Page 52 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    And he betrayed (to the Legion), abandoned (left them) and corrupted (becoming Felbloods and Fel Wretched) his people, as per your favourite (obviously a failure) expansion.

Just like Kil'jaeden & Azshara before him and Elisande after him.
    Azshara is still alive. Blizzard learned their lesson not to kill the last named big bad guys for the lols and loot. And yes Shadowlands was amazing and it should have gone much further and offer him a choice by the Arbiter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Azshara is still alive. Blizzard learned their lesson not to kill the last named big bad guys for the lols and loot. And yes Shadowlands was amazing and it should have gone much further and offer him a choice by the Arbiter.
    Shadowlands was a failure. Only idiots think it's good.
    Like you and Taliesin.

Blizzard knows it's a failure, because I honestly don't believe they will ever touch upon it again, after Dragonflight. Hell, they're hardly making a reference to it now...only that it's harder to get there.

Shadowlands was a failure. Only idiots think it's good.
    Like you and Taliesin.

Blizzard knows it's a failure, because I honestly don't believe they will ever touch upon it again, after Dragonflight. Hell, they're hardly making a reference to it now...only that it's harder to get there.
    It had massive hype and lots of retcons. Dragonflight is just boring with hardly any new stuff to explore. We are just therapists for dragons constantly.

It had massive hype and lots of retcons. Dragonflight is just boring with hardly any new stuff to explore. We are just therapists for dragons constantly.
    It was supposed to be many things and it wasn't.

Dragonflight is boring.
    Shadowlands was boring, plus awful, plus the absolute worst expansion for levelling, plus the worst expansion for pretty much all characters involved. WoD was bad, but at least I had professions to work on, whilst I waited for Legion.

Honestly, I'd rather N'Zoth tells me that Shadowlands was just a bad nightmare and that Azeroth is actually lost. Hell, remove Shadowlands from Chromie time so nobody can go there. Just remove it from existing. Pretend it never happened.

Anyway - forget Faillands - this is about Blood Elves, not the worst expansion to have ever released.

It was supposed to be many things and it wasn't.

Dragonflight is boring.
    Shadowlands was boring, plus awful, plus the absolute worst expansion for levelling, plus the worst expansion for pretty much all characters involved. WoD was bad, but at least I had professions to work on, whilst I waited for Legion.

Honestly, I'd rather N'Zoth tells me that Shadowlands was just a bad nightmare and that Azeroth is actually lost. Hell, remove Shadowlands from Chromie time so nobody can go there. Just remove it from existing. Pretend it never happened.

Anyway - forget Faillands - this is about Blood Elves, not the worst expansion to have ever released.
    But Shadowlands can be used to enhance blood elf story. Like the afterlife could reshape everything like the Jailer planned to do.

But Shadowlands can be used to enhance blood elf story. Like the afterlife could reshape everything like the Jailer planned to do.
    Nobody cares about Faillands. Not even Blizzard cares enough about Faillands.

So, no - Faillands will not make a difference for Blood Elves.

Onto actually good expansion themes, like racial themed, Azeroth based expansions. Y'know, the shit that people actually care about, rather than some robot things with no faces and some undead Nightborne Vampire-like creatures.

Nobody cares about Faillands. Not even Blizzard cares enough about Faillands.

So, no - Faillands will not make a difference for Blood Elves.

Onto actually good expansion themes, like racial themed, Azeroth based expansions. Y'know, the shit that people actually care about, rather than some robot things with no faces and some undead Nightborne Vampire-like creatures.
    My dude/girl. First Ones got already mentioned again by Odyn. The titans lie to us.

My dude/girl. First Ones got already mentioned again by Odyn. The titans lie to us.
    Wow...a throw away line nobody talks about.

Anyway, back to Blood Elves...
    ... Starting in the South might be better because the player could deal with a rising Amani threat and potential a void-loyal void elf incursion. These elves have lost their minds and given in to the whispers. A void elf high priest at Darkhan's old home would also be quite cool.

A combined Illidari, Farstrider and Dark Ranger force...hmm?

Then as we move into Eversong, this is where the magic of the Blood Elves comes into play.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-10-26 at 11:33 PM.

Wow...a throw away line nobody talks about.

Anyway, back to Blood Elves...
    ... Starting in the South might be better because the player could deal with a rising Amani threat and potential a void-loyal void elf incursion. These elves have lost their minds and given in to the whispers. A void elf high priest at Darkhan's old home would also be quite cool.

A combined Illidari, Farstrider and Dark Ranger force...hmm?

Then as we move into Eversong, this is where the magic of the Blood Elves comes into play.
    That place is already secure. Can't generate any conflict here.

That place is already secure. Can't generate any conflict here.
    Err revamp?

I'm taking about a revamped start experience for blood elf players. It's not going to be sunshine and rose's.

Amani and Void-insane Void Elves would be great adversaries for the Farstriders, Illidari and Dark Rangers to fight against.
    Naga and Void Entities would be ideal for the Magisters, Warlocks and Blood Knights

Eversong woods is one of the most beautiful zone. If it gets updated it would be amazing.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

3+ Year Old Account
    yes, also Silvermoon being updated to be more than giant cardboards
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Seriously, you and Mace are two sides of the same coin. "I don't like this lore. Let's change it via headcanons and bend the lore to a state where it makes even less sense."
    Its also very confusing as they mix headcanon with old lore and try to push this as how it is or how it should be.

It shows as people are just not interested in their headcanon.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-10-27 at 08:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Its also very confusing as they mix headcanon with old lore and try to push this as how it is or how it should be.

It shows as people are just not interested in their headcanon.
    Exactly.

I have never gone against what is in the lore, but the idea that improvements to Blood Elves can only come if night elf fans agree to it (oooohhh, ma magic! ma nelfs did it first) and then in the same breathe, refer back Blizzard's reasoning behind the night elves, but when I do the same for blood elves, I'm in the wrong.

Fact; the Sanctum is the ONLY Warlock Guild, known across both factions.
    Fact; the Legion targeted Shinfel Blightsworn specifically, the known Sin'dorei member of the Black Harvest.

Like or hate fel, Blood Elves deserve their own individuality and we don't need a few night elf mage fanatics, telling us how it's bad because "oohh ma Illidan!" Fel magic, with Shinfel Blightsworn should be something that sets the Blood Elves apart from Night Elves and actually refers to how Blizzard introduced them. "A very magical race" is the words they used. Why we always have to go back to these old conversations for night elves, but not for blood elves, clearly shows that some people don't argue in good faith.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly.

I have never gone against what is in the lore, but the idea that improvements to Blood Elves can only come if night elf fans agree to it (oooohhh, ma magic! ma nelfs did it first) and then in the same breathe, refer back Blizzard's reasoning behind the night elves, but when I do the same for blood elves, I'm in the wrong.

Fact; the Sanctum is the ONLY Warlock Guild, known across both factions.
    Fact; the Legion targeted Shinfel Blightsworn specifically, the known Sin'dorei member of the Black Harvest.

Like or hate fel, Blood Elves deserve their own individuality and we don't need a few night elf mage fanatics, telling us how it's bad because "oohh ma Illidan!" Fel magic, with Shinfel Blightsworn should be something that sets the Blood Elves apart from Night Elves and actually refers to how Blizzard introduced them. "A very magical race" is the words they used. Why we always have to go back to these old conversations for night elves, but not for blood elves, clearly shows that some people don't argue in good faith.
    I try to go with what know as much as possible as well. Its interesting that they try to link everything to night elves, altho their is a history, most of the time( almost everytime) its just not relevant. Blood elves and Nightborne have their own story and path forward. They both dont need night elves to do that.

I always have this quote in my head from the burning crusade blood elf behind the scenes video; " its held by magic" very magic focus. Which is already setting them apart. Nightborne have the same idea behind it. Fel magic was always part of the blood elves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    yes, also Silvermoon being updated to be more than giant cardboards
    In todays standards its unacceptable how silvermoon works. You can still jump from a quest tower, to top of a mountain near silvermoon and look from the top.

Its all cardbord and not even finnished.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    Eversong woods is one of the most beautiful zone. If it gets updated it would be amazing.
    Trouble would be making it relevant! I mean, would you rob lowbies of their leveling zone by making Eversong Woods a new high level zone, or would you re-do the entire thing only to leave it as a low level zone that people won't be much exposed to except the first 1 hour of gameplay (if they even choose to start in that zone and not that island thingy)

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I try to go with what know as much as possible as well. Its interesting that they try to link everything to night elves, altho their is a history, most of the time( almost everytime) its just not relevant. Blood elves and Nightborne have their own story and path forward. They both dont need night elves to do that.

I always have this quote in my head from the burning crusade blood elf behind the scenes video; " its held by magic" very magic focus. Which is already setting them apart. Nightborne have the same idea behind it. Fel magic was always part of the blood elves.
    Exactly.

After Legion, everything the Blood Elves get should be linked to the Night Elves.
    For any focus to return, it's almost like it has to be ran past night elf fans (of all people) first.

Blood Elves should be able to just have focus on the things they're good at, which are shared with Nightborne, Humans and others, but also be their own unique force of Elven Warlocks on Azeroth, with Orcs and Man'ari.

They have the Guild and Shinfel Blightsworn - just need to apply them.

Shinfel and Kayn working side by side would be such a great duo and a much needed controversy within Sin'dorei society.

Anyone else think that Hauldron Brightwing should wear a red version of his armor?
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Anyone else think that Hauldron Brightwing should wear a red version of his armor?
    Yes!

Give him a slightly more unique appearance, which is more in line with the Blood Elves.
    Currently, his current armour looks more like a male version to High Elven Sylvanas, which suggests he is just in her shadow.

A red version and make it unavailable to players would make him stand out and look like a Sin'dorei Ranger General.

3+ Year Old Account
    me thinks a dominant green is enough for uniqueness and distinguishability like this https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...htwing.351024/

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.