Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    Sure, maybe if it was just a screenshot or two that would be relevant but with this many people coming forward/showing screenshots? Along with the knife video? And the actual police investigation?

To paraphrase Asmongold (mostly to trigger people ): At a certain point if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, acts like a duck, keeps quacking like a duck... maybe it's a duck? Point is, if there is enough there to cast a shadow of a doubt it is in your best interest to distance yourself from the accused. Not shelter him or her.
    Well my point was that I see "SCREENSHOTS/PHOTOS" thrown around a lot like they're gospel and impervious to scrutiny. Not just in the situation but in any situation.

This situation, there's a lot of damning evidence and I'm not here to debate that. Just that, on it's own, images/screenshots aren't a great piece of evidence. They are however great at having people rush to quick judgements and forming a mob mentality and/or dogpile someone.

Less of a "You're wrong" and more of a "Just as a reminder, always take images/screenshots with a grain of salt and realize it's possible to fake them".

Less applicable in this situation but in addition, it's always good to question things/sources, do some research and then ask more questions. Never hurts to try to see everyone's point of view (even if you don't agree with it, see 'Devil's Advocate'). As if you can see their point of view, maybe you'll change your stance as a result or at the very least you can better defend/argue your stance.

I only say all this because as we move more and more into a social media driven society, sorting through accurate information and misinformation is going to be increasingly difficult. The people that actually put the effort to looking into topics instead of just 'smashing' that share button are a dying breed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Sure but at the same time anyone that posts a tweet, a story, an accusation and so on can just claim this happened and it'll instantly be believed.
    We've seen that this is not always the case. Swifty and AngryJoe, for example, both have had relatively positive responses to their accusations. Your past actions, and how you handle yourself during the accusations, go a long way to influencing the court of public opinion.

With that said, I'm not really here to defend all sexual assault accusations. I don't agree in general with losing ones livelihood due to he said/she said type nonsense. But when there is enough evidence to provide reasonable doubt, such as in the situation with Josh, the outrage can be warranted. This is one of those situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    If apology is a confess yeah. Bay and Sascha. I heard Josh has confessed but I've not seen any of it. But I'm gonna be honest and I truly believe he did the stuff he was accused for, but that's me and not proof. But method knew about other stuff in the past too.

I'm on my mobile atm but there is a sticky on wow reddit. Some streamers has written back to the allegations
    Bay even went so far as to say "i don't remember it this way, but I won't deny it happened"

Quote Originally Posted by Sparklelord View Post
    Not that it matters but just something people seem to forget or maybe don't realize:

-------

Edit: Just to avoid any confusion/accusations and in case anyone missed it, this image was created in MSPaint in about 10 seconds. Not actually something Winter Blossom said. That's the point though.

Not that screenshots (or even photos or videos) can't be legit, just that they're super easy to counterfeit with minimal effort. With quality improving with effort/time, depending on how determined someone is to make them seem real.
    You don't even need photoshop, you can just edit website code and change what you desire, ONLY if they used a website based communications

Not that it matters but just something people seem to forget or maybe don't realize:

-------

Edit: Just to avoid any confusion/accusations and in case anyone missed it, this image was created in MSPaint in about 10 seconds. Not actually something Winter Blossom said. That's the point though.

Not that screenshots (or even photos or videos) can't be legit, just that they're super easy to counterfeit with minimal effort. With quality improving with effort/time, depending on how determined someone is to make them seem real.
    I'm sorry but this is getting to be ridiculous.
    This isn't even trying to actually prove or argue anything.

It's just being dishonest.
    When there's dozens of people coming out saying the same exact thing about Josh.
    When Josh's guildmates are even saying "well we knew he was an awful person, just not this much".

When everything points to him being an actual terrible person, to the point that he had police investigations against him and he got banned from twitch a while back.

And then it's still coming up "but look at how easy it is to edit stuff"? No. This has nothing to do with editing. If it was edited and there was no truth to it, people would be stepping up to show how it's not true. To show that there wasn't complaint filed against him for years. To show that he has an alibi.

But instead everyone who was close to him basically just threw their hands up and walked away from him. Saying "yeah he's an awful person".

