Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    More military gear.
    Like that town of around 13K residents (which is insanely tiny) needed SWAT teams and mine-resistant armored vehicle - https://www.seattleweekly.com/news/w...mored-vehicle/

“It’s not what we want to convey of what our police department is, or what it represents, but it’s a good tool to have in the toolbox,” he said.
    You know, for all those anti-vechicle mines littering the city streets of Snoqualmie.

Almquist said the vehicle has only been used about five times for SWAT calls. But the Caiman is regularly featured as a main staple of coalition city parades during the holidays. It’s also deployed during natural disasters to reach places that regular police vehicles can’t access.
    5 times in 7 years. Mainly used as a penis enhancer for the police during parades. But I won't nock its use as an emergency vehicle during natural disasters, even if there are likely better, more effective, and more cost efficient options.

But hey, all the guys that washed outta boot camp but still want to live their dreams of driving around in armored vehicles while armed can rest easy knowing that their manhood is safe in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    It is sad that it is always the non lethal option that are removed in case of low budget, but not surprinsing in a country with so many weapons. Sending Officers with only non lethal weapons would be a death sentence.

And calling Officers ACAB is sure to get them to listen to you.
    The weapons are mostly owned by white racist right leaning men so gunning down a bunch of black people doesn’t make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    They did not have tasers and were not issued them due to budget apparently.
    Even if that's the case, they still have clubs and mace, both of which could be effectively used to take down a mentally ill assailant with a knife.

- - - Updated - - -

It seems than in this case, they were not armed with tasers due to budget limitations.
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Even if that's the case, they still have clubs and mace, both of which could be effectively used to take down a mentally ill assailant with a knife.

- - - Updated - - -

See above.
    Most police officers (and by that I mean outside the USA) will shoot someone armed with a knife rather than fight him with a mace.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is sad that it is always the non lethal option that are removed in case of low budget, but not surprinsing in a country with so many weapons. Sending Officers with only non lethal weapons would be a death sentence.
    Police departments don't actually have low budgets, in the USA, y'know. They just have priorities that do not include protecting the lives of citizens.

And calling Officers ACAB is sure to get them to listen to you.
    And? I'm not speaking to the officers in question; they're mostly racist violent abusers or at the least, totally fine with racist violent abusers.

That message is for the city council members and the like, who can restructure and reshape that police department, regardless of what the officers in that department want.

It's like if I said "domestic terrorists are violent cowards", and you complained that I wasn't going to change the mind of any domestic terrorists that way. I'm not trying to. I'm pointing out the lack of character that contributes to the problem they present. They can go fuck themselves if they don't like it.

Why the hell would you think I expect the police to fix the problem of police brutality, when my position is that it's the entire culture of policing that's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most police officers (and by that I mean outside the USA) will shoot someone armed with a knife rather than fight him with a mace.
    I'll present you with the Sammy Yatim shooting in Toronto. Guy was armed with a knife, had threatened everyone on a city bus with it. They got the bus evacuated and stopped and were trying to get Yatim to stand down, he kept making threats to officers. He rushed the lead officer, he fired twice, then emptied his clip.

That officer was charged and convicted of attempted murder for that shooting. And the only reason it was only "attempted murder" was because the medical examiner determined it was one of the first two shots that killed Yatim; the remainder were unlawful and thus "attempted murder", because Yatim was already dead (though the officer didn't know that).

This was significantly different than this case because A> Yatim had threatened bystanders, B> Yatim was making verbal threats to the officers, and C> Yatim was clearly expressing violent intent as he rushed.

None of which are true for this guy in Philly.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'll present you with the Sammy Yatim shooting in Toronto. Guy was armed with a knife, had threatened everyone on a city bus with it. They got the bus evacuated and stopped and were trying to get Yatim to stand down, he kept making threats to officers. He rushed the lead officer, he fired twice, then emptied his clip.

That officer was charged and convicted of attempted murder for that shooting. And the only reason it was only "attempted murder" was because the medical examiner determined it was one of the first two shots that killed Yatim; the remainder were unlawful and thus "attempted murder", because Yatim was already dead (though the officer didn't know that).

This was significantly different than this case because A> Yatim had threatened bystanders, B> Yatim was making verbal threats to the officers, and C> Yatim was clearly expressing violent intent as he rushed.

None of which are true for this guy in Philly.
    And it seems than in the case of Sammy Yatim Shooting, they had tasers ready since he was tasered when it was not the case here since they did not have them.

Please add this as a D>. Thanks.

Citation needed. And even if true that doesn't make it right. If police aren't properly trained and equipped then they should not be out on the street. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Is this how people in America rationalize being brutalized?
    Na, the OP is just some white supremacist whose rhetoric for any situation like this is, 'they asked for it'.

lol, cops here doesnt shoot even when people throw rocks and firecrackers at them.
    because you know, they are trained

Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    lol, cops here doesnt shoot even when people throw rocks and firecrackers at them.
    Same, our cops are trained to diffuse situations. My friend has been chased with a fucking axe and he’s had to wrestle the dude into submission instead of playing RDR2.

Quote Originally Posted by Benggaul View Post
    Citation needed. And even if true that doesn't make it right. If police aren't properly trained and equipped then they should not be out on the street. Period.
    Sure sure, but can you blame the officer on the field then ?

- - - Updated - - -

Sure, but again, how can you blame the officers on the field ?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Because they're the ones who shot the guy.

Is this a trick question, or something?

Explains a fair bit about why they dribble such nonsense onto their keyboard as much as they do, though, if they go about under the delusion that law enforcement is pretty much the same in the rest of the developed world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

because they shoot someone?
    i mean, i can blame both the murderer and the ones that let that murderer to shoot people at the same time! shocking

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Because they're the ones who shot the guy.

Is this a trick question, or something?
    So it is their fault if they are under equipped and under trained ?

Its their fault they shoot people, yes. They are fucking adults.

People really should embrace personal responsibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they shoot someone? Absolutely. They still chose to do it. They chose to do the job without proper training or equipment.

What the lack of training and equipment means is that their administration and superiors also carry blame. It doesn't mean the officers take any less blame. It just means there's more people behaving badly and contributing to this outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it’s the fault of every fake police defender who claims there is nothing wrong, as cops have to deal with lack of equipment, training and trust of the community. I blame everyone who desecrates the American flag, in support of police, because they obviously have no clue what they are doing.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Video of the shooting. The video cuts out right before the shots are fired, but still shows the body on the ground after so graphic warning.

And uncensored version of the full video below. Graphic warning.
    https://leakreality.com/video/12357/...t-philadelphia
    Can't believe anyone is defending that dead criminal, he went aggressive towards them at an alarming rate. Given how disturbing this whole BLM movement has been putting everyone on edge, and with the few months of school the police have over there, I'd say they did their best.

And people waving 2nd amendment as a defense for this loony?