Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    A data scientist who lives in Georgia and was tracking the race actually alerted the Fayette election supervisor about the numbers not making any sense last week... He was told that all the ballots were counted...

Guess who's out of the job now.
    I mean, Afaik this will be the biggest and the only case where 2600 votes suddenly show up.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-vide...mpression=true

So a Senator asked a Secretary of State to commit voter fraud. Nothing will happen.

To be clear the Georgia Secretary of State, a Republican saying this.
    Wonder if he'd be willing to testify to that in court, and then what Ms. Lindsey has to say about it.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I find myself slipping into what the kids call "doomer" territory lately. My brain says our system has thought this kind of thing through and things will be fine and Biden will be sworn in this coming January, but I keep feeling this sense of dread in my bones. They're trying their damndest to change the results and it only takes one of their tactics working for things to start unraveling.

Could just be the tequila in me. I gotta stop drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp-vide...mpression=true

So a Senator asked a Secretary of State to commit voter fraud. Nothing will happen.

To be clear the Georgia Secretary of State, a Republican saying this.
    He may be a republican but he is also getting nonstop death threats from republicans who expect him to give the state to Trump. Getting this kind of harassment from senators has to be really hard for him making him feel like he doesn't even have the support of his own party.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xmirrors View Post
    I find myself slipping into what the kids call "doomer" territory lately. My brain says our system has thought this kind of thing through and things will be fine and Biden will be sworn in this coming January, but I keep feeling this sense of dread in my bones. They're trying their damndest to change the results and it only takes one of their tactics working for things to start unraveling.

They are going to try their damndest to change the results, but at this point there isn't anything that could "reasonably" change the results.

If this makes you feel any better? (Lol) no matter what happens we're probably ending up witha republican senate, meaning nothing meaningful will get done on either side, since it would be divided government regardless of the president.

I'm personally still irrationally holding onto hope that we can get the senate, cause my household stands to get a TON of money if they do the retroactive unemployment payments that the house passed a long time ago. Until then, poverty feelsbadman.
    Last edited by Hinastorm; 2020-11-17 at 05:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

If it helps, your election is basically taking place on a global stage. Everyone's watching. Pretty much no government of any of your allies is supportive of the Trump regime, nor any shenanigans they might engage in to steal the election, however dishonest or illegal they may be.

It wouldn't just be Biden and Democrats supporting a peaceful transition. It's basically the entire developed world. A Trump coup is going to pretty much immediately lead to international sanctions and action.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I’m hoping for a whistleblower that has some hardcore evidence against Trump... someone close to him that’s been hearing all the illegal shit he’s been trying to do.
    There are dozens of them, depends on how strong these NDA's that trumps employees have to sign are.

Almost all of them would sell Trump out in a heartbeat to make millions off a book.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I’m hoping for a whistleblower that has some hardcore evidence against Trump... someone close to him that’s been hearing all the illegal shit he’s been trying to do.
    Won't matter - he's pretty much immune from prosecution during his Residency. What we need to look for are actions prior to his Residency or actions taken by his organization where he is culpable. NYStateAG and NYC Manhattan DA are supposedly ready to move once he's out of office.

The UK is looking on at this as if hes a spoilt child that needs a good spanking. The BBC and Sky which is what I generally watch are trying to be professional but you can almost see them rolling their eyes and snorting. Thats not to say Trump couldn't pull a coup out of this (though it feels really really unlikely). Thats why constant and heavy pressure needs to be put on the orange squatter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    *nods* Trump supporters learned quite early on that when the president says something you have to wait for his spokesperson to come along playing "what he meant was..." and Trump's inevitable contradiction. Then someone from Fox news or Breitbart will repackage it to the most palatable form and Trump will pretend that's what he said all along, and that's when the cultists can start regurgitating.
    I sometimes wonder if half those chuds would even have political opinions if they weren't being poured directly into their empty craniums by clickbait shitlord shills on Youtube and the like.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    I'm not some Joe Biden superfan, but you need to understand the intricacies of what you're talking about. Flipping a state is a collective effort, and in fact more down to the local state staff than an overarching Presidential campaign. You can take it in writing that even Bernie would've struggled to flip Texas. It's a long game, and even though there were certain moves being made to flip state legislatures and house seats over the last few years, Texas still has a LOT of conservative issues that need addressing before it properly starts transitioning. The ground game and congress needs to take shit seriously, for sure. But like Stacey Abrams proved with Georgia, and Cindy McCain showed with Arizona, it's more about the influence on the ground. A Presidential candidate doing ads or rallies isn't gonna change diddly. That's the last layer of the cake, not the crust, if you get my analogy.
    I'm not saying Bernie would've flipped Texas. I'm saying that the only argument in Biden's favour is that he'd win more states because as a lacklustre Democrat he's more appealing. But his performance showed no such thing, he scraped into office against an incredibly weak opponent. If it weren't for Trump's historic unpopularity, he would've been an also-ran and the Republicans would easily sail into a second term.

