Poll: Best/Fave Human Race/nation

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Human Polls: The best/your fave Human nation/faction and why

In a continuation of the poll series, let's see which are the best humans you like and why. Multiple choice is enabled for those of you who have more htan one, or a difference between which you think is the best and which is your favourite.

Please comment on why, especially if you have different grades.

Dalaran obviously, only ones with a flying city.
    Gilneans are kinda cool, but that is mostly because they are just victorian-era British.
    Argent Dawn is okay, but they are just paladins and some helpers. Nothing that really makes them different from your average human.
    Kul Tirans are kinda interesting in lore, but I hate them as a player race and they always come with the pirate meme baggage.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh btw, you missed the best humans, Iron Vrykuls .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

3+ Year Old Account
    Ravenholdt is the closest Alteraci feeling I can ever get as a Forsaken
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Scarlets, no real challange.

My favourite city is actually Lordaeron, because I've had a lot of fun imagining what it would've looked like back in its glory days, when it was the capital of the Alliance and spiritual heart of humanity. As well I find its story very tragic, having been destroyed by the very prince who sought to save it.

I truly believed BfA would finally be the expansion when Lordaeron would be reclaimed and rebuilt... but unfortunately it was turned into a toxic wasteland by someone.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Kul Tiras is my favourite nation that still lands.

A rebuilt and retaken Lordaeron would've been the number one choice, had that happened. Lordaeron is basically the Jerusalem of the Alliance.

I picked KT just because green looks best in the RTS games.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Gilnaes because I love gothic Victorian stuff.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I love Dalaran because I love mages. I also love Forsaken because they are pragmatic instead of idealist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My favourite city is actually Lordaeron, because I've had a lot of fun imagining what it would've looked like back in its glory days, when it was the capital of the Alliance and spiritual heart of humanity. As well I find its story very tragic, having been destroyed by the very prince who sought to save it.

I truly believed BfA would finally be the expansion when Lordaeron would be reclaimed and rebuilt... but unfortunately it was turned into a toxic wasteland by someone.
    It was reclaimed and rebuilt by Lordaeronians before an overly ambitious human kinglet decided to conquer it and the defenders had to use chemical weapons.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    It was reclaimed and rebuilt by Lordaeronians
    I'll keep on saying this nonsense: the Argents should formally reunite with the Forsaken and allow them to have actual permanent residency in Hearthglen and Tyr's Hand. If the High Elves can reunite with the Blood Elves, so can (non-Alliance) Lordaeronians
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Lightforged Humans like Calia Menethil, because of hooters!

I also like Gilneans.

I honestly don't know the difference between some of those. The reason why i tend to like Human races is cause gear looks best on them. Probably cause the gear art designers are human and will always skew towards making outfits that fit the human body.
    Probably the game tools favor that as well. Other races often have streched out textures for the gear to fit their models.

Kul Tirans embody 1600-1700's naval themes, which is my second most favourite aesthetic era, right after Victorian. Gilneans would probably be up there if their single Cata-era zone didn't become so pathetic once Kul Tiras was implemented into the game. Stormwind is hamstrung by old design too, though whatever new bases they get implements WoD-era structures or even newer. Forsaken are interesting conceptually, but their execution leaves much to be desired.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Dalaran nation. Mages ftw!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post

https://i.redd.it/88rgytjfo8751.jpg

I also like Gilneans.
    Gilneans are cool too! And those..are nice too

I also like Gilneans.
    Look at the size of those KNOCKERS !!! - man, this is bordering on x-rated material

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I honestly don't know the difference between some of those. The reason why i tend to like Human races is cause gear looks best on them. Probably cause the gear art designers are human and will always skew towards making outfits that fit the human body.
    Probably the game tools favor that as well. Other races often have streched out textures for the gear to fit their models.
    Gear looks best on those humans? Females you mean surely? Cos the males...EEEK.

Females in wow are well done generally, they know how to do rough, grizzly men, but theyd on't konw how to do idol grade males, like most video games do.

I also like Gilneans.
    She can win wars on distraction only.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3kuvB7cqZQ

Idk lordaeron was always cool due to the unfolded events that occurred. Decent stories back then.

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    She can win wars on distraction only.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3kuvB7cqZQ

Idk lordaeron was always cool due to the unfolded events that occurred. Decent stories back then.
    Well she is clealry considered Forsaken leader as of going into Shadowlands from the opening scenario quest. Replacing Lillian Voss who was representing the forsaken in Orgrimmar embassy at the end of the war campaign quest chain.

Why would you include the Argents but not the Scarlet Crusade?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Why would you include the Argents but not the Scarlet Crusade?
    Well... technically the SC never was a nation - but neither were the AD/AC, the Defias or the Syndicate, which also feature in the poll. Weird choices @OP

On topic, my favourite human nation was KT, before BfA whitewashed them to hell and back, that is. Daelin was cool af, Jaina... not so much, especially as of BfA. Tiragarde Sound is also my favourite zone in BfA, with Drustvar as a close second.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well... technically the SC never was a nation - but neither were the AD/AC, the Defias or the Syndicate, which also feature in the poll. Weird choices @OP

On topic, my favourite human nation was KT, before BfA whitewashed them to hell and back, that is. Daelin was cool af, Jaina... not so much, especially as of BfA. Tiragarde Sound is also my favourite zone in BfA, with Drustvar as a close second.
    Yeah, weird choices indeed. Kul Tiras was pretty cool but I don't understand why they retconned them to be heathens.