10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    Side note, the really issue here is lifetime positions. There is no way to escape that these appointments are partisan. Partisan appointments should fundamentally be restricted by term. Otherwise there is literally no way to ensure there is any impartial branch of government overtime.
    Lifetime appointments and no retirement age.

I don't care what political office you're serving in; once you're 70, you're out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Lifetime appointments and no retirement age.

I don't care what political office you're serving in; once you're 70, you're out.
    I find this insistence on 'constitutionalists' and 'originalists' to be asinine. Times change, laws need to evolve. Otherwise all might as well resort to the code of Hamurrabi and pack it in. And yes, I'm aware that the constitutionalist/originalist approach is just an excuse for resisting structural reform.

even if you live in a deep blue state still vote
    padding the popular vote numbers will be important for the legitimacy of biden winning imagine something like 55-43, trump cant claim 12 points are all just illegal immigrants.. well he will but thats nearly impossible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    even if you live in a deep blue state still vote
    padding the popular vote numbers will be important for the legitimacy of biden winning imagine something like 55-43, trump cant claim 12 points are all just illegal immigrants.. well he will but thats nearly impossible
    He claimed Obama had 45% unemployment. The magnitude of Trump lying has no limits...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    QUICK, SOMEBODY GET A SHARPIE!

Seriously though, I hope it's not too bad and that state and federal disaster resources are ready to be mobilized to support people.
    I'm sure the federal resource is in play. Singular. The one guy, the acting head most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Side note, the really issue here is lifetime positions. There is no way to escape that these appointments are partisan. Partisan appointments should fundamentally be restricted by term. Otherwise there is literally no way to ensure there is any impartial branch of government overtime.
    Honestly I understand the overal argument that an lifetime appointment should make them less partisan, I mean idea of not having to worry about future employment should mean that you can be honest in your decisions.

The fact that it isn't is maybe just shows you how thoroughly vetted these people are. Probably to the point that they actually believe there own propaganda.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Honestly I understand the overal argument that an lifetime appointment should make them less partisan, I mean idea of not having to worry about future employment should mean that you can be honest in your decisions.

The fact that it isn't is maybe just shows you how thoroughly vetted these people are. Probably to the point that they actually believe there own propaganda.
    If only Kings thought that. 'Hey, I'll be in charge forever, so let's be nice to everyone'. Fat chance. EVERYONE has an agenda. And agendas changes, which is a good thing and a bad thing. But the key is to ensure there are checks and balances in place to prevent wide and sweeping corruption.

10+ Year Old Account
    538 has bumped Biden to 89/11... I don’t think the Hunter story is working...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    The Supreme Court is really all over the place with their decisions. Wisconsin can't count ballots after election day, but North Carolina can.

Absentee ballots in North Carolina can be received and counted up to 9 days after election day, Supreme Court rules
    North Carolina polling is much closer than PA. They're probably hoping that counting all the votes there makes it a GOP win.

I hope Roberts is happy with his fucking court being a sham now.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    The Supreme Court is really all over the place with their decisions. Wisconsin can't count ballots after election day, but North Carolina can.

Absentee ballots in North Carolina can be received and counted up to 9 days after election day, Supreme Court rules
    Not really.

They are consistent in upholding laws that have been in place for some time,and are only striking down the ones that were passed recently, on the pretense that changing election laws close to an election (and after people have voted, in some cases) is problematic and can create confusion.

I don't have a problem with that on principle, if applied fairly and across the board. I have a problem with the right wing concurring opinion that basically says they reserve the right to change their mind after election day if they feel like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bad news for ethno-supremacists out there.

Our new GA poll finds Jon Ossoff leading David Perdue 47-44, with Libertarian Shane Hazel at 3. Ossoff was up 44-43 on our previous poll.

Since then Perdue's approval has dropped from 41/46 to 39/49 in the wake of his racist comments about Kamala Harris:

Maybe the macaca moment of 2020.
    Government Affiliated Snark

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    If only Fox news had made copies of the incriminating documents before mailing them.

Biden is still around +8.9/9 in the polls. No tightening of note so far on a national level.

1. Arizona +3.5
    2. Florida +2.1
    3. Georgia +1.7
    4. Iowa +1.6
    5. Nevada +6.3
    6. North Carolina +2.3
    5. Pennsylvania +5.2
    6. Texas -1.0

Make no mistake, this is a tight election. Voting still needs to be off the charts to prevent ratfucking. 77 million have voted so far.

I find this insistence on 'constitutionalists' and 'originalists' to be asinine. Times change, laws need to evolve. Otherwise all might as well resort to the code of Hamurrabi and pack it in. And yes, I'm aware that the constitutionalist/originalist approach is just an excuse for resisting structural reform.
    I hope this comforts some of you, but the "resisting structural reform" shtick was paramount of the conservative parties here. Even when gradual reforms were proposed (by Bachellet) they were dismissed instantly. And it backfired. Spectacularly.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account

Is this what you want MMO-C?

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Of course it's not working, the Democrats can simply point back to trump and his supporters, and fucking laugh in their faces. The GOP doesn't EVER get to pretend to have principles or morals. You know what... strike that. When every Trump supporter eventually dies of old age, and the GOP condemns the actions of the Trumpsters, then they can make amends.

I'll be long dead before that happens.

It will be either Trump or Harris.

That Biden guy, I saw his last performance he needs a nursing home.
    I give him a few more years when he can chill in his chair in peace, as president a few months at best.

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    It will be either Trump or Harris.

That Biden guy, I saw his last performance he needs a nursing home.
    I give him a few more years when he can chill in his chair in peace, as president a few months at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post

Is this what you want MMO-C?
    Yes. Yes it is.
    Putin khuliyo