Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

What will they do about (ZG) one-pulls?

It's another example of people playing the game in ways they never did before.

I don't even have that strong of feelings about it, but it is/is going to be so unbalancing to the economy that it'd be less of a change from vanilla to nerf it than to have every item cost 10x what it should.

And as the youtube videos pile up it's only going to become more common.

Possible options:
    --Nothing (I view this as extremely unlikely if people are actually pulling 300-400 gold/hour out of ZG)
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers leash
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers run faster
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers path differently
    --They'll throw some axe-throwers in
    --They'll nerf the gold off them
    --They'll make the lockouts BWL style where the trash stays dead
    Last edited by garicasha; 2020-06-11 at 11:31 AM.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Blizzard does not care about bots so why would they do something about using 'clever use of game mechanics'?

Nothing. They will do nothing. Vanilla was pisseasy, vanilla was an unbalanced mess, and this is what people wanted to experience.

I highly disagree they don't care about bots. Hell, over the last 15 years I'd be surprised if they'd spent less than a 100,000 manhours trying to get rid of them. And that's a lot of moolah to pay software devs living in the Los Angeles area.

I think we'll also see one part of the true vanilla experience...casual guilds getting wrecked by AQ40 and realizing there's nothing to do besides farm a 5-man or MC/BWL the zillionth time unless they want to go farm a ton of raid mats each week.
    Raid bosses will always be very similar so long as encounter design requires DPS to always be pumping 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Nothing. They will do nothing. Vanilla was pisseasy, vanilla was an unbalanced mess, and this is what people wanted to experience.
    It's almost as if vanilla was meant to be an immersive online world and not a breakneck competition for tryhards.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    It's another example of people playing the game in ways they never did before.

I don't even have that strong of feelings about it, but it is/is going to be so unbalancing to the economy that it'd be less of a change from vanilla to nerf it than to have every item cost 10x what it should.

And as the youtube videos pile up it's only going to become more common.

Possible options:
    --Nothing (I view this as extremely unlikely if people are actually pulling 300-400 gold/hour out of ZG)
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers leash
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers run faster
    --They'll make crocolisks and tigers path differently
    --They'll throw some axe-throwers in
    --They'll nerf the gold off them
    --They'll make the lockouts BWL style where the trash stays dead
    the lockout already is BWL style, you get an ID once you kill a boss. the difference is there is a boss before there is any trash in BWL.

Welcome to Vanilla: the Future edition where the game hasn't aged but the adience has and whilst doing so, gained an insane amount of experience. It's like coming back to the "fit the geometric figure in the right hole"-game when you're 30 years old.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

The only consequence of an inflated economy is that vendoring items will be less desirable as compared to selling on AH.

Who cares if a mooncloth is 50g instead of 15g if you have 3000g instead of 800g.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't foresee any major changes being made. At best, some mobs might leash. However, keep in mind two important things: One, not everyone has the skill necessary to pull this off. Two, even if all the top-end raid guilds are pulling in gobs of gold per hour, what ultimately determines the market is what people are willing to pay for a given item. Sure, this might disrupt affordable pricing on high-end crafting mats and any BoEs that happen to be pre-raid BiS (you know, the typical stuff that qualifies as 'luxury goods' in AH markets), but when most players are not pulling in that kind of hourly gold barring lucky drops with aforementioned BoEs, the general necessities are still going to normalize in price based on supply and demand.

There will always be people flooding the markets just to get a bunch of stuff out of their bags and priced accordingly. With this in mind, I have to ask: what's it matter if a comparative handful of guilds are farming a bunch of gold with ZG one-pulls? General longevity in the game will do far more damage to the markets as players amass 60s and gold over time versus any get-rich-quick schemes; the issue with Certain Private Servers charging impractical rates for new players to buy leveling gear off the AH to shore up some slots they haven't replaced in a long while is because of how old the community there is. Classic's got plenty of time before that becomes a serious issue, by which point I would doubt many leveling players are new to Classic versus people just enjoying the experience again on a new race or class.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I don't get why people still think that they will do shit about balance etc. issues in Classic. Whole point of it was people to experience it with all its flaws and you got what you asked for and now you just gotta deal with it or move back to retail.

The only problem this game has is that there is prob just as many bots as normal players. Played WoW for years saw thousands of bots already on retail - but man WoW Classic is something on a completely different scale.

People aren't pulling 300-400g from zg farms based on the drops alone, its through boosting and as such, it's just wealth being shifted, not generated from thin air.

Since there is no new content, finding new ways to play the game is one of the central things you can do in classic. This doesnt seem particularly exploity. So I dont see a reason why they should nerf this.

The game where everything that is outside of the intended player behaviour gets nerved in an instant is retail. That game has new content to compensate for being on rails.

Classic is supposed to be the messy sandbox where you find your own fun. So stuff like this is good. Especially if it outperforms bots and cant be used by bots (no idea if either of those are true).
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

They wont do anything. remember " no changes" so

I think it's too late to do anything about gold in Classic WoW. If you change farms now, it's unfair for players who started later and realistically don't have a chance to catch up anymore if gold gains get fixed.

I do hope they do a hard gold reset for TBC though (although that is only useful if they finally decide to do something about botting). I was on a medium sized server and I remember epic flying mounts were a pretty rare sight until the isle of quel danas dailies got released (which generated a ton of gold). As it stands, almost every classic player will buy epic flying the moment they hit 70.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    I highly disagree they don't care about bots. Hell, over the last 15 years I'd be surprised if they'd spent less than a 100,000 manhours trying to get rid of them. And that's a lot of moolah to pay software devs living in the Los Angeles area.

I think we'll also see one part of the true vanilla experience...casual guilds getting wrecked by AQ40 and realizing there's nothing to do besides farm a 5-man or MC/BWL the zillionth time unless they want to go farm a ton of raid mats each week.
    Aq40 hard, haha. Remember when they said that about BWL? Yee.

AQ40 will be a breeze, bosses will die in minutes. NOTHING WILL EVER BE HARD in these Classic versions of the game. Nothing in Classic, nothing in TBClassic (if it comes) etc. We've done everything before, there is no surprises. We know exactly what to do in AQ40, and Naxx. And most guilds are overgeared allready.

And why would they do anything about ZG one-pulls? It's Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    It's almost as if vanilla was meant to be an immersive online world and not a breakneck competition for tryhards.
    Sadly, the community is at fault.

I now agree with the "you think you do, but you don't". The playerbase has changed so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Sadly, the community is at fault.

I now agree with the "you think you do, but you don't". The playerbase has changed so much.
    Not necessary the playerbase, but the hunger at doing everything as effective as possible. You see this in every game, if you do something outside of meta you're slowing everyone down and get booted. 15 years ago we where absolute noobs with everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    The only consequence of an inflated economy is that vendoring items will be less desirable as compared to selling on AH.

Who cares if a mooncloth is 50g instead of 15g if you have 3000g instead of 800g.
    The people that don't farm care. That's the problem, just like in real life when the rich get so rich they can do whatever they want, but the poor can't do anything.

Classic is the ultimate stoner version of WoW, to be honest most people back then played inebriated to actually make it a challenge lol.