Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Oh by the way, my wife brought this to my attention earlier: Trump supporters in Georgia are trying to get other Trump supporters in Georgia to boycott the runoff election unless Kemp gives Georgia to Trump. Oh, also because

Also:

I cannot tell if this is people trolling Trump supporters on Parler or if they're really this stupid. It's honestly a tossup at this point.

On Parler, a Pro-Trump Call For Georgia Runoff Boycott Threatens Mitch McConnell's Plan to Restrain Biden

- - - Updated - - -

Why he had to wait is obvious...he wanted to see if Trump's bullshit would get anywhere before he was forced to risk his political capital/career.
    This is what i've been hoping for. GOP gonna eat themselves alive. Hope it's real.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    This is what i've been hoping for. GOP gonna eat themselves alive. Hope it's real.
    Ehhhh not to be too much of a downer, but as we've seen in this thread Democrats aren't exactly pulling each other up into bearhugs either. I just hope the Democratic party can hold themselves together until the GOP is fucking dust. Then by all means fracture into two more representative parties.

Ehhhh not to be too much of a downer, but as we've seen in this thread Democrats aren't exactly pulling each other up into bearhugs either. I just hope the Democratic party can hold themselves together until the GOP is fucking dust. Then by all means fracture into two more representative parties.
    Yeah, but elections all require turnout, and dem's in GA are working hard for turnout, the GoP are working hard for turnout too. But now the GoP are trying to suppress their own vote, let em.

edit - also this thread or this site is not indicative of the DNC as a whole at all, otherwise Biden would never have won the primary to begin with.
    Last edited by beanman12345; 2020-11-22 at 03:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump has officially requested another recount in Georgia.

I guess he really wants to be confirmed the loser three times.

Oh, and Loefeller has COVID, apparently.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Yeah, but elections all require turnout, and dem's in GA are working hard for turnout, the GoP are working hard for turnout too. But now the GoP are trying to suppress their own vote, let em.
    Oh absolutely, but I was speaking more overall, not just in Georgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Trump has officially requested another recount in Georgia.

Oh, and Loefeller has COVID, apparently.
    Come on COVID, don't disappoint me again!

Oh absolutely, but I was speaking more overall, not just in Georgia.
    Sorry got an edit before your post. I take this thread and entire site with a grain of salt when talking about the overall, especially after the primary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump supporters in Georgia are trying to get other Trump supporters in Georgia to boycott the runoff election unless Kemp gives Georgia to Trump.
    I mean...they still have one loaded barrel and one foot remaining. Seriously, this isn't just generic crazy, this is self-harm.

- - - Updated - - -

They filed a petition. Okay. Can it be rejected? I assume that they need something resembling a reason, considering it was confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    They filed a petition. Okay. Can it be rejected? I assume that they need something resembling a reason, considering it was confirmed.
    I believe it was expected. Georgia performed an "audit" which was basically a hand recount, but the losing party is allowed to request a recount regardless. Trump did so (because of course he did), so it'll be a machine recount this time and prove once again that he lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry got an edit before your post. I take this thread and entire site with a grain of salt when talking about the overall, especially after the primary.
    Oh I don't take "online shit-talking" as gospel but I've heard about some similar bullshit going on from some family back in the States. We also have the whole AOC/"Establishment Dems" stuff happening very publicly. The rift is there. It's just a matter of how bad it gets before the next crucial election(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    So you know that court hearing earlier in the week where Giuliani completely humiliated himself given his complete lack of familiarity with commonplace legal concepts and the like? The judge dismissed the Trump campaigns lawsuit with prejudice.
    You weren't the only one to post this but I'm replying here because reasons.

Judge dismisses Trump camp's Pennsylvania lawsuit in scathing ruling

No, that's not an OP ED. You know you're in trouble when a non OP ED gets to use the term "scathing".

U.S. Middle District Judge Matthew Brann ruled that the campaign presented “strained legal arguments without merit and speculative accusations" that were "unsupported by evidence."
    Boom. Headshot.

"In the United States of America, this cannot justify the disenfranchisement of a single voter, let alone all the voters of its sixth most populated state. Our people, laws, and institutions demand more," the judge wrote.

Pennsylvania Attorney General Josh Shapiro (D) celebrated the ruling on Twitter.

"These claims were meritless from the start and for an audience of one. The will of the people will prevail. These baseless lawsuits need to end," he tweeted.

Saturday's ruling is a major blow to the Trump campaign’s efforts to overturn election results, with President-elect Joe Biden leading Trump by more than 81,000 votes in Pennsylvania.

After the judge's ruling, Sen. Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) joined a growing number of GOP lawmakers who have recognized Biden as president-elect, saying Trump "has exhausted all plausible legal options to challenge the result of the presidential race in Pennsylvania."

This ruling follows a series of procedural losses for President Trump’s campaign. On Friday, the state of Georgia certified the victory of Joe Biden after a hand recount of paper ballots confirmed the conclusion of the initial electronic count. Michigan lawmakers rejected the apparent attempt by Trump to thwart the will of Michigan voters and select an illegitimate slate of electoral college electors. These developments, together with the outcomes in the rest of the nation, confirm that Joe Biden won the 2020 election and will become the 46th President of the United States," Toomey said in a statement.
    Of course, then there's this:

In a statement on Saturday evening, Giuliani asserted that the ruling from Brann, an appointee of former President Obama, "turns out to help us in our strategy to get expeditiously to the U.S. Supreme Court."

