Suggestions to improve gameplay for specs like Feral Druids.

Greetings,

After looking over the current changes, or lack there of, to specs like feral druids, I'd like to offer my suggestions. I've mained a druid, mostly balance, since wrath of the lich king and I think its sad how feral has been treated over the years and Shadowlands looks like its no different. With this, I have a suggestion. One change I'd like to see to feral druids and maybe even rogues is that abilities that cost combo points do not cost energy as well. This suggestion is to free up resources for the druid and rogue and maybe bring some fluidity to the specs. Feral needs this desperately given how energy starved they are. What would you suggest for the Feral druid? What would bring you back to the spec?

Thank you for your time

I would personally very much dislike that change. Feral has always been about pooling ressources to unleash a rapid streak of attacks, and it has been what differentiated the good and bad ferals. Proper pooling allows you to keep your bleeds up, while biting. Sure on occassion it's slow, but it's how it has always been for Ferals, and I kind of like it way more than spamming a single or two abilities every global. I could do without blood talons, but that seems to be reworked as well.

With that being said, i am dissapointed in the changes to feral this expansion. I had hoped the unpruning had removed, or atleast heavily changed the affinity talent rows. I would love to be able to have a viable bear form, that wont make me a full on tank, but will allow me to soak a bit more damage. Same with more baseline healing abilities like Lifebloom (god i miss it) and Tranquility. They can be balanced between shitty and decent for all i care, I just miss the abilities. So bring back more hybrid stuff baseline. Like rejuv, lifebloom, iron fur, frenzied regeneration etc at a shitty to decent number value, and have it improved through affinities through some basic basic stuff like "Guardian affinity - increased armor gained from Iron Fur by X% and healing from Frenzied Regeneration by Y%" and "Restoration affinity - increase healing by X%" No need for abilities being granted through affinities.

With this change, we still have a flexible toolkit, the unpruning brought back some abilities, and we avoid situations with Druids being the King of all Trades. At most they will be king of one trade, and jack of another.

And if they are compelled to stay with this affinity system of unlocking abilities that imo, should be baseline. Then PLEASE change Balance affinity cuz right now it's only ever used for the range increase on abilities. Remove that, and it will NEVER be used for any content outside of maybe world questing or leveling for funsies.

With that being said.. I'm happy about baseline Cyclone, so we got that going I guess.
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2020-04-15 at 12:05 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.