Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Are you on the spectrum?
    Well, reported, I guess.

Thats just a nod to the composer, not full blown lore on Bards existing.
    No, that is "full blown lore on Bards existing". That's fact. The character doesn't just "exist". It participates in the lore being told. More than once, too, as he shows up in Hyjal too, to help against the Fireland's invasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Paladins do it too, you know? Congratulations on getting egg on your face.

- - - Updated - - -

But they do exist. Music-based magic exist in Azeroth, bard-like characters exist in Azeroth, and bards exist in Azeroth:

Russell Brower: "Words and Music by Russell Brower the Bard and <name> the <Class>."
    And he is an entertainer, writing a song perform at wedding. Not pick up his lute to go fight. There is no combat bards in Warcraft. Not saying a bard can’t fight, but they fight the same way a cook or a blacksmith in WoW would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    So you haven't played WoW ... there are sirens that sing for example ... in bfa.

Hymns are songs, and yes they are light magic, but they are still a song. The sound is the carrier for the magic, just like a sword can hit with Light magic, sound can carry light magic. So you can state it is "Sound based magic" even though it isn't a sound school of magic.

- - - Updated - - -

As funny as that response is ... that wasn't what they were referring to. It is your claim that a class cross dresses.
    I will admit I quit WoW before the Naga patch. BFA just isn’t fun for me. So if there are Nagas using song attacks then I stand corrected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    And he is an entertainer, writing a song perform at wedding. Not pick up his lute to go fight. There is no combat bards in Warcraft. Not saying a bard can’t fight, but they fight the same way a cook or a blacksmith in WoW would.
    Once again: he joins you in the fight in Mt. Hyjal for the Firelands Invasion, casting frost spells with his songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    I will admit I quit WoW before the Naga patch. BFA just isn’t fun for me. So if there are Nagas using song attacks then I stand corrected.
    Sirens, not Naga.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Siren

Again, even before that there were "Sound" attacks that existed anyway. You are confusing what a Sound Based spell would be with Sound being a School of Magic ... these aren't the same thing.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    Certainly enough to lay the foundation for further development into a plausible class.
    I'd love to see it, personally. I had a ton of fun playing a bard in UO

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Better than "Tinkers", AKA, professional Engineers.
    Except tinkers have been in Warcraft lore since the beginning. Theres never been a bard

Well, reported, I guess.
    I'll take that as a yes then. Explains a lot.

No, that is "full blown lore on Bards existing". That's fact. The character doesn't just "exist". It participates in the lore being told. More than once, too, as he shows up in Hyjal too, to help against the Fireland's invasion.
    Wrong. It's not. It's a character in a flavour quest as acknowledgement for someones contribution to the game.

Closest to bards we have are Warrior shouts and Priest words. Murmur is the only bit of lore on sound being used for attacks.
    Last edited by willtron; 2020-05-21 at 08:11 AM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll take that as a yes then. Explains a lot.
    These comments are unneeded.

Wrong. It's not. It's a character in a flavour quest as acknowledgement for someones contribution to the game.

Closest to bards we have are Warrior shouts and Priest words. Murmur is the only bit of lore on sound being used for attacks.
    Wrong, completely wrong. There are many sound attacks, it is just most belong to other schools of magic. Look at a lot of attacks of NPCs, you'll find songs and other things. Bards use sounds as the medium of their attacks, like a Paladin can channel their holy power into their weapon.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

These comments are unneeded.
    So is the over-sensitivity, but here we are
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Wrong. You're just trying to "de-canonize" something that is part of canon simply because you want to push a "bards don't exist in Warcraft" agenda. Russell Brower is part of the lore because it's an NPC you actually interact with, is part of an important lore quest in Twilight Highlands, and helps you as part of your entourage in a daily quest in Mt Hyjal.

Shows how little you know. Just off the top of my head: the first boss in Halls of Origination, and one of the bosses and some of the mobs in Heart of Fear.

Wrong, completely wrong. There are many sound attacks, it is just most belong to other schools of magic. Look at a lot of attacks of NPCs, you'll find songs and other things. Bards use sounds as the medium of their attacks, like a Paladin can channel their holy power into their weapon.
    Cool, well I punched Deathwing in the face i na quest, can we base a class around that? I also was a giant roly ball of destruction, I'd like to be that too.

- - - Updated - - -

Shows how little you know. Just off the top of my head: the first boss in Halls of Origination, and one of the bosses and some of the mobs in Heart of Fear.
    Sorry, my normie brain doesn't retain details as well as yours. Feel free to report me again if your delicate sensibility finds that offensive.

Bards and sound being present in the game as a form of attacks are different things. Bards are dumb and make no sense in the game. Sound is air pressure and vibrations, air is shamans, therefore shamans are bards.

We disagree.

Done.
    Last edited by willtron; 2020-05-21 at 02:07 PM.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Since Blizzard has stated that new classes must reflect the theme of an expansion, the chances of a Bard a pretty slim.

