Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You are literally blaming others for making more gold, and say they are ruining your gaming experience. That's a very good indication that you are mad.
    People that farm and cause inflation lowers the value of gold, thus causing a worse experience for those that don't farm. This is a statement of fact, not opinion. I have never claimed they ruin my gaming experience. If pigs can fly, then I am a billionaire. Welp, guess I'm a billionaire because I didn't bother to test the hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    People that farm and cause inflation lowers the value of gold, thus causing a worse experience for those that don't farm. This is a statement of fact, not opinion. I have never claimed they ruin my gaming experience. If pigs can fly, then I am a billionaire. Welp, guess I'm a billionaire because I didn't bother to test the hypothesis.
    No, that's a statement of opinion, based on a fact. That does not mean that their experience is actually worse, merely that increased gold in an economy can cause inflation.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-06-11 at 05:54 PM.

No, that's a statement of opinion, based on a fact. That does not mean that their experience is actually worse, merely that increased gold in an economy can cause inflation.
    And their gold is worth less, meaning they can do fewer things in the game that cost gold.

And their gold is worth less, meaning they can do fewer things in the game that cost gold.
    Once again, that's not harming their experience, unless you want to argue that anyone literally ever looting anything is harming the experience of others.

Once again, that's not harming their experience, unless you want to argue that anyone literally ever looting anything is harming the experience of others.
    Again, it's a matter of magnitude. Garrison gold was fine. Until people were doing it 20 times per day. Magnitude.

Again, it's a matter of magnitude. Garrison gold was fine. Until people were doing it 20 times per day. Magnitude.
    So, is that the argument you want to stick with... that everyone who ever loots anything is harming everyone else's experience?

I just want to be very, very clear.

If not, then farmers are not harming others.

So, is that the argument you want to stick with... that everyone who ever loots anything is harming everyone else's experience?

I just want to be very, very clear.

If not, then farmers are not harming others.
    You're ignoring the key component to my argument. Magnitude.

You're ignoring the key component to my argument. Magnitude.
    So, at exactly what point does it become harmful?

So, at exactly what point does it become harmful?
    I have no idea. The post in question had an inflation rate of over 200%. I'd say that's definitely past the point of harm.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It's another example of people playing the game in ways they never did before.

I don't even have that strong of feelings about it, but it is/is going to be so unbalancing to the economy that it'd be less of a change from vanilla to nerf it than to have every item cost 10x what it should.

And as the youtube videos pile up it's only going to become more common.

Possible options:
    --Nothing (I view this as extremely unlikely if people are actually pulling 300-400 gold/hour out of ZG)
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers leash
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers run faster
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers path differently
    --They'll throw some axe-throwers in
    --They'll nerf the gold off them
    --They'll make the lockouts BWL style where the trash stays dead

You know i would rather watch my own wall being painted dry and stare it for hours and hours than worrying about ZG one pull thing cuz it's a fucking 15 years old news. Why is this important to you worrying about pixels thing? It's more likely they probably nerf golds off them.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-06-11 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post

Bullshit. You don't make 5-7k gold just doing dungeons, leveling and raiding unless you get lucky on BoE drops.
    Over 9 months? I pick a herb here and there when running to somewhere, that's about the extend of farming I've done.

I also knew exactly what items would increase in value, because we have all the knowledge about Classic and what is needed, so I did some investing early, but not much.

Not sure what to tell you, except it's what I've done. I hate farming, I dont have time to farm, I have a family and a job. I play at most 4 hours/day after my son has fallen asleep, I don't spend those hours on boring shit.

Also, while doing things online, BoEs etc build up and sell. I've ran a lot of Strat for instance for dungeon pieces, and got a bunch of orbs there that sold. Didn't "farm" them, just won rolls while doing something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    people also cared about being efficient in the past. The information just wasn't as widespread and mature as it is now.
    Exactly, there wasn't one million guides back then.
    Last edited by Noxina; 2020-06-11 at 08:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

I have no idea. The post in question had an inflation rate of over 200%. I'd say that's definitely past the point of harm.
    If you cannot state at exactly what point it becomes harmful, then stating it is objectively harmful seems rather fucking absurd.

Either that, or you have to argue that literally all looting of every single mob is harmful.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2020-06-11 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Sadly, the community is at fault.

I now agree with the "you think you do, but you don't". The playerbase has changed so much.
    This game made Blizzard many many millions of dollars and still does. What that schmuck said was the most retarded statement from a future CEO ever.

Maybe they could mess with the bridge and make it so that you can't climb it. Or make the mobs evade. But since they didn't do anything yet they probably won't do shit. The problem is not that people make gold. The problem is that people make gold using a path exploit.

If you cannot state at exactly what point it becomes harmful, then stating it is objectively harmful seems rather fucking absurd.

Either that, or you have to argue that literally all looting of every single mob is harmful.
    It is a value between 1% and 200%, then.

It is a value between 1% and 200%, then.
    So, literally anyone looting any mobs... got it.

So, literally anyone looting any mobs... got it.
    Never said that. Actually said exactly the opposite of that.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-06-11 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    I mean, I know that eating one chocolate isn't a big deal, but eating 100 lbs is, but I don't know the exact point at which it becomes bad. I don't know who's right here, but your argument here is the one that seems pretty absurd... you don't have to know the exact tipping point, there's obviously a continuum here and he thinks this particular thing is too rewarding. It's not too hard to understand, is it?

You guys are just trying to make each other look absurd while willfully pretending not to understand each other.
    Except, the argument would be that doing so actually harms others, and that's the problem. If farming lots of gold harms others, due to inflation, then even farming any gold also harms others, due to inflation.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said that. Actually said exactly the opposite of that.
    Then you are not being consistent, and this is all based on your feels, making it entirely subjective, and not an objective fact.

How funny would it be if one day they just added snapping to Classic.
    You aggro those hundred mobs and jump on that rope and they all snap up there with you like in M+ rofl
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    It's an entirely reasonable stance to accept a small amount of inflation because farmers produce more gold, but be opposed to a huge amount of inflation that occurs because a new source of farming is suddenly much better than all the rest.

You argument is like saying, "You can either be opposed to taxes, or for taxes, regardless of the tax rate". Obviously that's not how it works. I can accept a 10% tax even if it hurts me, but opposed to a 100% tax.

This feels like the type of logical argument that people would never make in person because it's absurd, but that pops up on the internet because people have time to try to make these complicated statements that don't really hold up when you just snap out of it.

Also, this seems relevant:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slippery_slope
    So, at what point does it become unacceptable? If one is claiming farming gold causes harm, then setting that mark is important.

it's a good thing I'm arguing against the slippery slope.

Then you are not being consistent, and this is all based on your feels, making it entirely subjective, and not an objective fact.
    This is not true. I've been consistent. I've stated that too much inflation negatively affects the gaming experience for someone who does not farm. This is an objective fact. You have already been proven wrong in two areas regarding this: 1) that I'm mad and 2) that it's objective.

Do I know what the definition of "too much" is? No. I've stated that it is definitely somewhere between 1% and 200% inflation. You seem to assert that my argument is that it is 1 copper worth of farming, which is an invention of your imagination. Feelings have not impacted this discussion whatsoever. Logic has. And you don't have it.
    Last edited by Jonnusthegreat; 2020-06-11 at 11:06 PM.