Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Be able to join multiple guilds

Other games do this. I think its time we could do it in WOW. Why not!

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Of course not. It was always this way, why change it? The game has already lost most of its social aspect due to the stupid idea of "accessibility".

Go to play other games if you want other features, social playing is already quite screwed as it is, so the more we open it, the more accessible the game becomes, the worse it is from the social point of view.

this is what communities are for, whats the argument for guilds specifically.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    They should just improve the community UI and remove caps. Being able to sort people into different groups and other stuff would pretty much give you multiple guilds.

The social aspect of WOW has been dead for a long time so arguing against multiple guilds because of that is just a void argument in 2020.

bad idea if people arn't loyal to their own group of friends no point. the idea of joining a guild is ancient. most players are assholes anyways.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

I'd be all for this if they renamed guilds to "communities".

Oh, wait...
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Why not? It costs money to change anything and therefore to justify it, the good the change causes would have to outweigh the initial cost of making the change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    this is what communities are for, whats the argument for guilds specifically.
    Maybe the point would be just in case old-style Guild Perks and Guild Rewards and Guild Achievements were re-implemented? Maybe it has something to do with the Guild Tag underneath character name and wanting the ability to choose which guild label you have at a given moment?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe invest a bit more into arguments? Sell your idea?

"Other games do it" is kinda weak and shit, Other games also did stuff and are dead. Other games might do yxz and still only attract very few players. Just because other games do it, doesn't mean WoW should do it.

"Hey honey, Mormons fuck several women and they all are married to one man...why not do it in our relationship?"
    That quote is hilarious hahaha.

I can see the advantage to it allowing you to link up with people that have similar interests as not all guilds do everything. You may be in an amazing Rading Guilg that doesn't touch PVP but still want a group of PVP friends. Or maybe you'd like to also associate with a group of dedicated crafters. Or fishermen. Or what have you.

I don't see this as limiting social features, rather it could enhance existing ones and allow people better mechanics to sync up with more people that have shared interests.

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I can see the advantage to it allowing you to link up with people that have similar interests as not all guilds do everything. You may be in an amazing Rading Guilg that doesn't touch PVP but still want a group of PVP friends. Or maybe you'd like to also associate with a group of dedicated crafters. Or fishermen. Or what have you.

I don't see this as limiting social features, rather it could enhance existing ones and allow people better mechanics to sync up with more people that have shared interests.
    The problem is there are already solutions to those features; Bnet friend's list, Communities, having more than one character, discord (if we want to count external tools).

This issue isn't if the idea is good, the issue is if the idea is good enough to justify spending money one. Seeing as how there are already solutions to the problems posed I doubt blizzard would be easily convinced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Isn't this just what communities are made for?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I think they made the in-game community feature to compensate for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The problem is there are already solutions to those features; Bnet friend's list, Communities, having more than one character, discord (if we want to count external tools).

This issue isn't if the idea is good, the issue is if the idea is good enough to justify spending money one. Seeing as how there are already solutions to the problems posed I doubt blizzard would be easily convinced.
    I don't disagree. There are potential solutions, for sure (though they do lack a bit of the elegance that a Guild provides). Nor do I think it's necessarily worth the development effort. Hell, the guild system might very well be hard coded. I just think that as a concept, the idea has merit.

Does the WoW community even really know how the community thing works? I remember when I was playing 8.0/8.1 in BFA, I suggested we use the new WoW voice in pugs and most people didn't know how to set it up / find it in the settings and couldn't figure it out even with explanations. I think the problem is people mainly depend on guilds for social in WoW out of habit. PVP'ers have a PVP guild and wouldn't think of making a community / checking the community messaging because they have their PVP guild. But raiders on their main might want to socialize with those PVP'ers.

ESO has a system where you can join 5 guilds (crafting, world content, dungeons & raids, pvp, auction house/trading, etc). All you have to do is /g1 /g2 /g3 /g4 or /g5 and you can talk in each guild. It's super easy. No one knows which guild is your 1st or your 5th. Each one is just a "guild". The problem is that the "community" feature in WoW is a completely different feature that is separate.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-05-05 at 06:39 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    There’s a new feature called “communities” which is cross server and can mean you can communicate with other guilds if necessary via their community

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe invest a bit more into arguments? Sell your idea?

"Other games do it" is kinda weak and shit, Other games also did stuff and are dead. Other games might do yxz and still only attract very few players. Just because other games do it, doesn't mean WoW should do it.

"Hey honey, Mormons fuck several women and they all are married to one man...why not do it in our relationship?"
    Not mormon, but they haven't been polygamist for nearly 150 years.
    You're thinking FLDS.

What they should do is get people whose understanding of User Interface isn't stuck in Windows 98.

Then the communities, as well as the social and guild panels and settings can be redesigned to become convenient and intuitive, so that such pointless threads won't be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by monkaTOS View Post
    This is what communities are for. You can join multiple.
    You can't access multiple banks in communities.

You can't access multiple banks in communities.
    I too have a hard time sustaining my M+ consumable requirements pillaging only a single guild bank.

Seriously though. Communities. Change the channel color to the same bright green as guild chat and you're done.

How is this a real thread?
    SorryNotSorry