Digging up the past to justify actions in the present is the current M.O. all over the place. Not surprised it's done in this case as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    I won't feel bad for some piece of shit that never should have been free if they die.
    So, you just enjoy holding something someone did a long time ago over their heads indefinitely? You dont believe in being reformed or redeemed? If someone commited a robbery over 30 years ago but hasnt done anything since, he deserves to die?

Sounds like you're fine with police brutality to me when its convienent for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Apparantly he robbed a place in 2007, and was released in 2014 and hadnt done anything bad since.

So again, just looking for any excuse to be hateful. If he had essentially reformed, then what he did over a decade ago should have no bearing on what happened to him.
    Hey, did you know that Target that got burned down smoked weed when it was in franchise high school? I wish it could have been avoided but it was just on a bad path in life and it was inevitable that it would end up looted and set on fire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to sympathise with someone that's threatened a pregnant woman by putting a gun to her belly while invading their home.
    Again, if it happened long enough ago that they have turned their life around, whats the problem?

Stop excusing criminal cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not going to sympathise with someone that's threatened a pregnant woman by putting a gun to her belly while invading their home.
    Yeah, how about this guy? What are your opinions about him?

See Image: Who is Derek M. Chauvin?

https://ibw21.org/commentary/earl-of...erek-m-chauvin
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

You don't have to. But you should still be outraged by the racist, extrajudicial murder of that man that took place over 9 minutes.

Nobody is asking you to like the guy, dude. Just understand that you could be that guy one day, and you'd better hope you haven't done anythign bad in your life at any point so that tolerant folks like yourself can come out and say how you deserved to be murdered by the police.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    So again, just looking for any excuse to be hateful. If he had essentially reformed, then what he did over a decade ago should have no bearing on what happened to him.
    Would you say same thing about someone who twitted an n-word back in his middle school days?

13 years ago. Served his time.

Was he threatening anyone when Derek Chauvin choked him to death? Because that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Would you say same thing about someone who twitted an n-word back in his middle school days?
    How old are they now? What have they done since then? Are they running for public office?

Context matters, my dude.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This has no barring at all to his murder or the continued police brutality it is completely and utter irrelevant and no one should pretend other wise or act like the people who trout it out cared in the first place about the actual issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in forgiving people who threaten to kill others, especially pregnant women and their unborn child, over material possessions.
    Again, why are you holding a regular citizen to a higher standard than cops? Because it seems to be like you're falling for the coppaganda here and implying the cop didnt do anything worng because Floyd "had a decade old criminal record" and doing a whole lot of pearl clutching.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man it's almost as if the dudes brandishing weapons aren't actually threatening the dominant socioeconomic group in the same way as the peaceful protesters who are being shot at and gassed.

You're literally just proving that all the MAGA shit is white performance art, hun.
    Imagine being able to keep a straight face spinning a fictional account of white victimhood wherein white citizens are not the historical perpetrators of--inclusive though not exhaustive--mauling, shooting, looting, lynching, bombing and burning down businesses and churches with little girls inside, chaining black men to the back of trucks and dragging them to their deaths, and then holding those armed white people up as aspirational model-citizens for not killing anyone while protesting the discomfort of being asked to stay indoors during a pandemic.
    Last edited by Levelfive; 2020-06-02 at 04:59 PM.
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeeep, cause teenagers be stupid and should be allowed to fix that.

Are you the same person you were in middle school? would you like to be judged on those standards for the rest of your life?

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, are you really about to compare being ostracized on twitter to being choked to death in a parking lot?

The depths to which you people will sink to win an argument, christ and allah.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Are you the same person you were in middle school? would you like to be judged on those standards for the rest of your life?
    He's trying to play a gotcha game, and I aint got no time for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't.
    Well your post speaks to the contrary.

I don't.
    You are, Mr. Internet Racist Troll.

I don't.
    Cop has a history of aggression and was reported multiple times without action taken.

Does his history play a role in this too? Maybe he was looking for an excuse to murder someone, based off his prior violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe in forgiving people who threaten to kill others, especially pregnant women and their unborn child, over material possessions.
    Ultimately irrelevant. In the aftermath, you have the benefit of all this knowledge. You get to pick apart this man's life and decide he deserved to die (which is a ridiculous stance, but we'll move past that for the sake of argument). The cop who killed him did not. In the moment, he decided to take this man's life because...why?