Unless of course Blizzard has an upcoming expansion called WoW: The musical.
    Bards could fit a "peaceful" world revamp?

Going out into the world to spread music and joy.

I do quite like the idea of bard as a profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, well I punched Deathwing in the face i na quest, can we base a class around that? I also was a giant roly ball of destruction, I'd like to be that too.
    Answer to the first: It's called Monk.
    Depends how giant you are talking about. Mages do have a spell that is a giant ball of destruction.
    –The Sith Code

It's arguable. The Warcraft 3 Pandaren Brewmaster hero didn't even exist within the WoW game until Mists of Pandaria. The only mention of him was from a side-quest that starts when you find a keg in the middle of the nowhere in the Barrens. Before the Barrens was split in two. Way back when quest-starting world objects did not have a '!' floating above them and did not show on the minimap.

And even then, all that was said about Chen was about his love and knowledge of beer. Nothing whatsoever about his martial prowess.

Going by that, bards have more "precedent" than the current monk class.
    I remember that quest!

But also brewmasters did exist in Warcraft lore even if they didn't get a mention in wow eg (http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml) the hero class are mentioned as warrior. So they have always been shown to be a viable character class. (If i was using wow/warcraft interchangeable sorry).

In my mind a Warcraft three hero class, which have inspired every new wow class added so far) > then a few non-major npcs i can count on one hand .

10+ Year Old Account

Bards and sound being present in the game as a form of attacks are different things. Bards are dumb and make no sense in the game. Sound is air pressure and vibrations, air is shamans, therefore shamans are bards..
    Sound is not air pressure ... at all (though air pressure can affect sound). Sound doesn't even require air. Sound is a vibration (or vibrational wave) through a medium. Air is just the medium we are more familiar with. This is grade school physics here.
    –The Sith Code

Sound is not air pressure ... at all (though air pressure can affect sound). Sound doesn't even require air. Sound is a vibration (or vibrational wave) through a medium. Air is just the medium we are more familiar with. This is grade school physics here.
    I was making it more general, but thank you for backing my point up more. Air, earth and water = shamans. Therefore bards are in game.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    I was making it more general, but thank you for backing my point up more. Air, earth and water = shamans. Therefore bards are in game.
    Sounds also goes through metal and wood. Also pudding ... are there pudding Shamans? Shamans use fire, but we have Fire mages too.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2020-05-21 at 02:40 PM.
    –The Sith Code

Sounds also goes through metal and wood. Also pudding ... are their pudding Shamans? Shamans use fire, but we have Fire mages too.
    Make it a quest and most of the WeLl AkChUlLy people in this thread will say its established lore and here are 10 reasons we need it as a class
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

10+ Year Old Account
    Make it a quest and most of the WeLl AkChUlLy people in this thread will say its established lore and here are 10 reasons we need it as a class
    You are acting like it is just ONE quest. There are many characters that use sound as a medium for their attacks ... including sirens in BfA.
    –The Sith Code

Sorry, my normie brain doesn't retain details as well as yours. Feel free to report me again if your delicate sensibility finds that offensive.
    Dude. Stop trying to be condescending. It only makes yourself look bad.

A simple search on WoWHead for the word "song" shows you a lot of song abilities. And I know what I know because the subject interests me, so naturally I looked this stuff up.

The issue is that you're trying to twist facts to fit your agenda, by trying to "de-canonize" Russell Brower, for example. You're like this guy who was never interested in dinosaurs whatsoever, trying to act like you know more than someone who is genuinely interested in dinosaurs and reads about them often.

Bards and sound being present in the game as a form of attacks are different things.
    No, it's not. It's called "proof of concept" and it shows that bards as a spellcaster concept exist in Warcraft.

Sound is air pressure and vibrations, air is shamans, therefore shamans are bards.
    ... That is the dumbest thing I've read this week. Congratulations.

I guess priests, warlocks, mages, monks, druids, paladins and death knights are all shamans, too, by that ███████ logic, since they all use words to shape their spells, since "words are sounds, and sounds is air pressure and vibrations, air is shamans, therefore all those classes are shamans".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I remember that quest!

But also brewmasters did exist in Warcraft lore even if they didn't get a mention in wow eg (http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...ewmaster.shtml) the hero class are mentioned as warrior. So they have always been shown to be a viable character class. (If i was using wow/warcraft interchangeable sorry).

In my mind a Warcraft three hero class, which have inspired every new wow class added so far) > then a few non-major npcs i can count on one hand .
    Oh, I know that. I'm not saying that Chen did not exist in the lore. I fully know he does, and never claimed he's not.

I'm just saying he's nowhere near this "big player" in the lore like Teriz claims he is, just because he helped found Orgrimmar. Because, like I mentioned, Chen was a very obscure lore character, up until MoP. Orgrimmar itself has not a single mention of him.