    And a 10 year term limit with no option for re-confirmation.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you can really call yourself truly "neutral" when you say "sadly" in reference to Trump losing
    Correct phrasing would be: "I would like Trump Sir, whom I do not support, to know that I'm neutral and independent." Reason.com has been running that headline once a day now.

Anyways, I got yard signs for all of the Shy Biden voters in my life

Joe Biden's polling better than any challenger since 1936

Voters just dont care about the same things that Beltway pundits or Very Online people care about.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind me asking why you decided to be neutral?
    Not to mention, he's saying he's "neutral" when it comes to issues like the colossal mishandling of a pandemic leading to hundreds of thousands of American deaths, he's "neutral" with regard to white nationalism, etc.

That's not "neutral" at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And a 10 year term limit with no option for re-confirmation.
    15 year term limits with no option for re confirmation, but it applies retroactively to all trump appointees.
    In addition, whenever a seat is left open, an appeals judge from any appeals circuit in the US will be selected at random every 3 months to be an acting SCOTUS, until said seat is filled.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So according to Joe Biden, voters don't deserve to know what they're voting for.
    Republicans suddenly concerned about court packing has got to be the biggest case of hypocrisy in the history of mankind.

Are you aware of what Mitch McConnell has been doing these past 4 years?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    So according to Joe Biden, voters don't deserve to know what they're voting for.
    Mitch McConnel blocked an Obama SCOTUS appointment with about 8 months left until the next election in that term, and is now ramming one nominated by a Republican president through with less than a month left to the next election.

They have no leg to stand on in complaining about the Democrats resorting to increasing the amount of seats on the court here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TigTone View Post
    GOP in California has started their attempt to cheat and reduces votes.

They are setting up illegal and unofficial drop box locations.

Which we damn know it’s an attempt to have votes not be counted at official locations.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...counties%3famp

- - - Updated - - -

I’m pretty sure it doesn’t think that. It is just doing a job.

Same like a person selling Herbal life crap knowing full well it doesn’t work like it claims.
    What’s odd about the drop boxes, at least per the article, is that they’re apparently being installed in churches and having their locations specifically broadcasted to GOP constituents and are specifically being set up by the GOP... making me wonder what in the hell their game is. Wholesale throwing the ballots out seems pointless as they’d have primarily been in favor of the GOP. Maybe they intend to scour through them and toss out any democrat-leaning ones, but... like I said, that doesn’t seem like it’d amount to all that much benefit for them given the net they’re casting and especially considering legal eyes are already staring them down.

Maybe they want to unofficially collect GOP leaning ballots in an attempt to vote numerous times with the ballots they appropriated? I don’t really know how they’d pull that off though. Perhaps they intend to try and flip congressional district representatives and county-specific ballot measures after the fact by claiming these ballots were unfairly not counted and that those specific results are in jeopardy because of it and need to be litigated by GOP-sympathetic people who aren’t the voters? Seems somewhat pointless for them in California, where they don’t have a friend in the state willing to put up with their nonsense.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    What’s odd about the drop boxes, at least per the article, is that they’re apparently being installed in churches and having their locations specifically broadcasted to GOP constituents and are specifically being set up by the GOP... making me wonder what in the hell their game is. Wholesale throwing the ballots out seems pointless as they’d have primarily been in favor of the GOP. Maybe they intend to scour through them and toss out any democrat-leaning ones, but... like I said, that doesn’t seem like it’d amount to all that much benefit for them given the net they’re casting and especially considering legal eyes are already staring them down.

Maybe they want to unofficially collect GOP leaning ballots in an attempt to vote numerous times with the ballots they appropriated? I don’t really know how they’d pull that off though. Perhaps they intend to try and flip congressional district representatives and county-specific ballot measures after the fact by claiming these ballots were unfairly not counted and that those specific results are in jeopardy because of it and need to be litigated by GOP-sympathetic people who aren’t the voters? Seems somewhat pointless for them in California, where they don’t have a friend in the state willing to put up with their nonsense.
    Most likely GOP motive in 2020?
    Confusion and projection.

