Just read about those 57 cops resigning from the emergency response team in support of their colleague who pushed the old man to the ground. I didn't believe it at first and had to check another source. What the fuck is wrong with those people?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That is you assuming that these riots, fires and looting are happening by the protesters and disregarding the active role the government and police play in trying to instigate such riots.

I adhere to a very simple principle on this matter:
    As long as the government and police keep using tactics to actively instigate riots and looting then looting and rioting is condoned by the government and therefor should not be held against the protesters as a manner in which to discredit what is being protested over.
    You cannot ignore or pretend these riots didnt come from the protests. Even if you can separate the protestors from the rioters, these riots started because of the protests, and because of that your police equate the two as being the same.
    Yeah the police are shit in what their doing, but long as those riots continue to happen the police are just going to continue to get riled up and attack protestors who don't even want to use violence as a measure.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Just read about those 57 cops resigning from the emergency response team in support of their colleague who pushed the old man to the ground. I didn't believe it at first and had to check another source. What the fuck is wrong with those people?
    Systemic racism and a culture of police brutality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    You cannot ignore or pretend these riots didnt come from the protests. Even if you can separate the protestors from the rioters, these riots started because of the protests, and because of that your police equate the two as being the same.
    Yeah the police are shit in what their doing, but long as those riots continue to happen the police are just going to continue to get riled up and attack protestors who don't even want to use violence as a measure.
    The police keep causing the riots, hun.

It is well documented as to what usually happens when police show up to peaceful demonstrations with riot gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

They're all bad cops. We keep waiting for the mythical "good cops" to show up and do something, but alas they seem a close relative of Bigfoot and are equally as rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're all bad cops. We keep waiting for the mythical "good cops" to show up and do something, but alas they seem a close relative of Bigfoot and are equally as rare.
    https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...nded-officers/

Imagine the thought process of these people.

"How dare they suspend people for pushing 75 year old men unprovoked to the ground giving them brain damage while we don't give a shit and do nothing about it! We must quit we must defend police brutality!"

Yeah "not all cops" just seems to be a "majority" of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Why are you blaming the riots on the protesters and not the CAUSE OF THE PROTEST TO BEGIN WITH? You bias is showing. It's like you're always one step away from becoming aware of how absurd your thought process is but you just fall short every time.

Let me help. If there wasn't police brutality, there would be no protest. If there was no protest, there would not be people taking advantage of the situation to riot. It starts with the police.

Maybe next time you'll get there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Systemic racism and a culture of police brutality.

- - - Updated - - -

The police keep causing the riots, hun.

It is well documented as to what usually happens when police show up to peaceful demonstrations with riot gear.
    Bro, he figured it out. It's the victims faults. If they just stayed quiet about being victimized, then other's wouldn't take advantage of the situation, and the people who victimized them previously without an excuse won't have an excuse to victimize them again! Even though they originally victimized them without an excuse so... oh shit, wait no, that's retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Increasingly, it is seeming like "yes all cops". At least within Buffalo.

The sheer arrogance and blindness to public opinion is both maddening and jaw dropping. The culture of the US police needs to be turned on its head but in a nation where racism and macho gun culture is so rife I wonder if that's even possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that PD just got 57% better if true.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    https://www.wivb.com/news/local-news...nded-officers/

Imagine the thought process of these people.

"How dare they suspend people for pushing 75 year old men unprovoked to the ground giving them brain damage while we don't give a shit and do nothing about it! We must quit we must defend police brutality!"

I feel like some people had no clue how deep the rot had set in. A system that was hiring and breeding psychopaths.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    They're still employed and getting a paycheck, they just resigned from the emergency response team.

I really don't see a silver lining to this other than the fact that the Buffalo PD officers made it crystal clear that they're a bunch of violent, amoral fucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wait for the system to take care of I!"

Buffalo Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia cites the Nuremberg Defense in regards to his officers that violently shoved an old man to the pavement so hard he started bleeding from his ears.

No. The "system", as in "police departments", need to be burned down and the earth salted so nothing of the like ever grows again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're still employed and getting a paycheck, they just resigned from the emergency response team.

I really don't see a silver lining to this other than the fact that the Buffalo PD officers made it crystal clear that they're a bunch of violent, amoral fucks.
    I wish I could be an asshole (not really because those people are disgusting) on the job and still be paid for it.

Your tax dollars, your donations at work people. Demand something better.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account

Buffalo Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia cites the Nuremberg Defense in regards to his officers that violently shoved an old man to the pavement so hard he started bleeding from his ears.

No. The "system", as in "police departments", need to be burned down and the earth salted so nothing of the like ever grows again.
    But the local police union boss defended his officers. “Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, PBA president, according to WGRZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-75-year-old

The cops resigned, because they were disgusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Wrong person I think.

"Our position is these officers were simply following orders from Deputy Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia to clear the square," said Buffalo Police Benevolent Association President John Evans. "It doesn't specify clear the square of men, 50 and under or 15 to 40. They were simply doing their job. I don't know how much contact was made. He did slip in my estimation. He fell backwards."
    Holy fuck, John Evans is beyond human garbage. Jesus fucking christ, how can these people be so brazenly fucking awful without having the slightest sense of self awareness? There's a god damned fucking video.

Police unions need to go. Now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like the name, btw.

"Buffalo Police Benevolent Association".

Uh huh.
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    But the local police union boss defended his officers. “Fifty-seven resigned in disgust because of the treatment of two of their members, who were simply executing orders,” said John Evans, PBA president, according to WGRZ.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ng-75-year-old

The cops resigned, because they were disgusted.
    At the same time, they had the presence of mind to not resign from police entirely. So they do realize that normal people face consequences and such shit wouldn't fly in there - they were simply "disgusted" to learn that it can sometimes apply to them.
    Holy fuck, John Evans is beyond human garbage. Jesus fucking christ, how can these people be so brazenly fucking awful without having the slightest sense of self awareness? There's a god damned fucking video.

Police unions need to go. Now.
    It's funny how US unions are apparently pretty influential ... in all the wrong areas. If only such attention was put to ordinary workers in various companies instead of an already privileged class, protecting their "right" to beat up old people just like everyone else.

Truly, this is the worst timeline.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuujin View Post
    Truly, this is the worst timeline.
    And then he goes on ranting about China...

Can't he just shut the hell up?

Actually, scratch that. Just keep talking. He's producing the best ads against himself, nonstop. How about a picture of Floyd on the ground, with a caption that says "This is a great day for George Floyd". Yeah, black man ought to be glad the cop didn't tread on shit that day.
    Last edited by Santti; 2020-06-05 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    a) That's not how Percentages work
    b) They didn't resign from the Police Force...just from the ERT.

they should cancel that shitshow called america..

i always knew it was bad over there but this crap? it is rotten.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.