Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Enz0 View Post
    Transmog takes some important RPG elements out of the game. There is a reason weapons and armor are designed to look shabby early on and really cool once you kill the end bosses. Not only is it a sign of prestige to have the cool looking gear, but it allows players to make a judgement on how well a player will perform just by looking at a character. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I believe transmog hurts the game, and I also understand it isn't going to be taken away or scaled back so I just accept it.
    It's because in Elwynn/Durotar you're merely an adventurer, but when you're killing C'thun, you're a "knight"/"champion" etc. But adventurer gear can look nice. Trench coat? 3d belts? High rez stuff? I don't mean flashy googly eyes on the shoulder etc. Simple, yet tasty. Yeye, cata upgraded the old "omg what is this" leveling gear, but it's not much better. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nah, the level requirements are for expansion brackets, starting from the lowest lvl.

Level 1 character can wear all Vanilla Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 60 character can wear all TBC Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 70 character can wear all WLK Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 80 character can wear all Cata Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 85 character can wear all MoP Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 90 character can wear all WoD Tmogs, including raid sets.
    Level 100 character can wear all Legion Tmogs, including raid sets.
    And level 110 character can wear all BFA Tmogs, including raid sets, and thus all gear in the game.
    Actually, it's more like this (Sorry for correcting you but I want people to know the absolute correct leveling brackets for Tmogs):

Level 1 character can wear all Vanilla Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from Vanilla.
    Level 58 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC and WotLK Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 80 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 90 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP and WoD Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    Level 100 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion Tmogs, including raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.
    And level 110 character can wear all Vanilla, TBC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD, Legion and BFA Tmogs, including all the raid and PVP sets from those xpacs.

Transmog takes some important RPG elements out of the game. There is a reason weapons and armor are designed to look shabby early on and really cool once you kill the end bosses. Not only is it a sign of prestige to have the cool looking gear, but it allows players to make a judgement on how well a player will perform just by looking at a character. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but I believe transmog hurts the game, and I also understand it isn't going to be taken away or scaled back so I just accept it.

Because this pos weapon from THE LAST RAID OF THE EXPANSION looks sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooodm look at those shades of gray, and those eyes, my god, best weapon design ever

That bold bit is the biggest crock of horse shit and its why gears score became a thing.

Looks never equaled player power in wow, we worked that out by wotlk so stopped thinking just because an item looked shiny or was purple it actualy made the char better.

The days these poser so desperately want back where people oggled there couple of gifted epics from a raid and thought they were some how good at the game died well befor transmog came out, so there barking up the wrong tree anyway.

If the want prestege they can earn it through getting 2k mounts and titles, 3k+ rio score or the nzoth mount and mythic exclusive mog for the current tier..... But then that would actually take skill they don't have. No ones gonna give them prestige for sitting in boralus in a classic tbc or wrath armour set now we know how God damn face roll that content was.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2020-05-26 at 02:07 PM.

It's almost as if you still have to actually kill those endbosses and earn that prestige first before you're able to show it off on whatever character you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Who hurt you, man?

OT: Since I am a mage main who really hates robes... transmog is fine
    Back when I was still active (end of Legion) mage was my main too. Robless sets was my transmog specialty
    Check out the Drakonaar, my playable race concept! (WIP -- Looking for artists)

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post

Because this pos weapon from THE LAST RAID OF THE EXPANSION looks sooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooodm look at those shades of gray, and those eyes, my god, best weapon design ever
    It would look a lot better if it wasn't using a PS2-quality texture.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.

I wish we could get some high definition reworks of the classic dungeon and Tier sets.

Personally I feel that the vast majority of armor sets released since TBC have been either mediocre or ugly, with a few outstanding exceptions. I remember seeing my brothers hunter decked out in full tier two back in the day and being so impressed I immediately rolled a hunter, which I still play today.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post

You have some problem with cosplay? Are children not allowed to wear nice clothes for some strange reason?
    come now, you dont want to imply too much logic into this thread or someone will accuse you of witchcraft.

joking aside, why do wow players always want to shoot themselves in the foot and make themselves handicapped and making game miserable for everyone else.

