Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    @Mehrunes Damn dude, I'm not going to respond to the countless quotes in which you tagged me because posting such a wall of text for an internet stranger is simply not worth it. Well, maybe it would be, if it wasn't for a fact that my posts were deemed not constructive (kekw) and not civil (lmao) by our beloved mod team. Which is hysterically hilarious. I didn't even read what you wrote to be honest, in fear it would tempt me to reply and end up getting banned for being EXTREMELY unconstructive and uncivil. But it's good to know that some mods are trying to manipulate discussions and lean into questionable attitudes. Definitely going to pass it to the admins.

Have fun guys.
    Last edited by TickTickTick; 2020-05-09 at 07:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    @Mehrunes Damn dude, I'm not going to respond to the countless quotes in which you tagged me because posting such a wall of text for an internet stranger is simply not worth it. Well, maybe it would be, if it wasn't for a fact that my posts were deemed not constructive (kekw) and not civil (lmao) by our beloved mod team. Which is hysterically hilarious. I didn't even read what you wrote to be honest, in fear it would tempt me to reply and end up getting banned for being EXTREMELY unconstructive and uncivil. But it's good to know that some mods are trying to manipulate discussions and lean into questionable attitudes. Definitely going to pass it to the admins.

Have fun guys.
    Rules only apply here if you disagree with the official dogma.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Instead of just repeating no, let's remember what Sylvanas was capable of in the past when she was first raised. Capable of stopping far more than three people with her scream, destroying armor and bone, even in dark mirror it notes walls begin to shake if she just raises her voice. If Sylvanas truly wanted to kill them then and there, All she would have to do is scream, and keep screaming, she could just make the roof collapse on them, the blight would just be insurance the job was done.

If Genn's claws did not even scratch Sylvanas, then there is no way bar some magic sword that Genn would be able to do any better with a blade. Unless Varian's sword was hanging out at the bottom of the bay outside where Genn jumped into after his ship blew up. Genn didn't have an army with him, and his forces were met with an equal number of Forsaken, it's not common sense that Genn would somehow have all this soldiers follow him in and all the Forsaken are magically gone, that's a fantasy. As far as Eyir, we have no idea how she functions outside of the halls of Valor, so we can't say it's common sense for her to simply smite Sylvanas, Whether because of some rule imposed by Odyn, some shenanigans with Helya etc.

There is no need to doubt because there have been a multitude of quests in BFA alone showing that the Horde has plenty of blight, and was actively making more. How if one wants to make as much death as possible, how then is it not common sense to wipe out an entire army down to the last man with blight? That's far more casualties than a siege where one side wants only her.

Oh boy, quick corrections. Thrall was not powerless, do you not remember "never powerless Garrosh, and never alone?" Sylvanas was powerful even back then, I bid you re-read the passages about what Sylvanas was capable of all the way back in warcraft 3's time. Gallywix is a good melee brawler, but still the weakest link. Baine was less of a Baine than he is now, he would have in all likelyhood fought back then because at this point in time because he'd have the entire Horde leadership proverbially breathing down his neck at the moment. In a Grand melee who's to Say Jaina isn't taken out by a single arrow from Vol'jin, or is killed after he steps through the shadows and delivers a punch that could shatter mogu as we saw in "shadow of the Horde?" Not to mention that as far as common sense goes, the decision not to continue a violent bloody war after SoO is one of the rare times where I actually think that as far as Blizzard story goes, this was one of the rare cases where the logical thing did happen.

Back with the projection, some things never change.

- - - Updated - - -

Personal would be the wrong word, it's more a chuckle on how obviously devoid of any attempt at reasoning the response was, and it was solely based off of faction.
    Nope you took it very personal. I like what I like. I liked the other better.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Which is why Legion for the Horde ended up with a feast with Horde leaders lauding their achievements against the Legion. In other words, just because a character is off-screen doesn't mean they cease to do anything.

But what if everyone's issue with the Lich King extended beyond him just using necromancy and also included the whole bit of him going out of his way to kill anyone and everyone just to turn them and enslave them to his will? With just necromancy being so out of the picture that Argent Crusade's biggest ally in the war against the Lich King they spearheaded wasn't the Horde or the Alliance but the Ebon Blade. A faction of necromancers in plate armor whose conduct throughout WotLK included them taking a detour to fight the Scarlet Onslaught, which involved them resurrecting their members just to spite them. What if...

