10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    And there is no law allowing for armed citizens to act as "local militia". I'm not criticizing you on this, just to be clear, but outside of emergency deputisation in extraordinary circumstances, "local militia" isn't a thing recognized by law.
    Yeah, it was conceptual, hence the "legitimate", which any of these modern "local militia" are not.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    He's tripped and fell as the crowd yelling "get his ass" pulls up in the chase. A man, known as "jump kick man" for the court, connects with his foot to Rittenhouse's head. He's only partially back up when Huber hits him with the skateboard and straddles his prone form. You can look at the live stream rewind for the slowed down footage showing the threat to Rittenhouse by his assailers. (Gray bearded video analysis guy on stand, defense lawyer questioning approx 2 hrs from start of live broadcast)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyppmuFxwKk
    Also known as people who viewed him as an active shooter that just shot someone and is fleeing.

Again, we come to the inherent contradiction with the Second Amdendment and open carry when it comes to live-shooter situations. How are we ever supposed to know who the "good guy" shooters are and the "bad guy" shooters are?

https://www.denverpost.com/2021/06/2...-self-defense/

Because it's hard even for the cops to know because live-shooter situations are fast, dangerous, and filled with unknowns.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's tripped and fell as the crowd yelling "get his ass" pulls up in the chase. A man, known as "jump kick man" for the court, connects with his foot to Rittenhouse's head. He's only partially back up when Huber hits him with the skateboard and straddles his prone form. You can look at the live stream rewind for the slowed down footage showing the threat to Rittenhouse by his assailers. (Gray bearded video analysis guy on stand, defense lawyer questioning approx 2 hrs from start of live broadcast)

Again, he's an active shooter and the crowd are trying to stop him. A fact you conveniently ignore.

Also, the guy who tried to kick Rittenhouse missed.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

This was after Rittenhouse murdered someone? So those people were going after an active shooter. Just so you're clear on the facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lovely. Judge overrules prosecutions questioning when attempting to find if the witness has any bias.

The whole time this guy is talking, he sounds quite biased. He seems nearly argumentative towards the prosecution. Snide if I were to label it.

I should mentioned i'm about two hours behind.

Mid exampination, the judge questions the direction of the examination. Prosecution says it is to evaluate the bias of the witness. Judge then calls lunch....mid examination.

This is crazy lol.
    Last edited by Kathandira; 2021-11-11 at 08:28 PM.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Judge: Comments from Rittenhouse previously expressing a wish to have a gun to shoot "looters" has nothing to do with Rittenhouse going to Kenosha, armed with a gun, to "protect" property from looters which resulted in him shooting people.

Man, our legal system is truly a fuckin joke.

Why the fuck do we elect judges like...ever? Judges should never be elected by popular vote, the point of the judicary is that it's not supposed to be political in that manner.

- - - Updated - - -

I've seen some folks call this "racist" but I'm not exactly putting the pieces together on this one. It's just...a really, really, really bad attempt at humor that's deeply and astoundingly unfunny.

Which isn't surprising when you look at the world of comedy and how few actually funny comedians there are in conservative circles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I've seen some folks call this "racist" but I'm not exactly putting the pieces together on this one. It's just...a really, really, really bad attempt at humor that's deeply and astoundingly unfunny.
    I'm pretty sure it's rooted way more in local culture that makes it indecipherable to anyone unfamiliar. Asian food is a common delivery option, so I don't see that as racist. And the rest, I just don't have context to even parse.

Which isn't surprising when you look at the world of comedy and how few actually funny comedians there are in conservative circles.
    It's not really on-topic, so I won't embed it, but they took a hard swing at this over at Some More News last week; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSXKzPOcYDU

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Judge: Comments from Rittenhouse previously expressing a wish to have a gun to shoot "looters" has nothing to do with Rittenhouse going to Kenosha, armed with a gun, to "protect" property from looters which resulted in him shooting people.

Man, our legal system is truly a fuckin joke.

Why the fuck do we elect judges like...ever? Judges should never be elected by popular vote, the point of the judicary is that it's not supposed to be political in that manner.

- - - Updated - - -

You are fast. I deleted that post about 10 seconds after posted. I took it down, but the judge still is a piece of crap for all his other moves.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck is this murder trial turning into a deep dive into video interpolation algorithms. They don't even have any particular fact they're trying to dispute.

While there’s a lot of peripheral stuff this whole case comes down to whether the jury thinks that Rittenhouse had a reasonable fear of bodily harm when he shot the first guy.