- - - Updated - - -

There's more than enough in the public record already to send him away for what passes for the rest of his life.

The problem is that the US system is so broken that people in power are rarely if ever held accountable for their crimes. No modern US President has - Nixon is the only one who came close and he had his successor pardon him to escape justice. When Reagan left office, GHWB blanket pardoned all the Iran-Contra fuckos. Consequences for the rich and powerful would be entirely novel in the US.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I think the best possible outcome would be for Trump to try to push it and be physically ejected from the White House.

I'm more concerned about his cults continuing to grow in the next four years, feeding on more and more insane propaganda and lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    There are dozens of them, depends on how strong these NDA's that trumps employees have to sign are.

Almost all of them would sell Trump out in a heartbeat to make millions off a book.
    Just curious if breaking NDAs are a federal crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    No. Both because violating an NDA is grounds for a civil suit rather than criminal prosecution, and because those NDAs are of questionable legality in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Deianeira View Post
    I'm no lawyer but not sure you can NDA crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    -snip-
    Said it before, I’ll say it again; the party itself is just massively disorganised owing to how fragile so many of the coalitions are. Love them or hate them, the Republicans have such a narrow focus - the acquisition and retention of power - that they don’t give a damn about actual daily issues. Their coalition is far tighter and hence better organised. No other Presidential candidate on the democratic side would’ve done any better than Biden. And that’s an indictment of the entire system right now, not to mention how insanely popular Trump actually is. The latter is more key than the former. Trump lost this battle, but it’s far from over. Just you watch. And it’s a shitshow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I'm no lawyer but not sure you can NDA crimes.
    But you tie them up in courts for years, costing the person money they can't afford in lawyers fees, ruining them financially.

I'm love to see a law firm go "You know, go ahead. Talk. We'll represent you, for free."
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Would it be legal for Biden to make a statement like 'whomever comes forward with any proof of Trump wrongdoing, actual hard evidence, will be pardoned for whatever he or she did themselves as part of the admninistration'? Or some kind of bounty, maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Won't matter - he's pretty much immune from prosecution during his Residency. What we need to look for are actions prior to his Residency or actions taken by his organization where he is culpable. NYStateAG and NYC Manhattan DA are supposedly ready to move once he's out of office.
    Only actions he takes fulfilling the duties as POTUS. This is the same distinction made in the defamation case. It's not the job of the president to defame people. It's not the job of the president to be a giant corrupt piece of shit either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Would it be legal for Biden to make a statement like 'whomever comes forward with any proof of Trump wrongdoing, actual hard evidence, will be pardoned for whatever he or she did themselves as part of the admninistration'? Or some kind of bounty, maybe?
    The NDAs aren't going to stand up in court anyway. Whisleblower protection laws exist, and while they don't seem to be providing much protection from criminal prosecution, they laugh at torts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

So, I still have people replying to me and on posts saying that more people voted than were registered in some states, and I am just laughing. Because those bullshit talking points were debunked the first day of counting when Trump lost states like Wisconsin. But people are still pushing these crackpot conspiracy theories because they lack the copium to realize that Trump lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The NDAs aren't going to stand up in court anyway. Whisleblower protection laws exist, and while they don't seem to be providing much protection from criminal prosecution, they laugh at torts.
    Yeah, I always thought NDAs were to protect trade secrets and stuff like that, not to keep witnesses from telling authorities about laws that were broken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump campaign sees election lawsuits fizzle

“There have never been lawsuits with a realistic chance of putting the result within the margin of litigation,” said Justin Levitt, a law professor at Loyola Marymount University. “The lawsuits that were viable were about small procedural issues that don’t really matter. And the other lawsuits were never, ever viable.”

“There have been a few other tiny ‘wins,’ ” Levitt said, “like the ability to move observers from 20 feet back to 6 feet back, and a ruling getting Georgia officials to do what they were already doing in not counting 54 late-arriving ballots.”

But in terms of changing the outcome of the 2020 race, he added, “none of them matter.”

“It’s a vehicle to extend the fundraising and soothe an immense ego,” Levitt said. “It’s a way to keep a ‘fight’ in the press, even if the real fight is over.”