Forsaken were already resurrecting people since before Vanilla. The Val'kyr only added an upgrade to throughput. And the Horde didn't give a flying fuck about what the Forsaken were doing back then.

They don't appoint their supreme leader altogether so that comparison falls flat. But Anduin's holy bones play an important role in his decision making and they are recognized and acknowledged by people from Velen to Genn.

Let's see. The first paragraph of @matrix123mko's prior post: Before the Storm in regards to Sylvanas commanding the defense of Horde land; the start of Stormheim questline in regards to Sylvanas dedicating almost the entirety of her fleet to aid the player in their pursuit of the Aegis. Fourth paragraph: Road to Damnation in regards to Kel'thuzad's initial motivations; any source covering the Second War in regards to Orgrim's Horde. Fifth paragraph: Beyond the Dark Portal book in regards to Turalyon being motivated by his faith. Paragraphs two and three contain only opinions about what is the right policy for the Horde with no claims about the lore that would require sources.
    Thanks for help. You did a lot of work that I wouldn't want to otherwise do. I hope this is enough for my adversary.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

common sense says WoW isn't made
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Even before that, the Vindicaar shows up on the battlefield and beams Sylvanas to ashes as she is monologuing on the walls.
    Even before that, goblin cannon simply destroys Stormwind and the war ends.

Quote Originally Posted by RasAlhage View Post
    Even before that, goblin cannon simply destroys Stormwind and the war ends.
    Lol it wouldn't be common sense at all to use that cannon, since the sheer recoil of that beast would devastate the goblin city below.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth-Piekus View Post
    Keyword could do. Not anymore. All this was retconned. Sylvannas cannot screech an army, she can at most screech 3 simple soldiers and not a powerhouse otherwise she would be able to screech Malfurion, Jaina, Genn, Arthas and generally anyone she went against. She could screech and win the War of Thorns by herself.

Secondly a simple bullet pierced her head and she fell dead like a ragdoll. There is no suggestion to think that his claws could not pierce her dead or Genn holding a sword decapitating her head. She wouldn't even be expecting it if Genn never talked and simply went for the sneak kill.

Thrall indeed had the elements with him but he was greatly weakened as depicted in his short battle against Garrosh. All of them were very weakened. Jaina alone could end it in a second. It happened in the Undercity. I don't see why it can't happen again and her power grew a thousandfold since the incident with the Blood Elf. After all both Wrathion and Metzen agree that the Alliance would eventually win if they decided to dismantle the Horde. Between them and us random MMO Champion users I would take their words over us.

But we are arguing over something instead of proposing other new scenarios instead of scenarios that can't happen.
    so wait, this thread became "alliance characters are dumbed down" meanwhile "horde character are retconned"?
    lol

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    so wait, this thread became "alliance characters are dumbed down" meanwhile "horde character are retconned"?
    lol
    I mean, most alliance characters are dumb
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Another one that came to me.

The orcs not opening the dark portal until after theyve dealt with all opposition in draenor. It doesnt make any sense to open ANOTHER front to battke when you are still fighting the draenei, dealing with other orc clans and other groups whose allegiances are unknown. Keep Draenor in check and THEN open the Dark Portal. The original orcs managed that first .-.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post

The orcs not opening the dark portal until after theyve dealt with all opposition in draenor. It doesnt make any sense to open ANOTHER front to battke when you are still fighting the draenei, dealing with other orc clans and other groups whose allegiances are unknown. Keep Draenor in check and THEN open the Dark Portal. The original orcs managed that first .-.
    The orcs already thought that the Draenei were wiped out. That's the entire point of them attacking Azeroth - to find new worlds to conquer.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    The orcs already thought that the Draenei were wiped out. That's the entire point of them attacking Azeroth - to find new worlds to conquer.
    I mean during WOD

Keyword could do. Not anymore. All this was retconned. Sylvannas cannot screech an army, she can at most screech 3 simple soldiers and not a powerhouse otherwise she would be able to screech Malfurion, Jaina, Genn, Arthas and generally anyone she went against. She could screech and win the War of Thorns by herself.
    maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't Sylvanas screeched an entire army in the Arthas book? And she's only grown stronger since then.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah that's been bugging me for a while. What was their plan, to send half their forces to Azeroth to eventually get stomped while their remaining forces get overtaken by Ogres, Draenei, plant people and Arrokoa? They had all their leaders there, so it's safe to assume they were all going to go through together.

