Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Trump was in Pennsylvania tr--

Nevermind, we're good.
    Ah, the incel approach. Doesnt work.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    Ah, the incel approach. Doesnt work.
    But he said please. Also isn’t he supposed to be weaned off his drugs?
    Last edited by TigTone; 2020-10-14 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    It’s about a 7 hour drive, if you take the fastest route on the 5 through central California cow country. The much prettier route, the 101, will probably take you 8-9. But, as you note, it’s a long way. Perhaps foreigners don’t usually know how large California is, and think SF and LA are close by merit of being in the same state.

The surprising thing to foreigners? Try driving 20 miles in Los Angeles. That’ll take you 45 minutes to an hour.
    I live in Buffalo, NY, and have had relatives from abroad land at JFK and call me for a ride home from the airport. I'm always like, "Oh, okay, see you in 8 hours." People sometimes don't realize how big the U.S. is. When I lived in Africa, I would say I was from Buffalo NY, and people would ask if I knew 50 Cent. I tried to explain that NY was a state with many cities, only one of which was NYC, but after awhile I just said, "Yes, yes I do know 50 Cent."

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Some more interesting figures; nearly 97% of all eligible voters in Travis County, Texas are registered to vote this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Airlines shouldn't have spent their last stimulus on stock buybacks. /shrug

Sorry to those CEO's, should have been more personally responsible with their money. We'll see how much Republicans like it when Atlanta gets turned into a Lufthansa hub.
    This is pretty significant. The issues facing Texas Democrats in the past are apathy and low voters turnout. A big factor contributing to that is nobody enjoy getting beat year after year. So they have pretty much given up.

Travis County is the most liberal county in Texas. The fact that 97% of Travis County citizens are now registered to vote and that more than 32,000 people had already voted in the county in one day are good news for Democrats. If we have the same situations in Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, Collin, Hidalgo, Denton and El Paso, especially Harris where the suburbs been slowly turning blue, I think Democrats have a real chance of turning Texas.

We are not talking polls anymore folks.

Addendum.

Harris County 103,000 plus already voted.

Here is North Carolina so far. Already at 12 percent of the total vote count in 2016.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-10-14 at 04:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    That is definitely a keeper. It's so disappointing to see how Blitzer has ended up. I remember him being a decent voice of reason on CNN.
    He's never been a decent voice of reason.

He's always been like this. He was the one on CNN who would parrot FoxNews Obama scandals like MustardGate or TanSuitGate or StarbucksCoffeeSaluteGate, and then try and be "balanced" by saying, "Is this an overreaction?" when the harm was already done by giving it air.

He's always just been a scandalmonger. He wants to fight with Pelosi in this interview. He's the Buffalo celebrity I'm ashamed of the most.

Plus, on election night he's a fucking nightmare because he doesn't know how to prounounce "projection"/"project," which he pronounces as "prejection"/"preject."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    From the article.
    No Republican has won the White House without winning the suburban vote by at least 4 percentage points since 2004.
    Remind me how many Republicans have won the White House since 2004 again? Seems like a dumb bit of analysis to end on.
    I think they just misspoke. Here's another article that has a similar quote, but more accurately stated:
    No Republican has won the presidency in the postwar era without winning the suburbs.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    This is pretty significant. The issues facing Texas Democrats in the past are apathy and low voters turnout. A big factor contributing to that is nobody enjoy getting beat year after year. So they have pretty much given up.

Travis County is the most liberal county in Texas. The fact that 97% of Travis County citizens are now registered to vote and that more than 32,000 people had already voted in the county in one day are good news for Democrats. If we have the same situations in Harris, Dallas, Tarrant, Bexar, Collin, Hidalgo, Denton and El Paso, especially Harris where the suburbs been slowly turning blue, I think Democrats have a real chance of turning Texas.

Addendum.

Here is North Carolina so far. Already at 12 percent of the total vote count in 2016.
    Yeah, like...

