Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    This isn't a time gate.
    It's as simple as that.

It's not preventing you from playing any content. It's not preventing you from accessing anything.
    And hell, it's not the only source of Corruption.

Is it an arbitrary, kinda silly decision? Yes.

But it's not a time gate at all. It's not gating you out of anything.
    So if i sub right now and want to buy infinite stars. What happens?

Im not prevented from buying it?

This is getting surreal. I suggest everyone just give up, the thickness is real.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

this is getting stupid. if you are not getting everything instantly and on a silver platter its a scheme and timegate. how about play the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    This is getting surreal. I suggest everyone just give up, the thickness is real.
    Just another example of instead of DEFENDING blizzard you choose to attack the poster instead.
    Yes...this is surreal.

Just kill me with arguments, which should be easy if this game design is easily defendable and honest.

Just another example of instead of DEFENDING blizzard you choose to attack the poster instead.
    Yes...this is surreal.

Just kill me with arguments, which should be easy if this game design is easily defendable and honest.
    solitaire is the game for you. instant everything. dont play a progression game

So if you do content and get a high ilvl drop with R3 Infinite Stars. What happens?

Does it cease to be a timegate only in that specific situation?

Yes...this is surreal.

You're purposefully not answering the counter points anyway so you can hardly blame people for just resorting to mockery.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-05-24 at 04:27 PM.

You've been counter-argumented to hell and back but you are so stubborn and thickheaded that you just won't accept it.

7+ Year Old Account

If you sub right now. You would need to grind the get the currency to buy infinite stars. Just like you would if the corruptions were all available at once.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes...this is surreal.

Cause we've explained to you time and time again. And you refuse to accept it. So it seems the only way to get you to is to widdle you down till you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    So if you do content and get a high ilvl drop with R3 Infinite Stars. What happens?

Does it cease to be a timegate only in that specific situation?
    You were the best one at presenting arguments so far, but i just give up.

Timagates for the sake of Timegating are a total disrespect to the playerbase.

Is THIS corruption vendor the case of a timegate for the sake of it? I think it is but could be wrong.

Ill pay attention to this thread to see if someone else comes up with a good argument for it but im not expecting it to happen.
    Thread will die out before it happens.

I think people just want to get their bis and be done with this terrible system. Any frustration or happiness tied to this vendor all stems from a overbearing feeling of finally being able to set and forget this system.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you sub right now. You would need to grind the get the currency to buy infinite stars. Just like you would if the corruptions were all available at once.
    And in this case we would have to endure the exhausting whine about how the fact that you need X amount of currency Y is a grand conspiracy by blizzard to keep people subbed and time gate shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    People saying this is a money grab by blizzard: Have you seen how much money people have been spending on wow tokens to purchase those 475CORRUPTED boe's from the AH?

People have been spending BUCKETS of their mums credit card to afford this stuff..

Blizzard just shot themselves in the foot, the tokens about to sky rocket now that BOE's are pretty much worthless now other than the ilvl

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    People saying this is a money grab by blizzard: Have you seen how much money people have been spending on wow tokens to purchase those 475 boe's from the AH?

People have been spending BUCKETS of their mums credit card to afford this stuff..

Blizzard just shot themselves in the foot, the tokens about to sky rocket now that BOE's are pretty much worthless now other than the ilvl
    I don't think that was the intended effect. The AH mount sure that was whale hunting but blizzard is terrified of associating power behind a pay wall.

You were the best one at presenting arguments so far, but i just give up.

Timagates for the sake of Timegating are a total disrespect to the playerbase.

Is THIS corruption vendor the case of a timegate for the sake of it? I think it is but could be wrong.

Ill pay attention to this thread to see if someone else comes up with a good argument for it but im not expecting it to happen.
    Thread will die out before it happens.
    Again you're purposefully not responding to my points and continue to blast the same tired rhetoric.

If they suddenly removed corruptions being obtainable by RNG and you can ONLY obtain it from vendors then you'd have some merit in what you're saying. However, that's not the case so pretending it's the only source of corruption is a misunderstanding on your part.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Again you're purposefully not responding to my points and continue to blast the same tired rhetoric.

If they suddenly removed corruptions being obtainable by RNG and you can ONLY obtain it from vendors then you'd have some merit in what you're saying. However, that's not the case so pretending it's the only source of corruption is a misunderstanding on your part.
    Dude, i get triggered by simple timegates of "currency being capped per week" or "come again next week and do this for several weeks"

Imagine a DOUBLE LAYERED timegate! (>_<) Ofcourse i would get triggered

You are right "this is better than nothing" because we could still have only the RNG system.
    But i got triggered by the double-layered thing i hate the most.

Dude, i get triggered by simple timegates of "currency being capped per week" or "come again next week and do this for several weeks"

You are right "this is better than nothing" because we could still have only the RNG system.
    I think its more based on incompetence and embarrassment then wanting to time gate. While this tier was designed to be cleared with good corruptions it was never ever intended for everyone to have full bis.

If they released everything I am sure z'noth kills on mythic would double over night and everyone would be mocking them for their newest attempt at making players feel special and unique via rare powerful drops.
    Last edited by Laughingjack; 2020-05-24 at 04:46 PM.

At least that time my quote is closer in context to what it actually was rather than being used as some "evidence" of being complicit in some grand conspiracy.

This isn't double layered though, it's supplementary. You've literally got option A of "grind and get lucky with RNG" OR option B of "grind currency and wait for it to be on vendor".

Double layered would be something like having to have obtained it through RNG at least once before you're eligible to buy it from the vendors when it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashirogi View Post
    doesnt really matter for sub numbers. if you are subbing/unsubbing then corruptions really dont matter for you. if you are playing regularly you should already have enough corruptions. if you are playing in an eviroment where min/maxing matters you should also have enough maybe one or two to fill up.

overall its a positive. people wanted vendors now we have it but its not enough again.

The alternative is we get a random set each week and i dont think anyone would think that is better. i mean how nice would it be if it could go 15 weeks and never see TD rank 3

timegate

1o char
    But it’s not even real time gating because specs like Arms and Destro already got their BiS corruption this week. So they are already finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    I think its more based on incompetence and embarrassment then wanting to time gate. While this tier was designed to be cleared with good corruptions it was never ever intended for everyone to have full bis.

If they released everything I am sure z'noth kills on mythic would double over night and everyone would be mocking them for their newest attempt at making players feel special and unique via rare powerful drops.
    To be fair, even with right corruptions on N'zoth Mythic I wouldn't say it's ez mode with right corruptions. You're less likely to be behind on add damage and bursting N'zoth down before people lose sanity but it's still going to be a shitshow if people aren't doing mechanics correctly. Plus if you had enough gold in the bank you could easily just buy out the BoEs with your best corruption.

If people were going to be elitist about late N'zoth kills then they'd already be doing so after the hotfix nerfs.