Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Horde favoritism ?? Did you see our side at ICC? lorthemar is the last OG racial leader !! blizzard spent the last 10 years destroying the horde by killing all of our characters and killing what was the old horde concepts we don't even have warchief and after all the shit blizz did with the horde players we take that as a relief.

horde players spend most of their time killing horde NPCs !! blizz has no favoritism for the horde! use the horde to help the alliance against the world's great evil, and then use the horde as villains to show that the alliance is Marvel's avengers.

i hope blizz now keeps thier promise to leave the horde alone
    Alliance got only human story and with Varian someone who is good at everything while the other leaders were either useless or do not exist at all. Also if any of these wars were realistic, the Horde would need to pay repair payments in some form as a minimum.

the point is that what they need is better defenses they can have them on their new tree
    Usually such a giant tree would not burn that easy. But you know, if you get magical catapults, with magical fire and magical reach, I guess you can even burn down Ironforge somehow.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-27 at 02:35 PM.

Horde favoritism ?? Did you see our side at ICC? lorthemar is the last OG racial leader !! blizzard spent the last 10 years destroying the horde by killing all of our characters and killing what was the old horde concepts we don't even have warchief and after all the shit blizz did with the horde players we take that as a relief.

horde players spend most of their time killing horde NPCs !! blizz has no favoritism for the horde! use the horde to help the alliance against the world's great evil, and then use the horde as villains to show that the alliance is Marvel's avengers.

i hope blizz now keeps thier promise to leave the horde alone
    You forget the part why alliance players are the ones helping the horde kill the NPCs, the alliance are the help, the horde gains the victory, it's all about the horde, the villains and the heroes are the horde, do you not see it? You're upset with horde leaders being killed. I get it, so would I, I really would, but what you're not seeing is how second class the alliance is, it' is not an equal, it's a sidekick faction proppoing the horde.

notice how alliance cities get completely destroyed. Stormwind, Lordaeron, Theramore, Darnassus. Notice how when we attack horde cities, the horde saves them as heroes and t hey're fine the next day i.e. Orgrimmar and Dazar'alor. Do you not see, yes, the way they write , everyone ends up feeling bad, you don't feel you've come to an end of an epic tale, you just feel you've been shat on.

Why do you think I wrote that piece on the night elves, with everything looking up for the future? that would be the day huh, because blizzard just shits on everyone, they build up to destroy, but at least the horde is at the centre, and the spoils go to the horde too. Saved Suramar? it went to the horde, and it's a Night elf city, the Nightborne are a night elven people... wtf?

Want alliance not being or feeling ike the underdog? Do what I wrote for night elves, and don't hold back, write meaningful roles for other alliance races not just humans, let the focus be evenly balanced, but to correct the discrepancies, you need to thrhow a few aces the alliances ways, and not to humans. No not humans, make it Night elves, Draenei, worgen, Gnomes - just not humans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn View Post
    Alliance got only human story and with Varian someone who is good at everything while the other leaders were either useless or do not exist at all.

Usually such a giant tree would not burn that easy. But you know, if you get magical catapults, with magical fire and magical reach, I guess you can even burn down Ironforge somehow.
    He doesn't realise. @Rhlor, the alliance has more elf players now than human players, and the alliance elf fans are the majority in the hardcore fan group. How do you think they feel w hen they see night elf assets go horde? or night elves ripped apart?

Do you think they want to keep seeing Andruin and Stormwind soo much? Given blizzard putting elves at the core of the alliance, something they are not in the horde, but even as minority in the horde (majority players ofc, but I'm talking lore) we see the blood elves have far more activity in the horde than every nonhuman race has in the alliance.

You know what that tells me @Rhlor? They are not that concerned about the alliance. Why was it Teldrassil and not Stormwind burning? Because night elves are fodder and only humans matter. - except fan base disagrees.

NElf Lives matter too

Even then, it shouldn't burn that easily ((as we've seen since BFA, where Azerite has become very much watered down and not that damaging after all)), so I guess the devs just thought 'haha tree = fire'.

Surrounded by sea and Druids who can manipulate wind, Teldrassil shouldn't have fallen that easily or combusted that easily, but I guess they needed it to burn for plot.

Here's to hoping Nordrassil gets +fire resistance blessing!

