Page 1 of 21
... LastLast

LARP Farm: The ambitious gardeners and their noble gardening efforts in the CHAZ

https://thepostmillennial.com/seattle-chaz-larp-farm

The Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in Seattle has made significant strides in planting and growing their own vegetables amid efforts to really put the "autonomous" in "autonomous zone."

The fundamental issue that Seattle's insurgents appear to have with the US is its staunch support and perpetuation of capitalism, which many of them perceive to be synonymous with racism.

Therefore, grocery stores in the US are apparently racist since they operate under the economic system of capitalism. But members of CHAZ still need to eat, and have quickly developed a work-around to the capitalist system they so utterly condemn and wish to squash (no pun intended).

The Twitter account @Farmingforrevo1 tweeted a photo of the strong progress CHAZ gardeners have made so far with their literal "grassroots" attempt to provide nourishment to all those within the zone.

What these ambitious gardeners did not consider before falling to their knees and digging in is that putting cardboard under the soil of the plants does not augur well for the longevity and production of what it is they are planting.

But one cannot fault them for the effort.

Another Twitter account that goes by @Buckeye36 shared a couple photos of more gardening work from the ambitious gardeners wishing to provide for the zone.

These same gardeners have, again, made the same mistake in putting cardboard under the topsoil instead of removing the grass and planting the crops directly into the earth.

Everyone is familiar with Karl Marx's famous one-liner: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs." But it appears that these ambitious gardeners have missed out on the crucial bit about "ability."

And it does not stop there.

These ambitious gardeners in CHAZ have even started to build up what is known as a "potato tower," which is a widely debunked strategy in growing large quantities of potatoes within a small, square-shaped tower.

But for now, efforts to grow and cultivate their crops have been hampered by the appearance of a homeless man who turned the farming plot into a fighting arena, challenging passersby to mortal combat.

Only time will tell if the CHAZ will exist long enough to see what is reaped out of what the ambitious gardeners have sown, but it goes without saying that capitalism and its grocery stores exist for very good reasons—one of which is that we do not have to rely on unskilled anarchists to provide us our sources of sustenance.

I love how their cardboard farm got taken over by...a vagrant gladiator challenging people to combat.

2020, folks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly gardening sounds like a great idea since it's much more healthy and productive then basically every other thing that they could be doing. They should really stop making all those signs though because it makes them look like they live in a fantasy land when they write things like "plant allies".

Only time will tell if the CHAZ will exist long enough
    My guess is people will lose interests in all of this within a couple months and then law enforcement will be forced to return and clean up the mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Honestly gardening sounds like a great idea since it's much more healthy and productive then basically every other thing that they could be doing. They should really stop making all those signs though because it makes them look like they live in a fantasy land when they write things like "plant allies".
    They are not... you are taking a single picture and thinking it represents the whole. They had documentaries showing 2 nights ago, including about drag queens in NYC. There are a shit ton of people enjoying all the art installations and free food being given out. While places like fox are literally doctoring pictures to pretend there are horrors going on. There was a concert, tons of art installations and they are showing documentaries about mistreated members of society.

My guess is people will lose interests in all of this within a couple months and then law enforcement will be forced to return and clean up the mess.
    Than you are not from Seattle... we have tent cities, year round, that get dispersed by cops. This is all of them joining in one spot and being supported by those suffering from 30% unemployment in WA state right now. When rent is no longer on hold and the extra 600 towards unemployment stops in July, that place will only grow.

The horrors... children are not afraid, but these propogating bullshit is telling you, to be afraid? Why do they want you to be so afraid?

Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-14 at 04:44 AM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    They are not... you are taking a single picture and thinking it represents the whole. They had documentaries showing 2 nights ago, including about drag queens in NYC. There are a shit ton of people enjoying all the art installations and free food being given out. While places like fox are literally doctoring pictures to pretend there are horrors going on. There was a concert, tons of art installations and they are showing documentaries about mistreated members of society.
    Nah I understand that it's just the craziest 1% of people who would write a sign like that, but I follow some of these folks on Twitter and I have little doubt that they are genuine.

The horrors... children are not afraid, but these propogating bullshit is telling you, to be afraid?
    They won't be afraid until the first time unlawful activity starts happening. That's when they'll start crying and screaming for the police to come in and impose authority which will then end the notion that that these are "autonomous" zones and that the people actually want autonomy from basic government services.

Why do they want you to be so afraid?
    It's got nothing to do with being "afraid". I don't even live in the city so this doesn't effect me at all, but that doesn't mean I can't talk about the topic.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-06-14 at 05:31 AM.