This isn't some simple witch hunt started out of boredom through half assed photoshopping. There's been more proof through his actions, through more than just messages.

Well my point was that I see "SCREENSHOTS/PHOTOS" thrown around a lot like they're gospel and impervious to scrutiny. Not just in the situation but in any situation.

This situation, there's a lot of damning evidence and I'm not here to debate that. Just that, on it's own, images/screenshots aren't a great piece of evidence. They are however great at having people rush to quick judgements and forming a mob mentality and/or dogpile someone.

Less of a "You're wrong" and more of a "Just as a reminder, always take images/screenshots with a grain of salt and realize it's possible to fake them".

Less applicable in this situation but in addition, it's always good to question things/sources, do some research and then ask more questions. Never hurts to try to see everyone's point of view (even if you don't agree with it, see 'Devil's Advocate'). As if you can see their point of view, maybe you'll change your stance as a result or at the very least you can better defend/argue your stance.

I only say all this because as we move more and more into a social media driven society, sorting through accurate information and misinformation is going to be increasingly difficult. The people that actually put the effort to looking into topics instead of just 'smashing' that share button are a dying breed.
    You're right. There definitely are people taking advantage of the situation and trying to frame people they don't like for example. But there are prob few of these.
    Swiftys allegations are questionable for example. I doubt that a few girls sat on a discord server and said "hey, lets all just go out and say we we're raped!"

Can also go a bit further that you've only seen the earth on picture.. so, how do you know it's not flat?

Can also go a bit further that you've only seen the earth on picture.. so, how do you know it's not flat?
    Random guess:
    There's some math that proves the Earth is round.

People already figured that out before spacecrafts were invented,so...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Random guess:
    There's some math that proves the Earth is round.

People already figured that out before spacecrafts were invented,so...yeah.
    I know, it was just a saying.

I know, it was just a saying.
    One stupid saying that is when people during the middle ages could already prove that the earth is round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm sorry but this is getting to be ridiculous.
    This isn't even trying to actually prove or argue anything.

It's just being dishonest.
    When there's dozens of people coming out saying the same exact thing about Josh.
    When Josh's guildmates are even saying "well we knew he was an awful person, just not this much".

When everything points to him being an actual terrible person, to the point that he had police investigations against him and he got banned from twitch a while back.

And then it's still coming up "but look at how easy it is to edit stuff"? No. This has nothing to do with editing. If it was edited and there was no truth to it, people would be stepping up to show how it's not true. To show that there wasn't complaint filed against him for years. To show that he has an alibi.

But instead everyone who was close to him basically just threw their hands up and walked away from him. Saying "yeah he's an awful person".

This isn't some simple witch hunt started out of boredom through half assed photoshopping. There's been more proof through his actions, through more than just messages.
    You are ridiculous for posting this reply.

"When there's dozens of people coming out saying the same exact thing about Josh."

They might not like him, and trolls join the hype train to stir things even further.
    It's funny that there are many accusations around famous youtubers/streamers at the same time. I smell a targeted event, perhaps for clout or fame? E.g. Angryjoe, some female accused him of some shit and then backtracked, because he will go with her to courts for the lies.

"When Josh's guildmates are even saying "well we knew he was an awful person, just not this much"

So what, that he is an awful person, everyone is on the internet, I am pretty sure you are too irl sometimes.

"When everything points to him being an actual terrible person, to the point that he had police investigations against him and he got banned from twitch a while back."

Because like sheep, most people join the hype wagon. Police did an investigation and they did not find anything, and the twitch thing? no comment.

"And then it's still coming up "but look at how easy it is to edit stuff"? No. This has nothing to do with editing. If it was edited and there was no truth to it, people would be stepping up to show how it's not true. To show that there wasn't complaint filed against him for years. To show that he has an alibi."

Well it is. You can easily photoshop everything to the point that it will convince you, also you can edit HTML code to make changes and then make a screenshot.

Please be a mod, and don't reply to posts with non sense replies

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    Police did an investigation and they did not find anything, and the twitch thing? no comment.
    Because in most of these situations the police don't find anything, doesn't mean it didn't happen, they also couldn't prove it DIDN'T happen.