Alliance got only human story and with Varian someone who is good at everything while the other leaders were either useless or do not exist at all. Also if any of these wars were realistic, the Horde would need to pay repair payments in some form as a minimum.

do you like story on our side? where all the leaders are dead and / or villains?

you can have it
    Last edited by Rhlor; 2020-06-27 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    He doesn't realise. @Rhlor, the alliance has more elf players now than human players, and the alliance elf fans are the majority in the hardcore fan group. How do you think they feel w hen they see night elf assets go horde? or night elves ripped apart?

Do you think they want to keep seeing Andruin and Stormwind soo much? Given blizzard putting elves at the core of the alliance, something they are not in the horde, but even as minority in the horde (majority players ofc, but I'm talking lore) we see the blood elves have far more activity in the horde than every nonhuman race has in the alliance.

You know what that tells me @Rhlor? They are not that concerned about the alliance. Why was it Teldrassil and not Stormwind burning? Because night elves are fodder and only humans matter. - except fan base disagrees.

NElf Lives matter too
    I don't entire agree with this assessment but als can't entirely dismiss it. The burning of Teldrassil made this entire development we have now possible, away from the passive human boot licking elves they made them into with world of warcraft.
    If they would have burned Stormwind instead there would not be an incentive to change something about the night elfs at all and the only leader that should be angry would be Anduin...

do you like story on our side? where all the leaders are dead and / or villains?

you can have it
    You are welcome to play Alliance if you think their story is more enjoyable. Otherwise you can ask the writers if they could make the blood elfs talk about Orc potential.
    Last edited by Hellspawn; 2020-06-27 at 02:55 PM.

You forget the part why alliance players are the ones helping the horde kill the NPCs, the alliance are the help, the horde gains the victory, it's all about the horde, the villains and the heroes are the horde, do you not see it? You're upset with horde leaders being killed. I get it, so would I, I really would, but what you're not seeing is how second class the alliance is, it' is not an equal, it's a sidekick faction proppoing the horde.

notice how alliance cities get completely destroyed. Stormwind, Lordaeron, Theramore, Darnassus. Notice how when we attack horde cities, the horde saves them as heroes and t hey're fine the next day i.e. Orgrimmar and Dazar'alor. Do you not see, yes, the way they write , everyone ends up feeling bad, you don't feel you've come to an end of an epic tale, you just feel you've been shat on.

Why do you think I wrote that piece on the night elves, with everything looking up for the future? that would be the day huh, because blizzard just shits on everyone, they build up to destroy, but at least the horde is at the centre, and the spoils go to the horde too. Saved Suramar? it went to the horde, and it's a Night elf city, the Nightborne are a night elven people... wtf?

Want alliance not being or feeling ike the underdog? Do what I wrote for night elves, and don't hold back, write meaningful roles for other alliance races not just humans, let the focus be evenly balanced, but to correct the discrepancies, you need to thrhow a few aces the alliances ways, and not to humans. No not humans, make it Night elves, Draenei, worgen, Gnomes - just not humans

- - - Updated - - -

NElf Lives matter too
    I am totally willing to play a story where things like genn kill velen and try to invoke a terrible evil that will kill us all and members of the alliance like gelbin help him to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Guru View Post
    Can we bring back Ragnaros so he can torch Hyjal with the remaining night elves there? Inlcuding Malfurion and Tyrande.
    There is currently a dark iron splinter group that told us to go fuck ourselves and that they will be working to bring ol raggy back or some shit.

Quote Originally Posted by KingConquer View Post
    Pretty much expected this choice.

But given how Nordrassil is such a point of contention between the good guys and the bad guys (Burning Legion in WC3, Ragnaros in Cata) I'm going to laugh if there is yet another assault on Nordrassil once the Night Elves settle in.

Better invest in a sprinkler system.

Or is it that it's Blizzard's writing team that doesn't understand?
    Probably, yes

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Oh yay.

Blizzard are starting to make sense with their story.
    I'm alright with Mt Hyjal. It works for all, barring Night Elf DK's and Night Elf DH's, but neither of these were a staple part of the main night elf army that follows the command of Tyrande and Malfurion.

I can see a Darnassus 2.0 in some ways, with the updated "Auberdine"-like buildings.
    Maybe a Highborne tower and one of those buildings, like where we meet the Orothil and Kalistia Starlance.
    DK and DH are their own factions

I am totally willing to play a story where things like genn kill velen and try to invoke a terrible evil that will kill us all and members of the alliance like gelbin help him to do it.
    Isn't the height of hypocrisy? You hate that they did that on the horde, but will happily play the alliance if similarly was repeated.