Confusion, they want to discredit the process as a whole.
    With a big assist from Conservative Media and Mainstream Media for running headlines like:
    "Unofficial ballot drop boxes found in three California counties"
    Instead of headlines like:
    "GOP Operatives placing unofficial ballot drop boxes found in three California counties"

Remember, the media always grades the GOP on a curve. And waits until paragraph 8 to actually attribute negative actions to the GOP. If the DNC did this, they would attribute Hillary in the headline or the lede.

Projection:
    If mild GOP voter Karen sees one fake ballot box by her church. Fox News will insinuate that Antifa has 3 fake ballot boxes at every black or latino church.
    Expect a couple of our Trump posters to run with this for the next 32 days. It will take Mark Dice about 4 days to cut a video, which they will link intermittently. Then Joe Rogan will interview some nitwit and "ask questions" about fake ballot boxes while high.
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2020-10-12 at 04:51 PM.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Milchshake View Post
    Most likely GOP motive in 2020?
    Confusion and projection.

Confusion, they want to discredit the process as a whole.
    With a big assist from Conservative Media and Mainstream Media for running headlines like:
    "Unofficial ballot drop boxes found in three California counties"
    Instead of headlines like:
    "GOP Operatives placing unofficial ballot drop boxes found in three California counties"

Remember, the media always grades the GOP on a curve. And waits until paragraph 8 to actually attribute negative actions to the GOP. If the DNC did this, they would attribute Hillary in the headline or the lede.

Projection:
    If mild GOP voter Karen sees one fake ballot box by her church. Fox News will insinuate that Antifa has 3 fake ballot boxes at every black or latino church.
    Expect 3 of our Trump posters to run with this for the next 32 days.
    I have half a mind to look up the laws regarding them, and if there are no laws protecting them and they're illegal trying to find one to go to town on with a baseball bat.

The fucking naked, brazen, shameless bad-faith actions of the Republican Party nationally are stunning. Based on their actions repeatedly trying to make it harder to vote and intentionally causing confusion and chaos, it's hard to come to any conclusion other than that the Republican party hates democracy.

- - - Updated - - -

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...itive-covid-19

10 days after testing positive, Trump's campaign manager is back in the office. I hope he doesn't spread the virus to campaign staffers, seriously. What the hell is wrong with these people that they can't abide by best practices. You test positive you isolate for two weeks.

- - - Updated - - -

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...83381187932160

White House Chief of Staff is incapable of talking to reporters while wearing a mask. A task that has not proven itself difficult for thousands of local, state, and national politicians. A task that's proven not difficult by millions of low-wage workers and responsible people every day.

And given the fact that he's Chief of Staff to a White House where covid is running rampant, it's a fair concern from media. Too bad he's such a sad, pathetic baby about it.

These are not the kind of weak cowards I want running this powerful country.

- - - Updated - - -

Trump's NSA: We're pulling out of Afghanistan by the end of the year no matter what.

Joint Chiefs Chairman Staff Gen. Mark Milley: Robert O'Brien, or anyone else, can speculate as they see fit, I am not going to engage in speculation, I'm going to engage in the rigorous analysis of the situation based on the conditions and the plans that I'm aware of in my conversations with the President.

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Mitch McConnel blocked an Obama SCOTUS appointment with about 8 months left until the next election in that term, and is now ramming one nominated by a Republican president through with less than a month left to the next election.

They have no leg to stand on in complaining about the Democrats resorting to increasing the amount of seats on the court here.
    As a Democrat, I really hope they adopt a "wait and see" approach to the Supreme Court. It's not clear to me that the new justices will behave like extremist right-wingers so the risk/reward of packing the court is unclear. You'd be unlikely to stop the Republicans from doing the same if you broke the seal on that tactic. Long-term it just seems like a bad, destabilizing strategy.