Thread: Who likes BfA?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I hate M+ and raiding.

I wish I didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If you skipped it completely, I'd say it's way too late unless you have some patient guild members to help you out. Starting now would be a disjointed, confusing clusterfuck.

I'll give this expansion credit where its due: It tried to do some new things, tried to push some storytelling boundaries, as well as player involvement ideals. Most of it (to me) fell short though.

It wasn't all bad. War mode, despite the hiccups, is a more interesting approach than simply having 24/7 pvp servers. Island expeditions and warfronts were both "I coulda been a contender" game elements that needed a bit of massaging to make really good.

Onto the next, and hopefully better.
    Second on this as well. Nice level headed approach to the systems in play. The outrage culture has made BfA out to be this godawful mess no one should ever touch. But the truth is, you can see passion in the ideas and systems put in place. It was the execution that fell short on a lot of it. But good on them for still trying new things in a game as dated as it is. That approach is needed to keep things going.

Talking Good lord...haha

BfA is ok. It has the bad and the good. Overall I have enjoyed it.

Good
    - Graphics/Design/Attention yo detail
    - Storyline was cool (Sylvanas is trash but meh)
    - Dungeons and Raids were fun (I raid Mythic+ and Mythic Raid so it was pretty cool)
    - New races are awesome (Zandalari Troll Paladins and Vulpera Fire Mages make me lol)
    - Music is awesome (I actually unmute my sound now)
    - Trade chat is still fun
    - Auction house is now awesome due to new system
    -Gold farming is fun and rewarding
    - XP boost makes it fun to stomp through “old” content
    - Crafting, although expensive and grindy, makes some cool gear that we can now add corruption to. Kinda like build your own adventure (even though corruption is poopy)

Bad
    - Sylvanas is not a believable character (I mean, come on...really? She gets THAT powerful? Psh.)
    - Corruption makes poor players do well when they are in fact just that...poor players. (It’s Sad to see good players that know mechanics get dropped from a raid because their DPS is lower than someone else’s even when the lower player is left standing and the higher DPS player dies from stupid stuff)
    - Arenas are really messy now with corruption procs and padded damage
    - RNG for gear is crazy (will it have a socket, or corruption, or stats, or traits, or whatever else. Gear isn’t gear anymore and it makes the grind crazy)
    - No PvP vendor in BfA

Other than the small “bad” stuff (which isn’t really too bad because I still love to play and do so daily) the game is awesome. I hope you all have fun and I’ll see you all out there...maybe.
    Last edited by Pyrourazz; 2020-06-13 at 01:01 AM.

Very much like WoD, I think BFA started well, ran out of steam, and is a bit un-inspiring.

I didn't hate BfA, I didn't love it. It's better than WoD. But 8.3 just, i got bored after 2 days and after that I logged in for 10 minutes the next week to get the alpaca mount, and then unsubbed. I did enjoy everything before 8.3 I guess I just got bored by then.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    From horde getting gear from warfronts a week before the alliance.
    Can't believe alliance cucks are still whining about this when each faction has had 2 opportunities of going first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    BfA showed me who the real players are: people having fun in m+, mythic raids, and pvp really make the end of the expansion lul a period of time to feel good.

A lottttt of haters will hate on BfA because of its bad start, and because the game was pretttttty damn tough at the beginning. Most people want everything handed to them, the beginning of BFA was the complete opposite of Leg, legion pretty much gave everyone everything for just showing up.

Legion was a badass time but PVP sucked more A$$ than almost any xpac outside Cata for me

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cface View Post
    I don't like this expansion at all, but at least its stuff to do compared to WoD.

Vision is ok, cause the rewards are pretty high. Nice to do them while you wait for friends to come online or have a quick 30min available.
    M+ is the saving grace, but not as fun as it was in Legion cause of classes sucks now.

BFA is so bad, that I don't even look forward to Shadowlands. From history it seems bfa is the filler expansion, and we got something cool this time around but I just lack faith in blizzard. Legion was a long time ago already
    So, the thread title is 'Who likes BfA?' and you basically say it's trash. Why did you respond at all? There have been plenty of 'BfA is bad topics' here already but for whatever reason you felt the need to respond. Mmo champion really is a cesspool of hate it seems.
    Do people here even know how to read anymore?

OT:I quite liked BfA, I'd rank it 5th or so overall, being a Vanilla player. I love the art direction, the quest lines are varying from decent to good, especially in Drustvar. Jaina was awesome, although it leaves you wondering, if she could stop the blight to some extent, she could have ported to Darkshore and stopped the burning of the tree.
    I guess Blizz aren't very consistent in their story telling.
    Corruption effects can be fun, especially twilight devestation. I'll miss that swirly in SL. Acquiring them isn't fun though, too gated and too rng.
    7/10 expansion for me.

I liked the themes going into it, i love the faction war as its just getting tiresome fighting new baddie after new baddie, and tbh nothing has really felt like a threat since arthas. We are 2 global super powers with insanely powerful units on each faction, a faction war could have been amazing to finalize some characters stories and lower each factions power levels a little.
    What we got though was horde skulking and being villians with the alliance being heroes. The story had no nuance to it and was a completely one sided rehash of MoP. It would have been so easy to make a nuanced and interesting story too, all they had to do was do battle for lordaeron first. Alliance have a gigantic list of reasons to retake it, teldrassil was such a terribly unnecessary excuse, if alliance had have marched in nobody would really be surprised, it would have given anduin balls and given the alliance something to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Best expansion so far. Huge improvement from legion. Shame corruption replaced titanforging.
    You're entitled to your opinion but improvement from legion not at all. Corruption was a horrible addition and just the state of classes is beyond terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion but improvement from legion not at all. Corruption was a horrible addition and just the state of classes is beyond terrible.
    You say that poster is entitled to their own opinions but then proceed to state yours as fact.

And they said that they preferred tf over corruption. Stop being so emotionally invested in a video game and it turns out to be quite fun if you just play how you want. Or quit if your gonna qq all the time idc

Quote Originally Posted by Phryx View Post
    any sane person dislikes BfA. added and changed systems were bad/worse. classes feel like a hinderance, the story is meh at best. if it weren't for pvp and m+, the game would be more dead than in WoD. WoD at least had good raids. assualts are boring, wq are boring, visions were fun, I grant you that, but they'll get a little bit tedious and are very often a cause for frustration, because you'll always get the wrong corruption on the gear.
    Any sane person isnt a little sheep and forms their own opinion.

I like bfa. It ranks higher than other expansions by a wide margine. All your reasons are flawed

1. The zones and quests are fantastic all the way through.

2. The raids have been some of the best in years.

3. Mythic+ is tedious and mediocre at besy.

4. Pvp is complete and utter trash

Bfa is still bettet than that trash pile that was TBC and WoD.

My gripes were mainly mechanical. I had a lot of fun with it, though it may be a bit late to get into it now, at the least I think you'd find horrific visions pretty neat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

8.2 was the best patch in the history of wow.
    Be feared, or be fuel

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Basically this. BfA could be very well sitting at the bottom of the pile, the only reason it beats WoD is because BfA at least has things to do, besides raids and facebook simulator. Now, as far as the quality of said things goes... Many thumbs down imo.
    Quality over quantity please.

I'd rather the minimal amount of content and much better playing classes in WoD.

As opposed to the absolute dogshit class design in this expansion with the asinine levels of grind and checklist type garbage content.

I don't know how anyone could claim the content in BfA is "engaging".

content wise I am satisfied. It offers lots of stuff.
    but the writing of the content... mother of god, started superb then with all the shit happened with campaign...ughhhh.zone stories are great.

The more I stay away from toxic forum posts or people inside the game, the more I enjoy the game.

So what Blizzard does or do not do, has minor impact on my ability to enjoy the game. The extreme part of the community always set the agenda which is pushing you away from ways to properly enjoy the game for me.

To be more specific, when I stopped mythic raiding and focus on my raider.io the enjoyment I got out of the game increased. I started to see the game for what it really is, not what the competetive 2% want it to be.

This, made me realize that BFA is quite good if you take it for what it is, and you don't measure it up to something it's not supposed to be.

The bad feedback for me is the somewhat abandoning and low effort into the war campaign and its reward structure, and the same for warfronts.

Considering how big the game is, only having 2 negative points is not bad at all.

Also I think a lot of the community perception around this expansion is based around a human feature where people just adopt a viewpoint shared by people they aspire to instead of stepping outside the pack and forming their own opinions. So I would say over half of the negative posts about the expansion is exaggurated and based on opinions of people who make clickbaity YouTube movies to draw attention.

The music, the feel of the zones and the how the zoens look is truly awesome. I never get tired of logging into to Boralus or Dazaralor
    Last edited by Tesshin83; 2020-06-19 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    You say that poster is entitled to their own opinions but then proceed to state yours as fact.

And they said that they preferred tf over corruption. Stop being so emotionally invested in a video game and it turns out to be quite fun if you just play how you want. Or quit if your gonna qq all the time idc
    Failed to realize the entire post i made was just opinions. And you come at me with assumptions and blatant lies. Top players both in pve and pvp area mock and state how bad it is. Should they quit?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Failed to realize the entire post i made was just opinions. And you come at me with assumptions and blatant lies. Top players both in pve and pvp area mock and state how bad it is. Should they quit?
    If they are unhappy with the game than yes. Its not rocket science.

IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY IT THEN DON'T PLAY IT.
    IF YOU DO ENJOY IT THEN PLAY IT.

Don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand. There are other things to life then wow, you know that right?
    You know you dont need to be sitting here qqing on mmoc waiting on method player #17 to tell you to play it or not.

God the worst thing to come out of wow is the mentally unstable, codependent basement dwellers this game has bread over the last 15 years. Get a grip on your life and stop depending on wow so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Caerrona View Post
    If they are unhappy with the game than yes. Its not rocket science.

IF YOU DO NOT ENJOY IT THEN DON'T PLAY IT.
    IF YOU DO ENJOY IT THEN PLAY IT.

Don't understand why that's so hard for people to understand. There are other things to life then wow, you know that right?
    You know you dont need to be sitting here qqing on mmoc waiting on method player #17 to tell you to play it or not.

God the worst thing to come out of wow is the mentally unstable, codependent basement dwellers this game has bread over the last 15 years. Get a grip on your life and stop depending on wow so much.
    Really reaching there. Seems only person who is "qqing" is you. People don't like it but still play it cause they're addicted. Seems to be you only see one side of the spectrum. And you're going off on real life and random other things your train of thought is just unknowable.