Given everything that happened in 2016 I'm hesitant to be hopeful for anything, but the amount of data we're seeing in terms of voter registration and participation, not to mention the sheer level of early voting the actual results of this election might rival or exceed 2008.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Hinastorm just wants any stimulus passed at this point, i don't agree with them, but it's their opinion. I think what the republican senators are proposing is like giving someone dying of thirst water laced with poison.

edit - I 100% think they need to pass something for the airline industry though. even if it is it's own thing like has been proposed.
    Let them issue debt and re-issue the stock they brought back.
    Many companies had to do this why should airlines be different?

Awwh, will all those exec's stock options be worthless...poor things

if they really want taxpayer money its time to pony up equity stakes so the american taxpayers can get a return on their investment like they have with the mortgage giants fanny and freddie.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

Addendum.

I live in the Harris Co burbs. The voting place by me had a line of at least 100 people before 7am which was when they opened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    So Trump was in Pennsylvania tr--

Nevermind, we're good.
    The press needs to ask Trump/his campaign just what he feels he saved the suburbs from.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    The press needs to ask Trump/his campaign just what he feels he saved the suburbs from.
    "Low-income housing".

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    I live in the Harris Co burbs. The voting place by me had a line of at least 100 people before 7am which was when they opened.
    My daughter is letting her employees in Dallas, Houston, San Antonio and Austin take time off with pay for volunteering at polling centers. Turnout it going to be critical for winning Texas.

In 2016 Harris County voted for Clinton overwhelmingly. However, only 39% of eligible voters in Harris County voted in 2016. If they can get it to 70% in 2020, that would be an incredible boost for Biden/Harris.

Overall, Texas voter turnout in 2016 was horrible at 42.6%. That's how GOP managed to stay in power.

If you want to see the breakdown of 2016 voter turnout for Texas on a county by county basis, you can find it here.

Here's where Texas voters turned out and where they didn't

As you can see below, the ten largest counties were all Democratic strongholds and their turnouts were horrible.

Last edited by Rasulis; 2020-10-14 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Let them issue debt and re-issue the stock they brought back.
    Many companies had to do this why should airlines be different?

Awwh, will all those exec's stock options be worthless...poor things

if they really want taxpayer money its time to pony up equity stakes so the american taxpayers can get a return on their investment like they have with the mortgage giants fanny and freddie.
    I got the message ya'll want these tens of thousands of employee's to be without work loud and clear already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump says they might do a town hall Thursday maybe.

"Isn't Thursday literally tomorrow? Isn't it a bit late for maybe?"

Vice President Pence on Tuesday said such an event is in the works for the president, and the campaign is reportedly in talks with NBC about hosting.

No formal event has been announced, and there may be safety concerns given President Trump's recent COVID-19 diagnosis and the number of cases among White House and campaign staff.

"The American people deserve to see both candidates square off, and the president's made it very clear that he was ready to debate this week," Pence told Julie Mason on SiriusXM.

"I think there's plans underway for us to have a similar public town hall event Thursday night. I think Joe Biden is doing the same, but how much better would it be if they were both on the stage, both taking the tough questions from people like you?" Pence added.
    Remember, Trump was the one who caused stricter enforcment of the rules, and because of the stricter enforcement of the rules, he cancelled. This is on him. If he wanted to debate on schedule, he should have worn the damn mask, socially distanced, or you know, done almost anything to prevent the lethal outbreak from infecting himself and his family or the eight million Americans who were also infected. It's about two-hundred twenty thousand people too late to play the victim here.

I don't know what Team Trump expects from NBC News, but I get the feeling Trump won't be anywhere near the people asking questions -- they might not be in the same state. If so, and he agrees anyhow, it's proof he wussed out of the second debate's online format because he's a coward.

To the best of my knowledge, the Oct 22 debate is still planned, and I'm not 100% sure but I think that's the last one. I think that the middle one wasn't delayed but flat-out canceled.

Or an alternate version is if his workers had better skills they could work somewhere else. It's a free market and all.

And he isn't skimming profits off me, hes offering me value. I don't have to go into town to multiple shops. My goods come to me, cheaply.

He also makes money by innovating. See all those trees that didn't get cut down because of kindles or AWS.

I found your post utterly biased. I'm not saying theres not kernels of truth in it, but wow.

I got the message ya'll want these tens of thousands of employee's to be without work loud and clear already.
    So wait, because a company that has value and the ability to raise capital....does not get free money from taxpayers....you think you have anyone to blame but those companies?

Well shit where is the 100 billion for media and newspaper companies first. they did not even get round one the airlines got.
    So the message is you want those hundreds of thousands of employees to be without work....?

They can raise capital just fine. They can issue debt. they can issue stock.

Go look up Siriusxm. in 2008-2009 they were in the same situation. No bail out, so what did they do?
    Issued stock, debt and found a huge investor to buy a majority stake in the company.

Now they are making over a billion a year in profit, including during covid.

So why do they need a taxpayer bail out to save jobs? They don't even want to have to pay it back? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    who gives a shit about Celebrity Jeopardy? Not even people who watch Jeopardy really care about it. The only good thing to come of it was the SNL skits.

Did you post this because he rightfully called out Pelosi, she snapped, and ended up looking god awful? Not to surprising, I know many on her attack anyone who speak ill of team blue. Nancy even admitted she didn't want send out another check with Trump's name on it. Purely political motivation, and showing she is no better than Trump. Both bills are kind of shitty but if Trump loses the chance of getting anything past till Feb goes to near zero. The group think in this forum is disturbing.
    Bah another check with his name on it was just one problem with the bill. It was bullshit he even put his name on the last one and you know it.

The other major one was liability protection, which is total bullshit and included billions in payments to corporations to pay them for covid cost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Or an alternate version is if his workers had better skills they could work somewhere else. It's a free market and all.

And he isn't skimming profits off me, hes offering me value. I don't have to go into town to multiple shops. My goods come to me, cheaply.

He also makes money by innovating. See all those trees that didn't get cut down because of kindles or AWS.

I found your post utterly biased. I'm not saying theres not kernels of truth in it, but wow.
    LOL innovating......

No he just managed to just do everything cheaper that was already there by taking advantage of things like labor and taxes. More credit should be given to marketing then innovation
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

So wait, because a company that has value and the ability to raise capital....does not get free money from taxpayers....you think you have anyone to blame but those companies?

Well shit where is the 100 billion for media and newspaper companies first. they did not even get round one the airlines got.
    So the message is you want those hundreds of thousands of employees to be without work....?

They can raise capital just fine. They can issue debt. they can issue stock.

Go look up Siriusxm. in 2008-2009 they were in the same situation. No bail out, so what did they do?
    Issued stock, debt and found a huge investor to buy a majority stake in the company.

Now they are making over a billion a year in profit, including during covid.

So why do they need a taxpayer bail out to save jobs? They don't even want to have to pay it back? Why?

- - - Updated - - -

Bah another check with his name on it was just one problem with the bill. It was bullshit he even put his name on the last one and you know it.

The other major one was liability protection, which is total bullshit and included billions in payments to corporations to pay them for covid cost.
    No, This is what you right here right now advocating for these and possibly more to not have a job. You are now argueing tens of thousands of people maybe a hundred thousand before all is done, who lost their job, who didn't need to lose their job, but did lose their job, because there is no bailout for them. These people with no where to go because no place worth a damn is hiring. You think execs are gonna hurt if there is no bailout? bah they got their 10's-100's of millions already in their bank accounts. The bailout, literally keeps people on the payroll. What is this kind of naive arguement you even making thinking these holier than thou CEO's with said millions are suddenly going to what actually needs to be done? Maybe a handful might, but yeah, there is not 1 single solitary passenger airline in the entire world, that is not hemorrhaging millions of dollars every single day. not one. Cargo is fine, but passenger? not 1. But yeah, while they are in survivor mode, travel restrictions, covid, you name it, barely anyone is flying, and what goes? jobs. If you are against the bailout then you are against people having jobs. @Elegiac get's this, I don't agree with them, but at least they get it. So why don't you?

The whole 'cheque with his name on it' thing was a dumb right wing talking point. Pelosi said Trump was only doing it as a political move in order to have a cheque go out with his name on it pre-election. And she's right. That wasn't her ground to reject it, she was pointing out his bad faith move.

I don't particularly like some of Pelosi's archaic tactics and views, but she's right regarding the bill. The GOP will fleece everyone with theirs.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2020-10-14 at 11:08 AM.

No, This is what you right here right now advocating for these and possibly more to not have a job. You are now argueing tens of thousands of people maybe a hundred thousand before all is done, who lost their job, who didn't need to lose their job, but did lose their job, because there is no bailout for them. These people with no where to go because no place worth a damn is hiring. You think execs are gonna hurt if there is no bailout? bah they got their 10's-100's of millions already in their bank accounts. The bailout, literally keeps people on the payroll. What is this kind of naive arguement you even making thinking these holier than thou CEO's with said millions are suddenly going to what actually needs to be done? Maybe a handful might, but yeah, there is not 1 single solitary passenger airline in the entire world, that is not hemorrhaging millions of dollars every single day. not one. Cargo is fine, but passenger? not 1. But yeah, while they are in survivor mode, travel restrictions, covid, you name it, barely anyone is flying, and what goes? jobs. If you are against the bailout then you are against people having jobs. @Elegiac get's this, I don't agree with them, but at least they get it. So why don't you?
    You ignored the question.

Why can't they issue debt?
    Why can't they raise capital through stock issuance?
    Why can't they offer equity stakes to taxpayers for huge loans like auto-banks did in 2008-2009
    Why do they want a bailout with no requirement to pay back?

you realize they can do all this right?

Shit if 2008-2009 tarp operated like you want airlines to, we would have about 1.5 trillion more in debt on the books right now.

Oh i get it, you want your job saved and the company has convinced you or you convinced yourself they need taxpayer money with no repayment in order to do something that has a dozen other solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    The whole 'cheque with his name on it' thing was such a dumb right wing talking point. If I recall, Pelosi said Trump was only doing it as a political move in order to have a cheque go out with his name on it pre-election. And she's right. That wasn't her ground to reject it, she was pointing out his bad faith move.

I don't particularly like some of Pelosi's archaic tactics and views, but she's right regarding the bill. The GOP will fleece everyone with theirs.
    Its bullshit at this point because not a single payment would go out before the election. Only possible payments would be electronic.
    So its bullshit that Pelosi even cares about a check going out with his name on it.

its deflection from the real problems with what the republicans want.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

You ignored the question.

Why can't they issue debt?
    Why can't they raise capital through stock issuance?
    Why can't they offer equity stakes to taxpayers for huge loans like auto-banks did in 2008-2009
    Why do they want a bailout with no requirement to pay back?

you realize they can do all this right?

Shit if 2008-2009 tarp operated like you want airlines to, we would have about 1.5 trillion more in debt on the books right now.

Oh i get it, you want your job saved and the company has convinced you or you convinced yourself they need taxpayer money with no repayment in order to do something that has a dozen other solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

Its bullshit at this point because not a single payment would go out before the election. Only possible payments would be electronic.
    So its bullshit that Pelosi even cares about a check going out with his name on it.

its deflection from the real problems with what the republicans want.
    No you have convinced yourself that these airlines will do any of these things. They won't. none of them are doing this. why are none of them doing this? they've had months and months to do this. they are suddenly gonna do this? wtf? no, they'll just fire people. they already have.