CTH got banned for advocating extrajudicial killings, but ok... keep on thinking its pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    A lot of the new policy stuff also seems more driven by profit than about any sense of morality or ethics.
    Shocking, a for-profit company that's struggled with financial stability is putting more of a focus on financial stability over some wish washy sense of "ethics"?

Eg. the main reason why CTH got banned:
    Citation needed*

Because I've seen a helluva lot worse than just that on there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    CTH got quarantined for a lot more reasons than just those in that screenshot, we both know that. But that discussion is neither here nor there for what this thread's purpose is about.

That aside, I think hateful is the perfect word for a now banned sub that had a bunch of TERFs in it.
    It’s bullshit... Reddit moderators revolted last week, demanding this:

Racism Is Rampant on Reddit, and Its Editors Are in Open Revolt
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/techn...in-open-revolt
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/29/bide...-tax-cuts.html

But even before the coronavirus crisis effectively froze the U.S. economy and sent unemployment skyrocketing, Trump’s “irresponsible sugar-high tax cuts had already pushed us into a trillion-dollar deficit,” Biden said.

“I’m going to get rid of the bulk of Trump’s $2 trillion tax cut,” Biden continued, “and a lot of you may not like that but I’m going to close loopholes like capital gains and stepped up basis.”

Biden also said he would raise the corporate tax rate to 28%, which he said would raise an estimated $1.3 trillion over the next decade. The Trump tax cuts had shrunk corporate taxes to 21% from 35%.
    Well, he's at least signaling that he's not terribly fond of the Trump tax cuts and will sign them away if Congress sends the legislation to his desk. If they can actually close the loopholes for corporations the tax cut from the 35% could be offset...but I'm doubtful that's likely to happen. And he's making it easy if Republicans keep the Senate, because there's no way in hell they're voting to do away with the Trump tax cuts.

The screenshot I linked was the official answer from one of reddits main moderators in one of the official threads explaining the new policies, as explanation why the CTH had to be quarantined. It had very little to do with hate and more with pressure from the Indian government. I mean, it hardly makes sense for anyone who puts a bit of rational thought behind it that CTH would be part of a banwave against racism... That subreddit was the main whistleblower when it came to pointing out racism on reddit and / or reddit staff not doing anything about it. I suppose getting rid of the complainers is one way to make it appear as if you solved the problem...

Was there worse stuff on there? Sure sometimes maybe, but as far as I noticed the CTH mods were on top of that, the random posts declaring all cops or wealthy people needed murdered were always quickly removed and the posters banned. Seems more a case of centrist / liberal nutcasery to me to try and oppose or silence leftist / progressive views.
    Do you have a link to the actual post? Seems to be from today's announcement, but for the life of me I cannot find the specific post to confirm literally anything you say. This is why I continue to tell you that screencaps are hot-garbage and links to the actual posts matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The screenshot I linked was the official answer from one of reddits main moderators in one of the official threads explaining the new policies, as explanation why the CTH had to be quarantined. It had very little to do with hate and more with pressure from the Indian government. I mean, it hardly makes sense for anyone who puts a bit of rational thought behind it that CTH would be part of a banwave against racism... That subreddit was the main whistleblower when it came to pointing out racism on reddit and / or reddit staff not doing anything about it. I suppose getting rid of the complainers is one way to make it appear as if you solved the problem...

Was there worse stuff on there? Sure sometimes maybe, but as far as I noticed the CTH mods were on top of that, the random posts declaring all cops or wealthy people needed murdered were always quickly removed and the posters banned. Seems more a case of centrist / liberal nutcasery to me to try and oppose or silence leftist / progressive views.
    Than why did the CEO of Reddit meet with revolting mods and said something would be done about hate speech?
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    It’s bullshit... Reddit moderators revolted last week, demanding this:

Racism Is Rampant on Reddit, and Its Editors Are in Open Revolt
    https://www.bloombergquint.com/techn...in-open-revolt
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Do you have a link to the actual post? Seems to be from today's announcement, but for the life of me I cannot find the specific post to confirm literally anything you say. This is why I continue to tell you that screencaps are hot-garbage and links to the actual posts matter.
    Link to /r/Kashmir:

https://www.reddit.com/r/kashmir/
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I'm specifically referencing the screencapped post that doesn't include timestamps, usernames, or anything so that we can confirm literally anything in it.

10+ Year Old Account

Than why does /r/Kashmir still exist? Someone defending these hate speech channels is trying to sow division? Say it ain't so...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm specifically referencing the screencapped post that doesn't include timestamps, usernames, or anything so that we can confirm literally anything in it.
    I’m pointing out that removing a hate speech channel because of Kashmir doesn’t make sense, because of /r/Kashmir.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, @Rochana... why is it when I search for ‘table’ on Reddit, the first thing it shows is /r/table? Could you explain to me how to search for “Kashmir”, so any forum other than /r/Kashmir shows up first? I tried this with several basic words and each one returned /r/‘that word’... that doesn’t seem to agree with the screen grab you provided. It forces me to use the app, is it different in the site?

If I had the privilege of receiving the President’s Daily Brief, I would be damn sure to read it. Daily.
    https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/sta...002091009?s=19

I think this is a great campaign slogan or at least some attack ad against Trump and his dereliction towards Russia's bounty.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how /r/Kashmir existing is an issue? It's just a regional news subreddit, most of which articles seem to have a pro-Indian bent.

