Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    This is nothing short of uk interfering with Chinese territorial integrity.

Unless ol' uncle Winnie has convinced the Chinese government to give him time manipulation powers, Mad Bad Boris is within his rights to interfere in the situation
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    This is going to backfire spectacularly
    How? Hong Kong isn't going to become a super shitty place where most people want to leave. This policy would make it easier for "at risk" people to escape to the UK. Which is good.

I'm sorry, I'm going to need a few days to stop laughing hysterically over the usual suspects suddenly being ecstatic about refugees.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm going to need a few days to stop laughing hysterically over the usual suspects suddenly being ecstatic about refugees.
    Except these 3 million people aren't refugees and comparing these folks to the millions of people who left Syria would be an apples to oranges comparison.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-07-09 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Except these 3 million people aren't refugees and comparing these folks to the millions of people who left Syria would be an apples to oranges comparison.
    See, like this here, absolutely hysterical. Knowing nothing about these 3 million people, you make a positive assumption about their characteristics across the entirety of the population; knowing nothing about the refugees heading through Europe, you guys make a negative assumption about their characteristics across the entirety of the population. Absolutely no self awareness. Fresh memes don't get this good.

7+ Year Old Account
    See, like this here, absolutely hysterical. Knowing nothing about these 3 million people, you make a positive assumption about their characteristics across the entirety of the population; knowing nothing about the refugees heading through Europe, you guys make a negative assumption about their characteristics across the entirety of the population. Absolutely no self awareness. Fresh memes don't get this good.
    lol I was just pointing out how this isn't a refugee scenario so the comparison makes no sense. These 3 million Hong Kongers aren't troubled people who live in a troubled location so I don't understand how a person can count them as refugees.
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-07-10 at 12:50 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    easier for right wingers to justify why people should flee from communists then from the product of western imperialism. also a heaping teaspoon of racism.
    Last edited by Thee ANCOM; 2020-07-10 at 12:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    lol I was just pointing out how this isn't a refugee scenario so the comparison makes no sense. These 3 million Hong Kongers aren't troubled people who live in a troubled location so I don't understand how a person can count them as refugees.
    I thought they burned stuff down and had to fight with the police in the streets... apparently that is not troubling enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Boris is just doing this to express how angry he is with China over the whole COVID thing, also to virtue signal that yes he does care for human rights.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    I thought they burned stuff down and had to fight with the police in the streets... apparently that is not troubling enough.
    Do you even know why they were protesting? Have you been living under a rock ever since 2014? At this points they're rhetorical questions I'm afraid.
    I'll just point out that international news reported about it extensively, one of the leaders of the protests made it to the TIME's cover, and the revolution as a whole made it to the TIME's cover at least three times. And that's on top of every single major news outlet covering the events extensively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Do you even know why they were protesting? Have you been living under a rock ever since 2014? At this points they're rhetorical questions I'm afraid.
    I'll just point out that international news reported about it extensively, one of the leaders of the protests made it to the TIME's cover, and the revolution as a whole made it to the TIME's cover at least three times. And that's on top of every single major news outlet covering the events extensively.
    Please troll someone else, thanks. Your post has literally nothing to do with mine, zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Millions of people smuggled into Hong Kong in 1960s during the Great Chinese Famine.
    60 years later, their children have to move into other places again.

Hong Kong has no tax. It creates too many rich people.
    It is just a matter of time to be targeted by someone.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2020-07-10 at 12:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Millions of people smuggled into Hong Kong in 1960s during the Great Chinese Famine.
    60 years later, their children have to move into other places again.

Hong Kong has no tax. It creates too many rich people.
    It is just a matter of time to be targeted by someone.
    The fact that it creates so much rich people and wealth is precisely why China won't turn it into a shithole though.

The fact that it creates so much rich people and wealth is precisely why China won't turn it into a shithole though.
    Depends. China has become much more richer and there are other cities to replace Hong Kong. In the longterm it likely is not critical to let it fall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Depends. China has become much more richer and there are other cities to replace Hong Kong. In the longterm it likely is not critical to let it fall.
    That is true. Although HK still has the advantage, even when compared to Shanghai, when it comes to raising fund for new IPOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    That is true. Although HK still has the advantage, even when compared to Shanghai, when it comes to raising fund for new IPOs.
    Yep. It all depends what CCP decides is worth loosing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Please troll someone else, thanks. Your post has literally nothing to do with mine, zero.
    Funny how you try to spin things around, accusing others of trolling when you are the one making false comparisons and ignoring the context. And your only rebuttal is "you're trolling", which is natural because it can't be an actual rebuttal would be impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

7+ Year Old Account
    And as soon as they started to leave China would not issue exit authority to Hong Kong residents out of China.

Quote Originally Posted by LeGin Tufnel View Post
    Why is it an empty gesture?
    What's that gonna solve for the people in HK? 3 Million? Only a fraction is actually going to move. They're going to be the most dissatisfied, educated elite, I wager. The poor people have to stay in HK. And now their support base has shrunk. England is *not* helping. But it sure looks good on British tabloid headlines.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.