Let's just say neither faction is happy with how they are being treated in the narrative. Alliance players don't like the horde favouritism, and horde players don't like the type of focus and spotlight they give them in their narrative.

My opinion is that blizzard should abandon writing in terms of the horde and alliance and focus on the race.. The races can have far finer nuance, some can be evil, some can be very good, most behave according to the circumstances.. alliance horde only factor in in player grouping or for battlegrounds and the once in a life time all out war

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Probably, yes
    The tree that is magically imbued can burn so easily with just a little bit of arcane fire ? What were the blessings of protection for? When you don't really care about a group or race, and they're just fodder, you easily forget such detail and fail to factor it into the story you play, because it's not about Night elves, it's about Sylvanas, and the plan that is happening, about the horde gaining a powerful victory.

they thougth people would love the victory they finally gave the horde and pull a tear jerking moment in the drama of destruction.. didn't work. The fans of their favourites turned on them, and their long time alliance following quite use to the second rate treatment or ignore bat show
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-06-27 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    My huge dream for Night Elves ((or well, Darnassus)) was to see it updated to Boralus levels. Just imagine it - the capitol city sprawling across the canopies and down the tree trunks, sort of like the Sylvan city in Heroes and Might and Magic 5. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IulxW1pCbEM)

But it was not possible back in Vanilla, so they went with the tree looking like a stump to manage the zone atop it.

We already know that it's been made the Kaldorei place of operations BEFORE the new story leaks (end of 8.3 where Tyrande brought the Night Elves to Hyjal), so I would love to see an in-game representation of that. It should really be made an Alliance/Kaldorei-only zone, perhaps through similar methods like Darkshore, where Timewalkers can bring you to an old version that's under siege by Ragnaros, and the current version to be controlled by Kaldorei only.

Looking at Hyjal now, especially Nordrassil and how its roots are everywhere, I can very easily imagine a city built among the roots and around the tree trunk. There could be more marble structures among the hills. Buildings connected by roots or roots connected by bridges similar to Thunder Bluff (or even Darnassus - how it had many small bridges connecting the isles and so on), buildings that sprawl vertically and horizontally across Nordrassil. It would be such a unique town, IMO - one very much in tune with Kaldorei feel as well. It's one of the reasons I don't necessarily want Eldre'thalas refurnished - if they had to move to Feralas, I'd much rather see an updated Feathermoon Stronghold (brought to Boralus detail). It could kick out the Ogres nearby and absorb Estulan to create a pocket for the Highborne.

Alas, I do not think they will want to spend resources on something that won't see much use. I'd imagine only very few people would be in Nordrassil (and assuming Forsaken get a new capitol as well -- iirc the Shadows Rising novel excerpt also has a bit for how they hate Orgrimmar and much rather prefer something dark and damp -- I don't think many people would want to hang in whatever the equivalent would be)), so sadly I fear we're only going to hear about it in novels and have no in-game representation of that.
    the forsaken are returning to lordaeron.

it would be great to see the forsaken and night elf capitals in the game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    i didn't see people wanting and demanding nightborne to go horde, blizzard just shoved there for reasons.
    to give the alliance the blood elf model

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Horde 'got' Suramar and the Highmountain town from Legion, Alliance got iirc nothing.

Both Kaldorei and Forsaken lost their capitols and there's been no mention of what Undead will get (if they will) - but considering what the Undead have done, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of the factions just want them to suffer as sort of punishment. Maybe the blight will cease to exist and they'll refurnish Undercity or go upstairs to Lordaeron Keep.

Very weird complaint to receive to be honest.
    the alliance has the Vindicaar

the alliance has the Vindicaar
    You mean the ship that hosted the "We're Inconvenient to BfA's Plot" Cruise?
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

I don't entire agree with this assessment but als can't entirely dismiss it. The burning of Teldrassil made this entire development we have now possible, away from the passive human boot licking elves they made them into with world of warcraft.
    If they would have burned Stormwind instead there would not be an incentive to change something about the night elfs at all and the only leader that should be angry would be Anduin...

You are welcome to play Alliance if you think their story is more enjoyable. Otherwise you can ask the writers if they could make the blood elfs talk about Orc potential.
    thematically the alliance was always centered on humans and their allies who share their same ideals, the horde was of different groups that come together to survive in a hostile world.

the first alliance was called the Alliance of Lordaeron , meaning the human kingdom and its allies

- - - Updated - - -

Isn't the height of hypocrisy? You hate that they did that on the horde, but will happily play the alliance if similarly was repeated.

Let's just say neither faction is happy with how they are being treated in the narrative. Alliance players don't like the horde favouritism, and horde players don't like the type of focus and spotlight they give them in their narrative.

My opinion is that blizzard should abandon writing in terms of the horde and alliance and focus on the race.. The races can have far finer nuance, some can be evil, some can be very good, most behave according to the circumstances.. alliance horde only factor in in player grouping or for battlegrounds and the once in a life time all out war

- - - Updated - - -

The tree that is magically imbued can burn so easily with just a little bit of arcane fire ? What were the blessings of protection for? When you don't really care about a group or race, and they're just fodder, you easily forget such detail and fail to factor it into the story you play, because it's not about Night elves, it's about Sylvanas, and the plan that is happening, about the horde gaining a powerful victory.

they thougth people would love the victory they finally gave the horde and pull a tear jerking moment in the drama of destruction.. didn't work. The fans of their favourites turned on them, and their long time alliance following quite use to the second rate treatment or ignore bat show
    I'm being ironic so you can see how shit that kind of development is and what has been happening to the horde for 10 years!

I just made a post in another thread about how I wanted the nelves new capital to be in Hyjal, either under or on Nordrassil. So I'm very, VERY happy about this. It makes perfect sense, Teldrassil was a recent development anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that's what I'm taling. Night elf architecture mixed with nature.
    Do you realise that in the last 10k years they almost haven't built anything? The exception was Darnassus. NElf architecture should look like Darnassus or this...

EDIT:
    This is the real NElf architecture.

Trust me Hellspawn, it had nothing good to do about the Night elves. The revelations about the Legion, the world soul its total defeat, curing of arcane addiction and return of Suramar, the vindication of Illidan and the demon hunters are mammoth events that the night elves could change greatly over, the things that have dominated all of them for 10,000 years, shaped their thinking, their reason for living, what they do etc, their guilt, their defining quest of the last 10k years over and this isn't sufficient to change a race that was dominated by this?

No Hellspawn, night elves are only changing now because of the backlash from players due tp ripping them apart yet again, for the umpteenth time in yet again a cruel and dismissive manner and they went too far - fans are like we are tired, been beat on our fave race for too long.

They didnt care Jack about them, trust me if they did, Suramar would not have gone horde and night elves would not have lost like that and would also have played a much larger role in the aftermath at BFA's start and also in the journey into Naz'jatar. Tyrande and co would not be a side stage to the main drama of Sylvanas, Sadfang, Baine and MAnduin. Jaina and Nathanos sidekicks

We are getting attention because night elf players got so fed up of it and showed they cared, remember how they did nothing on them for 8.0, everything that happened to them was plot device for Sylvanas, MAnduin and the war, they didnt even figure like they were trash, disposable plot devices for the true favourites.

The forum outcry was huge, and for once the horde fans supported, they'd gone too far with the night elves.

So they rushed Darkshore forward and told us this was the compensation...wtf? All the crap, giving them the biggest shit show for this warfront ? Compensation? Wtf !. A meaningless battle having to rely on super powers while all their existing assets like the Well of Eternity and World Trees remained unused? There millennia of arcane, nature and martial prowess having a chance to be showed off, instead this.

Ofc we were7nt happy, and we won't be happy until they take the race seriously instead of promoting Steve Danuser's favourites, they are suppose to care about the franchise , all the races, night elves are huge and popular race, they've got a lot of uniqueness and well put together lore, it is point blank pushing your favourites if you ignore making full use of a well loved and exciting group like the night elves, and we can see it.

They have no good reason any longer to play down the night elves, the horde is hugely popular in the elder game, over the alliance a complete reversal of classic in 2004. It's the alliance that actually needs real love now, and yet, thanks, Sylvanas, Bwonsamdi, etc all continue, but one change has come, Tyrande is now having the role she was twice denied in Legion over her home city and Order's most holy site, when she was cut from the Broken shore quest line and written over to I create both Legion presence and Class Order activity, yet they had no problem running 3 expansions in a row focused on horde, but 3 night elf zones and its suddenly too much?

So even in the night elf expansion, the night elf is cut and then historic holy capital Suramar , origin city of most playable night elves'legacy is ignored and its given to the horde,..

