Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Anduin is already well-versed in the arts of shadow magic. In fact, he was able to mind-control a dwarf in MoP. He most definitely does not need a journey to the Maw to learn how to use shadow magic effectively.
    Yeah, I agree with this. Everything indicates that Anduin has the full Alliance Priest training: He learned both Holy and Shadow sorcery, like the playable Priest, but his nature (gotta help others!) favors the Holy spells.

Being threatened and stressed in the Maw may change his problem-solving method tho. A cornered Priest will sooner use Shadow magic before succumbing. And in the end, both magics are powered by his Faith, so he would be just as strong as Shadow caster.

Anduin's official artwork (that can be seen both in Hearthstone and on the official WoW website) also depicts him wielding shadow magic proficiently:

The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

I look Blizz decided to give him a role, he needs a new goal and he will be given it

Oribos is Urdak, Arbiter is Khan Maykr. Y/N?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post

With the way these 3 talk of the Maw/Torghast and how long they've been there I don't think Anduin is going to come out the same as he was before. He's been there the longest so far and who knows when we find him. If/when we save when I feel like he's going to start going towards the Shadows/Void aspect of Priests.
    Wait there's already a quest line for rescuing people in the Maw? They're really doing a bad job of making the Jailer out as a worthwhile villain. At least Thrall takes some effort to save and Anduin will probably be moreso but the way Jaina and especially Baine is saved is rather lame.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Quote Originally Posted by Darknessvamp View Post
    Wait there's already a quest line for rescuing people in the Maw? They're really doing a bad job of making the Jailer out as a worthwhile villain. At least Thrall takes some effort to save and Anduin will probably be moreso but the way Jaina and especially Baine is saved is rather lame.
    Maybe he wants them to escape? It's all part of the keikaku (keikakuu means "plan") But I agree, so far it's all pretty Dick Dastardly-tier. What about some true terror and despair man? For a literal hell it's pretty lenient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Anduin could break after being tortured in Torghast for what may be relative eons for him. Perhaps we may even see the first of a possible future:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bagina View Post
    Maybe he wants them to escape? It's all part of the keikaku (keikakuu means "plan") But I agree, so far it's all pretty Dick Dastardly-tier. What about some true terror and despair man? For a literal hell it's pretty lenient.
    It's possible, still would be a strange plan to give up your prisoners that your current enemies value highly so readily. Especially for someone who is supposed to be all for eternal torture. Even then you'd think Sylvanas would have some say or role in keeping them in the Maw what with her list of grudges against them.

On that note has there been any further mention or appearance of Sylvanas on the beta aside from the introduction quests or are we getting BfA again where she acts malevolently in a completely separate instance/background from us only to reveal two patches later that she did a thing and allied herself with the Deacon of Life and we're going to the Planes of Joy next expansion?

Additionally I recall there is more mentions of "The First Ones" in that quest line. Who else thinks they're going hard on a full reset and introducing another older than old Pantheon that predates the Titans and we're going to get "they're like Titans but bigger and better and morer" at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Hmmmm, I wonder if Anduin could break after being tortured in Torghast for what may be relative eons for him. Perhaps we may even see the first of a possible future:
    I mean it would be cool to see Anduin expressing a cold and calculating side/embracing his reactive behavior as the Shadowreaper but we should ask what would Golden allow. Will she let her Golden boi be all edgy and evil if it means that she could embellish praise and pomp for his redemption arc or would she never allow her Anduin to act even a little "toxic".
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2020-08-02 at 08:23 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

There's a theory by some folks on SoL discord that he was trying to see if he could turn the faction leaders into replacements for the eternals or the heads of "new" afterlives
    Twas brillig

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly its more likely that Torghast will break and become anduininsed.

Thrall couldn't even keep his stupid Horde in-check, good luck ruling over an entire realm of the afterlife. The Jailer is stupid.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

On that note has there been any further mention or appearance of Sylvanas on the beta aside from the introduction quests or are we getting BfA again where she acts malevolently in a completely separate instance/background from us only to reveal two patches later that she did a thing and allied herself with the Deacon of Life and we're going to the Planes of Joy next expansion?
    I really don't want this to be the case. I want SL to be the Sylvanas expansion. The trailer promised a lot.

Additionally I recall there is more mentions of "The First Ones" in that quest line. Who else thinks they're going hard on a full reset and introducing another older than old Pantheon that predates the Titans and we're going to get "they're like Titans but bigger and better and morer" at some point?
    Going by the greek mythology The First Ones could be the first gods that later created Titans.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    There's a theory by some folks on SoL discord that he was trying to see if he could turn the faction leaders into replacements for the eternals or the heads of "new" afterlives
    But, where'd each of them go? I could see Thrall going to Maldraxxus and Baine (maybe) going to Ardenweald, the other I'm not sure. hmm...

Tinfoil hat theory: All of the Covenant leaders are secretly serving the Jailer and will die/be replaced by the end of the Expac
    Last edited by LemonDemonGirl; 2020-08-02 at 08:38 PM.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Hmmmm, I wonder if Anduin could break after being tortured in Torghast for what may be relative eons for him. Perhaps we may even see the first of a possible future,
    I've been wondering if Anduin will emerge from the Shadowlands rapidly aged like Khadgar was, so that he looks like the 'old Anduin' from the 'Son of the Wolf' comic.

So I just had an idea as to what could be the metric by which the souls are sent to the Maw. It's not about their deeds or how evil the were but about how "harvestable" their souls are. Since anima is delicious and essential to the existence of the SL. Arbiter determines if a soul can produce a sufficent amount of anima, if it cannot it's deemed disposable and thrown into the trashbin aka the Maw.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I've been wondering if Anduin will emerge from the Shadowlands rapidly aged like Khadgar was, so that he looks like the 'old Anduin' from the 'Son of the Wolf' comic.
    That would make sense, and would also tie into 10.0 flawlessly. 10.0 will probably be an expansion revolving around the Light and the Void as well as the cosmic conflict between these two forces. That's when Son of the Wolf comic would come into play.

3+ Year Old Account

dios mio we already have Arthas, let's not make an Arthas 2.0

- - - Updated - - -

I could also think of Turalyon (Light) on the throne/leadership (Crown) being lenient (bring) to Alleria (Darkness) would eventually backfire and boom Void Lords!

but hey at least the highest ranking Lordaeronian leading the Alliance didn't Garithos'ed the (Void) Elves this time
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Thrall has some powers back.

Discussion on Story Forums makes it sound like he's not 100% back to his old self but he's got some magic.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    That would make sense, and would also tie into 10.0 flawlessly. 10.0 will probably be an expansion revolving around the Light and the Void as well as the cosmic conflict between these two forces. That's when Son of the Wolf comic would come into play.
    no it doesn't make sense, beard doesn't help character development.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thrall has some powers back.

Discussion on Story Forums makes it sound like he's not 100% back to his old self but he's got some magic.
    But still he got problems with his shamanistic powers, he stand fainted actually.

On other hands. I don't think Elune is deeply connected only to Night Elves. If you saw that lame Ardenweald covenant chapter campaign, you know what i mean.