I don’t know how you assess that, when the whole situation was completely bonkers anyway. You are in a country where it’s legal for people to walk around with ARs at a protest, and where people were running around destroying property because a guy armed with a knife was trying to take kids away from their mom and was shot after he resisted a taser.

Like, wtf? The best thing everyone can do is disengage from this mass hysteria as much as possible (and of course, vote for tighter gun laws) and stop focusing on the actions of mentally disturbed people.

10+ Year Old Account
    And here we go; defense wants to exclude any images that were blown up and/or enhanced for clarity.

And the prosecution have called this a "dishonest argument", in their own words. I think this basically is gonna be the tipping point.

Either the prosecution can show the image and the jury will see Rittenhouse initiating ALL of this. Or they can't, because of judicial malfeasance and/or ignorance. Because at this point, the prosecution just wants to show an enhanced image with expert testimony to its accuracy. When the defense used the same measures without objection, themselves, earlier in the trial.

Edit: And this judge seriously has the technological know-how of your grandpa who needs you to tell him which icon on his phone is "the yahoogle".

"It's an accredited lab using peer-reviewed systems."
    "I don't care, I'm a dinosaur and technology is magic fuck you."
    Last edited by Endus; 2021-11-11 at 09:22 PM.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chadloder...85098879676426

Yo, the defense is putting up some wild folks to testify.

And TIL "police officers have their hands tied by leftists and aren't allowed to fight back"?

Seriously, what fuckin shared fictional alternate reality do these people god-damned live in?

Quote Originally Posted by Coniferous View Post
    where people were running around destroying property because a guy armed with a knife was trying to take kids away from their mom and was shot after he resisted a taser.
    At the time, media was promoting the story that the police had shot an unarmed black man. CNN, ESPN, the Washington Post, PBS, BuzzFeed, Vogue. Biden said it "makes me sick," Kamala Harris said "the life of a black person in America has never been treated as fully *human," Naomi Osaka (highest paid female athlete in world, 800k twitter followed) said it was part of "continued genocide of black people at the hand of the police."

Even today, some news stories sound like they want a riot if Rittenhouse goes free. Anything for those clicks, I suppose.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

At the time, media was promoting the story that the police had shot an unarmed black man. CNN, ESPN, the Washington Post, PBS, BuzzFeed, Vogue. Biden said it "makes me sick," Kamala Harris said "the life of a black person in America has never been treated as fully *human," Naomi Osaka (highest paid female athlete in world, 800k twitter followed) said it was part of "continued genocide of black people at the hand of the police."

Even today, some news stories sound like they want a riot if Rittenhouse goes free. Anything for those clicks, I suppose.
    Which is funny because basically from day one there was info about a knife. And most media is completely devoid of sense. The way they focus on single events, you can basically prove any thesis you want by cherrypicking a few specific things that make it seem like there's a narrative.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which is funny because basically from day one there was info about a knife. And most media is completely devoid of sense. The way they focus on single events, you can basically prove any thesis you want by cherrypicking a few specific things that make it seem like there's a narrative.
    If you seriously think Jacob Blake was threatening people with a knife and trying to kidnap children, you should probably ask yourself why he was never charged with any wrongdoing from that incident.

You're pushing disinfo. You're not on the side of reason, here.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Shame that if no one would have interacted with him, no one would have die.
    Thanks for the gun equivalent of if you wouldn't have been raped if you didn't dress like a whore.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Thanks for the gun equivalent of if you wouldn't have been raped if you didn't dress like a whore.
    yes, that is called common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If you seriously think Jacob Blake was threatening people with a knife and trying to kidnap children, you should probably ask yourself why he was never charged with any wrongdoing from that incident.

You're pushing disinfo. You're not on the side of reason, here.
    Everything I said was factually true - he had the kids in the car and officers were told by their mom that he was trying to take them, and he had a knife. I never said "threatening" by the way. He had a knife in his hand, as confirmed by video. Please tell me what disinfo i posted, or retract your statement. And why would you have a knife in your hand like that? Seriously... crazy gonna craze.
    Last edited by Coniferous; 2021-11-11 at 10:49 PM.

people were running around destroying property because a guy armed with a knife was trying to take kids away from their mom and was shot after he resisted a taser
    Yes, people tend to get angry when someone is shot several times in the back. Fuck off.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    yes, that is called common sense.
    Man, we went to blaming people for their own rape in record time.