Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. If you want someone to join you voluntarily, you have to cater to him/her to a large extent. But throwing one tantrum after another, as if she was some teenager girl whom her crush won't pay her any attention is just... sad. But certainly not in the way intended by the writers.
    It is fascinating though how Sylvanas has grown more and more evil while becoming less and less threatening as she goes.

Personality-wise she seemed to be the most evil in Cata, whereas now that we know for a fact she has allied with a ancient eldritch being who subjugates innocent souls forever to eventually commit omnicide she suddenly acts like she has a conscience.

Makes me wonder whether it is intentional or not, or whether the writers are just weirdly trying to balance her evil acts by making her personality seem less evil.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by OCoyne View Post
    That and we know that Kel'Thuzad is an ally of the Jailer, it's now a story of Sylvanas is nothing more than a pawn and she doesn't know yet.

We know also that during Maldraxxus Campain Kel'Thuzad is looking for books that lead to idea he is working to a pathway connecting Realms of Death and a manner to by pass a barrier... along with a Rune of Domination to breach the Maw.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

De Other Side (Just kidding) Vancouver Island, BC
    Was the Maw originally called Obleron? Because I see that word a lot when in Torghast

I see dead people.... Yes, kinda my ting, ya know

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Was the Maw originally called Obleron? Because I see that word a lot when in Torghast
    It's possible. During the Shadowlands Beta, the flavor text of the Worn Obleron Etching was "A crumbling manuscript, written in a time before the Maw was called the Maw. Ve'nari will be interested in this." It has been changed in Live to: "A crumbling manuscript hinting at the origins of the Maw. Ve'nari would be fascinated by this." Whether this also walks back the speculation that the Maw was once known as Obleron is unknown.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

Just found this interesting line from brokers in Oribos:

Opulence Ba'hare says: This is an interesting time, Ba'solo. We should strive to find the cause of this chaos. Such knowledge may prove useful.
    Emissary Ba'solo says: Opulence, do you mean the location of the sepul--
    Opulence Ba'hare says: Silence! Do not speak of the grand design!
    Whos sepulcher they are talking about? Can it be one of the first ones?

I honestly start believing brokers will have some more screentime as they are very shady.

Probably the same Sepulcher the Jailer isn't supposed to reach. I wonder how they relate to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    It's possible. During the Shadowlands Beta, the flavor text of the Worn Obleron Etching was "A crumbling manuscript, written in a time before the Maw was called the Maw. Ve'nari will be interested in this." It has been changed in Live to: "A crumbling manuscript hinting at the origins of the Maw. Ve'nari would be fascinated by this." Whether this also walks back the speculation that the Maw was once known as Obleron is unknown.
    Curiously, the name is occassionally mentioned in the theatre in Ardenweald, specificially that there was a play about some fae king Obleron despite there never having been any such person.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Probably the same Sepulcher the Jailer isn't supposed to reach. I wonder how they relate to each other.
    Was it mentioned somewhere?

Curiously, the name is occassionally mentioned in the theatre in Ardenweald, specificially that there was a play about some fae king Obleron despite there never having been any such person.
    Maybe they just... 'borrowed;' the name to make a character?

Quote Originally Posted by hllfrmththrsd View Post
    Was it mentioned somewhere?
    IIRC, it was mentioned in the Primus' warning message.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Maybe they just... 'borrowed;' the name to make a character?
    Given that it doesn't show up anywhere else outside of the Maw, i don't think so.

Interesting. That's probably a reference to Oberon, the king of the faeries in A Midsummer Night's Dream, but the fact the name is shared may well have some kind of connection.
    "HUMAN BEINGS MAKE LIFE SO INTERESTING. DO YOU KNOW, THAT IN A UNIVERSE SO FULL OF WONDERS, THEY HAVE MANAGED TO INVENT BOREDOM." - Death, Hogfather

Interesting. That's probably a reference to Oberon, the king of the faeries in A Midsummer Night's Dream, but the fact the name is shared may well have some kind of connection.
    I'd be more surprised if it wasn't. This is about as much misdirection as the "heavily disguised" Norse god Titan Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I definitely miss simpler times when there was a threat, we defeated it, then something else happened. I feel like we're in the current situation since forever, as the current events are coming from something that happened in ... MoP ? Garrosh who went crazy, then back in time, freed Gul'dan, made the Legion come to Azeroth, leading the Sarg' stabbing the planet, bla, bla, bla and now the Jailer is behind most of this shit since the beginning, even further (with LK) ?

