Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    And it's completely fair to ask these questions and make corrections and reforms to that process.

Not arguing that in the slightest.
    That's literally what people are out there protesting. That these processes have not changed or reformed despite decades of protests and pushing for just that.

What I am against is this whole cancer culture of resistance glorification even in things where there is no place for it.
    I'm far more against a culture of law enforcement that consistently protects bad cops that assault, brutalize, and murder others. I'm against a system that allows what we're seeing across the nation, from small towns to major cities, with cops repeatedly escalating rather than de-escalating, repeatedly assaulting people on camera, corraling protesters and then boxing them in to tear gas and assault them, detaining people and leaving them alone in cramped spaces for upwards of a dozen hours with no medical care or concern, posting racist shit on their social media accounts during the current moment

and I could go on, but I think we have very different priorities. I care a lot more about cops not fucking murdering people than I do some glorification for "resistance", whatever the fuck that even means.

Protest is a long, celebrated tradition in this country, and without peaceful, and at times violent, protests, we wouldn't enjoy a great many of the rights we take for granted today.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2020-06-05 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    In other words, I shouldn't be black and dressed that way? I mean you pretty much nailed it, that is the goddamn point. Middle-Class white people should be treated differently then poor black people, and if they want to not get murdered, they should start wearing Khakis and Polo Shirts and shopping at Whole foods, because that is the best way to stop the police from murdering them.

I mean at least you don't try to disguise your racism here.
    Nothing to do with the color. Even if theyre white, and dressed like that, makes it quite obvious that theyre not law-abiding citizens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Scourge of Azuremyst View Post
    Nothing to do with the color. Even if theyre white, and dressed like that, makes it quite obvious that theyre not law-abiding citizens.
    Right. A white man in a suit is obviously a law abiding citizen.

I mean, if you ignore all the crime committed by politicians who abuse their power.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    That is not how it works cupcake - you made the wild claim - you bring the proof.

Let's see those "countless" cases. Let's see some data on that, shall we?
    YOU made the wild claim that comply with police orders eliminates all police brutality you twat, So please do bring the proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoo..._Daniel_Shaver

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc....anada-36859305

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justi...ing/index.html

And here’s just the tip of the iceberg for the blind and lazy.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-05 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Minor Flaming

10+ Year Old Account
    Zeus, Yaweh, Xoltol hath spoken, "Black Lives Matter!"

2 Law Enforcement tripped into a naturally occurring electrostatic discharge struck by lightning in DC.

Thoughts and prayers.
    Government Affiliated Snark

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm far more against a culture of law enforcement that consistently protects bad cops that assault, brutalize, and murder others. I'm against a system that allows what we're seeing across the nation, from small towns to major cities, with cops repeatedly escalating rather than de-escalating, repeatedly assaulting people on camera, corraling protesters and then boxing them in to tear gas and assault them, detaining people and leaving them alone in cramped spaces for upwards of a dozen hours with no medical care or concern, posting racist shit on their social media accounts during the current moment
    And last time I checked nobody told you you are not allowed to hold a protest against that. So go ahead and do that.

But what does it have to do with complying with police, pray tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Right. A white man in a suit is obviously a law abiding citizen.

I mean, if you ignore all the crime committed by politicians who abuse their power.
    Well I can see it. The vast majority of african country leaders are corrupt and abuse their powers. Ever wondered about that? South Africa was way safer before the 90s.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    YOU made the wild claim that comply with police orders eliminates all police brutality you twat, So please do bring the proof.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shoo..._Daniel_Shaver

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.bbc....anada-36859305

https://www.cnn.com/2014/09/25/justi...ing/index.html

And here’s just the tip of the iceberg for the blind and lazy.
    Where's the statistic, son? For example how many encounters you have total vs those where unreasonable force was used?

That's all I ask. You people seem to be jumping out of your skin to make Police force into "the devil", surely you have some statistics there at the ready, no?

In case I am not yet crystal clear - effort needs to be made to improve the gaps, introduce reforms, more training and accountability, but no don't "fuck the police", don't disarm the police (especially in that nutland - US, where every asshole can go to a bloody store to buy a frikkin' gun) and don't actively obstruct them from doing their job right now.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-05 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Did you miss the fact the scenario involved both being accused of the exact same crime? Are you advocating that there is no presumption of innocence for people who are dressed badly ("Badly" being your own definition). If I am passing counterfeit bills, I am obviously not a law abiding citizen. But we live in a world where I would probably not even get handcuffed, I would just be directed to the back seat of a patrol car, while the cop treated me with respect. Because that is how they arrest White People that drive Audis. Even when they are criminals.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know why I'm dignifying your bullshit with a response, but...

My brother had a phase in his later high school years where he would wear baggy clothes, jewelry, and even got some tribal tattoos. He's also never committed a crime in his life. Does he deserve to be treated differently by police because he's an idiot with poor fashion sense?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can see it. The vast majority of african country leaders are corrupt and abuse their powers. Ever wondered about that? South Africa was way safer before the 90s.
    Dafuq does S.Africa have to do with an issue in the U.S.? Leave those goal posts where you found them sir.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck are you not permanently banned yet?

But what does it have to do with complying with police, pray tell?
    Because a part of the problem is that many of these officers thrive because people don't know their rights. Because they can "get away" with abusing them and violating their rights because of their ignorance.

Because not complying with an officer, even with a legal request from an officer, is not fucking grounds to be god-damned murdered. That's grounds for you to be detained, at most, without an officer cutting off bloodflow to your head. Without an officer firing pepper balls into you point blank, or macing you to the face after they've pulled down your protective mask.

Because we're seeing large crowds of protesters abiding by police orders still being fucking fired upon.

Compliance is fucking irrelevant, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Dafuq does S.Africa have to do with an issue in the U.S.? Leave those goal posts where you found them sir.
    He just said Apartheid was good for South Africa. It is pretty goddamn obvious what that has to do with the US.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I don't even know why I'm dignifying your bullshit with a response, but...

My brother had a phase in his later high school years where he would wear baggy clothes, jewelry, and even got some tribal tattoos. He's also never committed a crime in his life. Does he deserve to be treated differently by police because he's an idiot with poor fashion sense?
    Shit, in college I went through my "bum" phase - long hair with matching longish beard, neither well groomed. Lots of baggy clothing, often a bit covered in paint or torn. Heavy wallet chains (I still have a practical one, but these were big).

College was in a small, mostly white community.

Never once got pulled over, stopped, or questioned by law enforcement or campus security.

But every one of my friends of color, sports players included (they were mini celebrities on-campus) had repeated stories of being pulled over, questioned, detained, or harassed by either local law enforcement and/or campus security.

And I don't think a one of them looked as disheveled and, honestly, kinda fuckin nuts, as I did. And my only crime was that of your brothers, having terrible, awful, no good fashion sense.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Where's the statistic, son? For example how many encounters you have total vs those where unreasonable force was used?

That's all I ask. You people seem to be jumping out of your skin to make Police force into "the devil", surely you have some statistics there at the ready, no?

In case I am not yet crystal clear - effort needs to be made to improve the gaps, introduce reforms, more training and accountability, but no don't "fuck the police", don't disarm the police and don't actively obstruct them from doing their job right now.
    Again you made the claim prove it. Show that comply with police eliminates all police brutality because I’ve already proven your claim wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    banned
    You speak like a Chinese wu mao, supporting censorship of opposition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Because a part of the problem is that many of these officers thrive because people don't know their rights. Because they can "get away" with abusing them and violating their rights because of their ignorance.
    I mean it's really that simple. If you have a driver's license - you know full well what are your rights and responsibilities when you encounter police - it's part of the test, those who don't - I sure as hell they had at least basic education in schools on the thing. I don't know about US, but here you have a basic citizenship course in schools where kids are introduced to their rights, responsibilities, political system, country governance structure and 3 branches of the democracy and their basics.

If US kids don't get them, maybe it's time they do.

Bottom line is - you don't need to be law expert to know what to do when you encounter police.

10+ Year Old Account
    You speak like a Chinese wu mao, supporting censorship of opposition.
    To some extent, yes. Apartheid and White Supremacy is not a valid political opinion that deserves discussion. Because society has to have limits, and the marginalization, exploitation, and persecution of a subset of that society must be beyond those limits.

There are "Differences of opinion" that must be unacceptable to any decent human. You cannot be allowed to have the opinion that racism is acceptable and appropriate to act on, because that "Difference of opinion" leads to people getting murdered for the crime of being Black. Black Americans are Americans. I don't appreciate it when people murder my countrymen, no matter what color the killer or the victim is.

I mean it's really that simple. If you have a driver's license - you know full well what are your rights and responsibilities when you encounter police - it's part of the test, those who don't - I sure as hell they had at least basic education in schools on the thing. I don't know about US, but here you have a basic citizenship course in schools where kids are introduced to their rights, responsibilities, political system, country governance structure and 3 branches of the democracy and their basics.

If US kids don't get them, maybe it's time they do.
    No, sports is far more important in the US education system.