C'mon people, just ignore the assaults, death threats, extortion, and intimidation, the hippies threw a concert!

Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Nobody is ignoring what the cops are doing
    When a guy is shot in a Wendy's restaurant parking lot in Atlanta. The "protesters" burned down Wendy's.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can do what they want as long as they don't get violent, for all I care. As is I consider this interesting theater.

Can Masdau is a good example of what they're trying to do, but without all the cringe and begging for pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Than you are not from Seattle... we have tent cities, year round, that get dispersed by cops. This is all of them joining in one spot and being supported by those suffering from 30% unemployment in WA state right now.
    Oh my, how did the most liberal and progressive state end up in such a mess?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's about time this shit gets dispersed.

Bunch of retards literally took over the neighborhood with their crap. I can bet your ass actual people living there are far less enthusiastic over this shit.

There's limit to every nonsense and in my opinion that limit was reached there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    A bunch of non-violent community events are going on and the conservatives on this forum are the saltiest they have ever been.

Nothing is actually stopping the cops, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Becease liberalism and conservatism are the same disease to mankind?

But... why? Why do they cover the grass with cardboard and then put soil on top of it to plant stuff? Did no one consider planting in the existing soil? I don't get it.

10+ Year Old Account

...this is a scene from monthy python and the media is reporting on it a fact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    When a guy is shot in a Wendy's restaurant parking lot in Atlanta. The "protesters" burned down Wendy's.

I live in Atlanta and just some points of what has happened because of that:

-the officer who shot the young man has been fired while the second officer is on administrative leave (just lol)
    -the police chief of the Atlanta Police Department resigned because of this (the NAACP called for her resignation, the mayor of Atlanta called for the firing of the officer)
    -from my understanding there are "sub-groups" of protesters in Atlanta absolutely condemning the burning down of the Wendy's as they know the group of people involved were not actually activists/protesters
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2020-06-14 at 12:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    But... why? Why do they cover the grass with cardboard and then put soil on top of it to plant stuff? Did no one consider planting in the existing soil? I don't get it.
    You do it in gardening in weed heavy areas to basically start from scratch so seeds don't pop up, especially if you aren't planting heavily enough to block them out. Especially for aesthetic purposes; put down cardboard or gardening paper around shrubs, put down mulch on top, not doing any actual planting just having a nice colored patch around them.

I'm assuming thoigh theyre doing it because they think they're being eco friendly. All its really going to do is leave dead grass and a mess for someone else to clean up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    I guess none of them urban hipsters does have shovel neither do they know how to use it

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post

...this is a scene from monthy python and the media is reporting on it a fact.
    That's fucking funny.

A bit sad that no one at Fox, that would review such content, is familiar with the Holy Grail.

I notice that nobody here is talking about all the trump policies that they are usinng in there. Upon their start they immediately put up walls and barricades to establish a border (even though we should be a nation without borders and walls don't work). Then they called for border guards with guns to protect that border (even though guns are bad and need to be taken away. Also even though we are supposed to be doing away with border patrols). Their warlord has also been threatening to kill people who don't follow the rules. They've also enacted stop and frisk policy for people they don't recognize (even though stop and frisk is racist).

They are also extorting the business owners in the zone for money.

Also there's a lot of reports of rape, robbery, and other violent crimes. The police can't keep up with it.

But sure they are totally peaceful in there.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    A bit sad that no one at Fox, that would review such content, is familiar with the Holy Grail.
    Fixed that for you. They're propagandists. They don't care about reality, and their audience pays them to not care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    I notice that nobody here is talking about all the trump policies that they are usinng in there. Upon their start they immediately put up walls and barricades to establish a border (even though we should be a nation without borders and walls don't work). Then they called for border guards with guns to protect that border (even though guns are bad and need to be taken away. Also even though we are supposed to be doing away with border patrols). Their warlord has also been threatening to kill people who don't follow the rules. They've also enacted stop and frisk policy for people they don't recognize (even though stop and frisk is racist).

Nobody is being stopped from entering and no walls exist only a bunch of fences that would not even stop a sloth. Not sure what some insane dude thinking he is a cop has to do with all that though.

They are also extorting the business owners in the zone for money.

Also there's a lot of reports of rape, robbery, and other violent crimes. The police can't keep up with it.

But sure they are totally peaceful in there.
    I though you Trump fans hated fake news so much? You now trust the media?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Cus conservative commuter cops come in and ruin everything.
    Driving on Sunshine.

PM for Tesla referral code.