Getting Voldunai Race

Hey Team,

Just got back into the game after a VERY long hiatus , really keen to play this new Voldunai race but I heard its a massive grind

I heard a rumor they may be unlocking the rep requirement for shadowlands if this is true is it even worth grinding it out?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    "Massive grind" is relative, but yes the rep requirement will be removed in SL (or perhaps even the pre-patch). You'll still need to complete the storyline and thus the achievement of Vol'dun if you wish to unlock the vulpera post-BFA.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Modern reps are only 'massive grinds' if you try to come in one month and finish them asap. Single world quest (modern alternative for daily) usually gives only 75 rep.

But every day different rep has emissary quest that rewards 1500 reputation for doing only 4 world quests, usually it takes ~20 minutes even without flying if you know what to do. So if you play regularly and treat reputations only as side game to your max level activity, you will get exalted in all reps with 0 grind. But it will take few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Modern reps are only 'massive grinds' if you try to come in one month and finish them asap. Single world quest (modern alternative for daily) usually gives only 75 rep.

But every day different rep has emissary quest that rewards 1500 reputation for doing only 4 world quests, usually it takes ~20 minutes even without flying if you know what to do. So if you play regularly and treat reputations only as side game to your max level activity, you will get exalted in all reps with 0 grind. But it will take few months.
    To clarify ,

I have the insane title , when I said 'Massive Grind' i was referring to more actual time , for example if there was a place I could kill mobs for 1 rep each I would kill 33k of them and go on a 40 hour bender I just hate having to wait for a month to get there in that regard modern Wow rep grinds are much harder in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    To clarify ,

I have the insane title , when I said 'Massive Grind' i was referring to more actual time , for example if there was a place I could kill mobs for 1 rep each I would kill 33k of them and go on a 40 hour bender I just hate having to wait for a month to get there in that regard modern Wow rep grinds are much harder in my opinion
    I suppose modern WoW has rep gates rather than rep grinds.

Quote Originally Posted by dazie View Post
    To clarify ,

You can grind Isle Expeditions for Dubloons, and buy the rep Tokens (Shimmering Shell). Unfortunately you just missed Darkmoon Faire for the 10% rep, it's s 250 per token.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I suppose modern WoW has rep gates rather than rep grinds.
    Note above, you can farm rep endlessly till exalted
    Last edited by Daedius; 2020-06-19 at 07:23 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Threads like these make me worried that more future races are going to be anthropomorphic animals, which is greatly concerning.

Rep grind for an AR sucks if you're coming into BFA as late as this though. Glad it's gone in SL
    Last edited by Sagenod; 2020-06-19 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Threads like these make me worried that more future races are going to be anthropomorphic animals, which is greatly concerning.

Rep grind for an AR sucks if you're coming into BFA as late as this though. Glad it's gone in SL
    Don't call it too early, I'm about 99% sure they are going to add Kyrians and Sylvar to the Alliance and Venthyr and Maldraxxi to the Horde.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Don't call it too early, I'm about 99% sure they are going to add Kyrians and Sylvar to the Alliance and Venthyr and Maldraxxi to the Horde.
    What exactly are Maldraxxi? The Necrolords are a bunch of undead with varying aesthetics aren't they? I don't see how they are going to create a playable race from all of that unless it's a skeleton, which if that's the case just allow the Forsaken to be fully skeletal like many people ask for.

What exactly are Maldraxxi? The Necrolords are a bunch of undead with varying aesthetics aren't they? I don't see how they are going to create a playable race from all of that unless it's a skeleton, which if that's the case just allow the Forsaken to be fully skeletal like many people ask for.
    It could be the Skeletons, since they would be an awesome addition to the Horde as a way to be fully skeletal or Lichlike. But the skeletons have barely seen any changes since early early Alpha, meanwhile the Gladiators are taking a much more prominent role as well as having both male and female versions. Not as clear-cut as Kyrians and Venthyr thats for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doin the quest chain alone puts you basically already on honored. So much about "massive grind".
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    It could be the Skeletons, since they would be an awesome addition to the Horde as a way to be fully skeletal or Lichlike. But the skeletons have barely seen any changes since early early Alpha, meanwhile the Gladiators are taking a much more prominent role as well as having both male and female versions. Not as clear-cut as Kyrians and Venthyr thats for sure.

How about giving the forsaken skeletal options and then adding ogres and/or vrykul as a playable race? Sure, they don't fit into the story....yet. Did the void elves even exist in 7.0? lol no. Based on what i've seen, another undead race on the horde is going to be redundant. They are just scourge +1... Hmm, similar to how the LF draenei are just draenei +1. Wow, it's fascinating to me how uncreative this design team is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Massive grind" is relative, but yes the rep requirement will be removed in SL (or perhaps even the pre-patch). You'll still need to complete the storyline and thus the achievement of Vol'dun if you wish to unlock the vulpera post-BFA.
    Pump the brakes, is this confirmed? 'Cause if so, I'm about to have a plethora of new alts to fuck around with. Doing the zone storylines should have been all the allied races needed in the first place, especially if Blizzard is going to keep sticking with the snail's-pace rep slogs they've been committed to since Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, it's pretty much a done deal that the fauns or whatever their proper name is will be an allied race, as like the vulpera before them they have entirely too much work put into their models that a simple NPC race wouldn't have put into them. I would wager the winged Kyrian may also become an allied race, with a racial flying 'mount' akin to the worgen Running Wild. For the Venthyr and Necrolords it's less clear-cut but the Gladiators seem like a reasonable bet for Necrolords, ditto those vampire folk for the Venthyr.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    Pump the brakes, is this confirmed? 'Cause if so, I'm about to have a plethora of new alts to fuck around with. Doing the zone storylines should have been all the allied races needed in the first place, especially if Blizzard is going to keep sticking with the snail's-pace rep slogs they've been committed to since Argus.

- - - Updated - - -

So far, it's pretty much a done deal that the fauns or whatever their proper name is will be an allied race, as like the vulpera before them they have entirely too much work put into their models that a simple NPC race wouldn't have put into them. I would wager the winged Kyrian may also become an allied race, with a racial flying 'mount' akin to the worgen Running Wild. For the Venthyr and Necrolords it's less clear-cut but the Gladiators seem like a reasonable bet for Necrolords, ditto those vampire folk for the Venthyr.
    Yeah i'm disappointed we'll be getting fauns instead of satyrs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah i'm disappointed we'll be getting fauns instead of satyrs.
    I'm willing to see how they pan out. With the big push for customization this go-round, we might get satyrs as customization options for the fauns.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to see how they pan out. With the big push for customization this go-round, we might get satyrs as customization options for the fauns.
    True and that's what I'm hoping for! But i mean the actual satyr design, not just fauns with some satyr vibes. There is a difference to me, considering the fauns look so innocent and friendly compared to the satyrs. I don't really like it

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be

- - - Updated - - -

It was confirmed months ago yes

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann