Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Not according to the always right authority

<snip pic>

One button, one action, how many windows it goes to doesn't change that it's still one action happening
    So, we can start "botting" by pre-recoring out movements and then just map whatever we're doing to a key that sends the next command to the "bot". Such as walking around with a phone that detects it (or just have a pressure sensor on your shoe, actual "button") and sends the command to the "bot" that acts the command. Now take it a step further and add a breath-o-meter and you're golden 24/7 legal "bot".

Sounds delightful and fully under Blizzards rules, rite?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, i get so much honor for killing multiboxers in classic sometimes its better hph than bgs. Besides you literally cannot police this theyre paying for the accounts

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    I have 4 Chinese guys put me on /follow and click nodes! Or better yet 4 keyboard that I hit. Each going to a different PC running that account. Or 1 keyboard and a splitter going to 5 different PC. You can box without 3rd party software. All the software has done is make it more accessible.

Boxer software doesn't automate, just propagate. It's a fine line maybe, but at the end of the day I, myself, have to click or press things for any action to happen in game. It is on a different level than having a software send "click" commands while you are away at work or sleeping, allowing you to make money without even being present.
    But using autohotkey to spam the key, im still pressing it, im holding down the key, im present in front of the computer "propagating" the command by having my finger on top of the key. So how is that bannable, and multiboxing isnt??!

Please i would love to get another opinion from a multiboxer defending this one.

I would imagine that multi-boxers piss a lot of people off in PVP. I really don't care about PVP. It would be fun to farm raids and dungeons while multi-boxing. It would be fun if the game was set up in a way where you could have a tank, healer, or DPS bots to use while you quest, farm dungeons and raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkess View Post
    So pretty simple question that I am interesting to hear peoples thoughts on. Do you think multiboxing should be allowed or not?
    It has been for so long, I've ran into a few over the years, especially the DK stacking multi-boxxers..

With that said, I believe it should not be allowed.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

Im probably gonna start multiboxing in shadowlands, and i wish ALOT more people do, so blizz can finally see how this is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yizu View Post
    I told myself before im not gonna engage anymore in any discussion about multiboxing, i feel like these multiboxers are just laughing at me because no matter how bad their logic at defending it they are still winning because blizz is on their side.
    Oh I hate it too and I don’t multibox. I’d ban it if I could but I’m just being realistic my dude... that’s a lot of lost income for no returns for them. There isn’t the uproar from the players needed for them to take that hit

15+ Year Old Account
    I have no problems with it but it should not be allowed.
    That is not how the game should be played.

Multiboxing accounts should be locked eternally to one server.

No problem because it is fun, right, not at all because you are trying to get an advantage over other players?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    No, it provides an advantage to players with deeper wallets. It's pretty much the definition of pay to win. Not to mention that it's hugely disruptive to the zone they're in, there's nothing more annoying than trying to farm mats and having a multiboxer going around despawning all the nodes.
    Pretty crap argument in a game you can buy as much gold as you want in.

10+ Year Old Account
    But using autohotkey to spam the key, im still pressing it, im holding down the key, im present in front of the computer "propagating" the command by having my finger on top of the key. So how is that bannable, and multiboxing isnt??!

Please i would love to get another opinion from a multiboxer defending this one.
    No answer a 'multiboxer' is going to give you is going to satisfy your rage... Maybe you should ask Blizzard to explain the difference.

- - - Updated - - -

Im probably gonna start multiboxing in shadowlands, and i wish ALOT more people do, so blizz can finally see how this is a problem.
    Isn't that like protesting Dunkin Donuts by buying and eating all their donuts?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The only difference between my "control" character and my other bros is the primary account I'm playing on has additional addons loaded. Nothing boxxer exclusive, just Details and Wow-Pro (it's like AzerothAutoPilot).I don't know of any boxxing system where there is a control character like you guys mention where if you kill him the team falls apart. It wouldn't make any sense for a system like that to exist because there are things which have to be either manually done on each account or broadcast to all the accounts.
    When you multibox it's not like 'Char1 clicks on Anchor weed and Chars2-9 click it as well', it's 'Make sure the team is lined up with the node, turn on broadcasting (because no one plays with it on all the time), look and make sure the mouse is over the node on all screens then click and turn off broadcasting'.
    I dunno how it works specifically but in my experience the multibox after killing the character that leads become a sitting duck in classic by wasting time i mean they have to re-follow on every instance of wow they are using, more often than not they will just heart away.
    On retail though in nazjatar I found a druid one time that tried to swarm my dh implying the dude either used some third party or maybe was tryharding on multiple screens , they were all attacking me but I aoe'd them down easily as the characters were poorly geared to operate on their own .

Not only should it be banned, but any account associated with it deleted forever.

Wow is an RPG, and not only does it break the immersion for players,
    but the offenders actively use those characters for botting mats, mobs etc.

The phenomenon should thus be appropriately described as multibotting.
    Last edited by Goldfingger; 2020-06-21 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Pretty crap argument in a game you can buy as much gold as you want in.
    Ok and? One pay to win scheme doesn't excuse another pay to win scheme. Nothing you said disproves my argument. And at the very least WoW tokens help reduce the number of gold sellers and botters. Same can't be said for multiboxers. I've also never had someone buying a WoW token disrupt a zone I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Derpleton View Post
    Ok and? One pay to win scheme doesn't excuse another pay to win scheme. Nothing you said disproves my argument. And at the very least WoW tokens help reduce the number of gold sellers and botters. Same can't be said for multiboxers. I've also never had someone buying a WoW token disrupt a zone I'm in.
    I couldn't care less about you .. or your argument, or that you even exist. I reply to people to forward the message I am trying to get across. Your words are a tool that I may or may not use. You as a person, have no value to me. I have no obligation to engage you or your argument. I have no interest in proving or disproving anything you might type. Get over yourself.

I think maybe you are mistaking a debate approach vs a discussion approach. I employ the former.
    Last edited by Cyranis; 2020-06-21 at 08:16 PM.

Pvp doesn't bother me, but profession gathering such herbs and stuff... like dude.. can i just have some? NOPED? Then what's the point of gathering when it overruns by multi boxers?
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2020-06-21 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Pvp doesn't bother me, but profession gathering such herbs and stuff... like dude.. can i just have some? NOPED? Then what's the point of gathering when it overruns by multi boxers?
    Since when hasn't there been a way to monopolize the system? Wow players are truly great at that singular objective. If there is a way to game the system for the most personal advantage, they will.

Since we can objectively say that you are unwilling to do what it takes in the current scheme to win. Given any scheme how likely is it that you would choose to do what it takes?

I'm guessing nil. You're just jealous.

if you mulitbox.. im my option you are a cheater.. i think you should be perma banned if you multibox...

10+ Year Old Account
    Eliminating the ability to gather a node multiple times would deincentivise multiboxers, but it also means multiboxers aren't taking away herbs from other people. I don't really understand this complaint. If you see a set of druids out there herbing, just trail behind them and pick whatever they pick.

I like it a lot better than the old way where someone could ninja the ore out from under me as I was fighting on it, or someone beating me to the herb by a second, etc. Gathering efficiency only increased by this change.

I'm not saying there aren't other impacts to the herb market as a result and we can debate whether those are worth it, but the ability to gather the herbs yourself isn't one of them. Multiboxers aren't taking shit from you.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

They spend more money to keep their subscription running, so Blizzard is definetely not going to do anything about it, unless of course the reaches a blitzhung-level of public outrage. But even then they'd probably dig in deep to keep their profits.