View Poll Results: How likely is it that Blizzard will give us baseline interrupt in SL?

Voters
66. This poll is closed
  • Likely

3 4.55%
  • maybe

2 3.03%
  • not likely

40 60.61%
  • Warlocks dont need it

21 31.82%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Chances for baseline interrupt for Warlock

So here we are again a new expansion alpha and yet another period where people are hopefull that the changes they want will finnaly happen.
    One of the most requested changes is that warlocks finnaly join the rest of the classes in the game and have their interrupts as a baseline ability and not having to summon a pet they dont particualry want to use just so they can do what every other class already can do.

As i see it there is plenty of drawbacks to not having it baseline and none having it baseline.
    So what do people think? Will we finnaly get interrupt as a part of our core kit or will we still have to juggle pets?

Id expect them to just use the "class fantasy" idea here and say no.

I'd happily welcome baseline cs, but i doubt they will.move away from them being tied to demons. All of our demons as basically utility now, so not wanting to use felhunter yep, but still sadly cannot see it happening.

Why do you want something that everyone already has? The problem is that warlocks have nothing to make up for the "almost" lack of an interrupt, we need something that others can't do, not something that everyone else can.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    Why do you want something that everyone already has? The problem is that warlocks have nothing to make up for the "almost" lack of an interrupt, we need something that others can't do, not something that everyone else can.
    Because nearly all content in the game is designed around having the ability to interrupt. Demonology does not have this ability against stun-immune targets, as it is intrinsically tied to having a felguard out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Summon Felhunter...

Really the only issue is Demonology, other than that we have interrupt just fine, if anything we can interrupt shit in ways no other class can and I used it in Mythic Ilgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleriol View Post
    So here we are again a new expansion alpha and yet another period where people are hopefull that the changes they want will finnaly happen.
    One of the most requested changes is that warlocks finnaly join the rest of the classes in the game and have their interrupts as a baseline ability and not having to summon a pet they dont particualry want to use just so they can do what every other class already can do.

As i see it there is plenty of drawbacks to not having it baseline and none having it baseline.
    So what do people think? Will we finnaly get interrupt as a part of our core kit or will we still have to juggle pets?
    I see warlock pets at utility now days. Use what is right for a given situation. More often then not I'm always running fel hunter in M+ dungeons. Interrupts are invaluable.

Imp: clense magic / pure single target with movement
    Blueberry: tanking
    Fel hunter: ranged interrupt and magic purge
    Succubus: crowd control

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Because nearly all content in the game is designed around having the ability to interrupt. Demonology does not have this ability against stun-immune targets, as it is intrinsically tied to having a felguard out.
    That's one of the reasons meele classes thrive on m+ while ranged don't, dungeons have too many interrupts, its the only mechanic the trash has... That needs to be worked out, on the dungoen, not on the classes.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can interrupt in many ways already, don´t need another one. Locks bring a lot of utility as well. There is 0 need for this imo

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Summon Felhunter...

Really the only issue is Demonology, other than that we have interrupt just fine, if anything we can interrupt shit in ways no other class can and I used it in Mythic Ilgy.
    Agreed, but it really is an issue for demonology. Either demo needs decoupling from felguard or call felhunter should be baseline for demo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Agreed, but it really is an issue for demonology. Either demo needs decoupling from felguard or call felhunter should be baseline for demo.
    Just make Axe Toss interrupt as well and problem solved. Sure 30s cd, but better than nothing.

Don't know why they don't do it.

too many classes have an interrupt we need to go back

Healthstones, Soulstones, AoE stun, Fear, Shields, CC Immunity, Gateway, Demonic Circle, extra stamina, AoE taunt Voidwalker, Interrupt Felhunter, Seduce Succubus and probably other tools and abilities I missed... what MORE do you want lol?

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    what MORE do you want lol?
    I'd like idiots that post lists of stuff about what a warlock can do to

a) actually have a clue about how warlocks work
    b) stop being misleading and making it sound like a warlock can do all of that at once, especially demo
    c) actually have a clue about how warlocks work

Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    The problem is that warlocks have nothing to make up for the "almost" lack of an interrupt, we need something that others can't do, not something that everyone else can.
    At least for Destro and Affliction, what makes up for it is interrupting/purging without having to cancel your cast.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

IMO every class should have a set of identical utility abilities, and then improve upon them based on spec/talents/etc. - like an interrupt, a medium-CD self heal, a medium-CD short speed boost. It would probably cut into class fantasy a little bit, but it sure would create a much better base for balancing in PvE and PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Just make Axe Toss interrupt as well and problem solved. Sure 30s cd, but better than nothing.

Don't know why they don't do it.
    Yeah, 30s is still better than spriest lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    I'd like idiots that post lists of stuff about what a warlock can do to

a) actually have a clue about how warlocks work
    b) stop being misleading and making it sound like a warlock can do all of that at once, especially demo
    c) actually have a clue about how warlocks work
    I'd like biased people to:

1) keep their insulting mouths shut
    2) not nitpick on one word out of 20
    3) stop being biased

Yeah your pet utility requires you to have that pet summoned. You know what? Take all your pet utility out of the list. You still have times more than some other classes. Heck, just a Battle Ress is plenty.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    At least for Destro and Affliction, what makes up for it is interrupting/purging without having to cancel your cast.
    Thats nice, but as we all can see its clearly not enough

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Did you just come in here to be smug? Your attitude has shown from the start, you dont play a warlock youre just here to troll.
    Do you even know the meaning of that word?

My attitude is of little importance to the discussion, let's keep it out of it? I play all classes and enjoy different forms of content with each. Each class is supposed to have its weaknesses and strengths. I am not arguing that it is not a weakness. I am arguing that you are SUPPOSED TO HAVE ATLEAST ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    If that is the case, then why does all other dps-classes have a baseline interupt, except the warlock? I dont understand why they need to be an exception.
    Think a little. All classes have interrupt baseline. Warlock doesn't.

Warlock has a shit load of other utility (that I listed above). Which other classes don't have.

They have something you don't. You have something they don't. It is so simple. You have a weakness. They have a weakness. Yours is the lack of interrupt, theirs is the lack of Battle Ress, healthstones, Gateway, Summ Portal, vareity of pet utility, etc.