"Although we fully disagree with this opinion, we’re thankful to the Obama-appointed judge for making this anticipated decision quickly, rather than simply trying to run out the clock," Giuliani said in a joint statement with Trump campaign senior legal adviser Jenna Ellis.

They said the campaign would seek "an expedited appeal to the Third Circuit," claiming that Democrats hindered their efforts to bring forward witnesses and other evidence the campaign claims to have.

The Trump lawyers said the case "appears to be moving quickly to the United States Supreme Court.”
    Granted, it is fun to note that "they kicked our ass so hard, they punted us towards the end zone!" is a uniquely Trumpian argument, he kind of has a point. If the goal is to reach SCOTUS, this does technically seem to do it.

Pennsylvania is expected to certify the election Monday. We'll see what happens.

I mean...they still have one loaded barrel and one foot remaining. Seriously, this isn't just generic crazy, this is self-harm.

- - - Updated - - -

no it can't be rejected. he's within the margin for a recount, which is all the reason he needs. all he has to do is ask, with the benefit that he doesn't have to pay for it, unlike other states who've yet to certify like WI, which is contingent on him paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    I finally saw a reason to join Parlor... or what ever the name of right wing Twitter is... I want to join the “write in Trump in Georgia special elections” campaign. I don’t know what big brain Trump supporter started this campaign, but am on board.

Edit: Basically, without the left to argue against, right wing social media is turning on each other. They are vilifying republicans, for not standing up for Trump. There is a video floating around, with a Trump supporter calling into Rush Limbaugh, actually crying about going to the million maga March with his 33 year old son and there were not republicans there... to the point that Rush had to correct him with “establishment republicans”...
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-11-22 at 04:22 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump has a new "path to victory" in Wisconsin.

1) Demand a recount.
    2) Object to literally every single ballot.
    3) XXX therefore Trump wins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Team Trump has a new "path to victory" in Wisconsin.

1) Demand a recount.
    2) Object to literally every single ballot.
    3) XXX therefore Trump wins.
    Funny thing: If the recount isn't completed on time, the original vote count stands. Meaning Biden wins if Trumps strategy of obstruction slows the recount down enough that it doesn't finish by whatever the deadline is.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's not an OP ED. You know you're in trouble when a non OP ED gets to use the term "scathing".
    UPDATE; Oh lordy, it gets better.

A federal judge on Saturday dismissed a lawsuit critical to President Donald Trump’s long-shot bid to overturn his Nov. 3 election loss to Democratic President-elect Joe Biden, calling his legal claim a “Frankenstein’s Monster.”

The lawsuit before Brann was filed on Nov. 9 and had alleged inconsistent treatment by county election officials of mail-in ballots. Some counties notified voters that they could fix minor defects such as missing “secrecy envelopes” while others did not.

This claim, like Frankenstein’s Monster, has been haphazardly stitched together,” wrote Brann.
    That's got to be scathing for Giuliani and his aide, who I assume is named Abby Normal.

Funny thing: If the recount isn't completed on time, the original vote count stands. Meaning Biden wins if Trumps strategy of obstruction slows the recount down enough that it doesn't finish by whatever the deadline is.
    I think WI is like december 1st but if it pushes the recount into thanksgiving I can see the state dinging Tump for more money given their willful obstruction costing more time and money for holiday pay.

That's got to be scathing for Giuliani and his aide, who I assume is named Abby Normal.
    "Sedagive?!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    I posit also that there's got to be some kind of law against this. If, as apparently some Trump supporters are doing, they are literally objecting to every single ballot, and if that can be shown to be without merit, that could be election fraud. Or, the governor could simply say "Since Trump supporters are intentionally blocking the recount, I hereby declare the recount complete and we're keeping the money".

I posit also that there's got to be some kind of law against this. If, as apparently some Trump supporters are doing, they are literally objecting to every single ballot, and if that can be shown to be without merit, that could be election fraud. Or, the governor could simply say "Since Trump supporters are intentionally blocking the recount, I hereby declare the recount complete and we're keeping the money".
    I imagine if there is Biden's legal team is/would be all over it. They've been rock stars throughout this shitshow.

I believe it was expected. Georgia performed an "audit" which was basically a hand recount, but the losing party is allowed to request a recount regardless. Trump did so (because of course he did), so it'll be a machine recount this time and prove once again that he lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I don't take "online shit-talking" as gospel but I've heard about some similar bullshit going on from some family back in the States. We also have the whole AOC/"Establishment Dems" stuff happening very publicly. The rift is there. It's just a matter of how bad it gets before the next crucial election(s).
    It is there, but it's always been there. DNC is big tent and trump made it bigger, so there are gonna be rifts, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. The key difference is there has never really ever been a rift in the GOP they always traditionally fallen in line over the past 1/2 century. The establishment GOP have completely relied on it. Even in 2016 when the party was super divided they fell in line. The viral video of the rally today in GA for a boycott, your link about parlor, I'm much more optimistic of our chances of winning GA now then I was an hour ago. But it's still the GOP, in the end, they could end up just falling in line, guess we'll see. still up in the air, just feel better about it right now.