10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Doesn't change what? That a drunk woman drove into dozens of people, severely injuring them?

So what if this guy was drunk? I fail to see how that changes anything other than adding DWI charges to the list that he's likely to face, and I'm unsure if Texas has any laws related to using a firearm while intoxicated but if they I imagine those could be added as well.

Again, still not sure why you're searching so desperately for ways to defend a guy who drove his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters and then murdered one of them.
    I'm not sure exactly when conservatives started embracing these stupid ass deontological arguments to the effect of "well the protesters are the ultimate cause of the civil disruption so any and all reactions against them are excusable on those grounds" which are both untrue and sociopathic as fuck, but I am going to blame Reagan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Doesn't change what? That a drunk woman drove into dozens of people, severely injuring them?

So what if this guy was drunk? I fail to see how that changes anything other than adding DWI charges to the list that he's likely to face, and I'm unsure if Texas has any laws related to using a firearm while intoxicated but if they I imagine those could be added as well.

Again, still not sure why you're searching so desperately for ways to defend a guy who drove his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters and then murdered one of them.
    The issue is ppl accusing someone without even his version of the facts.

I do not care about that guy, but I do note that the manifestation did not have a security service as cars were still on its path. Is there not any legal need to declare a manifestation and to have a security service to avoid that kind of issue ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post

I do not care about that guy, but I do note that the manifestation did not have a security service as cars were still on its path. Is there not any legal need to declare a manifestation and to have a security service to avoid that kind of issue ?
    Lol, more "perfect protest" nonsense. Sorry hun, most ad hoc demonstrations don't have Principals Skinner phoning ahead to make an appointment with the mayor to demand a Bear Patrol.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

We're forming our opinion based on all the available evidence which largely includes -

Man turned illegally on a red without yielding, accellerating his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters unprovoked.
    Man is surrounded by protesters furious that he, intentionally or not, almost drove over them.
    Man uses his own firearm to shoot and kill a protester.

Almost all of this is backed up by both video evidence, eyewitness testimony, and police confirmation.

What facts are we missing out on here that we're unfairly characterizing his actions?

"Well yeah MBS ordered the dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, but we haven't heard his side of the story yet." isn't a compelling argument.

...a "manifestation"? What?

We're forming our opinion based on all the available evidence which largely includes -

Man turned illegally on a red without yielding, accellerating his car into a crowd of peaceful protesters unprovoked.
    Man is surrounded by protesters furious that he, intentionally or not, almost drove over them.
    Man uses his own firearm to shoot and kill a protester.

Almost all of this is backed up by both video evidence, eyewitness testimony, and police confirmation.

What facts are we missing out on here that we're unfairly characterizing his actions?

"Well yeah MBS ordered the dismemberment of Jamal Khashoggi, but we haven't heard his side of the story yet." isn't a compelling argument.

A demonstration, I think it is the right word in english.

And you are lacking why he did it. If it was on purpose, he clearly tried to run over people with his car. If not, he probably panicked and the vision of a guy with an assault rifle, not even pointed at him, did not help.

10+ Year Old Account
    *politely clears throat* The Russian word for protest can be translated as either demonstration or manifestation. Look at the join date, also.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    *politely clears throat* The Russian word for protest can be translated as either demonstration or manifestation. Look at the join date, also.
    I am from France, and what is my join date important ? I am reading this web site since its creation.

A demonstration, I think it is the right word in english.
    Peaceful protests do not need security, and can reasonably expect to not have cars run them over while they're in the streets.

Strange that the protest seemed to walk around, and by, what appear to be dozens of other cars without those cars also running into them.

And you are lacking why he did it. If it was on purpose, he clearly tried to run over people with his car.
    "It was an accident" isn't a criminal defense in the majority of crimes, and at best just gets you lesser charges.

If not, he probably panicked and the vision of a guy with an assault rifle, not even pointed at him, did not help.
    Not applicable. Garrett Foster was legally carrying a firearm, and the simple presence of someone armed is not justification to open fire on that person in the US. We can debate whether this is right or not separately, but again, you're desperately carrying water for the shooter here in addition to apparently not understanding some fundamental laws in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    What I find incredible is how quickly the driver was able to pull out a gun, take the safety off, cock it, point it at the guy and fire off multiple rounds in the span of a couple of seconds after the car stopped. Also, the last picture of him doesn't show him pointing his rifle:

10+ Year Old Account
    I am from France, and what is my join date important ? I am reading this web site since its creation.
    You're from France and can't even get events from your own country right?

Hmmm... Hmmmm....

3+ Year Old Account
    hey someone ask this "frenchie" what his gut reaction is when a truck driven by a muslim plows into a crowd of people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wunksta View Post
    What I find incredible is how quickly the driver was able to pull out a gun, take the safety off, cock it, point it at the guy and fire off multiple rounds in the span of a couple of seconds after the car stopped. Also, the last picture of him doesn't show him pointing his rifle:
    [IMG]https://hw-static.worldstarhiphop.com/u/pic/2020/07/oVksSb7RL6VP.jpg[G]
    It's almost as if terrorism is usually premeditated.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You're from France and can't even get events from your own country right?

Hmmm... Hmmmm....
    So you do remember perfectly all the events that happened in your country over the course of 22 years ?

10+ Year Old Account
    So you do remember perfectly all the events that happened in your country over the course of 22 years ?
    No, but I usually have the good sense to refresh myself on them before trying to use them as evidence for a point I'm trying to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    No, but I usually have the good sense to refresh myself on them before trying to use them as evidence for a point I'm trying to make.
    Obviously, but still you can't remember and that is my bad I did not check beforehand. That is not excuse for the behavior of some people on this thread though.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, but when I try to make a point, I don't just throw shit out without double checking my memory.

Then again, I'm not usually in a rush to defend terrorists, so *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    No, but when I try to make a point, I don't just throw shit out without double checking my memory.

Then again, I'm not usually in a rush to defend terrorists, so *shrug*
    So he is a terrorist now ? Not that I am defending him either.

3+ Year Old Account
    Not that I am defending him either.
    he said, with the most rictus grin slapped across his face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that the alt-right have been talking about driving into crowds and how to prepare legal defenses to avoid jail time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I am defending him either.
    I'm sorry, I keep forgetting that Woke Independents never support anything, and definitively don't only ever ask to wait to pass judgement when it's a certain political spectrum carrying out terrorist acts.