Been thinking that the same thing is kinda happening in Shadowlands aswell. At first it's this great DEATH threat, but we go there and learn that the threat to Azeroth hasn't even taken over the Shadowlands yet.

Or even with Legion, the demons are attacking all over Azeroth... but haven't even taken over the island they arrived on.

She is definately stronger since then but I really don't know what is going on with her screech. It doesn't seem to be working now.

She is definately stronger since then but I really don't know what is going on with her screech. It doesn't seem to be working now.
    it's a book ofc.

some are more powerful in the books and some in games.

look at Malfurion.

in game, he is a punching bag.

he is the Yamcha of Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Im speaking from a point of that we have seen her using that screech in videos and it didn't do anything. All these books were written a long time ago and many things have been changed since then. The devs said to take the story with a grain of salt meaning not to take everything literally that I why I really doubt that screech could do the things they claim to do because if that was the case Sylvannas wouldn't need an army behind her if she is able to screech entire armies herself not to mention as I said above they might as well have retconned it already.

Lol it wouldn't be common sense at all to use that cannon, since the sheer recoil of that beast would devastate the goblin city below.
    And you think Goblins would care if it meant profit for them? Especially since the Bilgewater Harbor is a town-in-a-box that was set up in an instant and they could always replace it with another box.

You mean the AU Orcs? Yeah, most certainly. But we had to have allies on the planet so Blizzard threw logic under the bus to achieve that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but didn't Sylvanas screeched an entire army in the Arthas book? And she's only grown stronger since then.
    She did. And it was strong enough that it shattered bone, armor and silenced spellcasting. And that was shortly after her resurrection, long before her pact with the Val'kyr, let alone her power-up from the soul clusterfuck in the Maw. Even Arthas was pondering that she could become a double-edged sword down the line and at that point the prospect of undead breaking free from the Lich King didn't even register with him.

Yes, that's pretty obvious by now. But as has already been pointed out to you, Sylvanas has the capacity not to use her powers and is quite often forced to do so for the sake of plot contrivance. Which is why, if you actually addressed the topic of this thread in a genuine manner, you'd realize that if the plot made sense she'd be using those powers instead of arbitrarily stating that her powers had been retconned (and engaging in that charade only in regards to Horde characters), even though there is nothing to support such a notion because absence of evidence of those powers still existing does not equal the evidence of their absence (and that's putting aside how the potency of her voice has been acknowledged as recently as in Before the Storm, where Anduin pondered how Sylvanas could just outright kill him with it anytime she wanted to).
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2020-05-10 at 11:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

same could be said for Malfurion who many on these forums believe him to be some godly level character, when he's never once been shown that in World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3 or even the newer books. Only in a time travel book written by someone who doesn't writer for Blizzard anymore and it wasn't even a World of Warcraft book, but a Warcraft book.

Sylvanas' feat of screeching at an entire army was written in a World of Warcraft book, it was also written by Christie Golden, so it holds more fact/canon than anything written by Knaak.

I really don't get why Alliance players resist so much for Horde to have powerful characters. You have so many supposed "power-houses" but the Horde isn't allowed any :/

Knaak books are as canon as Christie Golden books are. While Sylvannas has some good feats they are nowhere near what Malfurion did like for example going toe to toe with Deathwing and keeping the whole Nightmare Army alone and I don't really need to menton the other powerhouses. However I noticed that heroes and powerhouses can have problems when going against other powerhouses. While her screech could potentially work against simple soldiers it might not be effective against a powerhouse. It's not the first or the last time we see that in a franchise. Personally I don't mind the Horde to have as many powerhouses as they want but we can't pretend that a best than average hero is suddenly a powerhouse that can do anything or act against her character. Perhaps in Shadowlands she is but not in these past situations.
    Last edited by Darth-Piekus; 2020-05-10 at 06:31 PM.

Speaking of which, they said that thing would be fired in BFA if memory serves, but it remains as useless as ever. Maybe the goblins just liked building a ginormous cannon for the sheer lulz of it and didn't care that it would be useless because it clearly can't be effectively moved or aimed, which for once would be an entirely justified display of lack of common sense.