Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    I think she has a better chance than Hillary or Sarah Palin. I honestly think that’s why she was picked as VP. I think they’re grooming her.
    Women don't want to vote for women the rust belt would not go for her she has better chance than those two but that isn't saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Women don't want to vote for women the rust belt would not go for her she has better chance than those two but that isn't saying much.
    15% more women voted for Hillary than Trump in 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    No you don't get it it's not about left or right anymore what does Trump, Obama and Bernie have in common populism. That's what the DNC seems to miss in 2016 people want change whether it's from the left or the right that's why centrism is doomed to lose power. You either stand for something or nothing at all voters aren't happy with the establishment.

People don't care about policy anymore they just want change that's why Biden got such a lukewarm victory.
    So the people just want change, and a candidate offering massive change from the current one only gets a lukewarm victory... I will argue that most people do NOT want change, and that is why any sharp change is overturned within 6 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Despite Trump’s horrifying history with women...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I think she has a better chance than Hillary or Sarah Palin. I honestly think that’s why she was picked as VP. I think they’re grooming her.

- - - Updated - - -

More liked than Omar, which is who I’m talking about. Try keeping up.
    Kept up just fine. Point stands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    So the people just want change, and a candidate offering massive change from the current one only gets a lukewarm victory... I will argue that most people do NOT want change, and that is why any sharp change is overturned within 6 years.
    More than 4 million votes... Luke warm... largest vote count in US history... noice...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Nope.
    Had Bernie been the candidate you'd be wondering what happened.
    lol nope I'm wondering right now what happened, how this election wasn't an all out rejection of Trump.

Stop acting like you know everything. We've had 2 elections in a row of "wtf just happened"

No you don't get it it's not about left or right anymore what does Trump, Obama and Bernie have in common populism. That's what the DNC seems to miss in 2016 people want change whether it's from the left or the right that's why centrism is doomed to lose power. You either stand for something or nothing at all voters aren't happy with the establishment.

People don't care about policy anymore they just want change that's why Biden got such a lukewarm victory.
    Plenty of people care about policy.

I would vote for the most bland boring person imaginable if they had good policy ideas and I liked what they wanted to do for the country.

And had Martin O'Malley won the nomination in 2016, I would have gladly done so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Woods View Post
    LOL never change guys. I guess you won't because conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I do care what people on this forum think of me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    This site is amazing. It's comments like this, that make this site amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Plenty of people care about policy.

I would vote for the most bland boring person imaginable if they had good policy ideas and I liked what they wanted to do for the country.

And had Martin O'Malley won the nomination in 2016, I would have gladly done so.
    You, unfortunately, aren’t most voters, and giving credit to masses that have shown themselves to be both stupid and selfish. Covid has been eye opening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Biden won about the same percentage of women...

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this "Bernie would have won even biglier!" talk is not useful at this time.

Take this victory as what it is: a victory. A rejection of Trump. Two things that were sorely needed for the United States.Two things that detractors cannot take away from the democratic party.

Trying to defuse or lessen it by saying "But did the liberals really win?" is patently dishonest and, ultimately, quite harmful to actual progress.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Trying to defuse or lessen it by saying "But did the liberals really win?" is patently dishonest and, ultimately, quite harmful to actual progress.
    Look who is pushing it... harm is all they do...

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    You, unfortunately, aren’t most voters.
    Maybe most voters should take some civics classes in high school before they vote then.

It's super basic shit. Policy is not complicated in big picture terms.

"Raise taxes and provide better social services, leading to increased economic freedom".

"Provide incentives for power production companies to shift to renewables in order to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels".

"Don't let the police shoot black people in the street for no actual reason".

Really basic stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Maybe most voters should take some civics classes in high school before they vote then.

It's super basic shit. Policy is not complicated in big picture terms.

"Raise taxes and provide better social services, leading to increased economic freedom".

"Provide incentives for power production companies to shift to renewables in order to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels".

"Don't let the police shoot black people in the street for no actual reason".

Really basic stuff.
    That’s what I alluded to with the unfortunately bit.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    That’s what I alluded to with the unfortunately bit.
    Maybe I should run for local office on a platform of teaching high schoolers not to be fucking societal morons.

I'm in a blue state, it could probably work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not where it mattered. Very important thing to note.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I think this "Bernie would have won even biglier!" talk is not useful at this time.

Take this victory as what it is: a victory. A rejection of Trump. Two things that were sorely needed for the United States.Two things that detractors cannot take away from the democratic party.

fact of the matter is we still have to contend with at least an evenly split congress so nothing at least somewhat palatable to repubs is gonna get through.
    biden is apparently skilled in negotiating so that is a hopeful sign.
    a lot hinges on the georgia election later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    fact of the matter is we still have to contend with at least an evenly split congress so nothing at least somewhat palatable to repubs is gonna get through.
    Obama brought the country out of a recession despite having two houses of congress stacked against him. I'm sure Biden will succeed.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by starlord View Post
    I think Biden also knows where the bodies are buried to a certain extent. Dude has been in Congress longer than I've been alive.

If he has Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell both willing to work with him, it's either because they know he isn't going to push very hard (which I think is wrong, because the Dem base would be furious and sit out for the midterms) or they know that he has leverage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    More than 4 million votes... Luke warm... largest vote count in US history... noice...
    Smaller margin of victory than Obama had over Romney or McCain despite a massive "Get out the vote" campaign against the worst president in living memory.. Dems lost House seats. A significant number of Biden voters voted against Trump and not for Biden. So yes, lukewarm.