Search results from quarantined or private subreddits don't show in in general search, so the CTH post condemning India for their actions thus also doesn't show in search anymore since today.

Also, why do you refer to CTH as a 'hate speech' channel? What specifically did they state that was supposedly hate speech?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/announcemen...olicy/fwdxyu4/

From the same place your screenshot above came from.

Chapo was not above openly calling for violence and organising harassment campaigns.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see how /r/Kashmir existing is an issue? It's just a regional news subreddit, most of which articles seem to have a pro-Indian bent.
    How about you answer my question and explain how I have to search for “Kashmir”, so that’s not the first link?

Search results from quarantined or private subreddits don't show in in general search, so the CTH post condemning India for their actions thus also doesn't show in search anymore since today.
    I told you... show me a single word, we’re searching it, wouldn’t result in /r/said word, as the first hit? Your screen grab claims it was... I’m still waiting for you to tell me how...

Also, why do you refer to CTH as a 'hate speech' channel? What specifically did they state that was supposedly hate speech?
    Because they are well known for it? They are a known troll factory, that sends out people from places like Poland, to act like they are from Florida. I know... it’s strange... but, that’s the sort of “clientele” chapo had.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.reddit.com/r/announcemen...olicy/fwdxyu4/

From the same place your screenshot above came from.

Chapo was not above openly calling for violence and organising harassment campaigns.
    Funny enough... Skroe’s last words are on that list...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just going to... ignore it, because your posts like often rarely make any sense or reason to me.
    In other words... you posted a screen grab, that makes a claim you can not replicate. A screen grab, that you can’t link to the actual source. Thank you!

Edit: I only trust screen grabs taken with a Nikon P900 or P1000... everything else is a NASA hoax. You screen grab, did not look P900 worthy... you can’t even see the moon. lol

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe it's me, but a lot of those things on that list seem pretty tame to me.
    Yes, they got banned for the not so tame lot. lol

To quote the great Rubin Report, when discussing liberals with Hannity. Authoritarians, like authoritarianism. Real men of genius!
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-30 at 02:56 PM.

I'm just going to... ignore it, because your posts like often rarely make any sense or reason to me.
    So, you got caught making shit up, can't provide receipts, and are abandoning ship.

If you wonder why many folks here don't take you very seriously, this is why.

The_Donald community that was still on Reddit had been dead for months anyway, they migrated off site a while ago after the admins started to squeeze them a bit, this is just a formality on the part of the Reddit admins.

Banning a bunch of hateful sub is good none the less though, with places like r/consumeproduct and r/gendercritical also going.
    They banned gendercritical??

A shame tbh

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Baring a profound miracle, I cannot see how any president survives a headline like "Nearly half the U.S. population is without a job, showing how far the labor recovery has to go".

The employment-population ratio — the number of employed people as a percentage of the U.S. adult population — plunged to 52.8% in May, meaning 47.2% of Americans are jobless.
    I am actually more surprised that this isn't the sole issue on the table. No political party can in my honest opinion survive that kind of unemployment numbers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Baring a profound miracle, I cannot see how any president survives a headline like "Nearly half the U.S. population is without a job, showing how far the labor recovery has to go".

I am actually more surprised that this isn't the sole issue on the table. No political party can in my honest opinion survive that kind of unemployment numbers.
    And the reason they're not using the LFPR is to be alarmist.

Including retirees and children and homemakers and the disabled in your figures is not particularly reasonable.

No, it's because I literally don't understand his posts or what he's asking.

I know what you were asking for, but we've had this discussion before, I don't keep an archive or spreadsheet of everything I read or screenshotted one time...
    Given how frequently you get called out for posting screenshots of text that can never be found for confirmation that what you're linking is accurate, maybe you should.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/polit...elp/index.html

The Senate will incorporate the annual intelligence policy legislation into the National Defense Authorization Act -- but only after stripping language from the intelligence bill that would have required presidential campaigns to report offers of foreign election help.

Sen. Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat on the Senate Intelligence Committee, said Tuesday that Senate Republicans forced the removal of the election reporting provision as a condition to include the intelligence bill on the must-pass defense policy legislation.
    Reminder of what each party stands for in the upcoming election.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's because I literally don't understand his posts or what he's asking.
    Bullshit!

You seemed to understand here... So... now show me how to search for any single word, like Kashmir, to result in the first recommendation being anything other than said word. I’m saying that based on how search results are working, when CTH was up, searching “Kashmir”, resulted in /r/Kashmir as the first hit.

I know what you were asking for, but we've had this discussion before, I don't keep an archive or spreadsheet of everything I read or screenshotted one time...
    Yes, you keep a screen shot, not a record... lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Given how frequently you get called out for posting screenshots of text that can never be found for confirmation that what you're linking is accurate, maybe you should.
    It’s why when you take a screen shot of web site, the professional way to do it, would include the URL bar. Otherwise, the point is to keep it out of context and unverifiable.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-30 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it's like you're speaking a different language and/or see reason where I see none.
    I don’t speak Polish... you suddenly understood, despite me saying nothing different. Shocking!!!!

I suppose I couldn't understand you because what you said was... not true?
    What do you mean it’s not true? You just showed a Reddit search, where forums are not being taken down for discussing Kashmir, as you claimed.