Come on the bias is strong! and the only thing shifting it is players showing it matters to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Do you realise that in the last 10k years they almost haven't built anything? The exception was Darnassus. NElf architecture should look like Darnassus or this...
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C0D6-SrUcAEIkJO.jpg

EDIT:
    This is the real NElf architecture.
    I do, but that's irrelevant, we saw them do Darnassus after 10k years and that was before the Shen'dralar joined them with the arcane.. the Shen'dralar, the kaldorei empire's most revered arcansist who engineered the wonders of the age often in secret so the Queen took full credit.

Do you think they are going to build rural homes in a cityscape? I mean they may do that, but I'll be disappointed for sure, why not design your best for the night elves? You've already shown how exquisite night elf architecture is in those Zin'Azshark and Suramar designs, but when it comes to the night elves capital you just ditch it only to give rural village style buildings?

That's like going to the trolls and saying g, hey, those bamboo huts of Sen'Jin village, that's what we are gonna use for the troll capital, because it is troll architecture, we are going to ignore that the likes of Zul'Gurub architecture, Zul'drak architecture, Zul'Aman architecture, Dazar'alor architecture and Atal'dazar architecture are all troll too.

But Sen'jin village in Durotar is where the Darkspears live so that's what we are going to use for their city.

Do you think I would be fine with Auberdine architecture used for a new night elf city, when Night elves have Zin'Azshari, Suramar, Eldre'thalas, Nar'thalas, Tel'anor and Darnassus to their racial city scape??
    Surely I would continue to use Auberdine type building for villages and some forest rural locales, and use better schemes for an actual city.
    Last edited by Mace; 2020-06-27 at 04:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There is currently a dark iron splinter group that told us to go fuck ourselves and that they will be working to bring ol raggy back or some shit.
    One can hope they succeed and Raggy torches Hyjal down.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do, but that's irrelevant, we saw them do Darnassus after 10k years and that was before the Shen'dralar joined them with the arcane.. the Shen'dralar, the kaldorei empire's most revered arcansist who engineered the wonders of the age often in secret so the Queen took full credit.
    Those guys are the large minority... I really don't see the large majority doing something much diferent then Darnassus. However, yes, there should be some fancy buildings done by them aswell.

Do you think they are going to build rural homes in a cityscape? I mean they may do that, but I'll be disappointed for sure, why not design your best for the night elves? You've already shown how exquisite night elf architecture is in those Zin'Azshark and Suramar designs, but when it comes to the night elves capital you just ditch it only to give rural village style buildings?
    If they going to settle in Hyjal, has some people are hitting for, you could be damn sure i don't see them building any sort of sofisticated building near Nordrassil... Just because its their most sacrated place.

Do you think I would be fine with Auberdine architecture used for a new night elf city, when Night elves have Zin'Azshari, Suramar, Eldre'thalas, Nar'thalas, Tel'anor and Darnassus to their racial city scape??
    Do i need to repeat myself? Those places are no longer Kaldorei...

Surely I would continue to use Auberdine type building for villages and some forest rural locales, and use better schemes for an actual city.
    ... Or... They could actually rebuild Darnassus, with some updates reflecting the other factions that rejoined NElfs, and that includes some sort of Gilnean architecture aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    As I think on it, during the intervening 10,000+ years of the Long Vigil the Night Elves probably didn't actually need a major capitol or metropolitan area. They had lost a goodly number of their population in the War of the Ancients and the Sundering - including casualties of war, those Highborne who followed Azshara and became the Naga, and then again those Highborne who followed Dath'remar and were exiled to go on to become the High Elves. Finally the Druids entered into their long slumber to commune with and tend to the Emerald Dream, leaving only the remaining Sentinels and laity as active. The small villages like Nighthaven and Auberdine that dotted the slopes of Hyjal, Darkshore, and Felwood were probably sufficient to the remaining Night Elven population.

Darnassus was built in part due to the fact that with the closure of the Third War the Long Vigil had ended and an appreciable portion of the Night Elven population, the various Druidic orders, had returned. The Night Elves found themselves in need of a population center that could hold the reunited families and loved ones returning to the fold from the Barrow Dens.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

"These are my people, my lands."
    "And your enemies would use that against you."

Really like that parallel there, bringing that up just after Teldrassil.

Everything I've seen of this book indicates we've got a good author on our hands. And yeah, Nordrassil makes an understandable forward base for their hunting of Sylvanas. Darkshore may be retaken, but it's also burned, blighted, cataclysmed, and just awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.