"When there's dozens of people coming out saying the same exact thing about Josh."

They might not like him, and trolls join the hype train to stir things even further.
    It's funny that there are many accusations around famous youtubers/streamers at the same time. I smell a targeted event, perhaps for clout or fame? E.g. Angryjoe, some female accused him of some shit and then backtracked, because he will go with her to courts for the lies.

"When Josh's guildmates are even saying "well we knew he was an awful person, just not this much"

So what, that he is an awful person, everyone is on the internet, I am pretty sure you are too irl sometimes.

"When everything points to him being an actual terrible person, to the point that he had police investigations against him and he got banned from twitch a while back."

Because like sheep, most people join the hype wagon. Police did an investigation and they did not find anything, and the twitch thing? no comment.

"And then it's still coming up "but look at how easy it is to edit stuff"? No. This has nothing to do with editing. If it was edited and there was no truth to it, people would be stepping up to show how it's not true. To show that there wasn't complaint filed against him for years. To show that he has an alibi."

Well it is. You can easily photoshop everything to the point that it will convince you, also you can edit HTML code to make changes and then make a screenshot.

So your way of getting a "gotcha" moment is by trying to go the "innocent until proven guilty, BUT EVERYONE MAKING THE CLAIMS IS OBVIOUSLY GUILTY OF LYING" route?

But if you want to defend someone that's obviously a pedo, by all means, don't let me stop you.

But there's very obvious cases of people being falsely accused and then it being shown they were being falsely accused (ex - Johnny Depp).

So again, there's no leg for this "it could be photoshopped!" argument to stand on when it goes PAST just messages. When it goes onto his own stream. When it goes into his own actions aligning with it.

If you really think an ENTIRE company would go under because of "troll accusations that aren't true", then I don't know what to say.

But there's not much point in this, because obviously you have your mind set up when you think my post is "ridiculous" while you have to stoop to "WELL WHAT IF" and making assumptions about another person's personality that you don't even know.

Still waiting for your evidnce that it is a targeted event. Everytime you make that unsubstnatiated claim you are being defamatory.

Of course, of course my mate. The probability than random people (more than 5) accuse one person for no reason is greater than this person being a fucking criminal.

You are full of shit

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because in most of these situations the police don't find anything, doesn't mean it didn't happen, they also couldn't prove it DIDN'T happen.
    So the law has nothing on him
    some troll online posted some screenshots and ya'll believe it 100%
    Josh, Swifty, AngryJoe now DR Disrespect got accused of something.

I smell pure BS, it smells like a targeted event, to cancel famous youtubers/streamers

Love how there are still people sticking up for them, like everyone left the guild, their sponsors are bailing or bailed, all their twitch streamers bailed, you've got members on twitch literally crying.

You know why? because the powers that be knew this guy was a piece of trash and they hid/ignored it for ages...

Omgwhat, did Method pay you or something?

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Still waiting for your evidnce that it is a targeted event. Everytime you make that unsubstnatiated claim you are being defamatory.
    Within few days, all of famous streamers and youtubers are getting accused of something. I mean, are you trolling or?

So the law has nothing on him
    some troll online posted some screenshots and ya'll believe it 100%
    Josh, Swifty, AngryJoe now DR Disrespect got accused of something.

I smell pure BS, it smells like a targeted event, to cancel famous youtubers/streamers
    I mean, the reason he got banned from twitch should have gotten him removed from method.

Pulling a knife on someone and physically scaring them with it before going "haha just a joke!" is mental abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by tylenol View Post
    Love how there are still people sticking up for them, like everyone left the guild, their sponsors are bailing or bailed, all their twitch streamers bailed, you've got members on twitch literally crying.

You know why? because the powers that be knew this guy was a piece of trash and they hid/ignored it for ages...

Omgwhat, did Method pay you or something?
    There is only one person sticking up for them. Everyone else is not sticking up for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arna View Post
    Of course, of course my mate. The probability than random people (more than 5) accuse one person for no reason is greater than this person being a fucking criminal.

You are full of shit

Nah, I am full of logic and reasoning. I don't hope on hype trains