Transmog has definitely helped neuter the relevance of gear, but so does the modern diablo 3 gearing systems so they go hand in hand

I can’t name a single piece of gear I’ve gotten in retail in 2 expacs cuz the first thing you do is transmog it, but I can name every piece of gear in classic I’ve earned.

I don’t know how they can with multiple tiers and transmog but they gotta fine a way to make gear actually matter again

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    It's almost as if you still have to actually kill those endbosses and earn that prestige first before you're able to show it off on whatever character you want to.
    he also doesnt take into account that what if I want to RP my alt to be a let say rich son of my main character? is it less RP element if I do that? is that against the rules?

Nop, transmog in fact saved the game for many people. On RP realms before transmog it was a pain to keep different sets in your inventory, now it's really easy. In fact we need less transmog restrictions.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    While I don't agree with the OP it's pretty silly to use real life as a comparison for a video game.
    What is silly, is your inability to comprehend. To think, I compared a game with another type of game..... What's tough about seeing something in a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME that was made for that specific game, and then seeing people wearing it outside of that realm? Was it because I used Jordan shoes as an example.... Let me put it into 'video game' words for you.

Look, someone is wearing something you could only get if AT ONE TIME was only for top end raiders. Now I see people outside that realm of top-end raiding, wearing it on low levels.

You really need to go back to English class and learn about compare and contrasting concepts.

Here is how I would title the thread for example in the case of a basketball game...... "Has the NBA gone too far by allowing people to wear their attire who don't play in the NBA?'

Let me know if you still need your hand held through this. I'll lead you along.
    Last edited by scelero; 2020-05-26 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JustMYchanges View Post
    Go play classic if you want everyone to look like 4 pixels worth of shit.

/thread
    Exactly they gave the purist crowd classic but from the sounds of it a lot of guilds etc in classic are dying due to folks not logging on to that shitfest anymore

Quote Originally Posted by scelero View Post
    What is silly, is your inability to comprehend. To think, I compared a game with another type of game..... What's tough about seeing something in a CHAMPIONSHIP GAME that was made for that specific game, and then seeing people wearing it outside of that realm? Was it because I used Jordan shoes as an example.... Let me put it into 'video game' words for you.

Look, someone is wearing something you could only get if AT ONE TIME was only for top end raiders. Now I see people outside that realm of top-end raiding, wearing it on low levels.

You really need to go back to English class and learn about compare and contrasting concepts.

Here is how I would title the thread for example in the case of a basketball game...... "Has the NBA gone too far by allowing people who don't play basketball, wear their attire?'

Let me know if you still need your hand held through this. I'll lead you along.
    Christ, when your idea is questioned why is your first instinct is to insult the other party?
    No Lives Matter
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If a man gets pregnant (and, while vanishingly rare, it has happened)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, Antifa are the real heroes.

Lol, absolutely not.

If anything Transmog hasn't gone far enough.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!

wow, how insecure are people to go after transmog?

Lmao.

Transmog gone too far?

Seriously?

This guy XD

The Unstoppable Force
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quite the contrary; it adds some major RPG elements to the game, by allowing your character to look like whatever you want instead of generic raid-tier champion. Want to roleplay as an orc shaman, but your armor makes you look like a fel-infused alchemist with a monocle? Mog it! The idea of prestige and the judgement of other payers is basically the opposite of ROLEPLAYING (you know, the R in RPG).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by The Butt Witch View Post
    Does anyone even care about being able to mog the shoulders individually?

I'm a huge fan of transmog, and I just can't figure out why would I even want to have different shoulders or just one shoulder.

If you have 2 different looking shoulder that however share a color scheme, you could make a sick looking transmog by combining the 2 different models.
    And having one shoulder be naked, has huge potential for classes like hunter, rogues or warriors.

People love that shit, there people are hyped about that shit.

Trans Rights are Human Rights // Elune Says Queer Rights!