It seems Blizzard writers have written themselves in a corner a long time ago, by trying to write a way-too-convoluted story they can't conclude at all without retconning half of the existing lore.... And that's a pity. I definitely miss the times when there was a big baddie built for the expac, baddie who we defeated at the end, and the end of the expac could be considered as a "now everything's fine". Until something else happened, of course, but not necessarily linked to the previous. Like Cataclysm-MoP transition. Deathwing defeated, planet can start healing, but then something else, unrelated, happens. I'm fed up of this pile of "We succeeded... But wait ! It was part of X plan all along". Makes all endings feel unsatisfying, like Legion's or BfA (wait, wasn't there a blade somewhere ?).

I could not agree more! Feel the exact same way, its tiring and unsatisfying, side quests seem more enjoyable now haha.

Did thrall used his shaman powers when he save him? does it means he can still use shaman powers while the elements abandoning him, or he finally get over his crippling depression?

Also, elements in the maw? how that work? i saw some fire elementals things but those are elementals or just "hellfire" shenanignas like the felfire things?

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Did thrall used his shaman powers when he save him? does it means he can still use shaman powers while the elements abandoning him, or he finally get over his crippling depression?

Also, elements in the maw? how that work? i saw some fire elementals things but those are elementals or just "hellfire" shenanignas like the felfire things?
    He appeared to be electrocuting a few Mawsworn jailers through the chains they were holding him with, which definitely seemed like a use of his Shamanic powers. It appears the Elements and Shamanism in general are still functional in the Maw given that Maw Walker Shamans can still use their own powers, and Maw Walker Warlocks can still summon demons and the like.

He appeared to be electrocuting a few Mawsworn jailers through the chains they were holding him with, which definitely seemed like a use of his Shamanic powers. It appears the Elements and Shamanism in general are still functional in the Maw given that Maw Walker Shamans can still use their own powers, and Maw Walker Warlocks can still summon demons and the like.
    Shamans using their own powers i can understand, but the elements itself presenting there? Warlocks could summon/tear a portal for the demons, not the same as shamans but sure, the ide abehind summoning must be the same

If the shaman can evoke the elements to the maw, then thrall for doing so, must be back with is full power, cause that would be damn hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Shamans using their own powers i can understand, but the elements itself presenting there? Warlocks could summon/tear a portal for the demons, not the same as shamans but sure, the ide abehind summoning must be the same

If the shaman can evoke the elements to the maw, then thrall for doing so, must be back with is full power, cause that would be damn hard.
    Thrall doesn't summon Elemental beings if that's what you're referring, he just appears to channel electricity through the chains binding him - whether or not this is tantamount to a Shamanic Call is unknown, but it does seem to show that at least some of his Shamanic powers are still available to him (and potent enough to stun 4 Mawsworn at once). The fact that a charred totem connected to Thrall was also found does appear to point to a return of Thrall's powers within Torghast.

Field Marshal
    I saw an interesting theory that those we rescued may in fact be agents of the Jailer. Jaina doesn't have her necklace, Thrall using shaman powers seemingly out of nowhere. I'd like to believe the theory but I doubt it's anything more than Blizzard handwaving.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=320501/...ound-in-oribos

Philia seems to have journeyed to the Shadowlands with Ol' Emma, who appears to be intent on finding her three sons who also died during the Gathering. Philia comforted Emma after that tragic event, promising that they would always look after each other, and it's clear she's kept to that promise. Ol' Emma does not seem to be aware that all souls have been going to The Maw for a while, and this would include the souls of the Forsaken who died that day. If you speak to Philia, she will say,
    Anyone else find this utterly fucking ridiculous? Everyone and their mother are going in and out of Shadowlands as they please, people are going sightseeing in the afterlife. Some literally whos from that abomination of a book, no less. (Can Blizz please stop trying to make them relevant btw?) The gravity of the situation has been annihilated, it's all a giant joke now lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=320501/...ound-in-oribos

Anyone else find this utterly fucking ridiculous? Everyone and their mother are going in and out of Shadowlands as they please, people are going sightseeing in the afterlife. Some literally whos from that abomination of a book, no less. (Can Blizz please stop trying to make them relevant btw?) The gravity of the situation has been annihilated, it's all a giant joke now lmao.
    They've been doing this for a while now. Remember this:

"Oh no. We're stuck on a hostile planet in a different timeline and we had to destroy the portal that got us here. Anyways, let's open up a portal and bring in some peasants to build our Garrison."

But yeah, this is even more ridiculous.

There's Portals to Oribos in Stormwind/Orgrimmar, someone's bound to be curious enough to step through them, right?